Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[PRP] Old Age is Just a Phase (Simi x Maawio)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Simi's bones creaked as he made his way down Pride Rock. Age wasn't kind to him, and though he knew he had plenty of years left in him, his crippled hind right leg didn't help him one bit. It was hard to move around, and so he had to keep himself close to Pride Rock. Still, at times he liked to go down and mingle with those who lingered in the great rock's cool shade, the trees playing with the breezes that teased his mane.

His heir, Tau, was off somewhere, hopefully making friends. Simi was worried on Tau's development, but he could only continue to keep faith in the adolescent. It was important that he learn how to handle himself with those he would eventually lead. The best way to earn respect was to do it one by one. Well, maybe not completely, but he had to start somewhere.

"What a beautiful day," he said aloud, nodding to some of the relaxing lions around him. He didn't have any direct plans at the moment, but his eyes caught sight of a lioness that he had seen all his life, and hadn't really tried to talk to. Why was that?

"Maawio," he said softly, offering respect to his elder, regardless of his status. He bowed to her gently as he approached her, a lioness he had only ever heard amazing things about.

Zohwhee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:23 am
Maawio was enjoying old age, in truth, even if her body was starting to give up slowly. Her life had been filled with so much, and now she was content. She had had time to get over Amari's death, and was happy that her old sweetheart was waiting for her in heaven. All her children had found new lives and had children, and their family had stretched far across the land. It was only Mbari that she still worried about. She had always worried about him and he made her anxiety terrible. It wasn't the poor guys fault, though. Sometimes she felt like she'd live until he was settled. He was getting so much better. He even had a mate for a brief while, but was knocked back. It took him awhile to recover, but she hadn't seen him down for a while, and that was a good thing.

So she sat, relatively near her den in the sunshine. There were a few others around but one voice called her name and caught her attention. It was Simi, and it was a surprise indeed. She had spent quite a bit of time with Mufasa as a cub, when the pride was so so small.

Maawio made to get up with very creaky limbs and smiled. "My king." She said politely.

Safaia

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:57 pm
Simi shook his head. "You don't need to get up for me," he said with a laugh. He was older now than he used to be, but still not old. Sometimes he felt like that, with his right leg never healing right after an injury, but he was still strong enough to lead. One day soon that would change.

"Its good to see you," he said proudly. She had such a legacy within the Pridelands, and it was a pleasure to talk to her.

"I can safely assume you're doing well? I see you've got quite the family, probably always checking in on your."

Zosie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:08 pm
She'd always liked Simi. He was good natured, and a wonderful king. He wouldn't always be king, as she knew, but he had seen the Pridelands through some tough times and still managed to come out smiling. Maawio bowed her head gently and remained close to the hot earth.

"Oh, they are far and wide now, here there and everywhere." She said, her sapphire eyes growing bigger to look at the horizon. "Some have been much later with their families than others. I have new grandchildren!" Maawio chuckled and thought of Mbari fondly. "Though I probably have great great grandchildren by this point! It is nice that some stay, and I won't deny I need a little bit more comfort in my older age." Her voice was still as gentle as her disposition as she spoke.

Her ability to hunt was waning, which for Maawio was something she had always loved to do, and it really saddened her as it worsened.

"And how are you this fine day?" The golden lioness gave him a wide smile.

Safaia

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas