Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The king's bones creaked a bit as he stood up, slowly stretching his forelegs out before giving his hind legs the same treatment. His right hind left sagged as he did so, injured long ago from a hyena attack. It prevented him from really patrolling his pride, and he had to keep himself fairly close to Pride Rock. Whenever he stepped a bit too far, his family would flood him with their protests and concerns on his well being. Simi didn't like to worry those that loved and cared about him, so he learned to be content with his confinement. It didn't prevent him from wistfully wishing for more freedom, but a king's work was never done...and it was easier for everyone to find him is he stuck close to the Prideland's natrual symbol.

"Really, grandfather, how do you function with such little sleep?"

Tau, the heir to the throne, was rubbing his eye and yawning as he drew closer to Simi, exhausted from the night before. It felt like they had only slept for five to six hours until Simi was chasing his grandson up to attend the morning report and greetings. They had just finished with that when Simi decided he wanted to mingle with the pride instead of going back to bed. Tau wasn't enjoying this one bit.

"You're younger than me, keep up!" Simi said, happily limping along at a steady pace.

"Ugh, you must get all your energy from the sun. I can barely keep my eyes open," Tau complained as he stumbled after his grandfather, grumbling under his breath. It was probably quite the sight, and no one from Tau's homeland would recognize such a lack of composure from a son of the empress.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:02 pm
Safaia
Sorry for the wait!

User ImageUser Image

Ever since he had been a young cub Waridi-upya had always had a strange fascination with stories. Whether they be historically based, legends, tales of great Princes and battles with Gods; he loved them all. However, as much as he enjoyed lessons he did not enjoy waking up so early just to be drug half way across the Pridelands, and back before sun up!

"What is the point of being up this early? Honestly, I haven't even seen any birds yet!" Granted, by that time there were many, but most had shied away from the noisy adolescent. The morning was no longer fresh, and unlike Waridi, it had seemed to settle.

"If you did half as much thinking as you did jabbering you'd be ruling the skies with Mkodi." Tyrwhitt chuffed as he walked. There was a shambling in his steps, like that of the overweight and older set, both of which he belonged. He was still a skilled hunter when he wanted to be, but most days he was content to watch over the little ones with his mate. Maybe he should have tried Nanny work? Seems like he did it enough to count, anyway.

"Ya begged me for two straight weeks to take ya around, show ya where all the battles were fought, and I did. So ya ain't got no right to complain. Now get a hustle, we're getting pretty close to the inner part I'd wager. You can rest there."

Aggravated, but never the less resilient, Waridi paced on. Then, as if to get under his grandfather's skin, he began to sing. "WOAH, LOW IS THE BROWN ON THE CHUFFED UP COW IN THE HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE POND. LOW IS THE BROWN ON THE CHUFFED UP COW IN THE HOLE IN THE BOTTOM OF THE POND ON THE-"

"That is IT. The moment we return home I am leaving you to the mercy of your sisters, and then they can rat you out to your mother." He might have tried to hide his actions, but they wouldn't.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 7:57 pm
The two had been walking at a slow, comfortable speed, until...quite the sound reached their ears. Their eyes widened as they stared outwards, and then at one another.

"Um, grandfather...what is that?" Tau asked, feeling a bit nervous. He hadn't heard anything like it and wasn't sure how to perceive it. It sounded pretty terrible, but he had been trying his best to be open and kind lately. This singing was going to push him over the edge and make whomever was doing it...stop.

"I think it is someone singing...and its quite interesting. Come, let's find them!" The king sauntered off, intrigued to discover whomever it was that was singing, and decide just what kind of lion they must be.

"W-wait!" Tau had been frozen for a moment, but quickly followed after Simi. The two of them didn't have to move very far to find the culprit. There was a younger male there who seemed to be the one singing, and a much larger male not looking too pleased. Tau had to assume that they knew each other, even if they didn't share much similarities in appearance.

"Your song is fascinating," Simi said as he limped towards them. He left a bit of room, since the younger male seemed quite enthralled in song. "It sounds quite original, I haven't heard it yet." He winked at the darker male for a moment, ignoring the fact that his grandson and heir was floundering to understand the situation at hand. The best way to learn was in the heat of the moment, and this would be grand!

Painted Moose
<33

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:30 am
Safaia

Waridi'upya continued his tune precariously close to his grandfather, swaying this way and that on his paws in a lackadaisical fashion. He felt it was good to have a little pay back since the old man never seemed to give him credit! "THERE'S A HOLE IN A ROCK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SAND IN THE-"

Tyrwhitt tried. His patience was near legendary, but for some reason when it came to this boy...He looked to the distance, pointedly ignoring the brazen youth, his eyes seeing others trying to scurry off. He sighed. Oh what he wouldn't have given to have been them! Then he saw something very unusual. "Waridi, hush." He didn't turn to look at him, but he repeated it once more, in a low warning. "Hush."

It's the King and the Crown Prince! And his grandson was making a fool of himself....

"Oh, you think so? It's something new I've just recently picked up." He looked at Tyrwhitt and winked, causing the older male to physically groan. "Are you a friend of my father's? Mothers? You seem pretty familiar, like I met you...Ah! I get it. You're a nanny." That had to be it. And with his son? Bit of an age difference, so probably grand-son or something further down.

Tyrwhitt cleared his throat. "Your majesty, you'll have to forgive my grandson, he's an original unto himself." He passed a pointed look at the now paling young male beside him. Now it hits you. Even if he was a bit peeved with the boy he had to chuckle when that wink was tossed his way. "It's hard remembering that I too was once like that only just a short while ago....I try to put it behind me."

Waridi twitched his nose and exhaled deeply. That was a close one! At least the King like his song. Maybe he should suggest an Entertaining profession...Nah. He'd have way too many girls on him if he did that. His eyes made it to Tau who didn't seem as at ease as his grandfather. Time to break the ice. "So, are you homesick yet?"  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces