User Image

Hakizimana felt a little nervous with the Wolf clan so close. It wasn't often the clans crossed paths, but when they did it felt like visiting distant relatives. He saw a few familiar faces, mostly males that had married wolf females and thus transferred. They all seemed cheerful, even happy, and egged him on for having chosen a female in his own clan to dote on. It brought a sense of warmth to him that allowed an easy smile to grace his maw. Did it stop him from seeking out trouble? Never. It wasn't in his blood to remain placid. Once his pleasantries had been made Hakizimana ventured down to a little cliff face and looked down. It wasn't far, and there was a river in the bottom. He studied it, his floppy mane falling over his eyes.

User Image

Citlali was young, to say the least. He was born right before the Sky Festival, and he could barely remember it. He's only seen the other clans passing by a few times in his short life, but it was from a lot further than the other clan had been now.

And, if anything, he was curious. He knew some of the others in his own clan were from some of the other clans, but he was far too shy to ask them about it, so he simply passed them by, smiling all the while.

It took him a bit of time to see someone he actually did not recognize - a lion, of course. He was cautious, making his way over. "Hello," he announced his presence, though still a tad uncertain.

Hakizimana looked up with a little 'hmm?' and his seagreen eyes caught sight of a young lion that he didn't quite recognize. The tattoos, though...Oh, a Wolf! He smiled kindly and waved the younger male over. "Look down and tell me what you see." It wasn't so much a command as it was a genuine statement made out of curiosity. It was so rare that he talked to others who didn't know of his oddness that he wanted to mess with the adol a bit.

Citlali gave a pause, but made his way closer to the cliff side. He peered over the edge, and gazed at the water - it was... well, he couldn't really put it any other way.

"It's a river," he noted, aloud for the other. He wasn't sure what he was supposed to be looking at after all.

"It's not just a river, it's a challenge." Hakizimana pointed out as he made his way to the very edge of the cliff face. By this point the wind was strong enough to move his feather about into his mane and show the wild tint in his eyes. "You'll have to gather a lung full before you hit, though, or you'll run out of air before you make it back to the top."

"What?" Citlali's voice took an embarassing squeak near the middle. Jump - jump from a cliff out into the water. "Isn't that dangerous?" he asked, taking a half step back. He wasn't going to jump in! That was crazy, and Citlali couldn't swim that well anyhow!

"I'm not in a.. um, particularly challenging mood?"

"Well...sort of." Hakizimana couldn't like, but the little grin on his face said that he didn't much care. It wasn't like he hadn't taken worse jumps than this, with a much higher chance of something going wrong. "Are you sure you wouldn't want to jump with me? It's not that far...Might help you catch the eye of some pretty little thing." He slowly followed the youngster, his larger size, even by rogue standards, coming to play with his manic look. "Maybe you just need a little...help."

"I don't have anyone to impress!" Citlali really didn't. He hadn't thought about anyone like that, and he mostly kept to himself since cubhood, despite his 6 other siblings. He was close to them, but, well - anyone else...

"What's impressive about that?" He didn't know what 'help' he meant, but he took another step away from him. Perhaps he could make a run for it...?

Hakizimana twisted his face up into a disbelieving frown. What kind of male didn't have anyone to impress...? "No one? Really? Girl, boy, hare, cheetah, God...nothing?" That's pretty sad, in his book.

"Come back over here and I'll show you! It'll be a rush you'll never forget, and it might seem scary at first, but you'll get used to it." He advanced, his paws twisting to the side to corral the younger male back towards the edge using hunting tactics. "You don't have to look like I'm going to slit your throat or anything. Have some faith in me."

"N-no, I didn't say that! But I-" he flinched back. "Um, no, I really don't have anyone to impress - he was digging himself into a hole and it wasn't good at all. If the lion thought he had literally no one, he might still make him jump!

But, of course, his idea didn't work. "Wh-what?" he stuttered again. He felt his foot slide off the edge, a of the cliff a bit as he was herded towards the edge. He probably did look like his throat was going to get torn out. The fear in his belly was deep-seated, and he looked over the edge into the water, panic rising in his chest.

"I don't even know your name! How am I supposed to trust you?"

"My name is Hakizimana," He started, herding the stuttering youth ever close to the cliff side. His tail wrapped around his legs, then swayed with a harsh whiplike motion behind him. "My mother's name is Tikoto, I was raised by my half-brother Abrafo and my half-Sister Xandeleigh with my brother and sister in the rogue lands. I've been a part of the Bird clan for the past two sky festivals, and I've been recently married. Is that enough to gain your trust?"

He tilted his head to the side, and grinned so much like the mother he never knew before busting out laughing. "Jeez, chill'ax. I'm not seriously going to make you jump if you don't want to. You seriously look like you're about to piss yourself."

Citlali gave a small, nervous laugh at the speil on Hakizimana's past and name. He was still uncertain if the other lion's intentions, however. He slid a fut backwords and...

Slipped.

The small lion flailed at he plunged down into the water, struggling to get back to the surface. Once he did, he gasped, adrenaline working rapidly through his system.

He dragged his body out to a small shore within the gap. He was gasping for air and shaking. Tears pooled in the corner of his eyes and he wanted to wail, but all he could do was whimper and shake and look for a way back up.

"Woah!" Hakizimana rushed to the edge of the cliff and looked down, his eyes wide and panicked for a moment. His parents are going to throttle me. He never actually thought the goob would go over! He sighed with relief when he saw that white mane breach the surface.

"Go left!" He called out, voice echoing off the stone. "It starts to slope up from there. You should be up here in no time at all! I'll...I'll go get someone to help you." Since he highly doubted his presence would be wanted after this, Hakizimana went off in search of assistance.

WC: 1255