Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]
[PRP] Come on a Surf-ari With Me (Cetus x Sunshine)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:10 pm
User Image Cetus had learned his lesson the hard way not to go in the ocean when there was an undertow. He had been pulled out far over his head when he was just growing his mane, and thankfully he had been saved by a few females on the beach shouting to him to swim parallel to shore. Since then he had learned to read the water and, when an undertow was present, he had to force himself to stay out.

Since his favorite swimming spot was compromised, he decided to take a stroll down the beach to see where it led him. There were no good swimming spots for quite some time, too many rocks making it hard to even pick his way across the beach. Finally, thought, he found sand again, and he smiled at the familiar feel under his paws. He practically lived on the beach when he wasn't doing his duty for the pride. Taking a deep breath of the sea air, he realized he was further from home than he thought. The smell of unfamiliar lions met his nose as well as salt and sand, and it took him a moment to process where he was.

Thankfully, Cetus knew the Kizi were friendly with his own pride, so he knew there was no danger here. Still, it was best to start making some noise so his presence was known. It could be ignored or investigated, he didn't care, he just didn't want to surprise anyone. Turning his paws to the surf, he splashed his way through ankle-deep water, making enough noise to alert anyone in the area that there was someone here.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:37 pm
User Image

Sunshine knew as much about the ocean as the cubs that were being taught it's way. She had come from a land of infinite forests, and grass as tall as a cheetahs skull. This land was foreign to her, but it was more calming, and there was a rush of exhilaration that hadn't been there before. Here she could etch out a life for herself in plush comfort, surrounded by trinkets she herself had maid. It would be glorious; if things would just work out.

What she lacked in inspiration she made up for with anxiety. What if she couldn't find her groove? She would never be able to create the perfect trinket! Hair bobbles, colored cloth, scents...none of it would matter. Sunshine sauntered on the beach, kicking little pebbles with her darkly tipped paws. She went out a little further than usual, but since she was still within her home territory she didn't worry. Much like she didn't worry when she saw an unfamiliar lion. He didn't have the right scent, but something about his looks placed him as Bahari.

And oh my, wasn't he a dish! Smiling sweetly, Sunshine stepped through the shallow waves, barely getting wet herself to greet him. "You've come a long way from home to swim." She broached friendly enough. Males were usually only for getting her what she needed, and at this point, she didn't see him as anything different. "Or is there something else that brings you here?"

SilverLutz

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:11 am
Cetus had turned his head to look out at the ocean, admiring the view. The Kizi were around a large bend from them, so the horizon was completely different. Their own view had changed recently with the reveal of an island not too far from their shore, but here there was nothing but water. He loved it! Endless blue meeting endless blue. He knew in the morning the view would be spectacular, with the sun rising up out of the water, lighting everything on fire.

A voice pulled him away from his daydream and he was surprised to see a lioness colored as brightly as the sun he was just thinking about heading his way. She didn't seem upset that he was on her land, so he continued at his slow pace towards her.

"Oh, it's not too far," Cetus said with a smile of his own. "But you hit the mark. There's a bit of rough water back where I usually swim and between here and there it's all rocky and dangerous. So...here I am. Have I made it to the Gypsy lands?" he asked, wondering if he had actually come as far as he thought.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:28 am
SilverLutz

"Indeed you have." She spoke with a welcoming lilt to her voice. "It's unusual for me to meet one of the Bahari, and might I say that if half the males in your pride are as handsome as yourself the Ocean must truly have blessed you." In most cases she only spoke the words to get the males attention, but in this case both were truly. His mane was quite stunning.

"Would you mind if I kept you company? You're sure to attract less attention with a member of our pride around you, and..." She turned her orchid gaze to the side, then peeped at him demurely. "I wouldn't mind hearing of your own. Are the waters usually so rough where you're from?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:50 pm
Cetus raised his brows as the lioness complimented his appearance. He was lucky he had a natural confidence and ease about him that made him calm around anyone, be it royalty, pretty females, or dangerous strangers. The only lions that could make him feel uncomfortable were his parents when he knew he had done something wrong.

"I wouldn't mind at all. I'd appreciate it, in fact," he said smoothly, giving the female a warm smile. "As long as I can get your name out of the deal. I'm Cetus," he offered, giving a little bow of his head. The marking of the sea monster on his arm had obviously been the source of his name, for there was nothing monstrous about his personality.

"Oh, not quite as bad as they are today," he added as he shook his head in regard to her question. "Sometimes there's an undertoe, sometimes it's rough...not this bad, though. There's islands off our coast that usually break up the bad weather and rough seas, but we're not always so fortunate."

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:24 am
SilverLutz

"That's wonderful." She smiled easily and padded a little closer, careful not to get too close to the water. Sunshine wasn't a fan of the way the saltwater messed with her fur or the smell it left in her scarves.

Oh, but he was a charmer! "It's Sunshine." She said easily. The brightly colored lioness cocked her shoulder at an angle, watching easily as the scarf slid around on her shoulders. Cetus. Short and sweet.

"That's terrible. The sea can be so beautiful sometimes, but so very rough when you only want to be a part of it." Not that she knew paritcularly much about the water. She enjoyed being next to it, but not in it. "Isn't it frightening going out so far that your paws don't touch the bottom?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:34 am
"Sunshine," Cetus repeated, chuckling just a bit. "Well, I can see why." Not only was the lioness the color of the sun, but her rather bright personality was a bit blinding. In a good way, of course. There was something about a female that exuded confidence and charm that kept his interest far longer than any other lioness could. Eventually he'd get bored with them and look towards the ocean, eager to swim. Right now, even though he had come here to swim, it wasn't something he was looking to do.

"Oh no, it's quite exhilierating," Cetus said with a shake of his head, a smile on his face. "It makes you feel so free, but so small at the same time. You just have to be careful and know the water and the area, and you'll be fine."

He glanced out at the ocean, tilting his head to the side. "It's calm, but I've never been in here, so I doubt I'd go out that far today if I do go in. I have a rather nice distraction now, though," he added with a little grin, glancing at Sunshine once again. "So, what's this place like? I've heard stories but I've never actually been here.'

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:30 pm
SilverLutz

Despite all of her deceiving and airs, Sunshine was actually caught off guard. To have a true compliment tossed her way, and so casually was rather refreshing. This male really was the real deal natural charmer without even realizing it, and that bothered her. It meant she was just as likely to get caught in his trap as he was to get caught in hers.

"Oh, I'm sure it is. The way you describe it makes me wish I was right there, going down into the deep beside you." Her voice was low, not even bothering to mask the confident sultry appeal. "Maybe someday you can show me the ropes." Of course that would mean he would have to come back, or call for her to come to his pride. It would keep them linked, which is what she liked.

A distraction? Oh no, she was much more than that. She was a gale force wind he had yet to discover. "It's unlike anything you've ever heard of before, I can assure you. Stories are meant to deceive, and detract from the real beauty, so you can only see it when up close and personal." Moving closer to him, she continued, "Fortune tellers can predict your future like Alchemists brewing love. And just like that, you're mad like a fox because a Thief has stolen your precious heart, and you couldn't. care. less." Every one of the last three words was spoken on a seductive whisper. "We're rain in sunshine, and fire in the sea. Nothing can hold us, but the bonds of brotherhood that are never broken."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 pm
Sunshine's tone of voice wasn't lost on Cetus, even though the lion was more susceptible to the call of the ocean than a female. Still, the way she spoke and the look on her face was enough to keep his eyes on her, rather than flicking to the water as they were wont to do. There was something about this lioness that captivated him, and he was curious to figure out just what it was.

"Sounds like a party," he said with a little grin as Sunshine stopped just a pace or so away. He wouldn't mind sticking around for a bit if it meant spending more time with her and learning about the neighbors he had heard so much about. He couldn't deny the prospect of staying here and getting to know her and the Kizi better was very tempting, and the sound of crashing waves only solidified his resolve.

"So...what would I do if I wanted to hang around for a bit?" he asked casually. "See about these fortune tellers and alchemists, maybe show you a thing or two about swimming." He gave her a little wink that would be very easy to miss had she looked away, but Sunshine seemed pretty intent on him as well. Even if she was just flirting for flirtings sake, he had to admit it was fun.

Painted Moose

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 am
SilverLutz

Done, done and done.

"I'm glad that you see things my way." The beads hanging from her mane framed her face. "I would say that if you wanted to stay for a while you would have to find a member to vouch for you." She moved in closer, "which, as it turns out, you already do."

She couldn't say she had missed the wink, or the way it did a little somersault in her gut. Sunshine was very happy with these results; very happy indeed. "If you think you can teach me, then maybe we'll come back out here tomorrow. After all, it's getting late, and we should see about finding you a place to stay for the night, right?"

Of course she knew where she would take him. If that much wasn't obvious she didn't know what was. Whatever activities may or may not happen was up in the air, but it would be easier to make sure no other little minx got her claws in him before Sunshine was done playing.

Before she made it to close to him she smiled, and pivoted on her paw to start walking back to the pride. "Shall we?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:13 am
Cetus gave a soft hum of agreement. It was getting dark and that was no time to swim, even if he wished he could. There were strange, strong beasts that lurked in the water, and as if swimming during the day time wasn't dangerous enough, at night it was even more treacherous. Besides, he felt as though he'd have a rather enjoyable evening even without the ocean. That was the first time he'd ever thought that, to be honest.

"We shall," he said as he stood, following his new friend without hesitation. He liked this place, he thought to himself as he pushed his way into the vegetation that lined the beach, sticking close to his guide. He really hadn't gotten much of a tour yet, but he was sure tomorrow he'd have more time for that. Right now he wanted to get to know Sunshine a bit better.

Painted Moose
Fin? Fin. I think >W>

[IC] Kizingo'zaa Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces