Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Summer's Not Over (Calla and Chosovi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:40 pm
This is a PRP between XxXPandamoniumXxX's Chosovi and my Calla. Please do not post without permission.

User Image

All of this talk around the lands about summer coming to a close had Calla a little bit out of sorts. Spring and summer were by far his favorite seasons, and he wasn't nearly ready to let them go yet. But that was the thing. Summer wasn't over yet. In fact, he felt like the best part of it had just begun! The pumpkin and squash blossoms were just beginning to open, the sunflowers were nearly in full bloom, and while the days weren't completely what they had been just several moons ago, they were still long...ish. So long as the flowers were still around, he was a happy stallion, and summer was certainly not over.

Calla made his way quietly through the forest, nipping inconstantly at the season's blackberries and blueberries on his way. He had no real destination, it was just nice to be out and about. Besides, the flowers he had seen along the way always made it worth it. He had seen the most lovely lilacs and wild violets, and even a lady slipper or two. The sight warmed his heart and assured him that fall was far from here, but when it came it would bring apples and pumpkins and plenty of delicious foods. He found himself feeding on berries more and more as he went along. Thinking of all of this food was certainly having quite the effect!

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:10 pm
User Image

The adult mare was still a little weary. If it wasn't the unbearable weather at times then it was the annoyances that came into her land bothering her endlessly. Most weather she didn't mind, but when it came to the summer and the heat she wanted to just lay in a pool of water all day. She was like her mother in that aspect. She loved the colder climates so she stuck close to the mountains at least for as long as she could. When the season came along where it would storm then she would retreat back into the warmer lands so that she didn't freeze. Now it was hot. Annoyingly hot. Something she didn't like at all and it made hunting a pain. Then again what was she going to do. She couldn't change the weather so dealing with it was her only option.

She flicked her fluffy tail as she slowly raised her head up from her perch. She had been sleeping on one of the high tree branches in some well suited shade. She was away from any predators that wanted to bother her and she was out of the sun's rays so she could rest in a little bit of coolness. She shifted slightly tilting her head slightly to the side when she saw a stallion walking through the woods as if nothing was wrong. She didn't like anyone sneaking by her and it caused her to raise up then jump to the ground with a quiet thud right in front of the stallion. She watched him stop and stood her ground looking at him very closely. She examined him within a few seconds before flicking her tail then letting out a low growl. "Is there a reason for you to be crossing this way?" She asked keeping her distance from him and digging her claws into the soft soil.

"Tell me or I will have no choice, but to attack you." She didn't trust anyone. They could easily turn on her and this stallion was no different. This stallion could easily attack her when she wasn't looking and he had wings at his advantage. She wasn't afraid. She was never afraid of anything. She never once shown fear and wouldn't do so now. She learned that fear was a weakness and she never wanted it to slow her down.

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:28 pm
Calla's eyes widened and he jumped a little bit, startled at the mare's sudden appearance. He finished chewing the group of berries he'd just plucked and raised a brow at her. "Well, that's a bit harsh, is it not?" He tilted his head, fairly certain he wasn't going to get an answer. "I was just passing through, admiring the wild flowers and grazing on some berries on my way, is all. I haven't really got a particular destination, I just wish to see all of the flowers summer's got to offer before they're all gone." He nodded quaintly at the aggressive mare, wondering why she'd even bother to show herself when he hadn't even noticed her.

After a few moments, the stallion smiled. "Say, are you from these lands? If so, have you got any flower groves around here? I'd love to see them if you have!" Oh, what a splendid idea! He didn't even think to remember how nasty the mare had just been, and couldn't imagine treading lightly. Calla was certainly a stallion with one mind set, and he often forgot to keep focused on the task at hand. He tucked his wings neatly to his side, his eyes wandering from the mare to his surroundings in an attempt to find himself more flowers to gaze upon and smell.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:04 pm
The stallion was a strange one. Not as strange as Gareth, but he was definitely up there. At first, Chosovi didn't know what to say to him. Helping him out seemed a little out of the way especially in the heat, but she wasn't doing anything exciting. The most she was doing was taking a nap and now that she was up there was no way she was getting back to sleep again. A flower grove? It was definitely something she wasn't expecting to be asked and she took a couple moments to think it over. She then let her growl die off and she raised her head up as much as she could perking her ears up as well. "Fine. I will take you to a place I know of. I'm assuming you have a thing for flowers?" She asked him and didn't really like them herself. They were pretty and that bothered her. So perfect with no flaws. She found that a little irritating. Gareth would have called her crazy by now and told her to lighten up, but he was the only one who could speak to her that way. Anyone else would be lucky to get away with their lives in tack.

"Follow." She turned away from him and began to walk through the woods keeping her eye on him occasionally in case he did something she really didn't like. "Do you always ask strangers about flowers or does my appearance make you believe I know where they are?" She knew she looked like a wolf. She was good at tracking and hunting. She traveled all over and didn't really have any place that she hadn't walked across. She was always the adventurous type and it definitely shown when she would speak of various places.

"We have to cross this ravine so I hope you can fly." She glanced back before bursting into a full run. In the distance was a small gap, but it still required a good leap for those that couldn't fly. When she reached the edge of the cliff, she jumped over waiting for the stallion for a moment before continuing on. She wondered why this male wanted to see flowers. It was bothering her and she really wanted to know. "Why do you want to see these flowers? You have me curious." She asked in a low growl sniffing the air for any kind of threat that might be in the area. Luckily there wasn't anyone, so they were safe for the moment.

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:15 pm
If it were at all possible, Calla became more at ease when the mare stopped growling. He had become so engulfed with his sudden quest for flowers that he had completely forgotten to pay attention to the situation and the cues he had been given to impose fear and intimidation had gone unnoticed. The stallion perked up and smiled when she asked about the flowers. "You will? Oh, that sounds wonderful!" His smile was genuine and bold, and he followed her diligently. "I do. I guess you can say it was inherited by my mum. See, she actually looks quite a bit like a skunk, and so she loves flowers. She doesn't smell or anything, but she's always afraid that she does, so she lives among flowers to try to cover it up. In fact, she named me after a flower. Guess it's kind of where I got my start..." Upon noticing his own rambling, he blushed and plucked a few berries from a bush as they passed by.

Mouth full, he mumbled over the berries. A muffled, 'Sorry,' might have been made out if the mare were listening well enough. After finishing his mouthful, he shook his head. "Oh, no, not usually. I tend to find them myself, since I don't wander all that much. But you can only take counts on the flowers you see every day before you long for something more. I've seen so many new flowers on my journey, and so many new faces, too!" He didn't quite understand why her appearance would make her more apt to discover a flower patch, and he didn't dare answer in afraid of offending her or getting snapped at for speaking too much. He was nearly cut short by the sudden need to take flight anyway.

Before he could answer the mare, off she went, bounding across the water. His eyes widened a little in surprise, but he followed her in a casual jog. When he reached the edge of the cliff, Calla stopped and took a look down. He didn't fly much, as he lacked the second pair of his given breed's wings, which tended to be a hindrance. After a few moments of staring into the depths, he backed up and took another moment to prepare himself mentally. He then jolted forward and spread his wings, gliding more easily than expected across the ravine. He blushed a little before apologizing. "Sorry... The old wings don't work as well as they should sometimes."

Calla had to think a moment on her question. "I just... Do. Have you ever wanted something, and you're not entirely sure why? I mean, I guess I could just be using the flowers as an excuse to for myself to branch out and travel from home, or I could be realizing that fall is nearly here, and that means another year nearly over, and yet here I am, still having not done anything with my life..." He sighed. "Or, perhaps, I just truly enjoy flowers!" He chuckled a little bit at himself. "I do, honestly, but I think that the journey it's brought be on has been more rewarding than just the flowers themselves."

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 am
Chosovi still found this stallion to be strange. He picked flowers and really liked doing so. She didn't really judge anyone and to her she didn't really care what anyone did as long as they didn't bother her with it. To each their own right? Though she didn't know if there was something she truly wanted. As she walked she thought really hard on what he had said, trying almost in vain to come up with something she wanted so badly with no explanation at all. The only thing that came to her mind was Gareth. He was something she wanted and didn't have any other reasoning behind it. It annoyed her to not understand why she had this urge and couldn't get rid of it. "I know what you mean...I have the same problem right now and I don't know what to really do about it." She said letting out a soft growl feeling irritated at the thought of Gareth. He always seemed to be in her head when she didn't want him there.

"We are almost there." The mare mentioned and without a moments notice, she stepped into the meadow sitting down on the ground. She didn't want to interfere with whatever he had planned and she didn't want to end up having to help him pick flowers. That would irritate her more then anything. "If what you like doing is picking flowers and you find joy from it then who cares if you haven't done anything else with your life. Everyone is always looking for some kind of meaning to their existence or something they must do...but it's just a load of crap. Do what you want. If it makes you happy then who really cares about others." She said to the stallion narrowing her eyes on him for a moment then looking away. If only she could listen to her own words. The thing that made her happy with Gareth and yet she kept running away from him or hiding behind herself. She didn't want to face what she knew was happening.

"I suppose I should follow my own advice." She said softly in a non-threatening way. "I met a stallion that really makes me feel alive, but...I can't..I just can't make that step. He is wonderful, but I just can't do it. I'm not the most stable mare and I don't like getting attached to anything. In a way...He is like my flowers. He is the one thing I want, but can't have." She didn't even know why she was speaking to this random stallion about this issue. It wasn't like he could really help her or know what she was talking about. "You probably have no idea what I'm talking about." She scoffed looking away from him wondering if she should leave or stick around. "So do you need me anymore?" She asked him flicking her tail and getting up ready to leave if he said he was okay now.

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:17 am
A small smile crossed the stallion's face as he listened to his host's dilemma. "Well, fair maiden, to me the answer to your problem is simple." He nodded. "If you want something so badly, you need to go out and get it before the frost and snow steals it all away. Because just like flowers, not everything is going to wait around for you to come and enjoy its beauty." Calla thought for a moment. "But the good thing about them is that they'll always come back next year. Not everything is so reliable." He looked up to the mare and frowned a little bit. "Oh, I do hope that what you're longing for is more like a flower."

As soon as the frown had crossed his face, it was gone. His entire being seemed to light up with pure joy and excitement as he looked down into the meadow, which was filled with beautiful purples and pinks and whites and speckled with the bold yellows and blacks of sunflowers. The mare's words nearly passed his ears, but he caught the gist of what she was saying. "Oh, I couldn't have said it better myself." He grinned. "You don't look nearly old enough to be so wise." He stared into the sea of beauty, unsure of where to start. Oh, how he wish he had somebody to share this with. But he did, of course!

As the mare continued to speak, he looked down at her from her seated position. In an attempt to be polite, Calla flopped his tail up and planted his rump directly beside her, listening intently to her situation. A small look of puzzlement crossed his face before he spoke. "Oh, but my dear stranger, I know exactly what you're talking about. You see, all of these new flowers are so spectacular and exciting, and yet I still feel myself longing for those I've seen every day of my life. When you grow to love something, there's no substitute, it seems." He smiled. "And as much as I hate to break it to you, you seem to already be horribly attached to this stallion. And I'm sure he's tragically attached to you. You've found the flower that's simply perfect for what you were looking for, perhaps it's time you go pick it, hmm?" he stood up with her, his friendly smile never waning. "You've very graciously helped me with what I've requested. If you'd like to stay I'd have no complaints, as the company has been quite pleasant, but if you'd like to go, I understand you may have a little journey of your own that may need fulfilling."

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:05 pm
Oh yeah this stallion was really pushing her patience. Calling her fair maiden was enough to drive her mental. “It’s easier said then done.” It wasn’t that she was afraid of what might happen if she told Gareth how she felt, it was simply she was afraid of herself. The feelings frightened her because she didn’t want to turn into some soft caring mare. She was fine with others being that way, but not she. If she had children she wanted to make sure she raised them to be tough proper adults. She didn’t want them to be weaklings. Only the strongest survived out in the big open world and she didn’t need them dying or failing at their life goals because she decided to be soft on them.

She snorted at his comment. She wasn’t stupid, but she wasn’t the smartest thing out there. She watched him look at the field of flowers with a happiness she couldn’t really place. She never felt that way before. It was something that amazed even her. When he continued talking about her feelings, she felt herself growing a little more uncomfortable then she would have liked. She could feel her heart slowly starting to race and she didn’t want to even think about why it was doing that. Could he really love her? She felt herself want to vomit and didn’t know if she ever could tell him how she felt. Some days she wanted to lay it all out to him, but then other days she wanted to hide her feelings away forever. She hated these mixed feelings. She wanted them to just go away.

“Thank you for listening to me.” She decided to be civil for once especially since she was ranting on him about her issues in life. She watched him wondering how a stallion could love flowers so damn much. “I..I think I will stay.” She didn’t know why she was staying since there wasn’t much left for her to do, but she felt it only right to give him company after being a pain in the a**. “So..you just love flowers and nothing else?” She raised a brow wondering if this stallion had anyone else in his life or if he was some flower loving basket case.

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas