Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply The Official Pokemon Guild
Season 4 on the Battle Spot: Inverse Battles

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you excited for Inverse Battles?
  Heck Yeah!
  Uh... not really.
  Meh, I might try it if I get around to it
View Results

Hunter of the dusk

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:23 am
So, with Season 4 on the Battle Spot coming soon, they've announced that the Special Battle rule will be Inverse Battles, so we can finally use that rule against other players (even if it is just on the battle spot). I'm actually pretty excited about it, since it first off was something that was only possible with a single NPC in the game, but also because I want to see what the "Top Pokemon" become. Steel types will now suddenly have 11 weaknesses, so a lot of the steel types that get used a lot suddenly become a major liability. Normal Type moves are suddenly super effective against 3 types. Ice is suddenly only weak to Ice, with 4 resistances, making it ideal for a defensive set. More than anything, though, is that most types will now be weak against themselves, making Mirror Matches a lot more fast-paced and dangerous; you can now fight Fire with Fire and actually have it work.

Anyone else excited to have this option? Any thoughts or comments about what you think will be a common trend, or which pokemon you think will excel at this particular battle type?  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 am
This is the first I've heard about it, and it sounds pretty fantastic. Sort of like driving in a foreign country when everything's flipped over.

Or living in some kind of mirror world... pirate

Definitely going to be a lot of people second guessing themselves.  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

The Official Pokemon Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces