Submit

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:43 pm
Celestyn padded slowly through dead and dying grasses below the safety of trees. The weather was turning and the heat was becoming more obvious every day. Nights were cool and comfortable but the days, oh how he hated the way the sun's beams made him heat up like a flame. His dark coat made it almost unbearable during midday.

He found a suitable tree and climbed up to one of it's limbs, hanging his legs off. "Phew, I knew I loved trees..." He let his head loll off the side of the branch and looked around. A couple lions played many yards away and some prey watched them suspiciously from afar, keeping a safe distance in case someone decided they wanted some fresh meat.

As he looked the other way, however, he spotted something else. Or, should I say someone else. A dark colored feline moved toward him.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:39 pm
User Image
With a strong line of seers in her family, she had not possessed the ability, but yet now she was on a mission to look for those who did. With knowing her mother's visions, how her body reacted to how one looks when in a trance state when they get in to a vision. The only down side, after her first round up, she felt. Bad. Guilty. Although she WAS on a mission, she was taking a breather. It almost traumatized her how they brought that cheetah male in and locked him up. Trying to get him to 'see' something. Anything to prove himself. All his freedom taken away by her..

She was a priestess.. someone of the walk of Gods not meant to restrain the free of heart. The infliction of feelings were making her wonder. Wonder in enough to not pay attention to her surroundings much at all. Except blankly looking around with no thought at all. That was until she was starting to pass under a tree and in the distance, she could see lions. She was told to stay away from rogue lions. Eyeing them. Watching them.. with no thoughts that she could muster.

"What am I doing here." She said- hoping that the Gods could hear her and tell her an answer...

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:54 pm
Celestyn let out a chortle at the leopardess from his spot in the tree. "I don't know, what ARE you doing here?" He asked her back, as if her question were directed at him. He did find it strange to find a lone leopard out here, especially a female. He tilted his head back and forth giving her a good look over. She didn't seem to be injured or even malnourished.

"I know I get confused cuz of this heat.. Is it getting to you, too, miss?" he asked, politely. He wondered what she was like. His companion, a lioness, was back at their camp for the night, still asleep. She was a leader, but easily impressed upon. They had traveled very far together and seen many places, but had generally kept to themselves. Perhaps she had stories to share. For now, however, he thought it best to stay in his tree.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:15 pm
User Image
She thought herself alone here, apparently not. Her head quickly swerved. He had sort of dappled on her question but it wasn't an answer. Gods worked in oh so many mysterious ways, and for the life of her couldn't muster about this new answer.

"Sorry, was talking to-" Well that would sound bad if she were talking to herself. She looked away to the lions again. "I guess the heat is getting to me.." When she said that- her stomach gave off an awful growling sound, echoing out of her body. Her ears planted. "Maybe hunger too."

While others thought her alone, no pride member of the 'nera was ever truly alone in the field. They always had a handler- or guard. Just, some guards were harder to spot. Especially when she was on a mission to bring back a seer. Or two. Everyone was suspected to have the ability, but Aadia soon realized that it was wishful thinking. Maybe not everyone had to be scrutinized. Then she looked back up at him. "Can you see herds from up there?" She wasn't a tree climber. That was for sure.

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 am
The grumble of her stomach startled him. How did such a noise come from that creature! He laughed again.

"Hmm..." he looked through the branches again. Some gazelle and smaller prey, klip springers, rabbits, were intermixed. Larger gazelle stood on the side closest to the lions. He turned back to the female. "I can see some, yes." He nodded his head in the direction of the prey. "Gazelle and some other smaller creatures. They seem very concerned about those lions you keep looking at."

He let himself down from the tree and stood next to her. "If you're hungry, and it sounds like you are, I'm sure the two of us could take down something over there." He nodded toward the gazelles, "they're too concerned about others to pay us any mind if we're quiet." He raised an eyebrow at her and a half smile creeped over his muzzle, "I didn't catch your name by the way. I'm Celestyn."

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:18 pm
User Image

He could see them?! Her tail wagged happily behind her as she gave off a soft smile. "Thank you~" Tasting delicious meat... Oh what she could do. She offered but as soon as she was about to take another step- he came down from the tree. Then she side stepped away from him to give him some more room for landing. Once he did, he seemed much more bigger than he was- and compared to her- she was not nearly just his size. Well if he wanted to fight her- he wouldn't have given her the heads up on food.. right?

"If your busy- you don't have to worry..I learned to hunt!" Her voice had a spring in it- but then it went down to something of unsure and well downright depressed. Trying to divert this feeling she bowed her head. "I'm Aadia. It's nice to meet you." Looking out to the lions- then walking a few steps in the direction. He seemed good nature to be around.

Then the grumble happened again and she looked down to it. "Well that was disturbing." Looking at him and giving him a nod. "I'm good at the quiet.." She lowered herself already like a noob, and lowered her voice to bare minimal to speak to him. Yep- it was her second attempt at nabbing her own food- and one could totally tell. Her foot steps were unsure- everything about he screamed how new she was-... and really just how pampered she was before this moment. With her fur laid just right. Not looking at all malnourished. Just today was one of those days where the body would scream for it and now that she had a partner- well this would make it easier.

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:15 am
"Anyone that needs to tell someone they're good at something, probably isn't that good to begin with." He winked and joked with her, not knowing how true his words were. But in watching her get close to the ground and walk unsteadily, he was guessing his words were truer than he had hoped. Luckily, those lions will probably keep them distracted he thought to himself. "Let's also hope that talking stomach of yours doesn't give us away!"

He looked up at the sky and then back to where the prey was out in the grasses. "I'm sure I have enough time to help you. I mean, I was just lounging in my nice tree here. Enjoying the warm afternoon," he let out a playful sigh, looking up at the tree he had just come down from, "well, time to get down to business!" He pointed a heavy paw at the lions that were playing. "See there? Those lions have been playing for a little while now, I'm sure they'll continue. From up in my tree, you could see that the larger creatures of the herd and most of the males were on that side grazing, acting as a first line of defense for the smaller ones, females, and youngins." He moved his paw in a swooping, half circle motion as he spoke, "But if we go over around this way.... We can take the other side by surprise, and probably bring down whichever you feel so inclined to, skilled hunter."

Luckily, the years of rogue life with Chizoba, his lion companion, had made him a good hunter. She generally told him where they were going, and he followed, but he was often the one with common sense. So he did a lot of the hunting, because otherwise she might forget to eat. He didn't mind it, though, it gave him a sense of purpose.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:20 pm
User Image

She listened intently as if she hadn't ever learned this before- well. She hadn't. The cheetah she had learned from gave her the basics. Stay low to the ground- or attack from above. Here- she had a leopard going in to detail and already she could tell that she may just have to sit this one out- but how could she!? She HAD to keep up the charade- at least to hold some honor. Thinking as he spoke, she gave him a for sure nod every so often in the pauses of his directions. This was tactical.. maybe she could even bring this back and show off to the fighters in the pride. Wagging her tail in excitement.

"Alright~" Slinking away from him and properly sinking in to the tall grass- then looked behind her for conformation. "Um .. you're coming too.. right?" Giving off the 'I can do this~' kinda attitude, trying to keep the facade. She was way better at surprise from above attacks and this would probably act as her first time all over again. This was only her second outing in to the roguelands, but she were determined to prove herself. She tried to navigate in the long grass and it proved to be way more difficult. Where she lived- it was a barren wasteland and the only lush was around her pride.. and THAT was bushes and trees. Not.. long grass. "How can anyone see in this.." Pushing the grass down and trying not to make any noise.

It was then that she had probably made a wrong turn and pushed down on a patch that so happened to be ...............filled with birds. "Woah umm. Hi- uhh sorry!" She tried to apologize quietly but the flock immediately rustled in the area out of fear of her and tried even attacking her while she TRIED to be 'stealthy'. "Woah! Their attacking me! Help!" She hadn't EVER experienced this before- and their pecks came in like fury as she ducked down and covered her face and head until they all flew away...

Small cuts in her fur bled but it wasn't too serious. Huffing as she looked up in the crack of her arms covering her... Blinking. She'd never experienced angry birds like that.. In her pride they listened and were trained. These were- beastly.. In that- she slowly looked up and her ears went down. "Crap..." Realizing that the flock moving had startled the rest of the animals sin to a frenzy and had moved further away. Hitting her paw to her face. How stupid of her!? How stupid was this grass!? Why is it so long that she couldn't see the damn birds in the first place!? Arguing with herself internally. Which by this point, she had given up hope of retrieving anything from that herd now. They already knew danger was here..

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:42 pm
Well, Celestyn thought to himself, she at least looks excited and focused. Perhaps this won't go as poorly as originally thought. He cracks the knuckles in his paws carefully as he was a little stiff from laying in the tree, as he heard her ask if she was coming too. He laughed and nodded, following suit and shifting into the tall grasses.

The next thing he heard was several meters away. A frantic lion apologizing to something. He had let her "lead" and she had gone somewhat in the wrong direction. As he popped out of the crouch, head and shoulders appearing over the grasses, he could see the flock of birds take flight, well most of the birds flew off, some hovered there for a minute in attack. He raced over to the commotion, the rest of the birds scattering as he arrived, to find the leopardess hiding pitifully in the grass. He let out a sigh.

He looked back over his shoulder, as the herds scattered in several directions, filing into groups by species and heading their separate ways now that nothing seemed safe to them. Even the playful lions had stopped their sparring and stared at him from afar. He blew some air through his nose and looked back to Aadia. She seemed okay, shaken up and some small injuries, but nothing that any feline couldn't get up and walk away from, but she just looked so confused and helpless laying there. Even confused by what just happened.

He shook his head, a small smile appearing over his face. "You... don't know much about hunting, do you?" He didn't want to say it was obvious, but it definitely wasn't hard to figure out at this point. "What're you doing out here if you can't really hunt? Is this a trap of some sort?!" He paced back a few steps, nervous now since... what creature in the roguelands can't hunt?!

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:07 am
User Image

She looked over at him and almost coward-ed beneath his eyes yet when he smiled... for some reason.. She smiled too. Then came an awkward sort of laugh. Slowly shaking her head 'no'. Cleaning herself off and checking out her paw suspiciously at the blood before she looked up at his surprise. From being relaxed up, her ears laid back down again at the accusation. Which reminded her of when she had lead almost the same to the seer cheetah she had captured in to her pride.

Casting her gaze away hurtful to remember just the recent memories before turning her head back to him. "I have to learn somehow! Its only my second time ok!" Growling at him, surprising herself with her reaction. Although it did upset her.. "If this were a trap- I wouldn't be alone." Getting up. "I'm just better at attacking from above- and plus I didn't think it was that complicated ok-" Huffing and getting all sorts of flustered and upset. "I told you- you didn't have to." Turning around and going against the bushes. Struggling as she pushed them away from her path and finally sat and set off a loud growl. "WHY IS THIS GRASS SO HIGH!?" She yelled out only just a few feet from him..

She should have just kept on going and not stopped at all. Slashing at the grass around her to cut down the darn grass that could hide any creature in it. She wasn't even that hun-

Then her stomach growled off again in retaliation as she pressed her paw against it. "You- you just shut it." Talking with her tummy as if it spoke back.

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 7:22 pm
"Only your second time hunting?" Celestyn was surprised, to say the least. She wasn't emaciated, so she must have someone who hunts for her or at least supplies her food. A royal rat from somewhere, he thought to himself. "So where are you from? What throne do you inherit when you're old enough? He sat down on the ground, cocking his head to the side and raising an eye brow at her. He wasn't playing games now.

"What are you really doing out here? You obviously don't, and can't, hunt for yourself, so you're not trying to find food..."
He paused as he thought out loud. "Perhaps whoever sent you out should have taught you something before sending you here on an empty stomach. And also taught you not to yell at others." His tone was a little lighter, but still slightly suspicious and annoyed.

He eyed the grass for a moment. "I don't know why the grass is high, but it's the only way the rest of us are able to hunt so we can eat. It's quite a blessing out here, to be truthful." He sighed, shaking his head in an invisible conversation with himself. "Perhaps I should find you a small kill and you should return to your home."

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 2:03 pm
User Image

She turned around and sat. Looking up at the sky.. Yea he was right. Return home. Last time she was out here- they captured a cheetah seer. Now, she was not trying to capture anyone. Just be in existence with the other rogues although she just seemed to not be able to fit. Her pride was sometimes good- sometimes bad, they'd murder you without thinking or treat you like royalty without lifting a paw. Ears fanned back. Sucking in air, then softly releasing it to keep her mind calm. She was a priestess after all.. but with all that had been going on- her doubts in herself and her morals were being tested.

Then lowered her head, she didn't look at him but she did apologize. "I'm sorry." Then looked in no particular direction and let the thoughts she had been thinking of release back in to her head. "I don't inherit a throne." Shaking her head. "And it would be different if I was sent out the right way but I just ....left." It sounded permanent but it wasn't. Her family- her bloodline was there. "In our lands, there is no grass this high, it's..." Then she remembered her pride- their rules. Their secrets and she couldn't reveal anything about it. "I don't want to just go home~ I would have done that by now. I just needed some time away." Lifting herself up finally and turning around to look at him.

"I don't need a handout and what- is it so wrong to want a break." Her brows forward as if even slightly offended that she would have to ask permission. In her pride, she did. But she knew that there was probably a guard following her around- even now. Probably close enough to hear their conversation. That's how her pride worked.

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:30 pm
Celestyn wasn't sure what he should or shouldn't believe about what she said. He also couldn't really understand what she meant by it all. He had never had a permanent home; he and Chizoba kept traveling. Or they had kept traveling, moving along constantly. There was no "home" there was no "back", there was only "next" and "here".

"I don't know. I guess not." He said to her quietly. "I don't have a home. I never have. I don't know what it's like to want a break from it." He sounded slightly sad, it's not something he thought about a whole lot, but it did make him a little upset that he didn't have a den or a permanent area that was 'home', at the same time he wouldn't have traded his travels for anything.

"Don't take for granted the things you have. Others don't always have them. You have a home to want to leave and a home to return to." His face was stern, almost upset with her, for not realizing that these things she was taking a vacation from were things he had never experienced. He sighed and looked about. "You know.. I should be going. I have things to do before I begin traveling again."

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:19 pm
User Image

He... didn't have a home? Her ears went down as he spoke... that look in his eyes of longing to belong. She couldn't understand fully, but she felt compassion.. Her whole family had always been in the pride- she heard her grandfather was a rogue but found a 'home' with grandma... Where he was now, she couldn't even fathom. Would she ever know what it feels like to not be owned by someone else- that was what a pride was right? Well at least hers felt that way. Sighing..

Closing her eyes she saw her family.. brothers- and mother. "I guess you're right.." Looking back in the direction of her pride. "I guess.. maybe I should go back. Mother might be worried." Her voice went low, then she looked at him.. She wanted to comfort him in his down time, but she didn't know exactly how. "You know.. I mean.. maybe we could get something to eat next time.. if we meet again. If you don't have much to do.." Shrugging. "But I bet you don't stay in one place long-... nevermind. Forget it. Um.. I guess I should be going to.. Let the gods be with you.." Turning around and walking back home. Head low.. then slowly she started to pick up the pace until she was some far away then slowed down....

The look in his eyes ... the wind blowing through her fur, she turned around but with the long grass she didn't see him.. She should ask him- maybe come with her. It was..at least home.. but shook her head. "Nevermind.." Turning and walking away- not knowing that she would likely see him again, soon than she thought..

tani duh!

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage II [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers