Submit

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:27 pm
It was a brisk morning and the sky was cloudy; snow was inevitable. This type of weather wasn't uncommon in these parts, where there was a snow covered island and generally frozen lake. Letobe had been awake and about for several hours already. He had gone and gotten some food earlier, bringing the rest to his igloo.

Currently he explored just by the edge of the island. He was generally a solitary lion, but he didn't mind company. He rather enjoyed the quite of the snowy surroundings, the way the snow crunched under his paws. He was a hunter, but he often wandered about and considered himself a silent guardian of the isle. Just going around making sure things were going the way they should be. Today was no different.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:36 pm
User Image Tikahn made his way across the frozen lake back to the island. It looked like clouds were hanging overhead that spoke of snow, but he didn't mind. He loved the chilly weather and the snow was magical in his eyes, so a new snow storm was always welcome. He didn't take pleasure in the weather, though, his mind a mess from the poor lioness he had encountered in the rouge lands.

He was used to hurting himself due to his clumsy nature, but accidentally hurting someone else ate away at him. She had promised she'd be fine, but he knew he wouldn't be able to think of anything else for a while. At least until he found something to distract himself with, anyway.

Tikahn perked up as he reached the edge of the island, having spotted another male not too far away. Oh good, a distraction! "Hello!" he called out, moving over to the male with a friendly smile. Time to forget his rouge land woes. "Looks a bit like snow, would you say?"

tani duh!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:25 pm
Letobe was taken by surprise when the male approached, but his cheerful greeting wasn't unwanted. Cheerful greetings in these parts usually led to cheerful interactions, which Letobe could never complain about considering some of the grumps that lived here. No matter, those grumps were still his family and he would do his job to ensure their survival as well.

He looked at the male and then looked to the sky, "I believe so." He sat down on the cold ground and wrapped his tail around his paws. He had lived in the area long enough to know the look of snow, this was definitely it. "Can't say I wouldn't mind a fresh powder though," he added quickly, "some of the people around here are defrosting faster than I'd like to see." He smirked as he returned his gaze to Tikahn. "Were you off on a journey? How did it fare?" He was always curious about the interactions outside the pride. His were never interesting, being just a hunter, but others had many more stories. And he would never say that his, or any other job, was unimportant, but some jobs came across better characters than his.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:40 pm
Tikahn had to laugh softly as the other male spoke and he nodded just a bit. There were those that did better in the cold, and he was one of them, but there were others that hated it. When the snow went away they tended to come out of the woodwork and complain. He had run into one of them not too long ago, and he would be happy for the fresh snow to chase them back into their dens.

The question, however, made his laughter fade a bit. "Oh...yes, just out in the rouge lands looking for things we might need here." As a forager he was out quite often, usually spending half his time there and half in the pride. "I actually had an encounter before returning with another lioness. We startled one another and she ended up hurting her legs. Gods, I felt so badly," he groaned, putting a large paw over his eyes.

"I tried to help her a bit, brought her to some water so she wouldn't be thirsty while she was healing up for the rest of the day, but I had to leave her to come back here. I just hope she'll do all right. It wasn't broken or anything," he added. "Just a muscle strain I think."

tani duh!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:57 pm
Ah, a forager, Letobe thought to himself, lives a life very similar to his. Both jobs were vital to the survival of the pride, he wondered for a moment if the other male felt the same way and felt that weight that Letobe often felt when he was outside the cold island. He listened to the story, his ears falling back at the word that the female was hurt. "Oh, goodness, that poor lioness." He shook his head, giggling lightly, "Honestly, if YOU scared her, she must have been prone to scares and injuries anyways." Tikahn wasn't a particularly intimidating lion.

"I'm sure she will be fine. If we can survive all the things that have been thrown at us as of late, I'm sure that she can carry on after a muscle strain." Letobe nodded his head as he spoke, agreeing with himself, and trying to ease the obvious concerns of the male. Even if he couldn't do anything about that, though, he knew he could change the subject.

"I hope you know, as a hunter and fellow supplier for this pride, I appreciate what you do for us. I'm sure you know Elsa does as well." Letobe silently recalled the conversation he had with the queen only a few days ago, when he returned from his hunt.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:03 pm
Letobe's words made Tikahn's anxiety fade a bit as laughter took hold of him. "That...that's very true," he said, still chuckling. He had been rather startled to see the female as well - he had been lost in thought when he had come across her, but she had taken the cake as far as reactions went - but at least he hadn't hurt himself. "Although in her defense, she told me she was blind in one eye and nearly in the other as well. At least I can see," he said with a little sigh. Still, it was better not to dwell on it. She had survive that long without help, he was sure she'd be just fine.

At the mention of Elsa his ears perked up, but he tried not to let his mind wander as it had out in the rouge lands. Instead he nodded, a thankful smile on his face. Just the other day he'd had one of the grumpier pride members chewing him out for being useless and not pulling his weight. Then again, he had also been insulting him, calling him 'snow pelt', a favorite of those who thought their pridemates with wintery pelts were cursed and the reason for the climate change.

"Thank you. It means a great deal to hear it," he said softly with a bob of his head. Hunters were respected and treated very well, as they were the ones that kept the pride alive and well. Foragers, while not bringing home food, found new blood, materials for making dens and warm furs, and other things that couldn't be found on the snowy island.

"I'm so sorry...I know I've seen you before, but my name escapes me," Tikahn added, ears drooping in embarrassment. "I'm Tikahn but...you probably knew that," he added with a weak laugh.

tani duh!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:49 pm
Letobe smiled, letting out a small laugh, "Letobe, my friend." He then gave a polite nod. "I don't believe we've ever been formally introduced. Just went about our business, paths crossing, but never being a nuisance to the other." He preferred other creatures like that anyways, if they weren't bothering him then he considered them good company. "Wonderful to finally meet you, Tikahn."

To be truthful, Letobe had seen Tikahn about before, as he was very eager to please the queen, it seemed. It made Letobe smile, knowing that this lion was also fond of Elsa. Letobe treated Elsa as if she were his own daughter, and would do anything to protect her or ensure her successful reign. It's part of the reason he went hunting as often as he could. He firmly believed that someone, somewhere was watching them all and that that same someone sent Elsa to them to fulfill some plot. To write and complete a story.

As Letobe sat for a moment, gathering his thoughts, he noticed something: it had finally begun to snow. He pointed a heavy paw toward the clouds above, "Ahh, and it begins. I've always said the snow is a sign of Elsa's right to the throne." He took a deep breath of the cold air, flakes falling onto his face and melting as they hit his mane. "I don't think these snows are a curse. I think they're a sign of strength." He looked back to Tikahn, realizing his thoughts had wandered off. "I'm-I'm sorry. That was too open of me."

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:58 am
"Letobe," Tikahn repeated so he'd remember it for later, a little smile on his face. "And to you! We've passed one another enough, you'd think that we'd have spoken as long as we have before now." Still, they knew each other's name now, so there was no harm done.

He glanced up as the first few flakes started to fall, steadily increasing by the second. He smiled just a bit as they caught on his whiskers, his nose twitching to remove them from his face. He loved the snow more than the rain, because rain would drench you. Snow would melt a little bit, but for the most part it just collected on his fur and he could shake it off before entering his den.

The comment made him look back at the older lion in surprise, but it wasn't shock. It was delight on his face, and his tail flicked back and forth as he nodded. "I like that," he said with a grin. "I don't think it's a curse either. It just...happened. I like the snow, and I know lots of lions that do. So...yes. It's certainly no one's fault for the weather changing like this. It keeps our pride unique," he added, only barely stopping himself from adding 'just like Elsa'.

tani duh!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:42 pm
Letobe let a smile creep over his face, happy that Tikahn felt similarly about the snows. It wasn't often that he found another who liked the snow, most just tolerated it and then there were those who hated everything about it. But Tikahn was right, the weather that surrounded them was without a doubt one of the things that made them unique as compared to other prides.

"I am very happy to hear that." Letobe looked back to the sky. "Elsa needs people like you, and like me, to be close to her. People who genuinely believe in her. And in what she does for everyone." He brought his eyes back down to the lion, "She is strong, but she can't do everything here alone. She's a wonderful, just leader, but she can't handle every problem on her own." He stood back up, stretching his shoulders and giving his fluffy mane a light shake, droplets and flakes going in every direction and sparkling in the air as they fell.

"I think too many around here think that Elsa is made of ice herself..." He looked away from Tikahn, a grimace crossing over his snout, "and I know I don't need to tell you this, but she isn't. And she needs all of us, she is still so young..." He shook his head in slight disappointment, not in Elsa, but in the fact that she didn't get to enjoy her years to her fullest, at least in Letobe's eyes.

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:25 am
Tikahn listened to Letobe with a small smile, even though his topic wasn't a very happy one towards the end. Everyone he'd come across - with the exception of that massive soldier he had run into a few times - seemed to dislike Elsa in some way. The fact that Letobe was one of the few who truly believed in their queen made him feel warm inside. Knowing Elsa had some true, loyal followers here was hopefully enough to keep her spirits up.

He nodded at the last point the older lion made, though. He was just about the same age as Elsa, as he didn't remember a time when the pride wasn't covered in snow and ice. He knew what it was like to go into the rouge lands and explore, to learn new things, and she couldn't do that. She had to stay, she had the pressure of ruling a whole pride on her shoulders.

"I'm not really cut out to lead a pride, but I'll definitely help her with I can," he promised, tail flicking back and forth resolutely. He knew he gave Elsa an escape from her worries, but was that really the best thing he could do? He didn't want to turn her into some fantasy-world Elsa. That would be bad.

"And thank you," he added, a genuine smile on his face. "As you said, she really does need those like us to surround her and lift her up against all the distrust and dislike she faces here. A few good friends can really go a long way."

And a massive soldier who would so as rip your face off as look at you. Ah, good ol' Ezen...Tikahn was glad he didn't have to scoot around the lion every moment of the day or he was sure he'd be used as bait for the fishers.

tani duh!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:25 am
Letobe laughed, "I could never lead a pride either. I'm definitely a follower, versus a leader. Hence why we help." Everyone had their place here and he knew no one could do the job Elsa was, especially keeping the composure she does under all the pride pressure.

And Letobe agreed with Tikahn. Elsa needed to be surrounded by people who she could, first, trust and, second, would support her. "You're welcome." Letobe, although they had just met, had a feeling that Tikahn would be important to the pride and also that he and Tikahn would tend to speak more from now on. They could be good friends, sharing in their love of the pride and respect for Elsa.

Snow had settled into his fur again so he gave a quick shake, looking back to the sky. The sun was back behind the clouds still, but you could tell where it was in the sky. "It was very nice to speak with you, Tikahn. I hope we do cross paths more often, but I should take your leave. I'm sure you should be returning, also!"

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:14 pm
As Letobe stood to take his leave, Tikahn nodded and stood as well. "Very nice to speak to you," he agreed with a friendly smile. "Yes, I've got to get back to my den before the snow starts getting serious."

He brushed off his mane with a paw before scooting off into the trees. It was always great to meet a new friend and today was no exception. The fact that Letobe was a sympathizer of Elsa just made it even nicer. He was a one big smile as he curled up in his den, feeling as though the day had turned out for the better.

tani duh!
Last one from me!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out