Submit

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

Welcome to the French Sister Family Party!! Scent Puff, Bon Appeitt, and Noel have shared a sisterhood since their creation and haven't been able to spend quality family time together. Sp the lovely sisters are bringing their families together for fun and socializing, and eating!! All relatives and their significant others are welcome to join in! The sisters have set up three different areas for entertaining, conversation, and relaxation for all members to enjoy! Two areas are primarily outdoor areas.

This is the main area where the buffet and cooking area have been set up. Bon Appetit and her son have catered the event but you can always bring an extra dish to add some flavor! Also present is a large grill and firepit where Noel's lovely husband Negative is your resident grill master! There are four different buffets to choose from. One is a light snack spread with nibbles to take the edge off your hunger. Next is a drink bar where delicious sweet fruits are available along with a blender for smoothies as well a juices, sodas, water, and punch. Next is the main course buffet where all kinds of delicious fried foods and savory baked dinners are prepared. Last and not least the sisters' favorite buffet is the dessert buffet!! All manner of sweets and caviety inducing edibles are on this table. Feel free to grab a plate and sit at the tables where Ikebana and Honeysuckle have provided lovely centerpieces. Next to the table area is a large open bit of grass where youngsters can run about as well as a small playground for them to amuse themselves.

Current Food
Fried Chicken - Country Kitchen
Mashed Potatoes - Country Kitchen
Gravy - Country Kitchen
Corn on the Cob - Country Kitchen
Cornbread - Country Kitchen
Soup Bread Bowls - Bon Appetit
Rolls (french and regular) - Bon Appetit
Garlic Bread - Bon Appetit
Meatloaf - Bon Appetit
Cookies - Bon Appetit
Various Grilled Meats - Negative.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This was going to be...trying.

It wasn't that he wasn't friendly (he wasn't), or that he wasn't interested in meeting Scent Puff's family (he was terrified), but he wasn't so good with crowds unless he was on a stage. Plunking him in the middle of chaos generally had him as a stalwart, unmovable force, watching the crazy go by as though if he stood still long enough, it wouldn't take him with it.

His own version of controlled chaos, however, came in the form of one of his two young sons, the black colt all but swarming between Taiko's legs, making the proud stallion's languid steps a touch higher than usual. Usually he wasn't nervous about squashing his son but he usually wasn't in a family situation that wasn't himself, Scent Puff and their children.

"Can I eat all that? Can I really?" the excitable Zen queried his father, ears perked forward, his golden eyes bright at the sight of all that was offered.

"You can eat," the stallion confirmed, his own honey-gold gaze reluctantly following his son's. "But you may not eat all of it, Zen. Remember your manners." Please.

Zen whinnied excitedly and bounced over to the smoothie station, and for a moment, it looked as though he might crash into it; thankfully, he had his father's excellent control and stopped with the most dainty lift of hooves upon the table, extending his neck and just as delicately picking out a piece of watermelon. Pleased with himself, he trotted back to his father, munching on his prize.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:04 pm
User ImageScent was in her element!! A huge social gathering where she could show off her style. It was also so nice to have the majority of her family in one area. It was rare she saw the majority of her children and her siblings with their families. She flitted from table to table, ensuring everyone was enjoying themselves and telling them about the different areas they could visit during the party.

Seeing a flash of red she thought her daughter Jasmine or her nephew Larry were also here but it was her handsome love, Taiko. She smiled softly, glad he was willing to put up with the large gathering with his usual stoic manner, even if his eyes were a bit...panicked. She trotted over, a bit of a swing in her trot like Taiko liked and kissed his cheek, "Bonjour mon amour. Zank you for comeng. Eet meanz a lot to me."

Next was a little black blur as her son Zen zoomed around gathering some tidbits. She kissed his forehead and fixed his mane, like she always did. "I 'ope you be'ave yourzelf Zen mon petit. Zeez phoniez are all your famelee."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:20 pm
If anything, the red stallion looked terribly relieved, if even only in his expression. Taiko bowed his head to receive the affection, rather appreciative of her sway. "Are you having fun, mon coeur? You are absolutely radiant." He shifted on his hooves a bit, flicking his cream tail. "Of course. I am...eager to meet your family." The word 'eager' had a slight inflection that said that it probably wasn't the word he had in mind, but far be it from him to be anything less than polite in public.

Zen, on the other hand, had no such issue. "Maman!" he whined a little around the rind of the watermelon, the swish of his tail betraying his enjoyment of her attention. "I'll be good!" He swallowed down his morsel, beaming up at her. "There's so many of us! We must be half of Phonyland!"

Taiko thought that perhaps his son was right.

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:36 pm

Orchid had been surprised when he had received an invitation to the get together to be a little honest. He wasn't exactly family despite his attraction to Barley so he felt a little nervous as he plucked his way through the crowd. Big gatherings weren't something he wasn't used to, considering how his own family had grown by now, but it was something being surrounded by phonies he hadn't come into any or much contact with at all.

Nudging his way through the crowd, he set down his offering of chocolates on the dessert table. It wasn't much to be honest, just some bonbons he had put together quickly in time for the party today but he hoped they'd be appreciated. He always enjoyed making chocolate for someone, even if it did appear to be, as a nearby colt noted, "half of phonyland". Turning, he looked to see if he could see Barley around, hoping to meet up with her here.

orchid's color code is #D9A3D3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:56 pm
User Image
PeanutButterpies

Kit was putting the last plate of hush puppies on the main table when he saw a very purple stallion appear at the dessert buffet. That was not a common color in his family, blurple being the predominant color. But he looked really familiar. Finally it hit him, this was the stallion Barley had eyes for. A sudden big brother feeling surged through him a the blue maned draft stallion walked over to Orchid. "Well, if it ain't the fancy phony what makes chocolate stuffs," he said with his usual southern drawl. He wasn't rude in his tone, more like surprised. "I take it yer the stallion what's been making eyes at Barley? Well allow me to introduce mahself, I'm Country Kitchen," his stance becoming a bit more....tall.., "Barley is my little sister."

Chrystali

The black mare really was glowing of sorts, she loved social events almost as much as Noel did. Scent couldn't help but giggle a bit at her love's attempt to prove he was enjoying himself. But she did want him to enjoy himself. "Zank you, Taiko. You know, I zink a few of ze famelee are en zee studee. Why don't you go 'elp Jazmene zerve tea and coffee?" she ran a hoof through his long white hair.

She looked down at Zen and patted his head, "Zen my dear why don't you go play wiz your nephew, Blue?" She pointed to her blurple grandson who who was swinging on the swings in the playground.  

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:44 pm

Barley was gently trying to squeeze her way towards the drawing room for a bit of quiet. While she enjoy her family very much, their current large numbers they could be quiet overwhelming to the otherwise introvert brewer. She gave a quick smile or a small greeting as she stepped carefully over foals and around relatives, and just when she was about to be home free and bolt, a certain aroma struck her nose.

Now, if she had had a second to think, she might had thought it was a bit strange she could tell that was not her mother's chocolate she was sniffing out(and later she might tell herself she could tell it was Orchid's chocolate because any brewer wroth their hops had a good enough nose on them). She nearly tripped her way to the food table and stare down at the bonbons before she started to look around for the purple stallion, better spot him before her mama...or Kit!

One of her ears twitched at her brother's voice. Several cuss words went across her mind as she lost all progress to the drawing room by approaching the two stallions. "Ya only bigger cause ya ate everything in sight, Kit."

PeanutButterpies

Byagane319

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Orchid turned at the voice, somewhat surprised to be met by the sight of a stallion that was much, much taller than him. He looked vaguely familiar, but at the moment he was more nervous than anything at the approach. "I guess you could call it making eyes. It's a pleasure to meet you, Country Kitchen. I'm Chocolate Orchid." He laughed out awkwardly, realizing now that the slight familiarity was because of his relation to Barley. This was not how he'd intended to meet her family, although better now than later he supposed, even if it was making him nervous. He was glad to hear Barley's voice come from nearby, turning to her with a bright grin. "Barley! I was looking for you." He said, breathing a small sigh of relief now that she was around.

Tristam Lockhart

Byagane319

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:09 pm
Kit had to smirk a bit as the smaller stallion seemed to grow nervous at his presence. He liked that feeling. Not that Kit was a bully but at least the other stallion would know if he ever messed with his little sister, and survived dealing with her first, he'd have Kit to answer to. Then again the stallion didn't look like someone who would do such a thing. Most bakers were kind and sweet, much like their creations. His name was even fancy one he got the purple phony's name, Kit always felt a bit out of place around fancier phonies. His family was simple folk.

He was about to give the traditional big brother speech when his darling little sister made her presence known in her usual way. He smirked and stuck his tongue out, "Oh like yew didn't eat like a pig as well! I remember that eatin contest with Maw's blackberry pies!" Oh yes that had been a stain to remember for the white colt.

User Image"What ez goeng on ovear 'ere?" a gentle french accneted voice spoke behind the two sibling. Standing there was their beloved mother, Bon Appetit. Barley obviously got her creamy yellow hair and grey eyes from this mare. As usual her spirited children were picking at each other again, now in front of a new phony she had not met yet. She wondered where he fit into the family. "Keet, are you peekeng on your sestear again? And Barlee, are you inzulteng your brozear again?" She looked to the purple stallion, "I apologize. My cheeldren love each ozear but zey always peek at each ozear. I am Bon Appetit, one of ze French Sestears."

Tristam Lockhart

PeanutButterpies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:41 pm
She gave a smirked at her brother, wrinkling her nose. That was a stomachache she wasn't forgetting any time soon, "I jast stole the pies, ya made it into a contest" She stuck her tongue out before remembering Orchid was there and quickly putting her tongue away with a small grin and a blush. "Am glad you came!"

Her eyes widen at her mother's voice and she lifted a hoof to her face. Oh this was not how she wanted her family to meet Orchid. She had hoped ot sneak him to somewhere quiet to explain and point out general idea of who was who before introducing him officially. Kinda like tempering a fish to a new tank, but this was turning into throwing a fish into koi pond and seeing if it survive. Not that Orchid wasn't doing an admiral job, this just hadn't been what Barley had in mind.

"Am not doing anything he ain't askin' for, Mama" She whined a little before straightening herself. "This is uh...Orchid, Mama, I invited him."

PeanutButterpies

Byagane319

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:56 pm

There was a small laugh as he watched the siblings interact, glad to find that Country Kitchen was a lot less intimidating than he seemed. Or at least when he was bickering with his sister, where the situation seemed to be a lot less serious. "Lost you a little in the crowd, there's so many phonies here! Glad to come though." His grin didn't drop, although he did move a little closer to Barley.

He was a little surprised to find another join, although this time he could immediately see the family resemblance to the two siblings and especially Barley. "Oh no, I'm quite used to it as I have siblings myself." He laughed. "It's a pleasure to meet you Miss Bon Appetit. The party is a delight, I'm glad to have come." He added politely, glad Barley had already introduced him to her. Truthfully, he would have come anywhere Barley asked but that was something he would keep to himself.

Tristam Lockhart

Byagane319

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. If one must be late, one must be fashionably late was one of Noel's creeds in life and there are few other phony who could pull off such a thing as Noel. She eyeballed several of the Phony already arrived. Oh, was that the stallion Barely was dating? Good taste there, even if the mare's short mane made Noel's stylist instincts twinge. Oh if it were just a little longer...

Several foals and fillies were running around and truth be told she'd lost track of who was who these days. Oh well, a time to learn no doubt.

"Ah excuzie moi!" Noel called over to Scent, setting down a large basket of Macaroons and eclairs on the buffet. "Desole, moi iz zo bezing late!"

Also in the pool of being late, Aurora stepped in quietly, foals at feet, heart in throat. She'd seen many of these phony in passing at her wedding but didn't know any of them well. She felt as nervous as she was at her first live performance.

"Ok children, you should go.." Aurora blinked. Bell had already vanished and Moon, Drama, and Croon were all already out talking to other foals running around. Well, if the children could do it, so could she. Aurora took a deep breath and started to mingle.  

Astraea Pandora

Crew

Byagane319

11,225 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 am
Scent smiled as she heard her dear sister Noel call to her, leaving Taiko's side and trotting over to give her kisses on the cheek. "Ma chère soeur! I deed non expect anyzing elze from you! Ez ze fazionable type of late!" she giggled a bit before showing how everyone was showing up. She pointed to the spot Neg was preparing lots of delicious meat for whomever might want it. "Your 'uzband ez quite ze cook. I 'ope you weel enjoy yourzelf!"

Bon smiled as the stallion introduced himself and then Barely.....said she invited him. Her eyebrow raised as she glanced between the two for a quiet moment. Then her hooves clasps together as she giggled happily, "Oh ma fille très douce, 'e ez zo 'anzome! An ze colearz are lovely. " She sighed happily, "Ze cheeldren will be zo bonne." Despite her normally quiet and demure demeanor Bon did want grandchildren, or more children. She watched Scent have so many of her own; seven children, ten grandchildren, and five great grandchildren. Even Honey had grandchildren now. She wanted to experience that as well. Breaking out of her little thought she looked up at Kit, "Deed YOU breng anyone Keet?"

Kit was giggling at Barley's discomfort, knowing how his mother would react knowing she had brought someone with her. He had to hold in a gwaf when she mentioned colors of the children. It was all going so well....until she asked him about bringing someone. His white face pinked as a blush spread, "Um...well...I..um...maaaay have....sent someone an invitation."

PeanutButterpies

Tristam Lockhart

Astraea Pandora

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:46 am
The pink spreading across her face nearly matched the shade of pink in Orchid's mane at the mention of children. "Mama!" She rubbed her face and gave a side glare to her brother as her cheeks burned in embarrassment.

Seeing a way out of her mother's sight. "Yah, Kit, where is this somephony you invited? Ya gotta introduce them to mama!" She sneaky tried to pull herself and Orchid away from her closest family
PeanutButterpies

Byagane319

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:10 pm

To say Orchid wasn't blushing himself wasn't a total lie, but there was a faint tint to his cheeks at the talk of children and the fact that he'd been called, well, handsome. He was used to doting comments from his mother but for someone else to say it, it was a little nice despite being a little shocking. "Oh, you invited someone too?" He offered, helping turn the conversation as he edged away from the group with Barley. He was glad he'd found Barley, although now he wanted to get a little farther from her somewhat intimidating brother.

Tristam Lockhart

Byagane319

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas