Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:16 pm
User Image

There were a few days travel between the Wolf and Bird Clans, but luckily it was much quicker when you could wing it. And Galiha was a determined little bird, especially when she was angry. The farther away she got from the secretive Wolf Clan, the more conflicted she became about the whole ordeal. She ought to have noticed something was up, they all should have.. but she didn't like that they had lied to her face for days. She'd agreed to this knowing that she would be suspected of being a spy, but ending up in a clan with something to hide was a shock. She'd have an even harder time shaking the shady circumstances of her arrival in the clan now.

She was finally closing in on the Bird Clan, and she was grateful for it-- but she had no idea how long she would get to rest after rushing all the way out here. And, of course, she had yet to locate Skan or Tawa'di.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was always too much to do, and the wanidatsi did his best to keep on top of it all. He was constantly in discussions with his father about how better to handle the Ela'wadiyi as a whole, because they were split up for nearly the entire year. How could he know if something went wrong with a clan that was completely across their lands? The solution had been birds, his clan's namesake.

Birds. Spies, allies, access points, whatever you wanted to call them. They were the key.

He felt a bit sorry for his new feathered allies, as many of them weren't as accustomed to the lions' ways as they should be, but Skan needed them. They got their assignments, and he didn't' expect to see them for moons, if not until the next Sky Festival. Oh how we was wrong.

Skan was conversing with his son Makal, the black lion not looking too pleased about something. Skan sent him on his way, turning to find a cool shady spot to rest his feet and mind for a short while.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:33 pm
Strangely, it was Makal that caught Galiha's attention first but not far from him she could see the much more familiar form of the wanidatsi. Taking a deep breath, she changed her path and headed straight for Skan. She'd already had plenty of time to organize her thoughts, now she just had to follow through.

When she reached Skan's shady spot, she circled a couple times to gather up her nerve before she descended.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:21 pm
"Hm?"

Skan's ear twitched, his feather earring rubbing against his mane as he listened to the call. He felt his stomach sink a bit as he realized he recognized that voice. It hadn't been more than a week, perhaps, since he had sent his birds away on their tasks. One already returned to him, and the wanidatsi dreaded what news the little avian had brought to him.

He finally raised his green eyes up, just in time to see her land. Galiha, assigned to Wolf. This was a shock.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:33 pm
With a tired chirp, Galiha landed at the wanidatsi's feet and swept into a brief, respectful bow before straightening herself up.. and ruffling her feathers rather than speaking right away. He was surprised to see her, she was disappointed she had to report back to him so soon.

"The Wolf Clan's alu'nadi is missing," she said sternly, "I don't know how long she has been gone, but they've been hiding it. They have no alu'nadi and their little nvwati is hardly suited to lead them."

Not yet, anyway. She had spent quite some time with little Ukahada as the lions tried to distract her from trying to meet the absent alu'nadi. The whole situation explained a lot about his behaviour-- at least, she hoped it did. Not that either of them would be able to trust the other for a while now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:47 pm
"What?" The words hissed through angry lips, and Skan suddenly felt a surge of anger sway him from his comfortable position. It was as if he had been struck by lightning. How had he not seen this? He should have, but something must have prevented the vision. Something. Just...Skan was furious at this point and time, and it was important to remind himself that Galiha was just the messenger.

"Dangerous," Skan replied, trying to pull back the venom in his voice. "Something happened, and I fear for what it may have been."

Perhaps these lands weren't as safe as Skan believed them. Perhaps things needed to change...he didn't know yet.

"I must go to them, to see with my own eyes. I cannot believe this."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:54 pm
Though she trusted Skan, she did not trust his anger and she wisely hopped back. She felt a rush of confidence, seeing how seriously Skan was taking this. Whatever fondness she had let herself believe she had developed in her few days in the Wolf Clan has gave her a touch of guilt that was not so apparent until now. She'd done the right thing, this was as bad as it seemed.

"They spent my first few days with them distracting me, refusing to introduce me to her," she explained, hopping along back and forth before him, pacing in her renewed frustration, "When they finally confessed they said they'd been searching since before the festival but they didn't want to alarm the pride."

What a mess.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:01 pm
Skan growled. "I'm sure the Wayas meant well, but the didn't take the smarter path. We will leave in the morning...I need to sort things out in Bird clan before going to confront...whoever is acting as alu'nadi." He was certain that no one was trying to take that spot without first letting him know, but someone had to act as alu'nadi or things may fracture.

"A rest for you would be well. I'm certain that either my mother or father will follow along, but plans..." Ugh. This was certainly not what he wanted to deal with right now.

"Plans are important, and Dohi at the very least should know what is going on." Hiding things from his own alu'nadi, even if she was his daughter, would be a mistake.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:15 pm
Galiha stopped pacing and turned to look at Skan as he spoke. She clicked her beak thoughtfully, glaring at his giant paws as he started planning. She knew enough about the Bird Clan to know who and what he was talking about, and after the ordeal in Wolf she was rather glad to be back here. Somewhere relatively cheerful and familiar.

"You make your plans. When you're ready to go don't worry about looking for me, I will follow," she said with a huff, and then a sigh. At least travelling was easy enough, though the idea of resting now was very welcome.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:56 pm
"Good," he replied. "I will see you at some point."

He turned to leave her, intent on finding Tawa'di to craft a plan. They were going to be spotted before they reached the Wolf clan, and so they had to have their stories straight when they reached the clan. Skan was angry, and he was going to need his father to reign him in. Drawing in more fear was only going to make things worse, but Skan couldn't help but feel angry. Why did they hide it? The sooner everyone knew, the sooner more search parties could be sent out. The possibility of finding Tsi'hilu would have been greater. But also...Skan felt uneasy. His strong visions were much like his father's, and they were used to help him guide and protect the Ela'wadiyi. No vision had come to him...was he losing his powers? That unease wasn't settled by the fact that after him...there was no guarantee that the next wanidatsi would be a seer.

Now would be the time to figure out a strong way to guide without a single peek into the possible future. And it was terrifying.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas