Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Why is it so hard for FL people to be nice ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are FL people stuck up ?
  Yes we tottaly are and we have reasons
  eh its a on and off thing for us
  Whati am not like that !
View Results

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:17 pm
Zelexia
Are you so sure she won't agree with me? cat_stare
Edi's my best friend in the whole wide world. emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:39 pm
It seems to me that everyone is the same everywhere. You're going to find stuck up people everywhere you go, unfortunately. However, some people are more or less sheltered from that type of trait. I think sometimes depending on if you live in a city or a more rural area, that will have a contribution (or lack there of) regarding interactions with shitty people.  

Pink Cogs

Fuzzy Wolf

violentraine

IRL Bloodsucker

7,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 pm
I live in a place where people from up north like to live down here for the winter. We call them "snowbirds". And they are ALL the meanest people I have ever known. But the people who are from here, or live here all the time are actually more friendly than where I grew up in Ohio.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:54 pm
I was born and adopted up North before moving to Florida at a young age. While us "snowbirds" can be mean, it is not like that all the time. I like to think people have control over how they react to others, including rude locals and tourists. It would be easy to see why some individuals always seem rude during tourists season, though.  

Duronva Sol

High-functioning Allegiant

7,000 Points
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tundra Brawler 100

Crystabella Rayne

Unholy Bibliophile

9,600 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:49 am
I gotta say, when I moved to FL from Ohio a year and a half ago, the friendliness of Floridans really took me by surprise. I distinctly remember being out on the island and a couple stopped me to say they liked my shirt and comment what a lovely evening it was. I instinctively held my purse tighter and thought "what do they want?" (I didn't say that out loud, of course). Where I came from, you never approach a stranger unless you wanted something or were gonna cause trouble.

The snowbirds, on the other hand, have almost always been rude, self entitled pricks. Not that I can blame them too much; we live where they vacation. I'd feel kinda salty too, haha  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:35 am
Enchantress Crystabella
I gotta say, when I moved to FL from Ohio a year and a half ago, the friendliness of Floridans really took me by surprise. I distinctly remember being out on the island and a couple stopped me to say they liked my shirt and comment what a lovely evening it was. I instinctively held my purse tighter and thought "what do they want?" (I didn't say that out loud, of course). Where I came from, you never approach a stranger unless you wanted something or were gonna cause trouble.

The snowbirds, on the other hand, have almost always been rude, self entitled pricks. Not that I can blame them too much; we live where they vacation. I'd feel kinda salty too, haha

My view as a Floridian, born and raised, is that most folks are pretty nice. It's a bit more difficult to be nice when dealing with aggressive and fast-paced people. However, it's too hot to stay angry here, so I just forgive them and move on most of the time. I hate the idea of rushing, to where? It's better to savor life at our own pace and enjoy it as we may. That's more or less my plan anyway. 3nodding  

Zelexia

Barton Lover

47,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Team Rina 200
  • Cheerbringer 100
Gaians of Florida

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers