Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]
[PRP] This'll be a mistake. I know it. (Parisette & Lalaith)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:58 am
User Image

Parisette was adorned in a multitude of colours, her normally blue fur basically a rainbow. It was useful having a daughter who was a artisan! She got all her paints and accessories for free! Which explained the splotches of colour all over her fur and the feathers adorning her hair.

Her smile was bright and cheerfully as she trotted through the pride's area for the players. She wasn't rehearsing for anything, but instead, making up her own storyline. It just had to have drama and she would be happy. She wasn't sure of the ending yet, but it was likely that someone was going to die...in the play, of course, not in real life.

Though, despite her royal heritage, there wasn't a drop of purple dye on her body. She'd never cheat her colours that way, and plus, being a royal would be kinda boring, even just pretend. She preferred her way of life; it was far more fun.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:48 am
User Image

Lalaith hadn't spent much time with the players of the pride, mostly because he was a bit reserved and thought they would be over-bearing for him to have to try and deal with. He was easily rattled and tended to be more than a little shy, most of the time. Perhaps it was just proof that he needed to be better at conversing with others. Honestly, he couldn't say he was much of a scholar. How could he learn new things if he never talked to anyone? There was only so much he could gather from looking at the mountainside and making observations.

His mother would be so disappointed in him. She had stories coming out of her ears, while he barely had the history of the pride down.

Sighing, he wandered around the main area of the pride, where the player's liked to gather in the large clearing. It seemed fairly empty at the moment, with the exception of one lioness. She was brightly colored, but it looked as though it wasn't all her natural coat. A trip to the artisan, then?

Swallowing a knot that had almost instantly gathered in this throat, he wandered over to her. "Hello!" He offered brightly, "um... it's.... it's a nice day, isn't it?"

Smooth.  

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:00 pm

It would soon become apparent as to why Parisette was a player, because as soon as the male focused his gaze on her, and dedicated attention her way, she blossomed into an even more flamboyant and cheerful personality. Her smile doubled, and her eyes sparkled with mischief. This male was certainly not a player! But his colours were divine.

"Well hello there!" she greeted brightly. "It is such a wonderful day, yes! Perfect for a little make-believe!" She laughed, and flicked her tail which was, at the moment, coloured blue, red, green with a splash of yellow.

"What brings you out here?" She asked. "Looking for a show, or wanting to try your hand at it yourself?"

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:07 pm
Lalaith shifted awkwardly at the very thought of being in a show. It sounded like a great way for him to make a complete fool out of himself! No, he wasn't nearly as talented as the other members of the pride. All he could do was remember things and tell others about them. No making things, no pretending to be something else, no singing or dancing- he was not a male of many talents.

Though he wanted to be.

"Ah! N-no! I mean, I would love to, but I don't have the skill... I was just looking to see if I could find out more about players and the things they do! I'm a scholar, you see, so I like to collect information, even about my own pride."

He smiled awkwardly and hoped it didn't make him look too nervous. "I'm Lalaith."

Velveteen Angel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:29 am

Aww, he was cute. Awkward, but cute, Parisette decided, giggling to herself. She liked it. It was a nice change from all the cocky, sometimes arrogant players that floated around the pride in places. He seemed earnest. "Ahh, I see! You just want to pick some brains and see how the other half lives," she teased lightly with a laugh.

"My name is Parisette," she said with a low bow and a cheeky smile. "I'd be happy to answer you questions if you'd like! I know a bit about the pride, and I do love being a player." Well, she had been born into the pride, and raised around nobles, so she should know a thing or two. She much preferred to talk about her job though; way more fun.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:09 pm
Lalaith smiled. Then, seemed to be struck by something, his smile fading as quickly as it had appeared. "Parisette? I know that name! You're one of King Bwana's children, right?!" He was shocked. Of course he had learned about the kids Bwana had brought with him to the pride- the cubs that were not the queen's, but still very loved by the family. He had learned all about it when he had been researching their king.

He hadn't expected he would ever have the fortune of speaking to one of those lions, though! He had thought they were all too busy to be out... being normal. But then, he knew not all of them had purple, and some had picked other ranks beyond noble just because they wanted to.

So maybe he had been a bit silly.

"Well, it's an honor to meet you, and I'd love to know what you were working on just now!" He had to not be a total spaz.

Velveteen Angel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:34 am

Parisette's smile faded a little bit at his comment, surprised that he would know her name. She was a non-purple noble born, so it was a bit odd. She very much took after her mother, rather than the King. "Indeed I am," she said brightly, her smile picking up. "Don't worry, I won't tell dad you didn't address me as 'my lady'." she joked, with a wink. She had never been referred to as that, so to her it was clearly a joke.

She glanced down at her multicoloured fur and giggled. "Oh, I am just playing and seeing what new stories I can come up with. My youngest daughter, Parachichi, is a wonderful artisan and quite handy with dyes, so I am always in good supply." She flicked her tail, the fluff at the end a bright yellow colour. "I'm not sure what this story will be, but it's going to be dramatic."

Cajanic
Sorry for the delay! D: RL ate me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:41 pm
Lalaith had to wonder if he was making a giant mess of things. Blurting out her name like that- she must have thought he was absolutely insane! But he knew alot about the pride, and it wasn't like he wouldn't have learned about her at some point down the line. Maybe he just needed to consider using a modicum of restraint while expressing himself.

He was a little embarrassed now, especially since she seemed so calm and jovial about the whole thing.

Chuckling softly, he nodded. "I appreciate that," he joked in return. But wait- SHOULD he be calling her 'my lady'?!

"Oh, your daughter?" He said lightly, "so, you have a mate, then?" Now why was he asking that? It wasn't exactly prudent to his studies. "Err, I mean, you don't have to answer that, of course! I was just.. .curious...." He smiled.

"Dramatic is good," he added, if only to change the subject quickly, "something about murder always seems to go over well with the crowds."

Velveteen Angel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:58 pm

She glanced down at herself, not aware of his little freak-out inside his mind. She was inspecting the paints that adorned her, looking for any fading or smudging. Parachichi had done a good job! It looked like they would be on her fur for a while longer. Excellent!

She glanced up with a look of amusement at his question. She crinkled her nose in a faintly childish gesture. "Mate? No, ew. Commitment." She laughed, knowing she sounded a bit weird. "I prefer to live in the moment more than get tied down." She smiled at him, with a wink. "Plus, you meet so many more interesting people when you're not tied down!"

She laughed, a free and unconcerned sound. "Oh don't worry. I am very honest. Ask me anything you want! I wont get offended." She smiled, warmly. "Anyway, technically Parachichi is my adopted daughter. I found her lost in the forest and she was around the same age as my own cubs, so she blended in so well." Although Parachichi was bright green, and the rest of her cubs were blues and whites. Still, she fit.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:44 am
Lalaith laughed. So she didn't like to be buckled down? He supposed he was the same. "I know what you mean," he chuckled lightly. Though it wasn't because he thought it was 'ew', really. He just hadn't considered it before. Not with his work and all the traveling his did to gain knowledge.

It seemed like having a mate would just make that lioness unhappy, and he didn't really want that.

"You're right! I love to explore and gain knowledge. I would feel bad for my mate if I had one, you know? I don't think I would be able to give anyone the time they deserved. It's much nice to just enjoy the moment then ask anyone to suffer for me."

Lalaith frowned. He had heard about the cubs that had come from the forest, though he hadn't been a part of that excursion. He had heard that it happened every now and again, and was due to happen again pretty soon, actually. "That's nice! I'm glad she was able to find a nice place to live- it seems like she had a very good mother!"

Velveteen Angel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:47 am

Parisette grinned, nodding along with his words. "I understand completely! I like to visit the rogue lands some times, and I would just feel bad if someone was at home waiting for me. I mean, how mean is that?" She chuckled to herself, smiling at him. Finally, someone who understood!

Some thought her odd for not wanting to settle down. She had her cubs, they were enough for her. She didn't need the constant fretting that a mate would surely do.

"Aw you're sweet," Parisette told him, with a warm smile. "I love being a mother. I think it's more my calling than being a player!" She laughed. It was weird, but raising cubs was her favourite thing - teaching them, guiding them and then setting them free to find their lives and their passions. It was beautiful to her.

Cajanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:45 pm
It was rare that someone agreed with him. His mother was always telling him that he needed to find a nice mate to settle down with. She even said she didn't care if it was male or female, as long as he was happy and with someone he cared about. But what if that wasn't the sort of thing that made him happy? She didn't seem to understand that not everyone's idea of a perfect life involved finding a mate like she had.

He was glad she was happy, of course, but that didn't mean he felt the same thing was going to make him happy, too.

"I've always liked the idea of producing offspring," he commented lightly, "you know, getting the genes out there and the next generation and all that, but I don't know... I think I wouldn't make a very good father for the same reason I don't think I would make a very good mate! It's nice that you like cubs, though. I'm sure you would make an excellent mom all over again! I'd trust you with my cubs!"

Err. That was awkward.

"Um, I mean. Uh. That didn't... come out right..."

Velveteen Angel

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:42 am

Parisette couldn't deny that she was a bit taken aback by his words. They did, after all, appear to come out of nowhere. As he spluttered and tried to explain his meaning, she eyed him in contemplation. He was awkward about cubs, but he did seem nice. It wouldn't be a bad mix, and their coats would make interesting babies. Perhaps she would even have a cub like her Parachichi.

She smiled at him, and nudged his cheek with her own, hoping to get him to stop.

"Play your cards right, good sir and you just might," she said, with a playful wink and a laugh. It wasn't like a small fling in the pride would be a bad thing, what was the chances of her actually getting pregnant from a fling in the pride?

They'd have their fun and part ways, and she would go on being herself, and he would go on being himself. Simple.

Cajanic
Sorry for the delay! We can wind this up soon if you'd like c:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:28 am
Lalaith smiled faintly when she spoke, though he was still feeling very embarrassed with himself. His thoughts had gotten away from him and he had said something out loud that he should have kept to himself. In his mind, it DID seem like a good idea, all things considered. He wanted cubs, but he didn't want a relationship or raising them... and she liked cubs and also wasn't looking for a relationship.

It seemed like they could both benefit from something like this. Still, it didn't mean he needed to be blunt about it. Though... it seemed like she had the same train of thought.

"Perhaps we could go somewhere and talk about this more?" He offered awkwardly. If she said no, well, then he had been wrong. If not, then they had a lot of things to discuss!

Velveteen Angel
sounds good. XD This could be my last.

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Parisette giggled at the awkward male before her. He was funny, she decided and she enjoyed his company. He was odd but odd suited her. She wasn't one for relationships; she never wanted one and she was happy to be on her own, but he seemed nice enough.

"Sure, follow me," she encouraged with a warm smile, and a flick of her tail. She walked past him, leading him away from the populated area. She wasn't sure what they would talk about, but she had a feeling they would be able to come to some sort of agreement.

She couldn't help but find herself musing that a little blue cub with his vivid blue eyes would be quite adorable as she led him away to discuss.

Cajanic
Fin!

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces