Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PVP] Use Your Fist and Not Your Mouth (Evan/Lex) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-16)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:31 pm
<< Hit. Him. >>

Lex's eyes flickered back into life, the cogs in his brain churning once again. He gave Evan a small push, physically telling the man to back off for a second. He needed to process.

He was being monstrous, taking rights that weren't his... but it was for the better? Was it for the better? He thought so. He thought he knew so, but now he only thought it was good. Perhaps letting things happen of their own accord was best, though? Letting destiny or fate or what the ******** ever take the reins?

<< She could have died. >>

< I can't have known that. Her weapon would help. >

<< Not if she jumped off a cliff. >>

< You think a Hunter wouldn't have seen her? Also, wouldn't you keep my organs functioning if I did the same? >

<< If you were lucky. >>

"Don't." Lex halted, straightening his gaze and wiping blood off his lip. "I've got two voices in my head calling me that already. Really don't need a third."

HP: 36/50
DMG: 1

inle-roo

Inle-roo rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:03 pm
"Oh, what a shame for you," Evan replied with mock sympathy, smacking Lex's hand away. "I just call it like I see it. You want people to stop calling you an a*****e? Here's a tip: stop being an a*****e."

HP: 45
Damage: 1

Carhop Cavalier
says the pot to the kettle

Inle-roo

Carhop Cavalier rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 8 Total: 10 (2-16)

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:58 pm
Lex once again shoved Evan away from him, backing away afterward and brushing his coat off and clearing his throat into a closed fist, shaking his head. He needed to quit this fighting, and quickly. Rise above the situation, take control once more. Evan was his case study, his patient that he wanted to really take care of. Retaliation of his attack was not the right way to go about this.

"Does it make you feel better?" He asked, regaining his composure after his little mental lecture. "Do you feel satisfaction from continually insulting others?"

HP: 35/50
DMG: 4

inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:56 pm
"Are you seriously trying to pick my brain right now?" Evan asked, incredulous to the point that he let Lex push him back without retaliating; Lex wasn't fighting back, anyway. "Punching you in the face for drugging Stormy--that made me feel a little satisfied," he admitted. Gir whined and paced and growled, frustrated, promising that Evan would feel a lot satisfied if they reduced Lex to a bloody smear on the ground together. Maybe later, Evan soothed. "How about you? Do you feel satisfaction from trying to control everyone you come into contact with? Like you know what's best for them? Like you have any ******** right to justify it as in their best interests?"

HP: 41/50
Damage: words take that

Carhop Cavalier

Inle-roo

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:22 pm
No, that didn't make him feel satisfied. Controlling people and doing things to them that were against their will did not bring him pleasure. He hated the way he felt when he thought of Stormy's face of betrayal before falling into her drugged slumber. Instead, he smiled lightly at Evan. "Everyone? Evan, I don't try to control anyone." He coughed, shrugging. "But you can think that if you'd like."

A brief pause, a few breathes as he settled his heart rate. "So, violence satisfies you?"

inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:46 pm
"Spare me your bullshit," Evan growled. "You're doing it right now! We're not out here because of my issues," he reminded Lex, "so don't try to turn this around on me. If you can't admit to your own ********, how can you help anyone else with theirs? How did you even get this job? Did they pick your name out of a hat, or something? Because you sure as hell don't seem at all qualified for it."

Carhop Cavalier

Inle-roo

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:18 pm
"We all make mistakes, Evan." Lex stated clearly, bemused smile spreading across his face. This would diffuse the whole situation, he hoped. Yes, he'd ******** up. He'd ******** up bad. Drugging someone against their will was a terrible thing to do. "I made a large one, and I know this. There is no justification." He nodded, genuine regret painting his features at once sad and lonely.

"However, Mr. Roberts, if you continue acting out - we will be here because of your issues. I suggest standing down."

inle-roo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:50 pm
Evan's eyes narrowed in suspicion at Lex's sudden contriteness. His fists balled up at his sides, regretting the fact that he hadn't broken the other man's jaw first and considering whether or not it was too late to do it. Lex may have looked remorseful, but Evan still didn't trust him as far as he could throw him.

He could probably throw Lex pretty far, though; maybe as far as Lex could throw him. Regardless, he wasn't convinced that Lex was really sorry, but he couldn't prove otherwise. Lex had just tried to justify his actions a few minutes ago, after all. Evan wouldn't have put it past Lex to tell him what he thought he wanted to hear just so Evan would stop punching him. The lack of transparency was frustrating. "I'm only out here in the first place so I can kick your a**," Evan reminded him. "Maybe you should save your bullshit non-apology for someone who needs to hear it."

Carhop Cavalier

Inle-roo

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:26 pm
Lex was a little offended by Evan calling his apology bullshit, but didn't let it show on his face too much. A little flare of the nostrils, a cocky smirk. Evan wasn't going to trust him for a long while, if ever. Somehow, Lex was okay with that. A healthy distrust was good among the Hunters. You never knew who could ******** you over.

"Evan," Lex started, breaking formalities for emphasis' sake, "Sincerely, I am sorry. You are correct, however, that my apologies should be directed elsewhere." He pulled out his phone, sending a message to Stormy. "I'll meet with Ms. Ortega tonight - away from the infirmary or any medical equipment, I assure you."

He sighed, putting the phone away with pursed lips. Maybe it would have been better to have just let Stormy's self-destructive course run. Perhaps then he wouldn't have to bare some of his soul to both Evan and Stormy. "Thank you for knocking some sense in to me."

inle-roo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:22 pm
Evan wasn't at all phased by Lex's insistence that he was sorry. Stormy had set the tone for this, and he would always, always take her side over anyone else's; whether or not Evan forgave Lex would depend entirely on her. Regardless, if he hadn't eaten Lex's scones before, he'd definitely be avoiding them like the plague in the future. Just in case.

He bared his teeth in an unfriendly grin as Lex thanked him. "Believe me when I say it was my pleasure," he replied. "I would be all too happy to do it again--and you'd better hope I don't have to." His thinly-veiled threat delivered, he dropped the pretense of friendliness. His smile devolved into a sneer as he stalked off the training fields, shoulder-checking Lex on his way out.

Carhop Cavalier

Inle-roo

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:14 pm
Mental note: Evan was extremely prone to violence. Good, for a Sun, but not so great in situations between Hunters. They'd need to focus that anger onto the battle field, not the sparring grounds.

He took out a notebook and wrote a few things out, humming along as he walked off the grounds in near waltz like movements. Progress was had, and was still to be had. The day was young, after all.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff