Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[PRP] Hey, wait just a second...(Zephyr/Kou/Naiya/Ramiz)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:14 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The visit of their leopon friend had put Zephyr's mind in a better place. Sure, the couple was still at war with each other and their den was a tense place to be, but she had managed to smile at one of his paltry jokes. It wasn't much, but it was progress.

Though it did seem like every little thing started a fight between them these days. Jobs, views on life, the way they slept...definitely not 'wedded bliss'. Surely the entire pride knew of their issues by now, and that bothered her. Zephyr knew she wasn't well liked for her reckless behavior. She could only imagine what kind of juicy rumors were being spread at her back now that she and her mate had been caught more than once at each other's throats in public.

The storms of the season had brought in a hoard of fish onto shore, and at present she was helping to sift through it with the other Kinengwe. It was important to check for the good among the rotten that way they wouldn't have to use as much time hunting, especially in this nasty weather.

As far as Kou was concerned his marriage was in shambles. They could no longer hide their problems from the pride, and that made him feel less than a male. He had promised her family that he could keep her safe and happy, but was he really doing either? The large male huffed with the other Bumani, pulling the larger fish that had washed up off the beach as the Kinengwe sorted the mess. They were only here for clean up, so he shouldn't be looking over the beach for his mate, but he was.

Keeping Zephyr "safe" ran parallel to keeping her "happy". If she were both at once she would be a Goddess of the turbulent sea, sending great sea monsters crashing into mountains and beaches.

He shook his head. There was no use brooding on it. They were getting back to stable footing, so that's what he wanted to focus on. Kou knew he loved her, and he knew she loved him, but trying to find it again was harder than he thought.

Sabra Knight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm
User Image

“Are you sure this is the pride we’re looking for?” The large lion shuddered as cold water washed over his paws once more. The ocean was lovely as was the area, but something about winter waters gave him chills. It was the complete opposite for his companion who was basically dancing in and out on the sands with each crashing wave. Her sparkling gaze only seemed to light up even more with each touch of the sea foam against her fur and Ramiz could only gaze at her antics. Was she really a lion or a fish? He was still trying to figure that out ever since she had swam into the ocean waters and saved his life. After that she was far from anything average in his eyes.

Dancing in tune with the waves the blue lioness blinked back towards Ramiz with a small smile, “It should be! After all I’ve followed the ocean’s call for a while now and if I know my sister then she must be somewhere nearby.” Her gaze softened as she recalled her companion’s story, “Maybe if we’re fortunate this might allow you to find something about your own family.”

“Naiya…” Ramiz shook his head, “I told you to stop worrying about me.” He offered a goofy smile as he trudged along behind her, “After all you’ve been out in the rogue lands searching with me for a while now…if I don’t ever see Zaid again…as long as I can hope he’s alive then that’s good for me.”

Naiya frowned. She knew separation from family was tough and when she lost her two sisters to their own calling she had felt so desolate. Without Iara and Zarya life seemed emptier for her, but she had continued on. This pride had given her hope, however, as its love of the ocean continuously reminded her of her own family. With any luck she hoped that one of her older sister’s had settled here as well…after all what other place would be perfect for them? If not then she had already decided since becoming a guest of the pride that this place would be her home…and flushing she looked over towards Ramiz. Perhaps he would decide to stay as well? Not that she would ever admit to crushing on the lion…but they had been through so much looking for their families that she was beginning to feel truly attached to the lion.

“Naiya be careful!” Ramiz darted around her and prevented her from stumbling into a pile of fish, “Stop day dreaming about things and focus, alright?”

“Sorry.” Squeaking the lioness looked towards Zephyr with a flush, “I hope I didn’t get in anyone’s way.” Quietly though she slowed and looked towards the lioness. The pelt was completely off…but something about the pattern…was so familiar, “You….no.” She smiled and shook her head, “As it is can we help in anyway? I’m not the strongest, but Ramiz can sometimes be useful.”

Her companion just shook his head at her teasing, “Well as useless as I can be I’ll see if I’m strong enough to wrestle some fish on land.” Turning on his paw Ramiz just left Naiya before heading off to where the Bumani worked.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:17 pm
Zephyr looked up from her work and smiled. Her good eye sparked like the soft clouds in the middle of a storm. "Hey, it's a free beach." She laughed. Sifting through fish at her paws was a mind numbing task, but not one that had left her callous. If anything she had been looking for an excuse to do something else for a few hours now.

"If you want to help I'm not gonna stop ya. The more paws, the better." Tossing her head to the left she motioned to the busy beach. "Storms have been dragging in fish by the hundreds. We're trying to figure out which ones are good enough to keep and which ones need to be drug off for the scavengers. You can either help me here sorting, or go off with my lug of a mate there-" She pointed to Kou, in all of his dark glory. "-to take off the carcasses."

Koukakala made his way closer to Zephyr at a slower pace so she wouldn't notice his movements. Of course she had, and had even pointed him out! If he had been paler he would have flushed.

Without any pretense of hiding he moved closer to meet the fresh faced male when a thought hit him. Didn't this one look a lot like Zaid? The face stripes were the same, even if the colors were off. And that mane had the same sheen, even if it was lighter.

This was...odd.

"Are you both new arrivals?" He asked of the male as he moved towards a larger fish.

"The name's Zephyr, by the way. Haven't seen you around, though. Couldn't miss those stripes of yours."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Naiya smiled at the laughter though it caught her by surprise to notice that the other lioness seemed to have a bad eye, the poor girl, "I'm glad to hear that then. Some try to say otherwise." The lioness looked around, "I'm still getting used to the feeling of this pride. It's so nice and open despite the fishiness." Trying not to flush at her joke that Ramiz would have teased her for, the lioness pawed at one of the fish and inspected it. That one looked fine for keeping.

"As new as I am here I wouldn't like to be seen as lazy." Naiya commented, "First impressions are important, no?" Her violet gaze gleamed, "As it is looks like the pride won't be starving for a while. I'm glad to have come when I did." At the suggestion she shook her head, "As much as I wish I could I'm more suited to this since it's similar to finding herbs for medicines.Looks like Ramiz is already on his way out as it is."

Shaking his head at the females Ramiz pulled closer to Kou as he moved another fish, "Females and their teasing." He commented quietly before blinking at the question, "Yes, yes we are." The lion followed towards the large fish with Kou, "Naiya loves the ocean and thinks this place might be her new home while I'm just traveling with her...I might stay but....I'm not certain." He looked towards Naiya thoughtfully before sighing, "I have two things pulling at me at once. But I'll decide when the time comes." His brother or Naiya? How was he supposed to chose between those two?

"Anyway let's get this fish before giving them a chance for any commentary."

"Zephyr." Naiya nodded her head, "It's nice to meet you. I'm Naiya and my friend's name is Ramiz." She smiled, "We just came to the pride and are guests currently though the ocean has already called me here to stay. I'm hoping to find out more about this place and who lives here while my friend is on a search of his own."

"So are you and your mate native to here or did you wander in as well?"She shifted through some more fish, "Though I'm jealous. It must be nice to have a family here at the ocean...especially with such a handsome mate you have." Naiya beamed playfully though from his actions she already saw that the lion was careful of Zephyr. He must care a lot for her. The thought made Naiya happy though she couldn't help but to peek towards Ramiz. It definitely must be nice to have a caring mate... She flushed as he glanced over towards her as well and went straight back to the fish.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 pm
Zephyr snorted. "Well, then they're full of it. Territory is territory; no one can claim the beach but the ocean itself." At least, that's how her father had always taught it to her. She moved a few of the smaller fish around with her paws, making stacks for the keeps and the removes. Every once in a while she would sneak a bite or two from the good ones, not even trying to hide her actions. "It's the best in my opinion, but then again, it's the only one I've ever known."

Zephyr laughed and shook her head. "You've got a point, but I think getting used to your surroundings wouldn't really count as lazy. Everyone deserves a break now and then." Not like she could get her mate to see things that way. The big lug was going to work himself into a coma if he wasn't careful.

"It never ends." Kou quirked the side of his mouth in a grin. The brutish male picked up a large fish as easily as if it had been a smaller version and passed it on through the lion assembly chain into the forest. It was easy for him to lift them, but the help was nice because sometimes his teeth would tear through the rotting scales.

Moving on to the next he motioned towards the tail. "Get that end, and lets see how you feel about staying with that taste in your mouth." He teased. "It never goes away, really." And after a time, Kou stated, "I was a rogue before I came here. Didn't know if I wanted to stay with Zephyr or not. I had a lot of things pulling on me, but love...that's something you only find once. Everything else just falls into place after that.

He bent down to grab the head in his maw.

Zephyr nearly chocked on her fish. She felt a bone catch in her throat, which had her coughing and holding up her paw. It has to be a coincidence. That made did look really familiar, and that name? No way. No flippin' way.

She hit her throat with her paw and swallowed. "Well, I'd be happy to help you find out whatever you need to know. If I can't find it I'm sure someone in my family can." They were large enough, after all. Zephyr moved the rest of her fish to the side. "Kou wandered in when I was an adolescent, though he decided to stay after the tsunami. I was so happy that he chose to stay with me, but now..." She shook her head. "I wouldn't be jealous of us, if I were you. Things aren't so...good right now. Not that you needed to know that.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:45 pm

Listening to Zephyr made Naiya's smile grow even more, "I agree. Even then no one can tell what the ocean will do to it's own. It's a blessing and a curse." She watched as the younger lioness bit from the fish and just scooted her own into the piles as well while keeping one or two to the side. It wouldn't hurt them if she kept some for Ramiz and herself too. She laughed softly, "Your opinion wouldn't be biased at all then would it?" Teasingly she looked at Zephyr before kicking out another foul fish.

"Ah, but when I first come to a place I feel like I should work extra hard. That way I get accepted first before slacking off constantly." She joked lightly, "But I do enjoy the idea of getting used to the surroundings especially when I need to figure out my place here."

"A truth indeed." Ramiz grinned, "I'm still amazed daily by how different things are from my old home." Not that he would ever complain. It was refreshing to see a lioness with her true face rather than one forced into pleasing a male. He would much rather be constantly teased by Naiya than having someone cower before him just because they weren't born a male as well. Not like his home had been that bad...but some...he just wondered how different they would have been had they been born with freedom.

Ramiz winced at the comment, "I guess we will see." Fish had never been a common thing growing up but traveling with Naiya by the waterfront had kept it in his mouth constantly. As much as he loved the tender meat the rich taste of an antelope was still charming, "I suppose I really need to get used to it then. Do we end up growing fins as well after a while?" He grinned jokingly before grabbing onto the fish tail to help move it. At first he thought he had a good grip but the sudden last second movement of the tail from dead nerves made the lion jump and he had to react quickly to grab it again before letting it hit the ground. The flush was still there as he looked towards Kou, "Well...that doesn't happen often."

His interest peaked though when the male admitted he was also a rogue before, "A rogue then?" Ramiz's expression shifted when he heard the story, "Only once right?" His gaze softened as he remembered his own adventures and the crushes he had won and lost. Maybe Kou was right though...if he hadn't failed so many times then he would have been in the fights with the rest of them rather than out in the roguelands. He would have witnessed his pride's demise...then he would have never found Naiya...but still...the lion's heart was obviously heavy as his mind went astray. So many things that had changed since his younger days...so many chances had and lost, "Love might just be too complicated at times."

Bending down he picked the tail back up in his maw to help move it.

"Are you alright?" Naiya's violet gaze flashed with concern as she watched the lioness. She wasn't the best healer like her sisters, but she did remember some of their mother's teachings, "If you can help then that would be great." She smiled warmly, "That is if you can breath now." She paused and looked towards Ramiz again, "I'm not supposed to keep looking because I'm trying to reunite with someone myself, but he is looking for someone...but he'll have to fess up. I'll get in trouble if I push about his brother....I mean his search too much." After all she was supposed to drop it and enjoy their stay here, try to rest and have a home now after moons of wandering...but she still worried about her companion. What would happen to him if she let him leave here without her?

"Aww." Naiya's gaze brimmed, "That sounds very romantic though." Her tail curled around her paws as she sat on the sand, "You know...from the way you two seem to be I don't doubt love there. Even as a stranger I can see it in the way you talk about him and the way he kept his eye on you, Zephyr." Her voice the way it purred was like someone else's as she comforted the lioness, "All mates have spats at times...some a lot some less than others. It's hard getting used to having another with equal say in your life." She smiled, "I know even Ramiz and I have had our fights -not that we're together like that mind you!- but we stuck through them. It's just two personalities meeting will always clash. After all wouldn't it be a scary thing to be mated to yourself?"

She flushed lightly, "I know I'm a stranger to you, but I believe things will be alright for you and your mate. Rough patches happen...especially if you're newly mated. I'm sure things will work out. After all love is a tough thing to be destroyed."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:21 pm
Koukakala couldn't help a little chuckling rumble. It wasn't often a dead fish smacked a lion, but it was amusing, to say the least! The lion hadn't grinned this much in days. When they got the fish moved he wiped his maw with the back of his paw and turned his attention to the lighter lion.

"Many false loves, but only one that was true." Kou was older than his mate, possibly not much younger than her mother, in fact, but that didn't mean that he cared for her any less. Age was only a number, after all. "I think that you've got a lot weighing on your heart, Ramiz. A lot more than should be there. Perhaps you should voice your worries to Naiya? It's obvious the two of you are close." Though how close was for the lion to tell. Kou didn't know the extent of the relationship, nor did he particularly care. He just knew that if the younger lion walked around with that weight on his chest that he would someday break.

After all, didn't' the same happen to Zaid?

"Oh yeah, I'm totally fine." Zephyr coughed and nodded her head. Her display had garnered the attention of more than one onlooker but that didn't bother her as much as some of the information she was picking up. One quick look at Kou and seeing his head nod towards Ramiz told her she wasn't the only one.

She shrugged her shoulders, covering it as a tired action. "His...his brother. What does he look like? Does he have a name? Maybe someone has seen him in this area." What a coincidence that would be! Zephyr wanted to go find her sister that instant, but this as still soft ground. She needed to tread lightly.

"He's just...he won't listen to me, and I worry." Zephyr pouted. Talking to this lioness was like talking to her mother at times and it made her feel comfortable. "Oh Gods above, I would never want to be mated to me! He's a stronger soul than I am, that's for sure!" She cackled. The seashell over her eye moved in the action. "I guess you're on to something there, Naiya. I don't have any intention of leaving him, so I might as well take a shot, huh? I guess for a time I was just worried I was going to end up like my mother. She's so lonely without my father around and it was kind of scary to look at."

Moving away from the fish for a moment she gave Naiya a cat like smirk. "Are you suuuurrreee there's nothing going on between you two? Nothing at alll?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:03 pm

At least someone got a good laugh at it. As much as he wanted to frown at the situation the lion couldn't help but to smile. That smile vanished back into a thoughtful frown though at Kou's statement, "Only one, hm? I guess then that means you never know when you'll find the true one. Or if it's truly true for that matter." His gaze swept downward towards the sand. He thought he had someone once, but she was just another wind that had just swept through his life.

"I would rather not bother her down." Ramiz commented quietly, "She's already had so many troubles of her own and has already helped me a lot." He looked up towards Kou, "It's best to let her try to finally sleep and rest. I want her to be happy here rather than being dragged around by a mopey lion like me." He shook his head, "I'll be fine. I just tend to over think things."

Naiya blinked in surprise, "I'm not going to lie. I wasn't expecting so much interest in the matter. But do you really think it's possible?" Her gaze widened with hope, "He was so afraid that he had lost his whole family forever...then his brother was out here too with him and they got separated." The lioness looked down toward the ground with a sigh, "It was so long ago...still I continued asking around despite Ramiz's protests. I'm afraid if I start up now he'll get upset since he's worried that I'm focusing more on his brother than on my own sisters. 'Focus on your older sisters not me' he always grumps like that lately."

"A case of hardheadedness?" Naiya smiled playfully, "But would he also say the same thing then? Most disagreements start with missing the intention of the other." The lioness laughed at Zephyr's reaction, "See?" Her tone was light and teasing though as she said it, "Don't give up. I say there's going to be a long time of you two having to deal with each other. But something tells me you won't be complaining by the day's end~"

"Ah." Her gaze did sadden though at the meaning of Zephyr's words, "I feel bad for any lioness who has lost her mate. Even more reason to hold onto yours as I'm certain your mother wants her cubs to have the happiness that she remembers once sharing with another. I know that's all my mother wanted for Iara, Zayra, and I." She smiled quietly, "Sorry, I really am acting like an old lioness reminiscing like that...but it's hard to remember a mother who had lost her mate to disease."

The lioness flushed boldly at the playful question, "Ramiz and I? Oh! No-no-no! We just bonded because I'm looking for my sisters and I found him in the ocean and then helped him recover...oh no! He's so focused on finding Zaid...and I'm trying to settle here...and we're just friends...that's all!" Her gaze dropped to the sands as she felt her whole body warm from embarrassment. Not only was she slipping up in her protests, but she also gave a name without meaning to. Ramiz would be upset if he heard that she had asked for Zaid here as well...but still she wanted to help him. Even if it meant that finding Zaid meant she would have to give up on finding Iara...after all Ramiz was the one who she wanted to see truly smile again.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:20 pm
Koukakala just shrugged his shoulders. He wasn't one to press a male when the case seemed to be closed, so to him it was as it was. Though he would have relied on his partner he could understand Ramiz's hesitancy. "As you wish. All I can say is that how are you so sure that the answer to both of your problems isn't within the ocean itself?" Kou had little doubt now as to who this male was, though he wasn't about to cause a scene blabbing it. Best to take it all slow and steady.

"I gather you'll be fine, but it isn't you I'm concerned with." Had this male talked with Naiya about his woes? Being around someone else and having a heart would mean that she was already quite worried about him. Kou shrugged and nodded towards the females. "Pour yourself into your work and your troubles can be packed away for now. Let's get back to work."

Leaving that discussion for later, Kou moved back down the sand towards the ladies.

Zephyr nodded her head. "Oh, I think it is highly possible! You might even want to know that I have a a sixth sense about these things." She laughed awkwardly. This was so cheesy it burned, but there wasn't much else she could do. All she wanted to do was get away from this female and find her sister.

Though, to hear about her sisters brought out true concern. "I don't know where I would be without my sisters. To have them lost-" She shook her head. "-I can't imagine. Maybe you can look for them too while you're here?"

She started to ponder on some lame excuse to branch away from the lioness for a while when a shaft of granite pierced her chest. Gods above, what the hell is happening today?! "Oh, really, your mother...." Her lip twitched awkwardly as she choked on air. Zephyr had to get out of there; now. She had two lionesses she needed to find and right then! "I am very sorry to hear about that. It must have been hard on you, and...your sisters."

What the hell, mom? Couldn't you have told me some of this?

Clapping her paws, Zephyr focused on the playful attitude. "You know what? I think that you and Ramiz should find a nice den to stay in for the night. You two have had a long journey and shouldn't be working so hard. Maybe we'll drop by later for a chat. Doesn't that sound nice?" s**t, s**t, s**t, s**t.

"Look, here they come. You should go rest and take a load off. KOU!" She snapped, loud enough for the darker male to come barreling towards her. "Kou, dear, we need to go get....food, real food, for our guests, don't you think?"

"I think that would be wise." He nodded, ten times calmer than his mate, but likely because he didn't know what she knew. Or at least, the full extent. "Shall we convene later?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:36 pm
"Thank you.' Ramiz shook his head, "The ocean may be the path finder for many, but I'm still uncertain about its role in my life. I wasn't raised to follow it like Naiya was." He frowned at Kou's statement though. Who was he concerned with then? Best to just focus on this and get going soon then. He started throwing fish as quickly as possible before heading away from the others and circling around to locate Naiya again.

"Really?" Naiya just tilted her head with curiosity. Was it truly possible that Zephyr knew of Zaid? The lioness was suddenly acting truly strange...it made her wonder. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...for Ramiz's sake though I hope it might be a true lead. It was that or all of a sudden Zephyr was plotting some demise or mischief on them. Naiya really was baffled by this sudden change and rush of plans.

The lioness smiled, "Thank you. I'm hoping so. The ocean helped me to save Ramiz's life and now it brought us here...maybe there's more to it than just finding a home with this pride?" She mused quietly though her gaze was intent on watching Zephyr. Something was definitely happening and Naiya was curious to find out exactly what it was.

"Su-sure?" As Zephyr and Kou bailed Naiya turned to look towards Ramiz with a laugh, "So...that just happened."

As he watched them scurry away the lion gave Naiya a slow look, "Should we hide? Did you offend them or me?" He frowned, "Something was odd about them just now."

She laughed, "Well either they know something about us...or they're plotting to eat us for dinner or just want to kill us and hide our bodies."

"Thanks Naiya...that one makes me feel safe."

"You're right! We should just wait and see what they have in store for us then!

As she laughed and headed further down the shoreline Ramiz just swallowed his worry. Whatever surprise was in store for them he hoped it would happen soon that way he wouldn't have gray fur from stressing so much. After all Naiya on her own was enough worry...he definitely didn't need more than her doing that to his life.

Still as he thought of the couple he met today Ramiz did have to pause...something about them just made him feel odd. What was this feeling? Hope or worry?

Naiya definitely seemed intrigued and happier than usual...so maybe something good was really coming in with the tide.

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces