Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm
Wishing Well of Four Fronds

This RP is open to all shop trolls. Trolls are not required to roll and may post as frequently as desired. Posts containing rolls must have at least two sentences of RP to be counted. If trolls interact with others and reach 500 words doing so, this RP can be counted for 1 RP point. Each roll interacting with the fountain does not need to be a new day in character, and can simply be a new action that the troll takes any time after the previous action.

The old Wishing Well is a well-frequented and mysterious old shrine in the middle of the woods. It gives off a rather creepy air, and the water within the well fluctuates dramatically in terms of color, temperature and height every night. Some say it’s because of all of the dead bioluminescent beetles in the bottom of the well that trolls have thrown in – others say it’s haunted. Will you tempt fate by throwing in a beetle?

Encounter Rate: Trolls can roll to interact with the fountain once per day.
Encounter Pool: Generate a number between 1 and 100 (or roll a 100-sided die).
Pool Results:
If you generate the numbers 2-24, 26-49, 51-74, 76-99:
You toss in your beetle, and a breeze rolls past. It’s as though the well took stock of your wish.

If you generate the numbers 1, 25, 50, 75 or 100:
Quote the mule for your encounter prompt!

Sypon rolled 1 100-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-100)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:46 pm
Aandes took a detour on his bike this fine night. He'd been feeling particularly upstaged, and thought a clearing of his head was in order. Packing a snack and unhooking his ice cream cart, he was off into the night.

And what a night it was. There were no clouds in the sky -- a breeze met the balmy Four Fronds weather with a blissful stroke of meteorological luck. Perfect. He biked, and biked, and biked...

Finding a part of the trail he'd not yet ventured onto, Aandes blinked. Strange. His route went just past this trail, but today it seemed to beckon him into the woods. And into the woods he went.

He cleared away shrubs and bushes in his path until he saw it: the old wishing well. He'd heard that there was one around here, though he didn't quite believe it. It was usually accompanied by some crock ghost story of some kind. He smirked. Only wigglers believed in stuff like that.

Aandes parked his little bike against a tree and peered over the edge of the well. A chill ran up his spine. What was that? Definitely nothing is what... Nothing that a beetle in the well couldn't fix.

Reminding himself that wishing wells were pure superstition, he resisted the urge to toss in a beetle. He simply... Let one slip from his hand into the water.

Wellthatwasoverwithtimetogetoutofherehahaha!  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Sypon rolled 1 100-sided dice: 69 Total: 69 (1-100)

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:41 am
For the second night in a row, Aandes biked past the little trail. He'd stumbled upon it again, as it were. He hesitated at the start of the path. Should he?

He would.

Aandes got off of his bike this time and walked down the path. Thoughts crossed his mind: why was he doing this? It was just a kind-of-stinky old well, after all. He could be home watching his favorite show and eating the newest confection he'd ordered. Aandes sighed. He was at the well. Might as well drop in a beetle. But he STILL wouldn't wish for anything, out of spite.

The greenblood felt a... strange stirring. He flushed mint green and headed back to his hive.  
Sypon rolled 1 100-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:56 am
Aandes took the turn onto the hidden path. It had been a week since he'd last been, and he needed some well support right now. It didn't matter that he'd carted his lusus along, either. He had to talk about issues over a small, contained body of water.

Aandes biked furiously down the path. When he came upon the stone well he swerved to a stop, nearly sending Koalapops in the passenger cart flying. Fortunately, the quasi-bear didn't wake up. Aandes nudged him until he awoke.

"Pops, I gotta have some alone time. I think that tree looks good for sleeping," he mumbled, and though at first his guardian waved him off with a lazy hand, after a few minutes he trundled out of the cart and up a tree.

Aandes cleared his throat.

"Okay, you dumb well. I don't believe in you or anything, but I keep running into this other greenblood and I never have before we first met... I'm not even trying!"

Aandes kicked a rock near the well and stuffed his hands into his hoodie pockets in frustration.

"I mean, if I actually WANTED to see this person then maybe I would notice too, or if I didn't CARE then it wouldn't be a big deal."

GASP. The troll stopped. His eyes grew as big as saucers upon realizing what he'd just said. Hands immediately clasping over his mouth, Aandes spun around to see if he had any company. Just Koalapops, snoozing in the tree.

"I didn't mean that!! I DON'T CARE!!" Aandes yelled directly into the well. Before he left, he dropped a beetle in. Just in case.

"C'mon, Pops, let's go..."

Never again. Talking out loud was too risky.  

Sypon
Vice Captain

Sypon rolled 1 100-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-100)

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 am
Aandes sat on the wall of the well. He'd been here for at least a half an hour already, and had been having a spirited (inner) dialogue. He was in a rather good mood this night! Business was booming in the summer, and he deserved an early morning break before retreating back to his hive for sleep. Twisting his torso, he flipped his legs into the well and looked down. The water was a brilliant aqua. He skimmed the very top of the water level with the bottom of the shoes.

"Hmmm..." He hummed. He dipped the toes of his shoes in and splashed about a bit. He rolled a beetle down his leg and off of his shoe, and it rolled into the water with a 'plink'!

He felt a familiar feeling creep up his spine and pulled his legs out of the well. That was strange!  
purplerosesbeauty generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 96!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:27 am
Eostre had seen the well before on her strolls through Four Fronds, but since she didn't believe in superstition she never really bothered with it. She'd rather toss her beetles into something that actually benefited herself, like bribing friends or gathering sweet treats for her parties. Or just sorta chuck them at the poor lowbloods she saw wandering around the cities, because it was funny to see them scrabble for them.

But come on, its not like a well could actually grant a wish. Sparkling bio-luminescence isn't the same as magic, which as everyone knows, isn't real. Still, she did have some... secret desires. It couldn't hurt to humor an old haunted well with a few beetles.

She pulled a beetle out of her pocket and tossed it in, listening idly to it bounce once off the side of the well and land with a soft "plop" into the water... "Of course, nothing happened."

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Sypon rolled 1 100-sided dice: 26 Total: 26 (1-100)

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:06 am
Aandes yawned sleepily. It had been a while, but he thought he might do some thinking next to the well for a while. He'd not been able to sleep particularly well the past few days, and maybe some alone time would do him good.

He made his way to the path with Pops slung over his back like a backpack. The koala was as tired as he, though for none other than the normal reasons. It looked like it had been... Traveled on. He was too stuck in his ways now to turn back, but he hoped he didn't find a hostile troll in the woods... He roused his lusus with a shake of his shoulder and Koalapops opened his eyes, at the "ready".

Oh my gog. Oh my gog. It was the blueblood. Did she live around here?

He nearly dove into the bushes at the sight of her. Act cool - wait, no, hide! He hoped she didn't have her knuckledusters handy. He saw what she did with those things... Aandes swallowed thickly. He opted to veer off the path.

Koalapops interpreted this as a food break and began to climb up a tree. Aandes just hoped he was lucid enough to protect him if need be... He wasn't spying... He was just... Waiting for her to leave.

purplerosesbeauty
You certainly don't need to respond to this, but I'm just letting you know that Eostre caught Aandes' eye yet again. *w*

purplerosesbeauty generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 25!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:52 am

Eostre was just about to leave when she heard a soft noise. Was someone else here, watching her do something embarrassing like throwing away her beetles into a fake haunted well? Or maybe it was just one of the lowbloods from the forest, wanting to loot the well or something. She took another look down into the well, and slipped a beetle in to actually watch how far it went. It looked a little deep to loot, but maybe if they had a rope or something they could.

"Who's there?" she called quietly. She didn't really want to fight, but she wasn't going to let someone sneak up on her, when she's the sneaky sneak queen! It was probably a lowblood if they were hiding.

"Look, if you wanna use the dumb well I'm not gonna stop you, I was just gonna leave it anyway," she said, stepping away from the well, keeping an eye out for someone stepping out...

Hivestuck
oh neat i got one of the numbers!! uh if it would adversely affect eostre i can change this RP too... like if she falls down the well lmao

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Hivestuck
Captain

Alien Datemate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:18 am
purplerosesbeauty

The bright teal of the well positively shimmered. It was an unnatural color to start with, but suddenly the change in hue seemed extreme - nearly fluorescent. A steam came off of the surface of the water, followed by little bubbles that glubbed gently to the surface. The frequency of the bubbles increased until soon the brightly colored surface of the wellwater was covered in a hazy layer of foam.

Will you investigate this peculiar happenstance, or get the heck out of there?
This will trigger a personal mini-CYOA that will reward EP depending on the results of the event. PM the mule when you’re ready to begin if you choose to investigate the well!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:29 am
purplerosesbeauty

Aandes pulled a twig out of his perfectly coiffed hair and smoothed down his hoodie before sheepishly stepping out of the bushes. Play it cool. It would be best to reveal himself now and act innocent than to try and hide for any longer. Koalapops had his back if something were to happen, anyway, and the weaselly little troll could handle a social situation just fine. He slipped on a pathetic veneer sure to elicit pity and clasped his hands together to illicit a sense of anxiousness.

"I'm sorry, miss! You just spooked me is all. I come here to the well to think and I haven't encountered anyone else until you... Thought you might be one of those convicts from the woods, but you're clearly absolutely not..." He looked up at her hopefully. What did he know about her? She was an excellent eater and she, like him, had scavenged New Hemisect city (both while looking fabulous, he noted). She took charge and when confronted with the nasty idea that she could be a looter in the city, she'd hid her face. He admired her very much.

He'd only caught glances of her from afar in the past, but now standing a few yards in front of her he saw that she was much older and certainly taller than he. If anything, he expected her to brush him off as a troll of lower blood; he decided to save any extra a**-kissing he needed for later.

But, it would have to wait anyway -- behind her, something was occurring in the Wishing Well. "Um, miss!" He squeaked. "Don't be alarmed, but the well is... Well..."  

Sypon
Vice Captain

DraconicFeline rolled 1 100-sided dice: 76 Total: 76 (1-100)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:26 pm
[Keionx throws a beetle in the well]

It was the middle of the Chittentown drought, and Keionx was in Four Fronds arranging things with Alexin to bring water to the desert city, exploring all the while. She had stumbled upon the ancient shrine purely by accident, and was delighted to find such a thing – ancient ruins were a hero's lifeblood, the sort of thing they lived for. For luck, she had thrown in a beetle and made a wish.

But she had quickly lost interest when her wish had not been immediate, returning to her task at hand: setting up the raincatchers and arranging the trip. She had forgotten her beetle. She had forgotten her wish...

Until now.

Keionx, older and wiser, looked at the well, a somber look on her face. It had granted her wish of before – to be a hero - but at what cost? Finally, she threw in a beetle and walked away, her expression pensive.

She wished for wisdom. She knew she would only get regret.

DraconicFeline rolled 1 100-sided dice: 57 Total: 57 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 am
[Keionx Throws a beetle in the well]

Keionx couldn't help but return, leaving an offering at the well shrine. What was a wish if not an invitation to disaster? What was the price of any wish? Was she done paying the price of her wish to 'do the right thing?'

She didn't think she was.

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 pm
Quote:
Only purplerosesbeauty and Sypon are to take part in this CYOA! Other users may continue to RP at the Wishing Well, albeit considering the timeline to be a later date.

purplerosesbeauty

In this mini CYOA, your results and the next path will be posted after you and your party member/s post your choice. If you get 3 strikes, you are out - but some choices will result in an automatic out. This CYOA will not reward EP, but may give other rewards depending on how far you get! Good luck!

The well's froth caps over its brick wall, like some kind of foamy beverage. It's incredibly peculiar, and something is clearly making the water react in this bizarre way. What do you do?

A. Put your hand in to test the waters. It doesn't appear hot or cold, so surely it must be at least somewhat benign.
B. Find a stick to test the waters without touching it. Better safe than sorry.
C. Wait for the bubbling to subside, and then lean over the well to see inside.
D. Take your leave of the Wishing Well and come back later. Your curiosity isn't that strong.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:57 pm
Eostre eyed the newcomer at the well, vaguely feeling a sense of familiarity. Had she seen him before...? She dismissed the thought, deeming it unimportant. She folded her arms, relaxing. It wasn't some criminal that escaped the woods at least, since he was too well-dressed.

"Of course I'm not a convict, I live here," she said, rolling her eyes. Not at the well, but whatever. He'd know what she meant. However, he said something alarming, and the bubbling of the well finally caught her eye. She turned around, and stared as the foam reached the top of the well and poured out, like some sort of drink. But it was nearly glowing bright teal, and disgusting looking to boot.

"What..." she breathed, weirded out by the foaming water approaching. That... definitely wasn't normal.

Her first instinct was to touch the water, but with her gloved hands she wouldn't be able to feel anything. Which is probably for the best, because there's no way that's healthy. She picked up a stick and poked the water, curiosity overwhelming her.

Eostre chooses path B
Sypon

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:59 pm
Aandes gulped and flushed. He'd miscalculated. This troll was a cool customer. Playing the scared lowblood was only going to garner disdain from her, and he quickly readjusted to try and compensate in his mind. Perhaps the well would provide a distraction to wash away his poor first impression.

He wandered closer to the blueblood and peered over the side of the well. "What is that...?" He whispered. The feeling of curiosity was, fortunately, greater than his fears. He wound his fingers together and waited for a reaction. Koalapops was busy clambering down from his tree, and nearly made it to the ground before Eostre poked her stick into the well water.

Quote:

Results:

A. You stick your hand in -- it's mild and surprisingly warm. Tiny bubbles tickle your hand, and as you pull it back out you get a whiff of a sickly sweet aroma. Your fingers are covered in the stuff, which is so cloying that it's nauseating. You feel a bit dizzy, and soon begin to smell the aroma coming from the well in strong waves. Pulling back, a similar smell is wafting through the trees.
B. You put a stick in, and the natural muck on the branch causes the foam to spoil on top of the well. A pungent smell fills the air, and soon you hear shouting from nearby.
C. You wait for the bubbling to subside. It takes a great deal of time, and before long you begin to hear hushed voices coming from afar. You make an effort to see into the well, but end up slipping on the surface and find yourself a sticky mess when you're distracted by the sound. (Strike!)
D. You step away from the Wishing Well, and decide to come back later. When you return, the well is back to normal. There are no signs of tampering, and the night is as plain as ever. (OUT - if you chose this option, the CYOA concludes here.)

Next Prompt:

Now that the well's activity has lessened, a new disturbance has appeared in the distance.

The sounds and smells emanating from nearby are getting closer and closer. You can eventually make out some rather angry whoops and hollers, but no creature or troll is in view yet.

A. Follow the scents and sounds to sneak around the encroaching visitors.
B. Stay put and stand your ground, ready for whoever or whatever comes out of the woods.
C. Hide on higher ground by scaling a nearby tree.
D. Dive into the bushes as a quick and dirty hiding spot.  
Alternia RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff