Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Discharge...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crazy Ironside

Blessed Gawker

5,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:09 pm
So basically I get discharge in my underwear sometimes but today I noticed something off. It was heavy and has an overpowering smell. I had sex last night and I don't know if that played into it, plus I'm on birth control. Is this normal?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:21 am
It's possible that the discharge that you noticed is partially your normal discharge, partially some extra from when you had sex, and/or partially your partner's semen.

Vaginas will usually lubricate themselves when we're aroused. And sometimes those extra fluids will sort of dribble out later, meaning increased discharge in our underwear.

And, if you and your partner don't use a condom, his semen may dribble out later too.

And it's not uncommon for it all to smell a bit stronger than your usual discharge when it does dribble out.

So what you described could be normal.

But it also could be a sign of a vaginal infection.

If you still have heavy discharge with a stronger smell than usual in a couple of days or if you notice that it gets worse or that you develop more symptoms (especially itching or green discharge), then schedule an ob-gyn appointment.

In the meantime, wash, but don't get soap in your v****a. You can wash the outside bits (where your pubic hair grows) with a mild soap if you want, but any inner skin folds should just be rinsed with water. The v****a itself should be left alone to clean itself, just like your eyeballs.

Also, wear cotton underwear. Avoid tight pants. Avoid douche. And avoid scented menstrual products.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

Sex Education Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas