Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]
[PRP] Wish I Had Been Sooner (Hoaka x Sabia)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:04 pm
User Image

Hoaka was walking through the pride lands, he had only joined the pride a short time ago. He was still getting use to the lay of the land and he knew that the political situation was tense, but he had come here for a reason. He was looking for a lioness that he had once known in his former pride. He had been a protector to her but when the pride collapsed he had lost her and hadn't been able to find her since.

He had been told that she was in this pride though and a few others seemed to know her name, so now it was just a matter of finding her. He kept is nose to the ground hoping to find her soon, night was falling and the pride was getting busier and busier, the more bodies around the harder it would be for Hoaka to find Sabia.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 pm
User Image

Pain, a shooting pain.

Everything had happened so fast that Sabia`Nafsi could simply not react to that pain. She had to give herself a moment and so she did. Lucky for her, though the pride was always at it's highest peek during the evening, she did find herself some cover with a few closely grown together trees that were a short distance from the pride itself and certainly hidden from Tyfu. "Hopefully she had her fill for the time being." Sabia spoke quickly and with anger, her gentle ways had simply been beaten from her and left a nasty taste in her mouth.

"Water." She sighed softly, the need took over wanting to be hidden and she began her movement again. It was painful, though her legs hadn't been inflicted with any form of attack they were weak beyond belief and she found herself absolutely struggling to retain a regular stride. Once she did find water, again it was not far from the pride, she immediately began to immerse herself.

Sabia`Nafsi did this smoothly and almost whimpered softly. "Shhh." She whispered to herself in an attempt to comfort herself. She did all this while thinking she was alone...

nessiaing

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:41 pm
Hoaka made his way quickly through the pride lands, nodding to those that acknowledged him. Thankfully Hoaka hadn't been put on duty tonight so he had time to find Sabia. He was trying to find her scent so that it could lead him to her otherwise he may have a very long night of searching everywhere.

As the large purple lion made his way through the lands he suddenly caught her scent. He moved quickly towards the spot where it seemed to be coming from. His heart dropped right away when he realized that the spot he had smelled was a puddle of blood. He began moving quicker now trying to find where she had gone. He couldn't imagine what had happened to her, she should have been safe in her own lands he wondered how bad the situation in this pride really was. Hoaka's mind was going wild with the possibilities and worry. He could not find the white lioness fast enough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:00 pm
The movements were agonizing, but necessary as she made her way into the water. It seemed to fill and slowly sooth the wounds created by the black lioness Sabia`Nafsi would simply never forget. "Tyfu." She groaned softly, a small tinge of anger melting through clenched jaws. It was only when the water completely covered the open wounds on her chest that she could almost sigh a relief.

Almost....

"Whose there?" She beckoned in a nasty tone, not facing the other, she felt her heart race with near fear. It had taken a lot to convince herself she could stand up to the black lioness, let alone two fights in one night. Unfortunately due to the amount of blood in the water she could not gain a scent to work with. Deep in her soul the pale lioness hoped for the best, but was simply expecting the worst.

"Don't you know not to sneak up on female?"

This time her words were followed with as vicious a snarl as she could muster.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:35 pm
Hoaka froze, he had followed the scent trail all the way to a body of water but before he could see Sabia, she let out her warning. Hoaka froze and frowned, that did not sound like his Sabia. Hoaka was utterly confused, the Sabia he had known and loved was kind and gentle. Before the lioness could get anymore worked up Hoaka decided he should show himself.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry its me Hoaka. I mean no harm" Hoaka came out of the trees and worried that Sabia wouldn't recognize him or wouldn't want him. He couldn't blame her if that was the case, when the pride had fallen he had failed to protect her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:45 pm
"Hoaka..."

The pale lioness, drenched in water and her own blood tasted the word lightly before making any movements. The last she had heard from the male named Hoaka was a quiet travel to meet his cubs and than darker matters. These darker matters were simply the pride falling apart, but that would forever haunt the young lioness who was incapable of doing anything to save it. At that moment Sabia`Nafsi came to realize that the moisture on her cheeks was not only water, but a combination of that and tears.

"Hoaka, I'm sorry."

She breathed slowly, her broken heart and broken home seemed to catch up with her. She had lost this lion once before and was torn apart by it. This moment would be up there in ones she would never forget. Emotional and physical pain were beginning to get the better of her and this time she whimpered out loud, quietly, but loud enough for the purple male to catch. "I need you."

She said this in a near whisper. All the while her back remained to him, the pale lioness felt incapable of moving and was sure if she did that she'd collapse in a destroyed heap.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 pm
Hoaka moved swiftly and surely into the water. He moved with such purpose. He made it to Sabia's side in record time. He hadn't needed to be told that she needed him however when he heard those words it was as if his heart had shattered. Sabia his dear Sabia how could he have left her to this.

He moved gingerly to her side, putting his body there for her to lean upon him. "Oh my dear what happened to you, who did this." He tried not to let a growl come up in his voice however it was hard to control, he was so angry at who ever had done this. He began to clean her face. He could see the deep scratch down her face and across her nose. Whoever had done this to her was a monster, a monster Hoaka couldn't wait to sink his teeth into. Hoaka wasn't a naturally violent lion but when something happened to those he loved it brought out a whole new side of him.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:01 pm
Immediately Sabia felt his presence, his strength and more importantly his love. Before they had been separated they had been working to grow a relationship, slow and safe. With the safety removed and pace up a few notches the power of love grew stronger. Instinctively as he gave her a place to lean, she leaned. The action was not a choice, but instead a need.

"No one."

The irony in her lack of words hit her slightly and she nearly smirked, but the pain from her throat was nearing an overwhelming point. Fortunately it would heal, her pride however may not. "When I recover she will be a thing of the past." Her words, though came across as harsh, were almost protective. Tyfu was an aggressive opponent, but an opponent nonethless. This created a form of bond in Sabias mind. Strange, but true.

"Where have you been all this time?" Her words were strained, the pain was beginning to turn into a numb feeling that simply was wearing her out. "After the pride disbanded.. I thought you were gone forever." Her words broke slightly and the tears returned in a softer manner. Through her actions she began to notice the blood was dissipating, it had dyed her pelt slightly, but that would fade. However the gashes on her chest and maw were quite visible now and appeared even worse now than before. The trauma would take ages to fade and scarring was unfortunately inevitable.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:12 pm
Hoaka put his ears back when she said that her gashes were caused my no one, clearly they had been and he didn't like her not telling him who. How was he suppose to protect her if she wouldn't tell him who had hurt her. It never occurred to him that perhaps she would want to take care of the matter herself.

He sighed slightly when she asked where he had been, "I was looking for you. I had to make sure my children were fine, but I thought I'd be able to find you afterwards." His children had been adults when the pride disbanded but as there father he thought it was necessary to make sure they were all fine before he worried about his own needs. In truth they all would have been fine on their own and now he was kicking himself for his choice. If he had been with Sabia from the start she never would have gotten injured like this.

"I have found you now, that is all that is important. That and getting you healed." Hoaka tried to help move her out of the water between the two of them they had cleaned the wounds as well as could be. The blood in her coat he could clean out later, there was nothing that could be done for the scars that were sure to come.

"Come you have to rest to heal." he told her. He needed her to lead the way a little because he had no idea where he was going, where in the large pride she called home.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:26 pm
It almost hurt Sabia to hear the reason, she shouldn't have asked, of course the Father would be looking out for his young. Whether they were adults or not they would always be his cubs. Memories kicked in and she happily recalled how joyous and almost sing-song he was about his little youngsters. The tears simply kept flowing. "Time flies." She said sadly, silently wishing she could have been there for them more, though they were not her own she still cherished what little time they had shared together.

"Rest sounds wonderful.." The pale lioness sighed with a single wave of pain, one that seared from her chest wounds as they became more available to the waters treatment. Nothing, but rest, would cure the aches of today. "I will show you home, it isn't much, but it'll be a safe place to lay our heads."

Our heads...

The words echoed in her head a while as they pulled themselves free from the water. She winced briefly from the cool evenings air, but given a moments time she was capable to move without much pain. The pain would come tomorrow once her bodies numbness wore.

In silence, and with Hoakas aid, she brought them home.

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces