User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Bik was loving living in the pack. She had been a rogue wonderer for too long. Now she had a home a place to live and hopefully soon enough a family of her own. Of course to whole pack was her family but Bik truly did want a little family of her own. She had spent so much time being only responsible for herself and now she was ready to be responsible for little lives as well. She supposed it was her biological clock ticking away.

Today she was on the edge of the pack collecting some berries. Bik was excited that her skills were of use here in the pack. She had never been a great hunter, she got by when she was on her own but she did tend to eat a lot of plants but it was way easier to catch something that wasn’t going to run away from you.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kunle was fulfilling his Sentry duties today walking the edge of the pack looking not only for threats but also for wondering rogues who may be looking for a new home or safety for a short period of time. Kunle had always liked being important, in his old pack he had been working up the ranks before it had disbanded.

Here in Tangambili he wasn’t interested in climbing the ranks, all he wanted was to find a home and make a life. Though he did still like being somewhat important, and he found that in guarding the place he now called home and one day would be home to his family too.

Bik saw the bright red pelt coming her way. She recognized the male as another member of Tangambili. She smiled immediately. She was pretty sure the male wild dog had joined the pack around the same time that she had but she had yet to actually talk to him. She wondered if perhaps today he would have the time to stop and talk to her. She wanted to make more friends in the pack and frankly she found the male quite attractive and wanted to get to know him better.

“Hello there” Bik called out to him. She wasn’t sure what his job in the pack was but she hoped that he wasn’t too busy.

Kunle had of course seen the female before she called out to him, it was his duty to see everything that was around him. He eyed the female as he made his way towards her. She had a pale coat with just hints of a pale green here and there and eyes that matched her green. She certainly was easy on the eyes.

“Why good morning.” Kunle greeted her. He knew that she was already member of the pack and based on the weaved basket filled with berries she must be a gatherer. Every job was important and necessary herein the pack so Kunle did not look down upon anyone else, even if he did think his job was one of the most important.

Bik stopped picking her berries and took a seat when the male made it to her side. Up close Bik was even more impressed with his red coat, she had noticed from afar but he had several different shades in him, it was very becoming. Bik was pretty sure that she had never seen someone as vibrantly colored as this male.

“My name is Bik.” She told the male. First encounters were always so awkward she liked to get the pleasantries out of the way so that they could into a real conversation sooner.

“My name is Kunle” the red male told her as he took a seat next to her. He was pretty sure he had enough time to take a little bit of a rest before he continued on his way around the perimeter. He took his job seriously but how could he resist a pretty female who clearly wanted a chat.

“How long have you been living here Bik?” He was pretty sure she had already been in the pack when he had joined but he had gathered that she was fairly new as well.

“Oh just a short time, maybe a month or close to it.” Bik never had a keen sense of time. “I’m quite happy that I found this place though.” In truth Bik had stumbled across the pack quite by accident. A sentry much like Kunle had brought her into the heart of the pack where she learned of a whole new way of life. She had fallen in love instantly.

“How about you Kunle. How do you like the pack?” She wasn’t sure if the male had ever lived in a place like this before or if just like her he was new to life living amongst others.

“Oh I am quite happy here.” Kunle said as he gestured all around himself. He had never felt more at home then he did here, even if he had been born in his original pack this one seemed like home to him.

“I came from another pack, it disbanded and I never felt quite right out in the rogue lands by myself. So here I am. Now if only I could make some friends here I would hazard to say life is just about perfect.”

“Well I must say Kunle perhaps we shall be friends.” In truth Bik was interested in being a little more than friends she couldn’t help but be drawn to that brilliant coat of his. “Or at least I would like it very much if we could be friends.” Bik wasn’t going to beat around the bush her biological clock was ticking louder and louder. She just hopped that the male would be interested in courting her and getting to know her better.

“I suppose for today though I should let you get back to your duties.” She said a smile on her face. She didn’t want to let the male go but at least they had gotten their first interaction out of the way from here things could only get better.

Kunle smiled back, “Yes I suppose I should get back to work shouldn’t I.” Kunle said. He would never slack on his job. He was also sure that he would find this female wild dog again so he could get to know her better.

“I am sure we will become great friends Bik.” He said as he got back up and headed on his way. For the rest of his patrol all he could think about was the pale white and green female he had met.