[PRP] Shorty! (Aajamaak and Dagny)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:31 pm
Aaja was walking around again. Over to where the sparring sands were over to where the thrall's slept... All over the place! Why all over? She was trying to prove a point. She could walk anywhere and everywhere and not get lost. Yes, yes, the thought was well embedded inside her memory and Aajamaak wasn't going to scoot her splotchy pelt home until she could prove that she knew where she was going!

Along her walk she found a cub who looked around her age. She was a little bit shorter than Aajamaak, who had recently become increasingly clumsy due to her rapid adolescent growth spurts here and there. This cub was no stranger either and Aaja immediately knew who it was. She called out with exictment to her friend "Dagny!"

Light Atago

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image

This day found Dagny pouncing about in the grass after whatever unfortunate flying insect she could find. Her legs were growing just a bit, though she still remained smaller than her older pridemates. Most everyone around her seemed to be going through a growth spurt. Even her brothers were growing faster than her! Her mother had told her that that was to be expected, but it did little to console her. Yes, Dagny remained quite shorter than her playmates, regardless of the amount she had grown herself.

Still, she could feel more power in her legs, and was enjoying bounding after grasshoppers and butterflies, the few that made her pride's lands her home. She had needed to entertain herself today, or so she thought… Until… That voice, she knew it well! She turned to the source to see Aaja- a much taller version of her from the last time they hung out!

"Aajamaak!" She called back and started bounding over to her friend. "Wow, you're getting a lot taller now! How's it going?" She asked, beaming. After their adventure with the stick, Dagny felt that they were quite good friends, she was glad to run into Aaja again.

CaliWolfe

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:17 pm
Light Atago

Aaja grinned silly when Dagny had hopped on over to where she was. It was always a nice surprise to run into friends while she was bumbling around with no real sense of direction.

To her surprise Dagny was, yes still short, but not as short as she had originally observed. It was almost a reliever that she was taller than expected while helped make it all the more evident they were around the same age. "Everything's good... I'm sure you'll get taller too!" She confidently informed her friend. She had heard someone say if got tall when you were likely to be shorter than everyone else when your older. She wasn't sure about that logic but if it was true then those who were short must have gotten real tall when they.

Thus Aajamaak had decided Dagny was destined to be tall. "I'm trying to not get lost. What are you up to?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:55 pm
"I sure hope so," she said hesitantly. "My two brothers are both growing taller than me." Not that this was unexpected to her, but she wasn't particularly fond of the fact of nature. Aaja's certainty helped Dagny's confidence a bit, though.

"Sounds like a good idea," said Dagny to Aaja's activities. "I've been sneaking up on and pouncing at grasshoppers. But we should definitely do something more fun! You must be able to do even cooler stuff now that you're so much taller!" Dagny said, a tinge of envy in her voice. She wanted to climb taller things still. "It won't be long," she said lowering her excited voice, "… before the adults let you try mint, will it?" Her muzzle held a trouble-making grin. Her mother had told Dagny about mint… And also that she needed to wait until she was an adult to try it. But Aaja was now almost the size of an adult, Dagny wondered if she would be allowed at it easily. The little cub was intensely curious about the plant- her mother seemed to love the stuff…

CaliWolfe

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:31 pm
Light Atago

"Yes, I can do so many more-

M-mint!?" Aaja asked in surprise. She coughed while fidgeting in place for a moment.

It wasn't as if she didn't know what mint was, everybody knew what mint was! It was just that she hadn't expected herself to partake in the activities the adults often indulged in. Drinking moonshine and chewing mint seemed so far away yet it was only yesterday that she had...

"I actually tried some already." She admitted with a bow of her head in embarrassment. She didn't really want to release the details of her experience with Dagny (or anybody for that matter!) however she could not resist telling her friend a little bit about it. "It was..." She paused to strive for the right word. "Interesting. I've never tasted anything like it before!" Aajamaak said with a nod. She wasn't sure if she regretted trying it or not however since it made her even more confused and lost. She could barely keep upright when she had it! "I didn't really like it." She said with a head shake, "but you might when the adults let you have some." Surly a cub without balance issues would probably enjoy the substance more then her. At least Aajamaak's train of thought lead her to believe so.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:28 pm
"Wow!" Dagny exclaimed, eyes wide. She leapt up and gently placed one of her front paws on Aaja, a grin wide across her muzzle. "That's so cool! I wish I could try some of it." She removed her paw after a moment, "But I guess I'll have to keep waiting, just a bit. You didn't like it, huh? Maybe it's not all that great," she said, tail curling around her as she sat back on her haunches again. She had just thought it was something to look forward to, as so many lions seemed to make a huge deal about enjoying it. With so many liking it so much, she had thought it could be something useful, but maybe it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. The smaller lioness would only have to wait and see.

"So, Aaja." Dagny said, rising to her paws once more, "What should we do today? I was thinking, I had heard that there's a really cool rock down by the swamp- my brother told me. Maybe we can find it?" Dagny suggested, not sure whether that would be fun or not. Either way, she wasn't going to lose time with her friend!

CaliWolfe
Sorry I'm so late! D8

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:23 pm
Aaja shrugged. "Who knows? You'll probably like it more than me though. It makes me dizzy, so that's why I don't like it." Maybe she had eaten too much of it? It was possible. Nobody had really been there to monitor the amount of mint Aaja was chewing, as soon as she had been given some the adults all seemed to go off on their own someplace.

She snapped back into focus. "Okay, let's do that." Rocks were cool? Right? If Dagny said there was a really cool rock then there must have been a really cool rock. Besides, she didn't mind the swamp and getting dirty or anything. She doubted Dagny would either, as far as she knew Dagny had two brothers and a bit of a tough minded mother.

Thinking on it now, swamps had toads too! Maybe they could catch toads and make them race each other or something? Anything seemed fun, really. Except standing around, standing around wasn't so fun.

Light Atago
No worries!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:36 am
"Then off we go!" Dagny said taking a dramatic step towards the swamp beside Aaja. "Yeah, he said there's this rock- not a big one that you climb on or anything! It's apparently about as big as your paw, with flecks of color and shininess in it. I told him I'm not sure that it's real, that maybe he's pulling my tail or something, but he swears it's there." She looked around a bit suddenly. "I don't really want him to know I'm going to check it out, since I told him to his face I didn't believe him. But it's worth checking out, right?" Dagny asked. It seemed like it to her, anyway. Besides, the swamp was full of other fun things to explore and see.

"So what's been new with you, other than trying mint and growing tall?" She asked her friend as they approached the swamp. "Have you still got that twig?" She asked, thinking back to the hard-won twig that had snagged from under the paws of dueling reavers. She wondered if Aaja had kept it…

CaliWolfe

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:45 pm
Aaja couldn't help but smile as Dagny took a big dramatic step next to her. Sometimes her best friend acted so silly! At mention that she didn't really want her brother to know she was going to the swamp, Aaja decided to be helpful and keep an eye out for him too! Or well, either of her brothers, Dagny hadn't exactly said which.

"Oh, no a whole lot." She admitted, "I've moved into my own den." She mentioned causally, not figuring that it was an overly important detail. Besides, her den wasn't exactly "moved into" yet. Sure she had her space but it was empty besides from a pelt on the floor that served as her bed. Over time Aaja figured it'd fill up with stuff but for now it had that hideous lack of items that defined a den as being just moved into.

"Oh yes!" She exclaimed. "My brother used it as a toothpick once, so it's not exactly very big anymore, but I do have it." He had almost eaten the whole thing, until Aaja came home and freaked out on him for it. That twig had sentimental value! Even if it was just a stick...

Light Atago

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff