Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
{PRP} Auspacious Journey (RP Logs - Padme Jade & Cynder Song Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:44 pm
(RP Logs for Angelique DelaMort's Padme Jade, Cynder Song, and Chrysoar Leafsong)

User ImageUser ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:46 pm
”You take that back, you over-educated, fire-eyed…..ugh, ferret!” Jade growled slamming her hoof down in disgust. She simply could not believe that this mare had just waltzed on up her and started saying all those things. It was just rude!

Cynder Song let out a measured, yet still exasperated sigh, “Calm down, and…ferret, really? That’s what you use for an insult?”

”See,” Jade huffed and rolled her eyes, “There you go again, insulting me!” She turned her nose up in the air and snorted, “You really ought to learn some manners, you’re just lucky I’m in too good of a mood today to teach you any, even though you sorely need them.”

”But….I didn’t insult you,” Cynder tried to reason with this mad mare. Honestly she was beginning to question why she’d approached the spirited female in the first place. All she’d meant to do was to give a brief compliment and then ask some questions about the various decorative accessories the mare wore. But she’d barely gotten the compliment out before the female had begun yelling at her!

”You’re really going to deny it?” Jade asked with a blank stare of disgust. “That’s just sad. If you’re going to go around insulting people then you would at least own up to it.”

Cynder was thinking that she should have just kept on her own path but she was already this far into the situation. The least she could do was try to make sense of it before…anything else happened. “I truly meant you no harm,” she began slowly, attempting to select her words with care. “I merely noticed your unique dressings and wanted to pay you a well deserved compliment for maintaining such articles of antiquities in such pristine condition.”

”See!” Jade yelped and looked around as if for some other witness to the events taking place before her very eyes. Of course there was no one. Not even that angry blind guy she’d talked to a few months back. Typical, there was never anyone around when you needed them. “Listen, I don’t need to take this. All this an- that and pris-this. If you can’t say something nice, you don’t need to say anything at all.”

”An-what?” Cynder blinked a few times before she realized what the vibrant mare was saying. “Antiquities refers to items from a past time period. I haven’t seen masks like yours in this area before, I thought it was a sort of family heirloom or something of that nature. And Pristine only means that it is well kept. Your accessories are Beautiful, I only wanted to say so.”

”Wait…” Padme Jade blinked a few times trying to process the information and determine if this mare was just lying to save face. “So all that was just saying my stuff looks good?” She couldn’t deny it was true, Jade knew she had her own unique style that was all her own. Still she wasn’t used to random strangers coming up to her and telling her so. “Why didn’t you just say so?” she questioned suspiciously.

”To be honest,” Cynder said with measured words. “I thought I did. But I am sorry for the confusion. I’m Cynder Song, and I’m new to the area, so maybe you can cut me some slack?”

”Maybe…” Jade granted slowly. “But you gotta watch yourself, you’re gonna get in trouble around here if you keep acting like that.” She grinned as a brilliant idea popped into her mind, “I’ll tell you what, you gonna be in these lands long?”

The mare had to pause for a moment before she gave her answer, not truly knowing it for herself. “I believe so, at least for a little while. I’m something of an explorer, always looking for new lands, new adventures, you might say.”

”That a fact?” Jade asked with a grin, a plan coming to mind.

Cynder nodded and replied, “You?”

”I’m a bit of an adventurer too. I can’t sit still too long and I like to see new places and get myself out of scrapes, it helps keep me sharp,” she replied tossing her mane back. “So what do you say?”

”To what?” the fiery mare asked puzzled.

”You and me, team up,” Jade laid out. “Partners – at least until something better comes along. Trips are always more fun with company, don’t you think?”

Cynder pursed her lips in consideration of the mare’s offer. She had been on her own for a while and that was not always of her own resolution. Perhaps company would not be so bad, at least not for a little while. And this mare did seem to think that she could handle herself in tight spots, a requirement for any traveling companion of hers. “Those that walk my path,” she started in a warning tone. “They don’t always…finish the path.”

Jade huffed and rolled her eyes, “Please…I can handle anything you can. So what do you say, deal?”

Cynder tilted her head in amusement and put forward her front hoof, “Sure, at least.” She added with a half grin, “Until something better comes along.”

”Oh yeah,” Jade laughed tapping her hoof with her own. “The first hot guy that comes by and you are on your own, sister!” She stopped mid laugh and stated, “I….don’t know your name…”

”Felicia Ferret,” Cynder replied without missing a beat and after taking a moment to enjoy her new companion’s falling face she grinned. “Joking, I’m Cynder Song.”

”You should have stuck with the ferret name…” Jade said sticking her tongue out. “I’m Padme Jade, you can call me Jade, Ferret Face.”

”Great, I can tell this is starting off beautifully. What an auspicious journey we’ll have…”

”There you go again, just say, you’re having a great trip,” Jade said nudging her new travel buddy. “So which way are we going?”  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:38 pm
"Why did we decide to go this way?" Jade whined as they trudged along through of all things a Desert! How did they even find a desert? For the longest times it was woods and then grassland but before they could understand what was happening the grass all disappeared and they were standing in sand. And the most annoying part of all is that know it all mare didn't seem to care at all. Honestly, she could at least be as disgusted as I am, she thought to herself miserably. But no, Cynder just kept going step after step without hesitation. Now Jade prized herself as a tough mare, but this chick was ridiculous.

"I believe you were the one who said, "Away from the rising sun, I don't want the sun in my eyes, and let's go This way!" It had seemed like a reasonable plan from the outside and had led them across various terrain that she had enjoyed taking in throughout their journey, however the latest leg of the walk had out the mare in a foul mood. Yes, their water was a little in short supply and that sun that Jade had protested so much did seem to burn a little brighter here, especially as it was reflected off the sand, but it was nothing that the pair of them couldn't manage. "The desert will not last forever," she said placidly. "Perhaps another day or two at most."

"Another DAY OR TWO!?!??!" Jade yelped as she tripped and fell, right onto the burning sand. She frantically rolled back to her feet sputtering and groaning as she felt sand coating every part of her body that it had managed to miss before. "Are you insane?" She demanded. "We will not last another day or two out here! We will shrivel up and die long before we escape! And do you have to be so damn calm as we are dying?"

"We are not dying," Cynder replied calmly. "I know for a fact you still have a little water left in your pouch," she added shaking her head. "So I don't know why you're so upset over everything. Try to enjoy the sights, just don't walk too far away from me. The desert is home to many deadly things and I'd hate to see you get hurt."

"Deadly things! See! You are trying to get us killed!" Jade could admit that the heat was at least making her a little grouchy, but seriously? Deadly monsters and no water? She was supposed to be on this grand trip of adventure and here she was stuck in the middle of this desert with this crazy mare. "And that water is for emergency situations!"

"You seem to think this is an emergency..." Cynder reminded her dryly. "As long as you have that water, then everything must be alright."

Jade paused for a moment before scoffing, "That's not right!" She shook her head and thought that wasn't right at all. "You're just trying to keep me from totally freaking out. And I am totally freaking out."

"I noticed," Cynder shook her head. "If you are truly thirsty there are options we can take." She eyed a cactus a few feet to the side, "From there, for example. A quick slice releases the water this plant holds on to throughout the dry seasons. Anything you could want is around us. But you must calm down and ask for help before it can be given."

"Thank you, oh mysterious, prophet," Jade grumbled and looked with a side eye at the plant. If what Cynder said was true they had seen a fair amount of these green, prickly things along the way and they might just be able to make it through. "Fine...we have water. But are you sure you're not getting us both lost out here in the middle of nowhere? The hot, sunny, sand is everywhere....I mean Everywhere!!! Worst road trip ever!"

"We keep the sun to our backs," she said calmly. "It will help us keep on course and make it to our eventual destination. Which is for the moment, getting out of the desert. So calm yourself, dear Jade. We are in no danger here as long as we remain calm, there will be no death here today."

"Your never ending steam of calmness is maddening," Jade grumbled. "Do you ever freak out or get scared or experience....I don't know, anything that resembles emotions at all?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:05 pm
"Does annoyance count?" Cynder asked with a wry grin.

"Ha ha, very funny," Jade muttered looking out across the desert before them and noticing for the first time a distinctive change in the scenery. "Uh....Cynder..."

"I see it too," the usually clam Cynder cringed slightly as her normally cool voice betrayed a bit more of her fears than she preferred. Jade was skittish enough as it was and the mare did not even realize what was coming, but Cynder, no stronger to the desert, realized the danger that was quickly approaching with the swirling, dark wall that would soon be bearing down upon them. She cast her eyes over the landscape, searching out something that would provide them shelter. "Over there!" She said nodding to a rocky outcropping. The boulders were not tall, coming up maybe to the bellies of the two mares, but they would have to do. "Move quickly," she said breaking into a gallop. "We don't have much time."

"Wait!" Jade called taking off after her traveling companion. She didn't understand what was going on at all. Usually Cynder was all placid and smirks, but for the first time since she'd met her, Cynder was expressing an emotion - Fear. "Woah, Cynder, slow down!" She called after her struggling to keep up. "Whatever that thing is, it's miles away, we have plenty of time for you to slow down and tell me what's going on!"

But they didn't have time, and Cynder knew this all too well. On her last expedition to these parts she had been over taken by another wall of swirling sand and had been separated by the rest of her party. Sadly it had not been a simple task learning to survive in the desert and she certainly would have perished if some of the desert creatures had not taken pity on her. She refused to count on being so fortunate again. "Get down," she instructed when they reached the outcropping. She reached over to Jade and pulled a cloth from the mare's pouch, one of the supplies she's insisted they'd need for this journey. "Put this over your face," she said firmly. "Eyes, nose, mouth, ears too if you can."  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:20 pm
"Cynder! What are you talking about?" Jade demanded wincing as the winds started to pick up around them, pulling little flecks of sand along with it that pelted the two mares. "Why are you freaking out-bleh!" she spat as sand worked its way into her mouth.

"Cover up!" Cynder uncharacteristically growled from beneath the folds of her hood that she'd rearranged to cover her face. "The sand can choke you at it's highest point - it's going to get hard to breath, impossible to see. I don't know how long it will last but no matter what don't get up, stay where you are. You could get lost forever in this storm."

Jade bit her tongue and moved the fabric over her mouth and nose, but couldn't figure a good way to get it up over her eyes and keep it there in the buffeting winds. The sand bits were Really starting to hurt by now and she had to close her eyes tight against the swirling storm. And Cynder Knew about these things? What had that crazy mare gotten them into...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:06 pm
Cynder kept her head down and her body curled closely against the small rock outcropping. She could feel the constant pressure of Padmé Jade's body against her own. At the beginning of the sand storm she had heard Jade mutter frustrations into the cloth but soon enough even those were silenced. The storm seemed to go on forever, it was impossible to know how long it lasted, but eventually the pair was buried beneath the sands and in time swirling winds began to die down. Then the process of digging themselves out began.

The mare struggled to move beneath the think layer of sand that had gathered over the pair during the course of the storm. It was heavy and made her feel sluggish, a novel experience for the typically fast paced Jade. The whole ordeal was made even more difficult from the lack of oxygen she was experiencing - the air was hard to breath with all the sand in it, then the sand covering her face had made breathing all but impossible. Her head was admittedly swimming a bit as she pushed it through the sand into the air - gasping for breath as if she'd just swam up from the deepest part of the ocean. "What...the....hell Cynder!" she gasped breathing deep. "What were you thinking? You knew those things come through here? And you didn't bother to say anything?!?!" By this point she was shaking her head violently trying to move the crusted sand from her eyes and shake it from her mane. "Unbelievable..." she muttered pulling off her mask and trying to rub the sand off the carved wood. Her efforts were futile, with every other part of her body so equally covered in the dastardly sand.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:57 pm
Cynder did the best she could to drown out Jade's ranting. She took stock of their situation. The sand storm seemed to have abated completely and moved along on its path of destruction. She removed and shook out her wrap, knowing full well that it would take several washings in a clear stream to remove every miniscule grain of sand that was embedded in the ebony fabric. Until then she would have to manage. And persuade the remaining sand to dislodge from her mane, tail, and coat.

She shook herself out although most of her efforts were futile. The sand coated her completely. She knew the storms were a possibility when they traveled this route, but she had never seen such a horrible storm before in her experiences. This one had been fierce and strong. If they hadn't been stuck practically shelter-less in it for so long she might almost admire it. Almost.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:06 pm
As Jade finished her tirade she took a deep breath and let out a chest rattling cough. "What..the- is this stuff in my lungs? This is disgusting!" she coughed again and really wished they had more water on them. Maybe she shouldn't have bulked so much when Cynder suggested they pack a little more for this leg of the journey. But when she signed up for this adventure she didn't know it was going to be death defying quite so soon.

At that moment she was a little annoyed that Cynder seemed more concerned about her stupid scarf than the fact that they had almost died. "Are you even listening to me?" she demanded with an ineffective hoof stomp into the ever shifting sands. "Cynder!"

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:13 pm
"I hear you," Cynder replied absentmindedly as she gazed upward to get the location of the sun and try to reorient themselves. They still had a ways to go and would need to resupply soon. However the skies were not in their favor as the sun indicated it was mid day and gave them no clues for directions. As much as she hated traveling blind, they would have to pick a direction or sit and wait. Jade didn't seem like the sit and wait option. And her uneasiness wasn't doing either of them any good. "All life comes with some risks, and things worth doing seem to come with even more risk. That is the way of things. And I thought you liked adventure, Jade, that you lived for it, in fact."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:22 pm
"Yeah, live for it," Jade growled pacing restlessly. "I don't really want to die for it though. I have a few other plans before I bite the big one, you know! Crazy mare..." she snorted and kicked at the sand in frustration. This was unbelievable. She had better things to do than get bogged down by sand in all of this mess. "And what have we seen any ways? Sand! Sand, sand, sand, and more sand. I could live with never seeing and sand again. Stupid sand! Now I can't even properly enjoy the beach - just the idea of sand invading every portion of my body again makes me queasy. Ick!"  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:01 pm
"Come now, Jade," Cynder coaxed and she worked to gather their gear. The sooner they got back to traveling, the better. "Do go back to the beach any time you like, you'll see the sand textures are very different between here and there and you'll be able to tolerate the beach sand without too many problems, I imagine."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:05 pm
Jade wrinkled her nose somehow doubting that different types of sand could vary so much. Regardless, she was still angry about the whole situation. She removed her mask and tried to shake off the sand and sighed realizing that the feathers that lined her beloved mask were going to have to be replaced. It would take her forever to find birds with the right colored feathers. Jade wasn't much into fashion, but she hated to see her beautiful accessories torn and tattered like that. "Now where are we going?" she demanded.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:33 pm
"Back on our way," Cynder answered calmly. "You wanted to see strange new sights, new lands, correct? Well this is how we do it. Some traveling is involved, not always the most pleasant choices or paths, but really the journey is the most important part, don't you think?" She glanced sideways as the lime mare's face colored slightly and chuckled inwardly. Jade was certainly an entertaining traveling companion.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:40 pm
Jade growled in frustration and picked up her own pack to follow after Cynder, still shaking sand out of various orifices that she'd rather not think about. "So where are we going to?" she asked again. "Be specific," she clarified after a beat. Yes, she had signed up for wild adventures and going off to see the world but whirl winds and sand traps were not part of the bargain.  

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Angelique DelaMort

Moonlight Phantom

12,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:47 pm
"I was thinking the distant mountains," Cynder replied nodding ahead. "For now they look like little bumps in the distance. But another day or so and they'll grow and grow..." She shifted her pack a little, "And to satisfy your parched throat the mountains usually have streams leading down from them, I bet we're going to find a nice little lake there in the shadow of the mountains. The shadow should keep the water from evaporating making it quite delectable to drink. Once we get there," she continued. "We'll find a nice cave and maybe rest there for just a little while." She glanced over at the weary mare, "I think we deserve it."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff