• Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:54 pm

User Image

[color=darkorchid][/color]

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:14 pm
Aurianna was quietly resting on a cliff, enjoying the view across the lands below. She could see, in the distance, the Village, and farther out, the great Salty Water area. It was a wonderful cool evening, just that right mix of warm with a soft breeze. No clouds, so the sunset, which was almost over, was fully visible in front of her as a dark orangey-yellow line with bursts spreading out into the fading blues of the day.

As she lifted her head, admiring the sky, she was able to follow the transition of colors from paler blues to the deep blues, indigos, and almost black/almost purple colors right above her. No stars were visible, yet, but they would be soon, and she looked forwards to that. One of her favorite views was the night sky over the Kawani lands. Sometimes, she truly envied the humans and their hands. If she could paint, she would paint this gorgeous sky.

Cajmera
If you want me to add in his posting color to the first post, I can do, just let me know! I made their images links back to our teepees. 8D

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:59 am
It was true that the sky was a gorgeous panoply of color. However, once again the beauty of nature was lost on Ausdauer. Perhaps later he would regret his preoccupation; however, he'd spent so much time being preoccupied as of late that it was practically his new 'normal.' It had become a vicious cycle, ever since he first became aware of his temper issues. He'd be ambling along, all happy-go-lucky and cheerful, then something would get under his skin and he'd explode like an Angeni volcano. After a time spent growling and fuming, he'd realize he was behaving in a very un-Angeni manner and become contrite, unhappy, and filled with shame and frustration. Eventually, that shame and frustration would wash away, and he would once more be Ausdauer the cheerful.

At the moment, he was ambling past the base of the cliff, firmly in the 'shame and frustration' part of the cycle. While cutting through a grove earlier in the day, he'd snagged one of his headwings on a low hanging branch, practically ripping the wing out of his head. Needless to say, that had been enough to set off a fit of temper, entirely directed at the tree.

It had not gone well for the tree.

Enough time had passed that he realized how silly he'd been; thus the frustration. Letting out a gusty sigh, Ausdauer shook his head in disappointment with himself. He was an Angeni; he was supposed to be beyond all of this!

Lady Aria Starstone
No worries; I usually just use black as an rp color unless I'm using more than one Soquili. Thanks so much for setting it up!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:11 pm
Aurianna had shifted position a bit, with the intent to watch the moon coming over the mountains, when she heard a loud sigh. She blinked a little, and shifted again, so that she could look down over the edge of the cliff. In the twilight, she could just, BARELY, make out the image of another soquili. She could not, from here and in this uncertain light, be sure of the gender, but they had multiple wings, that much she could see in the shadows. Another Angeni, perhaps? She bit her lip a little, trying to decide if she should speak, then nodded sharply. She would, if only because she felt it was her duty to find out of she could help.

"Hello?" She called out to the shape below. "Are you alright down there?" She tilted a little further forward, and, with an EEP! started to fall forwards. Her wings all flared, causing her to be silhouetted against the top edge of the very full moon coming over the mountains. It was one of those immense, gold color moons you only see once or twice a year, and she had no clue, as she was desperately trying to regain her balance. After all, how would it look, an angeni falling off a cliff?

After a moment of flailing, she just made a 'ARGH' sound and pushed off the cliff, so she could, at least, turn the fall into a graceful landing.

Cajmera
All right! Sounds good.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:24 pm
"Hmm?" At the sound of another Soquili's voice, Ausdauer raised his head towards the voice...just in time to see the somewhat awkward display of flailing wings against the yellow of the moon. Awkward, yet oddly beautiful at the same time. Fortunately, Ausdauer didn't need to think any further on the subject, or worry about trying to catch or help the flailer; after a few moments, it became apparent that she'd caught herself.

As the Angeni mare floated down towards him, Ausdauer broke into a chuckle and politely clapped a few of his wings. "I would say you earned a gold star for the visual, though I think a few marks will be taken off for execution. The start was a little weak, if you don't mind me saying so." For the moment, he was willing to let go of his gloomy thoughts; it had been a very long time since he'd seen a mare, never mind an Angeni!

Lady Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:26 pm
She was unable to help it, she blushed some in embarrassment. It'd been a LONG time since she'd done something that uncoordinated, and to do it in front of some one, and a stranger no less! Still, he had been kind about it, and made light humor of it, so her blushes cooled quickly. She took a steadying, deep, breath, and smiled at him. "Well if I have a gold star, it will accent the garnets quite nicely, I think..." She tilted her head, causing the gems on the strands in her hair to gently tinkle against one another. "And indeed, a little more stability would make for a better display next time."

She tilted her head curiously at the stranger. "So... as I was saying before I... decided to descend in such a precipitous manner, are you alright? You sighed most deeply, and I couldn't help but hear." She paused, looked thoughtful, then added "I am Aurianna, by the way." She felt no need, at this time, to identify more. "And, of course, if you would rather not talk about it, or I'm being nosy, please tell me." She looked a little anxious, at that. "I've been told I can be a bit too... personal, at first. I just can't help but want to help..."

Cajmera

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:25 am
"Yes, it would be rather complementary, wouldn't it?" Ausdauer hadn't noticed the garnets at first, having been too distracted by the flailing and the falling. But now that the mare pointed them out, he saw the thing strands of beads the draped over her body, ornamented with numerous small red stones. Oddly enough, it reminded him of his old mentor Regelus, who wore similar ornaments. It had been a long time since he'd seen or thought of Regelus, but the reminder made him wonder. Was this mare from the same Otherness as Regelus? Perhaps there was a predilection to ornamental gems where they were from.

For his own part, Ausdauer had always been one for simplicity; a small gold cuff in his mane was his only ornament. It worked well enough for him.

Though at her question, Aus broke off his fashionable thoughts, her obvious concern doing something to temper the chagrin he felt at having been overheard. "Nice to meet you, Aurianna; I'm Ausdauer, but you can call me Aus if you want. And I'm basically alright, just having another one of those days where my Angeni-ness seems to be in crisis." He spoke baldly, but that had always been his way. Besides, it was nice to talk to someone about it, someone who might actually know what he was going through.

Lady Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 pm
"Indeed, gold goes so very well with red and silver. They're a complimentary set, I do believe." She nodded a little, and noticed he had but the one cuff. Well to each their own, of course! She loved her ornaments, but she knew not everyone would want them. Some might worry about getting entangled, and so on. She happened to like the faint tintinnabulation she always heard when walking, and often when flying on a still day. It felt like she had music with her at all times.

When he responded to her, she frowned in a thoughtful manner, as she pondered his words. Finally, she spoke, slowly, measuring her words with care. "What do you mean, it's in crisis? Are you... concerned that you are doing things that are evil?" She had trouble seeing that any fellow angeni could do such, but perhaps he felt he had, and was burdened with guilt. "Or are you feeling you... can't cope with being one? Please, explain more? Maybe I can help." Her eyes were gentle with concern for her new acquaintance, and her instinct to help was kicking in.

Cajmera

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:23 am
Yes, to each their own indeed. Ausdauer could appreciate the sentiments that lead some Soquili to deck themselves out in festive ornaments, but for his own part he was content with his little cuff. After all, he had enough trouble dealing with his wings half the time; the last thing he needed was to make them even more cumbersome! If he tried to wear the latest Angeni fashion in chains and danglies, he didn't doubt the next day would find him hung up in a shrub somewhere. No, thank you.

But talking fashion was hardly his forte; as awkward and personal as his issues were, he found himself practically pouring his soul to the mare. "I don't feel like I think an Angeni should, you know? I'm not evil, and I don't like hurting people, that kind of thing; still, it's like I can't get control of my temper. Lately it seems let everything is setting me off, and then I'm in a bad mood for hours. Sometimes I've been..." He grimmaced, remembering in particular an episode in the forest; he'd been tangled in a low-hanging branch, and a visually impaired mare had run into him while he was at a standstill. Yes, she had technically caused the accident, but he had been downright sharp in talking to her; he might even go so far as to say mean. "Sometimes, I've been a bit cruel if another Soquili sets me off. It's only been words, but.." He sighed again, breaking off with a shrug.

Lady Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:17 pm
Aurianna listened to his words, thoughtfully, her head tilted. After a long moment of silence, she nodded slowly, a hoof tapping. "Well, I'd say the first step is to... to figure out why you've been so temperamental lately. I mean, you said lately, so I assume that you haven't always been thus. Ergo, I have to think something happened to trigger this, and if you can figure out what, it might help." She paused, for another long moment, then said "If you want, we could go back up there..." She nodded up at her cliff-spot. "There's room for more then one, and we could sit... And it would be less likely for a stranger to come upon us and overhear anything you might want to keep private."

She glanced up at the sky for a moment, looking at the stars, then back at him. "I'd be more then happy, you see, to continue this discussion. Maybe, if we talk together over things, we can find what and why you are so unhappy? Sometimes the ears of a stranger can hear what we can't, and their eyes can see what we have blinded ourselves to." She paused, thought the statement she made over, and decided she was clear enough. "And maybe you've been cruel or unkind, but... You want to fix it, you're aware it's a problem. So I'd say you're not at a point where any can say you're not acting as an Angeni should."

Cajmera
Ahaha I am so fail, sorry I forgot to reply til today. @_@ Got the quote at work and been brain dead when I got home past 2 days.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:04 am
Ausdauer wasn't sure how he'd ended up in Soquili therapy, but he wasn't unhappy with the results. He hadn't realized how desperate he was to talk until prodded; instead of the vitriol that had marred his so many of his recent conversations, his words were introspective, reflective of his own worries. Pride went hand in hand with his problems, he knew; it was hard to admit that he was being an a** when he was in the process of being an a**. What needed to be done was to n** the problem in the bud.

And given this opportunity to do just that, Ausdauer could feel his lengedary determination focusing and steeling up. "I'd appreciate the chance to talk. I haven't seen another Angeni in so long, I felt like I was cracking under the pressure of...everything. I don't want other Soquili who've met me to think I'm an example of the Angeni in general; if so, they'd never be willing to seek any of us out, ever." And wasn't that a grim thought!

Shaking off the negativity, he looked upwards towards the place Aurianna indicated. "That ledge there? Looks good to me; why don't you lead the way, and I'll head up after you?"

Lady Aria Starstone
No worries, life is always a valid reason to have a delay in replies. On that note, sorry this one took so long; I was having a dead muse period there for a few days whee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:47 pm
She gave her new companion a gentle bump on the shoulder with her wing when he commented about the feeling of cracking under pressure, intended as a comforting gesture. "Well let's see if talking, we can't work together to find out the root of it. I'm happy to help." Her smile was kind and gentle, and she felt that urge to be protective come over her, as it often did.

"All right... I can do that." She moved back, away from him, to get room to take off. A gentle wing bump was one thing. Accidentally beating Ausdauer up while she took off was a whole separate kettle of fish. She wouldn't like it, it'd foul up her take off, and she had a strong suspicion he'd like it even less then her. When she was sure she had enough room, she made a leap into the air, wings beating, and when she got enough power in the wing beats, flew up to the ledge. She eyed it, and found a good spot to land, and also leave him room to join her. When situated, she called out "Come on up, the rock's fine!"

No one ever said the angeni of motherhood could crack quality jokes, after all.

Cajmera
Omg I can't believe I forgot to reply to this for SO LONG. @____@ I am sorry, I am so brain dead it's not even funny!

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:01 pm
Honestly, Ausdauer wasn't used to being touched; not touched in a way that was meant to instill comfort. So he was taken aback at first, not sure what the proper response should be. But Aurianna's smile was so...honest that he couldn't help but return it, though his smile had a ways to go before it was nearly as open and true as hers. Spreading his wings, Ausdauer kicked off after her, easily making the short flight up to the ledge. Whatever other races might think of Angeni wings from an aesthetic point, there was no arguing they weren't insanely practical.

With a neat, graceful landing at odds with his bulk, Ausdauer settled in to land on the point Aurianna indicated, furling his wings and leaning casually against a convenient rocky lump. She might have earlier suggested that they sit, but he wasn't really a sitter. No, he was more of a nervous pacer, and thinking about the direction meant for the conversation, he abruptly began pacing. "So...how exactly do I start a grand explanation of troubles? Just jump right in?" While Ausdauer had always had self-confidence in spades, this was something different. This made him nervous, even while he knew it was ultimately for the best. This was baring his soul, after all!

Lady Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:50 pm
She watched him come up, and relaxed as he began to pace. Most people, she'd found, had trouble being still when they were discussing something at the heart of their soul, whether a crush, fears, or some other issue that was preying on their mind. As such, she just gently followed his motions with her eyes, waiting to see how he wanted to handle this.

At his question, she tilted her head, then finally said, in a thoughtful tone, "It all depends on you, really. How do you want to do it? Jumping in wherever you feel is best can work, though sometimes that can lead to things being out of order... However, if that is how you feel would be easiest, then go ahead... Wherever you start, if I get confused, I can always ask questions to clarify what happened. Or you could start with when you noticed this began happening, and try to find a pattern in what has triggered it. Just... find a place that feels right for you, and let the words flow. Pause where you need, but not for too long... Sometimes that leads to blocking off the flow at a critical moment." She smiled sweetly at him, a kind sort of smile. "I'm all ears, strange though the picture that phrase causes is."

Cajmera
WOO I MANAGED LESS THEN A WEEK.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:45 am
"Right. Jump in, focus, go with the flow, listen to questions...right. That makes sense. I mean, how are you supposed to help me if you don't actually understand what it is I need help with? I mean, I want you to understand; I want there to be no confusion, no complication, just straight 'I talk and you listen and you hopefully tell me what I need to do,' with a question and answer time to follow." Ausdauer was rambling. He could tell he was rambling from the first word, and each subsequent word only added to his certainty. Good grief, Aus, the mare was the one who had told him how to talk, he didn't need to paraphrase her words and parrot them back at her!

But it was easier that way, easier and a lot safer. He felt like such a fool; a fool, and a failure as an Angeni. Even with as much as he'd already admitted to the mare, there was still a modicum of dignity left to him with the 'mystery' element intact. Once he started talking, that was gone.

Still, he was the Angeni of Perseverance; he was able to do anything that he set his mind to. So why was it proving so hard to set his mind to this?

It was much easier to just keep pacing and parroting, but that wasn't going to do him or the mare any favors. Especially when she was already doing him a favor by listening to him at all. So, jumping in..."Is it normal for Angenis to have anger issues? Because I think I have anger issues. Big ones."

Lady Aria Starstone
Huzzah!

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas