Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Free Bird 2014 (Hel and Michael) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:50 pm
Now, Michael was all about being free to follow your heart and dreams and all that sort of romantic stuff that made up her collection of bad trashy novels. But hers were more siren like- with maidens being captured by evil human sailors only to fall in love with the kind cabin boy- or the salty sea pirate. They were her basis for freedom, that no wings should be clipped, no bird bound or chained.

So when she saw a large avian, harnessed like it was some common mount? Michael could not stand idle while someone subjugated her fellow avian ally. Reaching to the harness to remove it she whispered- “Do not worry my friend, soon you will be free to fly once more. To let the wind guide your wings- I will not see you abused, not anymore.”

lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:04 pm
Hel's familiar, Famine, was just minding its own business and pecking around the dead grass in front of the reaper dorm's for some seed. Hel was inside the reaper dorms hassling her boilfriend for something briefly before they set about their day. It was thinking it was going to be the usual...but then something very unexpected happened. The familiar's head shot up, letting out a surprised 'wark' sound and it cocked its head to the side to get a good look at the student who was getting up close and personal. It's dark red eyes were a bit wide, and it just stared.

Oookay then...

It let out another sound, this time a 'kweh' and rustled its body, trying to shake off the ghoul who was messing with its harness.

That's when Hel appeared, and since it looked very incriminating, like this ghoul was trying to steal the harness or something, she was ready to bite her head off.

"What in Jack's name do you think you are doing!? Unhand my familiar right now!"

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:09 pm
"No shh- I ma here to to help you my friend. I promise, you will fly freely soon enough!" The siren kept trying but the bird was moving and all in all this wasn't going like she hoped. Of course, it would be then that someone one would show up.

Michael had anticipated this- the captor would come to keep their prisoner contained. She would not stand to see this injustice pan out. "I am freeing this poor bird from it's shackles! You will not ride them like a common beast anymore!" She went back to attempting to remove the harness. "Stop- wiggling. I am trying to help you my friend!"

lucyal

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:16 pm
Wait...what?

Hel blinked, and then stared.

Famine was still rustling its body, but now it was giving Hel a whut look too. This was kind of...funny. Actually, the response had disarmed Hel's anger pretty well. She thought this bird was a...captive? So that's why she was trying to unsaddle it? That was kind of funny.

Hel snorted, loudly. At this point, the most annoying thing was going to be picking the saddle up off the ground if she managed to undo it. Hel could deal with that. "Uh..." She snickered, and then let out a laugh. "It is not a common beast...it is my familiar...yanno...spawned from my FEAR? It means I can do whatever the ******** I want with it."

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:55 pm
Michael was determined to free this bird. It would suffer being ground bound no more! Looking back at the reaper who was laughing, Michael scowled. Did she think this was a joke? That imprisoning this poor innocent avian was some kind of game?

Familiar or not- "No." She whispered, managing to get one belt off. "Even if it is born from you- to lock it's wings and chain it to leather harness and bonds- You should be ashamed." She said with utter seriousness. "You cannot just do 'whatever the ******** you want' with this beautiful creature. It is a proud one, and I will not let you subjugate it it any longer! We of the wings must be free to fly untethered!"

She went back to trying to undo the saddle.

Lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:57 pm
Hel snorted more, one hand going over her stomach as Michael continued to 'save this poor innocent avian'. Sadly, she did think it was a joke. A really big and hilarious one. "Yanno..." She snickered. "It can fly more than fine with that harness on...that is so I can fly with it..." Hel snorted.

Meanwhile, Famine was giving Hel a really look. A really look that Hel was going to let this ghoul take off its harness. She was going to have to put it back on again! That being said, the familiar started rustling its body more, and then back stepped away from the overzealous ghoul. If Hel wasn't going to be helpful, like usual, it was going to take matters into its own han---wings.

"Yanno...I had wings once and then they were torn off...where are my rights?" Hel asked with the biggest grin on her face, just to further tease the ghoul.

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:22 pm
Utterly serious. As the bird kept avoiding her efforts, Michael was still trying. She would free this one or would die trying, (on the inside). Red eyes wide as the bird kept pulling away, the siren gave chase. It didn’t work that well really. “It doesn’t matter if it can fly with it!” She scoffed. “It’s the principle of the matter. The meaning, the symbolism.” She said, chasing after the familiar once more.

Then she froze.
What had the ghoul just said? That she had once-
“Oh.” Staring at her, Michael fluttered over concern on her face before circling. “No- no oh my gosh no!” A face of pure horror washed over the monster as she tried to compriehend what she had just heard. “How- What kind of monster would remove your wings? OH my goodness I- I am so sorry just tell me who did it and I will hunt them down. I just- that..It’s criminal is what it is!”

lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:22 pm
Oh sweet Sally, she was chasing it! The familiar let out a dismayed 'wark' sound and was now moving in a circle around Hel. Occasionally it would pick up a large talon to try and make 'shooing' motions at Michael.

"Symbolism, eh?" Hel had a bit of a grasp on good symbolism from all the essays Mac helped her bullshit! "It is simply a matter of perspective, friend! You see my familiar wearing a harness and you think oppressed! I see my familiar wearing a harness and I see a partnership and harmony." Hel grinned, and then let out a loud laugh as Michael changed tunes upon hearing her story. The reaper waved her hands a bit, urging the ghoul that it was okay.

"Long before your time here, and the monster was already dealt with! No worries!" The reaper didn't care to delve into it anymore, and instead offered a dark hand to shake.

"So, bird frisker, what else may I call you? I am Hel!"

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:48 pm
Michael only meant well in the end, she just wanted to help. Earwings falling flat to the side of her head, the siren felt like she’d done wrong. Yes, it was noble to try and free the familiar from it’s bonds, but at the same time… this ghoul had lost her wings. And that was even worse, a more devastating thing to have to suffer. Biting back her tears, Michael slowly shook Hel’s outstretched hand gently, nodding. “Still- it must be awful- I would kill myself if I lost my wings.” She reached back, running a hand along the feathers gently, shuddering at the idea of being without.

“What monster could do such a thing? Tell me, I will always keep my eyes open should it ever return-“ Feathers puffed up. “Oh- and I am Michael! But it is nice to meet you. I am just… Oh my I just can’t get over your missing wings! That.. augh was there no way to heal them?”
lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 pm
Hel may have been ready to jump down her throat earlier, but the ghoul was turning out to be pretty a-okay now. New student, maybe? She had the feel. New and floundering around Amityville for the first time. Hel gave Michael's hand a firm shake before releasing it, and then placed her hands on her hips.

"Jack, I would hope you would not!" Hel replied. "You can still go on without them yanno? You would probably surprise yourself." Hel surprised herself. She then shook her head. "Ah, if you are fortunate--" Which she highly doubted. "--You will not run into this monster..." It also wasn't something Hel felt like diving into with a new student stranger...but she did deserve some kind of warning, didn't she? "Just...be aware of your surroundings and those you are dealing with, ya? You are in for a lot of surprises at this school...and not always the best kinds." Hel shook her head. "No, there was not. They were messy stumps and--" Oops. She probably shouldn't be freaking her out, huh? "Too far damaged to be proper repaired." Hel nodded her head, and then grinned.

"I am a better reaper without them!"

She then laced her hands behind her neck.

"So what brings you to Amityville, Michael? Aside from freeing reaper familiars from their harnesses."

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 pm
Michael didn’t believe her. Wing were life- they were what made her and what kind of siren didn’t have wings? She shuddered, thinking of the culling process. “Sirens cannot survive without their wings- you are very lucky Hel. I.. I think I would just fade into nothing if someone were to take my feathers from me. To never fly again- A life ground bound is not one for me. No, not at all.”

Hel’s description prompted another shudder. “I will take your advice.” Wings curled around her, as if wanting to assure herself they were safe and fine.

“I am here to find my sister- Israfel. She was supposed to return by now but we think she either fled or died. Until I can comfirm she’s gone? I can’t become the next queen. Siren politics.” She shrugged.
“So far it’s been a pointless hunt, so I’ve figured to better use my energy on becoming stronger to beat my grandmother and taking over the flock. Why did you come here though?”

lucyal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:03 pm
With a few words, that cheerful atmosphere Hel had been feeling faded. The grin fell from the reaper's face and she even managed to pale lightly. A cold, hard weight settled in her chest.

Israfel...

Hel didn't even let the thought that there was some other Israfel cloud her mind. How could there be? Plus, now that it was brought up, she could see the resemblance between that siren and this ********>. Was she going to have to tell her? She was, wasn't she? Hel knew she wouldn't be able to have a clear conscience if she didn't tell the ghoul...but damn it. Damn that she had to tell her this. Hel's hands fell from her neck, and formed fists at her sides, and her expression turned stern.

"I regret having to tell you, but you have the right to know, and I could not let you go knowing this now...but...Israfel is no longer with us. Israfel chose to become a tool for the humans who hunt down Horseman and Students. Hunters." This was uttered with an edge of disdain, for Hel, to turn against ones own kind was one of the utmost forms of betrayal to which she did not take to kindly.

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:22 am
Whatever reaction Hel had been expecting it probably wasn’t a genuinely happy smile to the news that Michael’s sister was dead. “Oh thank goodness.” She sighed in relief. “Well, that..certain answers a question I had. All that is left is to find proof now I suppose.” She wasn’t the least bit upset or disturbed.

“I do not know what you mean by tool for hunters though. They are humans who come to Halloween? Israfel mentioned them in one of her letters-“ She paused. “Would they have proof of my sister’s death then?” She was genuinely curious.

luycal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:51 pm
It was very rare to floor Hel.

Michael managed it.

The reaper just stared at the siren like whut. Hel had been, unfortunately, bracing herself for hysterics and tears and upset-ness and all that other stuff that came with a tragic loss...but...the damn ghoul was smiling and relieved.

Hel was just further baffled as she went on to comfortably talk about Hunters...oh...so Israfel had told her a bit about them...? Hel just continued to stare, and at one point she was leo-squinting at the ghoul until the reaper managed to snap out of it.

"A weapon." Hel finally managed, reaching up to rub her face briefly before her hands fell back to her hips. "Israfel chose to become a Hunter's weapon. A tool. To strike down his...her?...Own kind and others...eh?" Hel frowned briefly. "Proof...I suppose?" She shrugged. "I do not know for certain."

iStoleYurVamps

Lucyal
Crew

iStoleYurVamps
Crew

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 pm
Micheal wasn’t sure what Hel meant. A weapon? How was Israfel a weapon of all things? “I.. I must be mistaken. Did you say a weapon?” She started to laugh, the siren’s voice mixing and bleeding into a bird’s crow.

“I am sorry a tool she was in many aspects but.. a weapon? The poor ghoul could hardly lift a wing to defend herself, let along fight. She never even fought back when we’d take her to the cliffs to throw her down.” Michael had to wipe a tear from her eye. “I am sorry but- Humans perhaps I can understand, she was delusional and easily used if not outright stupid, but a weapon? That is what I would call outlandish.”

Lucyal

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces