Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:46 pm
User Image

Did you know.. you can form your own religion in the Tianxia? That is what this is!

Thought to be dead in her home pride, Princess Selene from the Mwezi'Johari has escaped to the Tianxia (Fuu, too!) where she now safely resides as Duchess Zhōng Tiào.

While shaken by the events in the Mwezi'Johari, Zhōng Tiào has come to realize that she remains faithful to the Great Lion she was starting to think had abandoned her. No longer full of doubt, she believes they were never meant to be divided in their faith and has set out to recreate her religion to better match the ideals of the moon god.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 pm
User Image

Yuèguāngshí

Leaders: Zhōng Tiào, Priestess.
Founders: Zhōng Tiào & Zhōng Chao
Restrictions: Lions only, West House (temporarily)
Meetings: Every Full Moon

Every night, from his palace among the stars, the great Tuōtè watches over the lions of Africa. He is known to many simply as the moon, but the Yuèshī know better.

Overview

When darkness falls, the Tianxia is watched over by the gentle, benevolent moon. This compassionate deity rules over the night sky, and often takes a keen interest in the doings of the creatures below. Stories of how his presence became known vary, though many include examples of direct contact and founding priestess Zhōng Tiào claims to be among those who are descended from him. He requires little in the way of repayment for his protection, only insisting on respect- for himself, and for each other.

Beliefs

Equality - All followers of Yuèguāngshí have an equal share in the blessing of Tuōtè, and his spiritual guidance and protection. Though he may favor individuals, such as Zhōng Tiào, it is the duty of these individuals to share that favor with their fellow Yuèshī. Arrogance and selfishness from these favorite members can put them at risk of being abandoned by the benevolent Tuōtè and therefore shunned by the Yuèshī.

Nocturnality - The Yuèshī tend to be more active in the night, when it does not interfere with their duties to their house, as they naturally seek out the moonlight.

Stars - Stars are believed to be the spirits of deceased friends and followers of the moon. All Yuèshī are said to join Tuōtè in the night sky as stars when they pass away.

Other Deities - As the Tianxia recognizes living deities, with several residing within the pride as Guardians, it is impossible for the Yuèshī to ignore them. They are considered blessed friends of the moon and are well respected.

Meetings

The Yuèshī come together at least once a month, on the night of the full moon. Currently, they meet in the forest clearing towards the northeast of the West House, not far from the river. Any followers from other houses are allowed to visit the West House for this special night, though the trip can take 1-2 days each way.

Typical ceremonies are friendly and cheerful celebrations, usually opened and closed with prayer. Regular attendance is not mandatory as one's duty to the Tianxia is also important. Some attendance is preferred, but exceptions may be made where a priest may visit those who regularly cannot make the journey to their meeting places.

Joining

Currently only lions residing in the West House may join.

[Any member of the Tianxia may become a follower of the Yuèguāngshí religion though all gatherings currently take place in the West House, where the lead priestess, Zhōng Tiào, resides. To join, all members must be blessed by the priestess under the light of the full moon.

It is strongly encouraged that Yuèshī parents have their cubs blessed on the first full moon following their birth, though it is not mandatory.]

Followers

Priests
Zhōng Tiào, West House

West House
Fánxīng
Huo-xue
Li Biyu
Nuan Qui
Zhōng Chao
Zhōng Jīliè
Zhōng Wáilái
Zhōng Yong
Zhōng Zhāo

Terminology

Tuōtè ('Thoth') - proper name of the moon and the deity it represents
Yuè ('moon') - abbreviated name of the religion or its followers
Yuèguāngshí ('moonstone') - proper name of the religion
Yuèshī ('moon lion') - proper name of the followers

Connection to the Mwezi'Johari

This religion is an offshoot of the Mwezi`Johari and their religion, founded by the usurped heiress, Selene. While it shares many similarities, it has many distinct qualities- not least of all the spiritual equality of all members. For this reason, the two are not openly associated with each other and neither would encourage its members to consider the other. This sect was founded with the hope that the lions' connection to the Great Lion could be maintained in a more peaceful way.

The Mwezi'Johari is not currently aware of the existence of the Yuèguāngshí, or even the survival of Zhōng Chao & Tiào.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:48 pm
Short Version

I am recruiting for a religion in the Tianxia! They believe that the moon is the primary form of a god named Tuōtè, and he watches over the creatures of Africa during the night. The stars that keep him company in the night sky are his faithful followers and friends.

This is a religion derived from that of the Mwezi`Johari, but rather than putting everybody into groups, they believe that everyone is blessed and the few who have a special connection to Tuōtè are obligated to share it equally with everybody. And, of course, they are contained peacefully within the Tianxia.

ICly, applications will start by being open only to lions residing in the West House. Unfortunately, Tiao is still subject to a bias from her former home-- but never fear, she will come to realize that there is no reason not to include other species soon! They have monthly meetings (during the full moon) but other than that, there's nothing special your SoA would need to do. Just believe in the moon god (who, for reference, is not Afa'kivuli, the SoA God of the Moon xD See 'other deities' in beliefs section in post above! He'd probably be considered the ~most~ blessed friend of Tuote but he is not Tuote himself).

OOCly I am looking for all applicants from within the Tianxia, lion or otherwise! The Yueshi will start in the West House and be focused there for some time (outside house members will have to commute), but if they get enough followers they may be granted permission to meet in the Center. There is little IC and no OOC obligation to designating your Tianxia as members of the Yueguangshi.

To join.. simply post here with your SoA! smile

Have questions? Ask!

Followers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm
User Image

I have a hare who will be interested once this opens to nonlions! =3  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:48 pm
Oooooo this is cooool~ : D

I have a lioness that is currently in the process of joining the West House, and I think this would be amazing for her, since she came from the DW as a Priestess and from the Mtaishi'miele before that.

I'll have to make sure she's accepted, but I think this would be a perfect fit for her! c: She'd also have zero clue as to any Mwezi happenings. But interested!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:16 am
mouselet
I have a hare who will be interested once this opens to nonlions! =3

Yes, I have her on my list.. <_< I'll be adding the rest to the list after work today xD I forgot about the non-West/Lion list I had already started.

What house did she end up in?

Polette
I'll have to make sure she's accepted, but I think this would be a perfect fit for her! c: She'd also have zero clue as to any Mwezi happenings. But interested!

Yay, great! biggrin

It's OK not to know anything about the Mwezi xD The West House is a good starting point because aside from having Selene/Fuu (former heirs in the Mwezi), the Lord is originally from there too so he (and many of his children) are already interested (all those Zhongsss).. but that definitely isn't necessary! x3

I don't think Tiao will keep it a secret that she's from a pride that believed this, after all one of her excuses for taking the role of priest is that she's supposedly descended from the moon god .. and that is only because of where she is from. Buuut she also doesn't want everybody reporting back there that she's alive or thinking that it's better to go there if you're REALLY into the religion. xd So it's all good

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:18 am
Uhhh...Suklaa doesn't actually have a house. o.o; I may have to fix that. >>;  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:52 am
User Image

Huo-xue would like to join biggrin Which is somewhat ironic, given who her father is... Not that she'll ever know ICly xd  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:36 pm
User Image

Guāncè will definitely join when he can~ He's from the South, so he'll have to wait. <3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:21 pm
Andranis
Huo-xue would like to join biggrin Which is somewhat ironic, given who her father is... Not that she'll ever know ICly xd

emotion_kirakira yay!

Quaji
Guāncè will definitely join when he can~ He's from the South, so he'll have to wait. <3

0_____0 he is so starry/pretty.

*adds them to the lists!*  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:16 pm
Bumpin' this up emotion_c8 Going to get moving and just make it official, it'll be just fine starting small.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:15 pm
I have a boyo in the West House that would be intrigued by this! Arjana, aka Duōxīng Tiāntáng.  

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces