Submit

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:20 pm
This rp is between Adalind Sangfroid (Angelique DelaMort) and baby Rio Du Rhinehart (Angelique Delamort)

User ImageUser Image

"No," Adalind Sangfroid said flatly doing her very best to live up to her name and be cold blooded. It was proving difficult, to say the least. But she reminded herself firmly that she was not required to be a hero. Her parents never held such lofty expectations of her. Her mother wanted her to be strong, and she was, her father didn't want her to be afraid of everything, and she wasn't. It was not her job to rescue every fool that found his way to the snake pit.

"Gah! No! No! Bad snakes!" Cried out a tiny voice.

Why did it seem like foolish colts were prone to stumble into the viper pit? Adalind closed her eyes and tried to go back to her calming thoughts, a challenging goal considering all the noise. And honestly, it's not like the vipers were without any type of warning system. Quite the opposite actually. They all made a general hissing noise constantly - a hissing noise that plainly stated, "Stay away, death is here, you will perish, and even danger, danger!" Really, how did so many foals miss it?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:37 am
The usually fearless Rio Du Rhinehart stumbled back quickly, and unsteadily, from the withering mass of what he through to be untended ropes. It took him until he was almost on top of swarm to realize his mistake and by then he had attracted the attention of the...um, not ropes. When initial attempts at reasoning with the hissing, slithering creatures had failed Rio quickly initiated plan B - calling out for his sister and/or anyone else in the immediate vicinity to HELP HIM!!! That worked about as well as plan A so now the little colt was left with trying to talk nicely to the snakes that he had first bothered with his presence and then enraged with his screaming. All in all, this wasn't one of his best days. And he really wasn't sure how he was going to get himself out of this mess. "Come on, little snakes. I'm sorry I thought you were ropes, but you have to admit you have a kind of rope ish look about you....which isn't a bad thing!" Rio was also learning that snakes moved a whole lot faster than he ever thought possible. Things were not looking good for the young colt, or as the snakes were calling him, dinner.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:32 am
Adalind took another deep calming breath but the wailing was getting awfully difficult to ignore. It didn't help that the colt seemed to be completely incompetent, even calling the vipers a Rope at one point...this was just sad. Out of the corner of her eye Adalind caught sight of a dark, nearly pitch black snake that slipped near her and almost seemed to bid her approach with a nod of its head. She'd seen this snake before and flattered herself to have an almost friendly relationship with the reptile. However she couldn't image why the serpent would want her attention now. Unless it wanted her to remove the colt. Maybe he was worried the colt would give his brethren indigestion. She couldn't blame him for his concern.

"Fine!" she hissed at the snake and could have sworn his thin lips curved in a wry smile. But Adalind didn't have time for that. She had to save another boneheaded colt.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:44 am
By this time Rio had reached Plan F which was hold very still, close his eyes, and hope that all the snakes would be gone by the time he opened them. He didn't really have a lot of hope of this plan working, but he was scared and sobbing and he just wished he was somewhere else, anywhere but here!

"Move," Adalind said brashly nudging the colt away from the approaching snakes. "Quickly!" She caught him as the colt nearly fellow over, he truly was a useless little thing! "Move your legs!" She glanced back briefly and noticed that the black snake had lazily stretched himself across the path of the other serpents and seemed quite content to take a nice nap there, effectively halting the progress of the rest of the nest. At least that was one good thing to come out of today. Small favors.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:45 pm
Rio almost stumbled over his long, gangly legs as he attempted to follow the stranger's instructions. All he know was one moment there were a lot of angry ropes coming at him and now he was shakily moving further and further away from the nest, grateful for the times that the stranger caught him when he toppled too far to one side or the other. A few feet from the edge of the grass he was finally allowed to stop and it was then that he finally got a good look at his rescuer. It was her eyes that he first noticed, looking up into luminous orbs that glowed in an almost frightening manner. He then realized she was a bit taller than him, not quite an adult just yet but nearly, much more his mother's size than his own but still on the smallish side for an adult. He also noticed that she had a not very amused look on on her face.

"Um," he started slowly pawing at the dirt gently, a nervous habit. "Thank you, for saving me, Miss..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:01 pm
"Adalind" the mare growled rolling her eyes. "And Stop That!" she snapped accentuated with a flash of her fangs. "It's bad enough you upset the vipers, now you want to continue disturbing the earth? Their entire bodies touch the ground, how do you think they monitor their surroundings? Yet here you are stomping on the ground." She snorted and wondered how honestly this little colt had managed to make it this far without falling off a cliff or into a pit of quicksand. Why was she playing hero again?  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:07 pm
"Sorry!" Rio yelped backing up quickly. "I just wanted to thank you for saving me. I didn't mean to make all of the snakes so angry, I just want to go exploring, scouting out the area..." He trailed off, his tail flicking nervously. "So...thank you..."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:32 pm
Adalind huffed and wrinkled her nose, "Yeah...well...just don't do it again. I might not be there to pull your tail out of the fire next time." She scanned the surrounding area, searching for someone who should have been watching this little colt ignoring the fact that she was really only a few months older than the foal. But at least her mother had taught her how to take care of herself. This kid...this kid needed something. She turned her fiery eyes back on the colt, "What we're you thinking coming out all this way exploring? You're a kid, go explore by the river bank and watch out for crocodiles...what is your name anyway, kid?"  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:39 pm
Not the least bit deterred, the colt threw back his head and stated, "My name is Rio du Rhinehart and I like to explore, scout out new areas! Now I'll know to watch out for snakes and not make them angry." He nodded with confidence, "Now that I know what to look out for I'll be just fine. Even with those crocodiles down by the river....you were serious about that, right?"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:46 pm
Adalind cracked a half smile at the kid's attitude, he was brave, even if he was a bit on the stupid side. "The crocodiles? Eh, depends on the river. Just make sure there aren't too many little bubbles coming up from the bottom and no logs floating over nice and close to you as you bend down to get a drink. That's when they leap out and snatch you," she snapped with her fangs for effect, laughing and the colt flinched.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:54 pm
"That...that's ok," the little colt said shuddering. "I'll just have to avoid logs and bubbles." He nodded slowly, "That shouldn't be too hard. Anything else that I should know about, you know before I go off exploring?" His little tail bobbed back and forth nervously, "I might have to start keeping a list...or something." He was starting to think of his siblings and wondering if they were having the same types of complications in their explorations. For thier sakes he hoped not.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:02 pm
"A list, huh?" Adalind paused and considered the colt's words thoughtfully. "Yes, I suppose a list or something along those lines would be very helpful. Especially if you're going to be traveling a lot on these little explorations of yours. Of course you might want to wait until your legs are a bit longer for that," she eyed his back and tilted her head. "Or wait until your wings are strong enough for that type of journey." She shook her head, "I'm not really too sure why you want to go wondering so far off anyways. Don't you have a family or something that worries about you?" Or should be keeping you out of trouble...like keeping you out of snake pits and the like, wouldn't that be nice?  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:19 pm
"Well, yeah," Rio said kicking at the ground lightly, very very lightly mindful not to bother the snake pit several feet away. "I have a family, good family," he said nodding. "I just want to see a bit more of the world, see what there is to see, don't you feel that way sometimes?" he asked the mare curiously.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:26 pm
"There's dark corners of the world, you know that don't you?" Adalind asked in all seriousness. "And I don't mean the snakes, they're not really bad once you know how they behave. But other things other there..." she trailed off and closed her brilliant eyes. "Well, don't be so quick to get away from your family. Sometimes your family is all you have, they'll protect you when no one else will, and they'll always look out for you, even when things get rough or scary." She thought of her own family and perhaps some members had their short comings, but she knew if she was ever in trouble that her family would protect her. She also knew that she would take an burdens she encountered and keep them for herself before allowing them to harm her family.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:58 pm
Oh no," Rio said shaking his head vigorously. "It's not that I want to leave my family, I love my family. But...I do want to see more of the world. Even if there are darker things our there, I still want to see them, maybe understand them." His eyes lit up and he added, "Maybe I can get rid of the darkness! I can be like a white knight! Then I can defeat the monsters!"  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff