{PRP}Can You Keep a Secret?{Caritas x Meshach}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image

Meshach was a boil with emotions. He was grateful that his cubs would be born into a class right away. Confused at how the female Ota had just shown up and known stuff she shouldn't have. Wary that any of the three might betray them. On top of all that, he'd found it was his cousin who had come to witness the birth. He wondered how Ota had convinced her to do this.

The purple lion was on his way to meet his cousin now. He wanted to talk with her before she met up with Runa. Inquire why she was doing this and if she posed any danger to the out group rebels. Meshach slowed and looked around to be sure he wasn't followed. He wasn't going to lead anyone to the cave where the group was hiding. Finally he went inside.

"Caritas?" He spoke softly.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm
User Image

This was, on reflection, not one of her brighter ideas. Caritas was beginning to wonder why on earth she'd agreed to help Ota and Kamia by witnessing a birth the pride did not need to know about...yet.

Could she keep this secret? Would anyone suspect her of it? These were only two of the unanswered questions bouncing around in the black lioness' head. It was with relief that she heard the voice calling her name. To her surprise, she knew exactly whose voice it was too, which made the secrecy of her mission utterly paramount.

"Meshach!" Her voice was scarcely louder than his, but there was no mistaking the excitement in her tone as she came closer to see him.

He looked...older. The wounds he'd taken a year ago had healed, though scars remained to remind a viewer what the former Prince had been through. Caritas wondered idly how she looked to him.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:19 pm
He was glad at the welcome he heard in her tone. Clearly Ota hadn't told her just who she'd be witnessing. It looked as though the other two were out, perhaps hunting, so they had the cave to themselves. That would make things easier. Meshach settled down with a smile. "Hi. You're looking well. How much have you been told?"

He didn't want to confuse her or give her the wrong idea. Before he could reveal anything he had to be sure she was ok knowing, but not telling. Seated, he took a moment to look at her closer. Meshach was relieved that she didn't seem to have suffered by being related to him. Though midwifes were rather important in their roles.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 pm
"Told?" she answered, bitterness in her voice. "The terrible twosome told me as little as they possibly could," Caritas explained. "But they implied that there was need for a Midwife. Who could be trusted to, ah, keep her mouth shut."

Everything else was superfluous at this point. Now that she knew who the father likely was, everything else fell into place.

It was possible that, if Shangyue found out, she, Meshach, the cubs, and their mother would all be killed.

Despite all that, it was still good to see him. She smiled, trying to keep that thought in the forefront of her mind. "How much time do we have?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:34 pm
He had to chuckle a little in sympathy. Those two could be.....daunting. He'd found out first hand. "Before I say anything further, I have to ask. Do you feel comfortable keeping the secret? If not, now's the time to say so." Meshach said seriously as he watched her closely. Obviously meeting him had to give her some ideas. That couldn't be helped. Details though might keep her safe if she decided to back out.

Then she popped the questions. Meshach suddenly burst out laughing and put a paw over his face. Some of the tension eased from his shoulders as he shook with laughter. It took him several long minutes to calm himself down again. Finally gasping for breath he lowered his paw and grinned at her. "You realize you're asking a male who's had no prior cub experience how much time?"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:40 pm
The lioness snorted in response to his question. "Meshach, the moment I recognized you, it was too late to back out. Even if I don't witness their birth, I still know enough at this point to be a danger to you." Caritas spoke softly, but that did not deprive her words of any weight.

"So I have to be able to keep this secret. Not only for you and your family, but for myself and my own." Truth be told, she felt her family was in more danger, as they still lived within the pride. And a Midwife wasn't exactly invisible. She hoped that the cubs were nearly ready to be born, as any lengthly disappearances on her part would be noted and remarked upon. She could keep the secret. She had to.

But the purple male broke the tension by pointing out how he would be the last person to know how long they had until the birth, and Caritas had to laugh, even if it was weaker than it would normally have been. "True enough!" she replied with a shaky smile.

"In that case...shall we go and speak with the mother-to-be?" There'd be time to kick Meshach out later - first time fathers were the worst observers at birthings.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 pm
"I had to offer the chance. You could say you went out for a moonlit stroll, and would probably be safe enough." He gave her a small sad smile. It probably was too late, and that couldn't be helped; though he didn't want to force anyone to hold a secret they didn't want. He nodded, accepting her word that she'd keep their secret. "Thank you Caritas."

Meshach nodded and got to his feet. Considerably more relaxed than when he'd come in. "Sure. My.. uh... mate is Runa." He glanced at her to see if she recognized the name. Some lions and families didn't approve of a high class lion marrying into a lower class. He hoped Caritas didn't feel this way as nothing could change his mind. In a way he was grateful for they could never be asked to take the throne. However, he didn't know how Caritas would feel about this. It was best to let her know before she saw the lioness.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:03 pm
Caritas followed her cousin (with a few removes, but close enough for most purposes) as he led the way to his mate. She hadn't wanted to use the word, since not everyone chose to pursue the course of monogamy (frankly, the black lioness didn't much care as long as the lions in question raised the kids and didn't shirk their responsibilities) but she was glad to hear it.

Runa, hmmm? Not someone she was familiar with. That meant someone who either hadn't been born in the pride (or who'd been born before Caritas became a Midwife) and who hadn't had cubs either. Or at least, not in the pride.

"I don't think we've ever met," the black female said at last with a shrug. She had no idea what rank Runa had held before the two had left, but it didn't matter anyway. After all, her brother, father, and grandfather had all been born in the High class and chosen Slaves for their mates.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:40 am
Meshach moved confidently, yet carefully, along. He didn't follow any particular trail lest it lead someone he didn't want to find them right to them. When Caritas told him they had never met, he had to wonder. Would Runa like this lioness? There wasn't exactly a lot of options for choices out here. He hoped they got along.

"I'm happy to introduce you then." He was relieved that she didn't seem to care what rank Runa had in the pride. One stumbling block down. He wondered how close the birth was. "Should I do extra hunting?" He looked at her plainly asking in his look for any advice she would give.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 am
They moved carefully, but not particularly fearfully, Caritas noted. She supposed that made sense, they were beyond the bounds the Mwezi'Johari claimed, but still, she was nervous. The lioness was grateful when Meshach began talking of less severe topics. Though she had trouble believing his utter ignorance...

"Yes," she answered shortly as he looked back. Then the Midwife relented and elaborated. "I'm sure she's been eating more than usual already - she'll continue to need that much for a bit longer, at least until the cubs are weaned. And once they're eating meat too, well, they're stomachs on four legs," Caritas informed the father-to-be with a wry laugh.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:41 am
He paused a couple times to check the back trail then resumed his travels. Meshach gave her a wryly look then joined in the laugh softly. "I suppose I should have guessed. I might have to travel a bit further so I don't make a noticeable impact on the game here, but it shouldn't cause too much difficulty."

Already he was planning his next hunting trip. He'd have to go further which would take longer. Maybe he could hunt something small to tide her over, or Rona could, then he could go out for some big game. Finally he paused outside a well moss-covered den and gestured Caritas toward the entrance. "We're here."

(Fin?)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:46 pm
Caritas paused on the threshold and looked over at Meshach again, offering a small smile.

"Don't worry. I'm sure you'll all be fine," she reassured the purple male. "And I know you'll be the best parent you can." He'd looked a bit nervous, and she'd had more than enough experience as a Midwife by now. The Priestess offered one last smile before disappearing into the den.

Now, her job could truly begin again.

Fin.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out