Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:22 am
User Image

Life had settled into a pleasant routine. Nagua did his duty as a Scout, spent time with Ebha, and generally lived his life. The Kitwana'antara didn't live on a mountain, and they certainly didn't live in a swamp, but there was the same feel around him as he remembered from his days in the Jini-msemi. Of course, then he'd been a child and now he was an adult, but the similarity was comforting.

Though there was the disease...which, thank the gods, had failed to mark him in any way. It was entirely possible that he was a carrier, not subject to it but able to pass it on, but the thought didn't weigh on him the way it once would have.

Yes, life was good. And even better for the moment, as he was on his way to meet Ebha. What could possibly be better?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:36 am
User Image

Ebha was happily adjusted to her new life in the Kitwana'antara. Much to her surprise, she found that she was actually well suited to life in a pride. It was much easier to be social when you were always around other lions, and it was nice to actually form friendships and such. And actually having a job to do, something she caught onto fairly quickly, was nice, too.

The best part of her new life, though, was Nagua. She was practically skipping on her way to their designated meeting spot, and when she arrived before him she took a seat to wait.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:40 am
A smile lit up Nagua's eyes even as it teased his mouth into a happy curve at the sight of the lioness waiting for him. To this day, he still couldn't put a proper name to the color of her pelt - it was too close to purple to be a red, but it wasn't purple either. Definitely not brown...and that exhausted the teal lion's ability to name colors.

Well, whatever her coloration, Ebha's green eyes looked as happy as his yellow ones were. He didn't bother to call out though, he wasn't hiding and if she hadn't seen him by now, she must be lost in thought.

Nagua came right up and sat down next to the Healer, sighing happily.

"If you had told me a year ago that I'd be happy living in a pride of diseased lions, I'd have said you were mad," he observed aloud.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:02 pm
Nagua was hard to miss, when he came into view she watched him approach with a smile on her face. She didn't move an inch, letting him come up and take a seat at her side. She chuckled at his remark.

"It's hard to imagine, isn't it?" she said, "But I think I might have said the same about any pride, once."

Her family history certainly didn't suggest she would be anything but a rogue- but she wasn't even entirely sure about that. She simply didn't know enough about any of her family, really, since they barely stuck together in the long run. She knew herself, though. She had always just assumed she was meant to be a rogue. She was wrong.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:07 pm
He chuckled in return. He always seemed to forget that Ebha had been born a rogue, a lifestyle that wasn't entirely unimaginable to him, but certainly wasn't one he'd choose to retain for himself.

"I always forget that you weren't born in a pride," he returned easily. "I guess it's so foreign to how I was raised, even if I lived as a rogue while I traveled."

He sighed contentedly, watching the daily life of the pride around them as lions and others moved to and fro about their daily business.

"Do you ever get the urge to go somewhere else?" he asked, an odd note in his voice. It would never happen, of course, only those Guards who were immune or who had a clear errand outside the pride were allowed to leave, and the latter only in the company of the former. Still, Nagua remembered being told that rogues were rogues because they didn't live within a pride and often moved around. Some said that there were rogues, and those Jini-msemi who never returned from their name quests, who had "itchy paws" and were simply unable to settle in any one place.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:18 pm
"Eh, turns out it's pretty boring being a rogue anyway," she said with a shrug, it wasn't really a significant detail anymore. Maybe she was doing it wrong, she knew there were some who loved being rogues.. but nothing had ever been that interesting, it was part of why she had kept moving. Until she got stuck here.

"Nah," she said, "I know I can't anyway, and maybe I'll miss it more much later on, but this place had grown on me. Besides, this is where you are."

She grinned.

"What would you do without me?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:22 pm
Nagua sighed in relief as Ebha signaled that she had no intention of leaving the pride. The sigh turned into a gasp and he choked for a moment on his own breath as the lioness indicated that he was a reason why she stayed.

Once he managed to calm down, he smiled back at her.

"I have no idea what I'd do without you," he admitted. "Certainly not go back to Mom. I guess I'd just...stay here." The thought of life here, without Ebha to brighten his days (in more ways than one, given her coloration), seemed...grey. Desolate. Small.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:42 pm
Ebha smiled despite herself. It was kind of a silly conversation now, they were definitely stuck here as far as they knew and he hardly sounded enthusiastic about his answer. She leaned over and nudged him.

"Sounds dreary," she said with a short laugh, "I'm going to take that as a compliment."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:48 pm
"It is," the teal male replied, nudging the lioness back. "Of course," he continued, a wicked sparkle in his eyes, "sometimes it gets a little too exciting, if you know what I mean. I seem to recall one of those pink and white and black fuzzballs broke a leg and you got to...ah...stand up to our resident Master Warrior."

His tone was teasing as he remembered how flustered Ebha had been after that. She'd probably thought Mittere would rend her limb from limb for "allowing" something to happen to one of her cubs. Not that the magenta lioness had actually had anything to do with the breaking of the leg, at least, not from what he'd been told.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:05 pm
She chuckled at the memory, though it wasn't the first time she'd gone through it today. Mittere was more intimidating the first time she met her, but now Ebha was comfortable with her home, her job and herself and that made it even funnier in retrospect. Not that she would want to get on Mittere's bad side, of course.

"I actually saw Sedare earlier today," she said, "I've been helping keep an eye on that leg, she's much better now. Cubs sure are tough little things, they grow right out of injuries that could incapacitate an older lion."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm
Nagua laughed with her. "I think, from what I've heard, that half of that may be that she's a cub, but certainly the other half has to be that she's one of Mittere's!" He didn't doubt that Ebha had heard the same tales he had, of how the pink lioness had been found nearly dead and brought into the pride to be nursed back to health. He found it hard to believe that the infamous Master Warrior could have been brought so low, but she had the scars to prove it.

The teal lion was no Bard, but he didn't doubt that one day, years from now when they were all dead and gone, the pride would still be telling stories of Mittere. Hells, there were some in the pride that thought she must have been touched by some god in order to survive this long.

He wasn't sure what he believed, but he was certain that Sedare's recovery owed as much to bloodlines as it did youth. Ebha, as a Healer, might know better, but then again, she might not.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:31 pm
She nodded fervently. Nagua was right, there was indeed something about Mittere- and it may very well have passed on to her daughter. Reckless, feisty, and a good healer.

That was the way she saw it.

"You could be right," she said, "It was certainly an interesting case, if only to change things up. Naturally, the majority of our patients are suffering plague symptoms. There are the occasional physical injuries but nothing quite so severe that I've seen. And it was an unusual introduction to an infamous pride member."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:35 pm
He laughed a bit more with how strongly Ebha clearly still felt about it. Not that he blamed her. His own introduction...well...

Mittere always made an impression. One could always say that.

"Enough about her," Nagua declared. "I don't know why anyone should want to think about any lioness when he's got a perfectly lovely one sitting right next to him." That was...right, right? He'd gotten some advice about lionesses here and there, but putting it into action was much more difficult than it had sounded. But someone had said not to talk about other females, to focus on the one you were talking to.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:48 pm
The conversation changed very suddenly, and Ebha smiled deviously. They were hanging out more and more and this was becoming somewhat more common- and why not? Ebha enjoyed it, she knew exactly what she wanted and she was having fun.

But what fun would it be making it easy on him?

"Oh, come now," she said, jumping up and giving him a playful nudge, "You're not going to impress me that easily. Let's go find something really impressive for you to do!"

Without warning, she started off ahead without him.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas