Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Bunnies and Sorcerer-esses [Callista + Davyne]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:12 pm
(( Yes RP title fails XD ))

Callista was under a bush in her rabbit form, hiding from the bustle of school. She knew why she was here, but she couldn't take that extra step to make herself... Sociable. The classes and studying kept her busy -- for the most part. Her parents had done a more-than-decent job of teaching her how to study, so school got boring when she had no studying to do.

What a nerd right? Sadly, even Callista knew that.

She sighed as she closed her eyes. The spot kept her cool on the rather warm day. The slight breeze tickled her nose. For the most part, Callista knew that she was alone. Even when someone passed by, people usually didn't pay attention to the hiding white rabbit.

Well, most people didn't anyways.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:56 pm
Davyne was a firm subscriber to the belief that everyone needed a bit of healthy exercise now and then. Usually, that involved her taking her runic vaisel out for a walk or a swim, but on this very day, it was indeed ungodly hot outside and the Sorceress decided that dragging the poor minipet around in this kind of weather would be simply, well, cruel. Nevertheless, she needed the exercise, and so the ghoul had set out on a brisk walk by herself.

And then realised after about fifteen minutes of walking that perhaps it'd been cruel to herself to force herself out into this accursed heat.

After a moment of deliberation, Davyne had taken a seat under the nearest tree that gave shade, situated near a few bushes, and attempted to cool herself off before she headed back. It was only after a few minutes that she began to notice that she wasn't quite alone - she squinted slightly, trying to make out what that white shape under the nearest bush was without having to move again. Was it...? It kinda looked like a minipet; what was it doing out here in the heat? Surely no responsible owner would leave their pet out in weather like this - had it accidentally escaped someone's dorm, then?

It was quite possible, the Sorceress figured, and despite herself the thought tugged on her heartstrings. She'd have been quite upse-- that is to say, slightly miffed if she'd lost her vaisel and someone had seen it, but not bothered to help return it. Well, then.

Davyne got up, and slowly moved closer to the bush, trying to seem an non-threatening as possible. What did one say to lure out minipets? She honestly had no idea - perhaps simply keeping her voice as low and soothing as possible would do the trick. "Have you gotten lost, little one?"

ATh e a r t
((title is fine, no worries. <3333))

Ephebe

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:31 pm
Callista was ready to doze off into a nap, as comfortable as she was. People were coming and going, but definitely not staying. The coming and going of feet seemed almost rhythmic to her.

That was until someone started to approach her. At first, Callista thought it was just someone taking notice of her. That was normal since she was very much bright white against the darker greens of summer. It seemed to be a staring contest at first, but Callista could feel her heart beginning to race.

"Come on... you have to be brave!" She tried telling herself that, over and over again. The scared rabbit in her just wanted to bolt - she was good at that. But no. It wasn't studying that she came to school for, it was to make friends, to learn from them, not books!

The face kept getting closer and closer and Calli inched slowly out of the bush. She was definitely still scared, but she wanted to try, her large eyes staring at the blue eyes staring at her. She wanted to say something but wasn't even sure if she could.

"One inch at a time..."

Ephebe
((Can they talk? XD I don't know if they can in animal form... orz))

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:16 am
It seemed to be working - the little creature was certainly making its way towards her, if slowly. Was it simply unsure or had the heat gotten to it? She had no cool water on hand to help, but perhaps... it was a simple thing that her mother had taught her, though Davyne had never utilized it before, feeling it a frivolous use of magic. But for the sake of the poor cute creature, perhaps a bit of frivolity was well enough.

That decided, the ghoul reached up and untied the handkerchief she'd used to make a ponytail this morning. The vaisel in her dorm had seen fit to destroy each and every one of her scrunchies and ribbons, and she'd had to ruffle through her drawers for something, anything, that could help keep her hair away from her neck in the striking heat.
The handkerchief was a gift from some well-meaning relative and slightly larger than normal, which made it perfect for this instance - it would certainly be big enough for the minipet to lie on, and with the enfusion of a bit of enchantment, it'd be lovely and cooling for the little creature. A bit of concentration and the handkerchief crackled momentarily with blue energy, before settling down to a slight of cyan with a soothing cool coming from it. "There!" It had taken but a second, and then she was laying it down on the grass in front of the shy little creature, quite proud of her offering.

ATh e a r t
((I'm not sure hmm, I think it's up to you if she can?))

Ephebe

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:15 am
Callista slowly inched her way from under the cool shade to that of the sun. It was a lot easier to stay cool in her small state; the best spots seemed to be easier find when she was that size. The heat, however, go to her quick and she soon forgot about her being afraid and now more about the heat than anything.

It wasn't until Callista saw what the girl in front of her could do that she became more interested. She knew of her one ability to change into a rabbit, but besides that, what were her skills?

"Wait... What is that?" For the most part it looked like an ordinary handkerchief, but now there was this cool feeling... Mmm... She wanted to be near it. With a large hop, Callista was on it, relaxing and enjoying the coldness. "This feels sooooo.... good."

"Thank you," she said with a small voice, not realizing that someone might be startled by a talking rabbit. Then again, there were probably odder things that could happen.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:41 am
Davyne was surprised. This manifested in a slow-motion blink, and not much else. "Ah. You are not a minipet." Which left... a student or, possibly even a teacher. Well, perhaps not a teacher - but then again, one never knew in a school such as this. "Who are you then?"

ATh e a r t

Ephebe

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:30 pm
Callista blinked at her and realized what just happened. "My apologies. I forgot for a second..."

She hopped off the cool handkerchief and into the bush. She pooped back up behind the bush as her normal, rather short, self. Callista smiled shyly and pulled out the umbrella she had hid between the tree and bushes.

"Sorry again for startling you." She bowed and introduced herself. "My name is Callista. It's easier for me to keep cool as well as hide in my rabbit form than in my human form."

It sounded a bit lame, but not like Callista was going to lie to one of the first people she really talked to here. "Thank you for sharing your handkerchief with me. Let me return the favor!"

She held up her bunny umbrella and popped it open, covering a bit of herself but mostly the sorceress that shared a bit of magic with her. "It's probably not as cold as your handkerchief, but at least now I can help keep you cool!"

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:20 pm
Davyne waved the apology away with a sweep of her hand, "it is of no matter; t'was my own shortcoming for not realising that not everything is as it seems in a place like this." She took the opportunity to study the other ghoul as she re-emerged from the bush in a rather more humanoid form, nodding regally as the other introduced herself. "A practical approach to keeping cool, indeed. I am Davyne, a Sorceress."

Remembering to pick up the handkerchief (lest she forget to do so later on and accidentally leave without it), she gave it a good shake to free any lingering strands of grass before dispelling the enchantment and re-tying her ponytail. All while Callista popped open her parasol and covered them in cool shade. "I... thank you," the words were slightly forced, though the sentiment was not, "the heat was becoming rather overbearing and a parasol is rather less taxing than keeping up an enchantment, I must admit. But perhaps we should reconvene under the shade of the tree if this conversation is to last any longer?" A loose gesture was made in the direction of said tree and it's tempting shade.

ATh e a r t

Ephebe

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14 pm
"Haha. Yeah... Still I feel a bit bad." She held her umbrella in one hand as she scratched her head a bit with the other. It's not like she really knew what she was supposed to say to someone that she just met. "Thank you, parents, for not sending me out sooner..."

Callista still tried to give a warm, yet awkward smile. "It's very nice to meet you, Davyne. It's nice to sorta meet someone here even though it was quite by accident..."

"I'd have to agree about the tree," she said with a small laugh. "I was in my rabbit form mostly because it's easier to keep cool and find all those small spots that feel wonderful on a hot day." Callista wondered if she was on the right path of conversation.

"What are you doing out on a day as warm as this?"

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:33 am
The Sorceress pondered her companion for a moment, "I suppose it is quite adequate to have met you as well. At the very least, t'is a momentary distraction from the heat."

She started moving towards said tree as Callista indicated her agreement, listening carefully to the other ghoul's words, "indeed, it is a most practical ability you have. What do they call your kind?" The creeple of Halloween were many and varied, and in no way was she an expert on who could do what - and as she had just learned, it was best not to assume anything.

"Ah." Davyne blinked, re-gathering her thoughts to the topic, "Exercise; it is recommended that every ghoul and boil should get some form of regular exercise." By whom, she didn't elaborate. "But in my foolishness I had underestimated the weather and the result is as you see." Reaching the shade of the tree, she primly took a seat.

ATh e a r t

Ephebe

ATh e a r t

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:40 am
With Davyne's choice of words, Callista was a little confused and hoped that the sorceress was enjoying their time together as much as she was. Callista wondered if it would be weird for her to mention that Davyne was the first person she could really call a friend here.

"I'm a Nagual! It's basically a human that can shape-shift into an animal form." She paused. "Although, I have to admit, it seems like a rabbit isn't very good when it comes to fighting." It would probably be easier to flee than anything, but Callie would try her best when she ran into that situation.

Callie thought back to the handkerchief. "My best bet is that you're a sorcerer? Well, sorceress. That trick you did with the handkerchief was wonderful!" She wished her skills were as useful as Davyne's. Well, she only knew of one ability so far, and hoped for more.

"What else can you do?" She asked as she sat down next to Davyne, closing her parasol and lying it next to her.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 am
"Interesting." She paused, considering Callista's words carefully before responding, "though your expertise may not be fighting, that does not mean that there are not other ways to be useful. I imagine that being able to shift into something small and unassuming would make for an excellent scout, and knowledge is half the battle."

Lips quirking slightly, Davyne nodded again. "Indeed I am, though not a very experienced one. As for other things..." What could she do? Minor things only, at the moment. "My magic is limited - the trick with the handkerchief, for example, while momentarily useful would not have lasted very long. A few minutes at the most. My stamina is lacking, and my skill is quite rudimentary." She shrugged, unconcerned with her lack of skill - as long as she kept practicing, it would surely come with time, "but I suppose that is why we are all here, to improve, yes?"

ATh e a r t

Ephebe

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces