Submit

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:28 pm
It's a badass anime that needs a second season. Like, yesterday. And I know they're already working on a second one and a movie, I just don't wish to wait for it to be done! As it Is I don't care for waiting for episodes of RWBY or Doctor Who on a weekly basis!

Have you guys seen it? If so, what are your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:33 pm
Waiting a long time for new episodes?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:51 pm
I thought it was pretty enjoyable. It wouldn't make my personal favorites list but I can see why it would make others' lists easily.

Although this does more remind me that I really should rewatch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I barely remember any of it...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:43 am
wellwisher
Waiting a long time for new episodes?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yep, it sucks. I mean, o know it probably won't be that long a wait. But it sucks having to find something else to get into when none of my favorite shows are on. And I am still ticked at how long we have to wait for season four of Sherlock!  

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:45 am
Nadian
I thought it was pretty enjoyable. It wouldn't make my personal favorites list but I can see why it would make others' lists easily.

Although this does more remind me that I really should rewatch Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. I barely remember any of it...

What's Ghost in the Shell about? I've heard of it but never anything beyond the mention of the name.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:11 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Nadian

What's Ghost in the Shell about? I've heard of it but never anything beyond the mention of the name.

It of course depends on which you specifically watch but the general concept is highly related to the title: Ghost in the Shell, which is based on the idea of "ghost in the machine", or rather robots with souls in them.

Basically, the main character is almost completely robot (only her brain is biological, I believe). They deal with some incidents involving people whose brains have been reprogrammed and encounter a program that claims it's alive. (As you can see, all concepts having to do with machines with souls, IE whether or not they're actually alive.) (Also might be a bit more informative as to what happens in the movie than I'd prefer to say but I'm not sure how else to describe it.)

The series, Stand Alone Complex, refers to an idea of the same name that, if I'm remembering correctly (why I need to rewatch), is about when an individual feels they need to single-handedly change the world, I think? IE, an individual that has a mental complex that requires them to stand alone against society?

Really, if you liked Psycho-Pass so much you should check out Ghost in the Shell. They're both along the same lines as philosophical technologically advanced cyber-punk grungy futures.  

Nadian
Crew

"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces