9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:09 pm
Camwen

Lilygwen

Exxos

I think you guys are totally right...I mean, yeah, there are ways to fight the laws from other countries...but what's the point? I mean, it's not like it's a global disaster issue like slavery, global depletion, or child abuse that we can almost effectively get world courts to fight along side us with. The way I see it is that other countries gov'ts reaction will be "it's a kid's dressup site...it's for fun, it's not a big deal" and wash their hands of it when there are alot bigger global issues to deal with. I just pray that people who continue to be blind and feed this site can deal with the resentment of foolishly investing in a nothing idea.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:19 pm
gaia_nitemareleft

I agree. Gaia has really gone down hill with pushing cash.
I'm sure I'm always missing free stuff in the announcments/ any kind of real announcements because I'm always just ignoring it all now. sweatdrop
I feel your pain. Because of it all, I'm hardly ever on except for changing up my avi. I'm going to try and sign up for that site & hopefully I'll see y'all there. biggrin

gaia_nitemareright

TynaMariee

Shameless Explorer

14,925 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Mark Twain 100

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:55 pm
Okay... So now I am getting pop-unders and redirects. I went from the home to the my gaia page and it was a malibogi or whatever advert with a 20 second timer. When I refreshed to go to my gaia, I got a gaia pop-under for a cash deal for the next five minutes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:45 am
Exxos
Okay... So now I am getting pop-unders and redirects. I went from the home to the my gaia page and it was a malibogi or whatever advert with a 20 second timer. When I refreshed to go to my gaia, I got a gaia pop-under for a cash deal for the next five minutes.

gaia_nitemareleft

I've started to use AdBlock in Gaia ever since they started to do those annoying ads. I used to allow ads in here so that Gaia could get the pennies from it, but now it's not worth the harm they do.

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:07 am
This is a really interesting thread:
http://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/2f5vn9/a_case_of_hyperinflation_in_a_virtual_economy/

This is clipped out of a pocket way down in the thread, I wanted to make sure it was seen:

"Also of note are the following slideshows:

http://www.slideshare.net/vgsummit/gaia-managing-dual-currencies
A slideshow for the 2009 Virtual Goods Summit by David Jesse, former Vice President on Product Management and Business Analytics of Gaia Interactive. Some of the included screenshots show parts of the site as shown from the perspective of Craig Sherman, then the CEO of Gaia. Jesse calls gold as "engagement currency" and cash as "cash currency". At slide 17, he cautions against directly selling gold for cash. At slide 20, he also provided tips on managing inflation. At slide 22, he recognizes the role of engagement currency on keeping users active and warns against aggressive monetization. Years later, his words seem to be mostly forgotten.

http://imgur.com/a/olhlP
A slideshow for the 2014 High-Tech Supply and Demand Summit by Jason Loia, the COO of Gaia Online and the same person responsible for the controversial "Dopamine, baby!" slideshow mentioned earlier. Unlike the earlier slideshow where the presenter appears to have good knowledge of the site's structure, most site snapshots appear to be taken from Google Images. Slide 3 in particular shows an outdated marketplace graph. Although he recognizes monetary supply as a factor in a virtual economy (slide 5) and he mentions community feedback as a trigger for production changes (slides 9 and 10), I doubt he's aware that there's an oversupply of gold and community feedback is consistently against the continued sale of gold generators."  
Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff