View Results

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:08 pm
That I don't watch anime. It's just a general rule a friend and I made about a year or two ago. Before I didn't have the rule because I didn't really have access to anime. But then I got to where I could access it, but made it a rule that I wouldn't. A big part of the reason is because I didn't want to become an Otaku. It has a big of a negative connotation for me, partly because I know a self-proclaimed Otaku. He's a guy that has no job or much of a life and he's all into anime, and watches shows for no other reason than because they're anime. So, even though I'm sure not all otaku's are like that, whenever I think of otaku I think of him, and i'd rather not become like him.

Now, my friend got me into a show called Last Exile:Fam the Silver Wing(which happens to be an anime). I really liked it. Then I got all into Fullmetal Alchemist. Then I got into Attack on Titan. Now, I didn't mind that I got into those shows because I still wasn't that into anime. However! Yesterday me and my friend were hanging out, and for some stupid reason we decided to check out a couple of different animes...we liked them. Now I'm into like four different animes, and I can feel myself starting to want to watch more. This sucks because i'd really rather not get into anime for the reason listed in the previous paragraph. Well, that's all I have to say on the topic. Sorry for bugging y'all about my stupid a** problem. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:59 pm
It seems a shame that one particular overly-obsessed Otaku would ruin your ability to experience anime. In all honesty, just because you watch a bunch of anime doesn't always mean you're an "Otaku". I've seen some anime shows myself and have a select few animes that I'm really into, but I don't call myself an "Otaku".

When it really comes right down to it, if you don't want to become like this Otaku guy you know, then don't. You don't have to completely cut anime out of your life. Just know how to balance both your love for anime (or any other interests) and your real life responsibilities. Really not that complicated to figure out. neutral  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Catkid_neo

Magical Cat

10,750 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:31 am
I love reading manga, playing JRPGs, and watching anime. However, I'm not completely obsessed with them, so I'm not completely otaku.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:07 am
For me being 'Otaku' was a bit of a phase. I still like to watch anime once in a while. But I'm not as into it as I was when i was in high school. Back then I'd call myself an otaku, but now not so much.  

Vikabro

Fashionable Cat

12,140 Points
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:32 pm
Prof. Moonie
It seems a shame that one particular overly-obsessed Otaku would ruin your ability to experience anime. In all honesty, just because you watch a bunch of anime doesn't always mean you're an "Otaku". I've seen some anime shows myself and have a select few animes that I'm really into, but I don't call myself an "Otaku".

When it really comes right down to it, if you don't want to become like this Otaku guy you know, then don't. You don't have to completely cut anime out of your life. Just know how to balance both your love for anime (or any other interests) and your real life responsibilities. Really not that complicated to figure out. neutral

Well, that's the reason why I made the rule. So that I can enjoy some anime and not get too into it. It's just seemed to be getting a lil out of hand right now. xd

Yeah, I know I could just not become like him. But, i don't like the idea of having this in common with him, should I lose control. Last thing I need is to hear him gush about it even more than he currently does.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games