Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP] Workaholics Anonymous (Barley/Orchid/Creme)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shortcutt

Mega Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Go out, they said. Make some friends, they said. Do something, just get out of the damn kitchen-- You're going to work yourself to death, they said. Yeah. Whatever. Banana Creme had ignored her family's warnings to go and enjoy her time out of Cloud Nine's kitchen, or suffer the consequences. She had shrugged them off with a half-hearted 'okay', but her brother especially had stepped in and said enough when she had spent the night in the bar's kitchen, having accidentally fallen asleep face-down in the cupcakes she had been working on for hours. Pink Lemonade had kicked her a** out of the bar and told her to go home and get some real sleep, and that she would call her tomorrow if she decided that her little sister had relaxed enough to get back to her own work.

The call she had been expecting came earlier than thought, but she was excited to head back to the bar, nonetheless. There were no customers in the bar, and around a table sat Pink Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Midnight Snack, and Sunny Delight, all with at least a slightly concerned look on their faces (well, FP looked more tipsy than concerned, but he was there, regardless). Ahh, the glory of an intervention. 'You're working yourself too hard!', 'You're practically taking over the kitchen...', 'You're too young to be breaking your back like this!', '...PL just told me to come and give you a stern look, so.'

It had all gone so horribly. Creme had denied every ounce of her apparent 'workoholism', genuinely irritated that her family and bar family would think that she would go after her purpose in life with less wild abandon... But then the threat came. Pink Lemonade had banned her from the bar until further notice... Unless the youngest mare went to a stupid meeting for workaholics. With the fear of having 'her' kitchen taken away, Banana Creme had complied, and that's what had landed her in her stupid seat in the back of the crowded room of phonies today.

".... Please, just be over soon. I want to get back to the kitchen... I have so many new ideas-- This is just ridiculous..."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chocolate Orchid had never once intended to come to any meetings like this, yet here he was, standing in the crowded room looking for a seat. He really should have seen this coming he supposed, with his past behind him. He'd always been a workaholic, spending as much energy as he could in his little kitchen in his chocolate shop. Even as a colt he had spent a good portion of his time in the kitchen, helping out his mom in the shop. So it'd only make sense that when he grew up, he'd devote as much time as he could to his chocolate creations! His family, however, didn't see eye to eye with him on this. Already, he'd had his keys to his shop nicked from him countless times by his family in an effort to 'make him go out', which had worked for a bit. He'd met Barley Pop on one of those days though, who was in a similar situation, and they'd both secretly traded spare keys and that had ended that.

Those good times had come to an end though when his brother had walked in on him in the kitchen one of the days he shouldn't have been there, sleeping in between tempering a batch of chocolate. Not only had he gotten the biggest chewing out of his life from his mothers, brother, and younger siblings, but he'd been sent to his meeting with the threat that if he didn't go, he'd be banned from his shop for a month. Both sets of his keys were being held hostage unfortunately, Barley's key with them, and he just hoped that she wouldn't need it as he stepped further into the room.

He didn't see anyone familiar at the meeting-although he didn't entirely expect to-as he scanned the room, opting to take a seat back near the back by a young looking mare with an interesting hat. Focusing only on the time, he only heard the tale end of her sentence, but the word 'kitchen' perked his ears. She did seem to smell faintly of sugar and Orchid turned to her, saying "Hello, did you mention a kitchen? It seems I've been banned from mine myself." He smiled, completely oblivious to the chocolate that was still on his nose from an order he had finished earlier that day, supervised by his family of course.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

Tristam Lockhart

Shameless Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:41 pm
PeanutButterpies
I am sorry!!!!

shortcutt
So very very sorry!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Barley had seen this place before once. Maybe twice, or seventeen times. Her family could make her come how many times they wish, it didn't mean she had to follow through with the rest of the meetings. She gave a nod to some other regulars here and there as she trotted around looking for a space to sit in. It seem fuller then usual.

Saying hello to another regular, she couldn't help but regret getting caught sleeping with cleaning supplies inside one of her fermentation tanks. So she had a late night again, nothing to worry about. Her brother had no right to call their mother. Oh well, she'll just do as always, go to one or two meeting (so long as they didn't get int he way of her projects), and get her family off her back. Then back to her normal routine!

Besides, it didn't hurt to catch up with the others, always nice to keep tabs on who had new connections to supplies outside of Phonyland. The course's director would be very mad if they knew she was using the after meeting mingles to supplement her business contacts.

Barley grinned to herself before stopping at the familiar sight of pinks and yellows. That was...a new one. Approching the stallion, she smirked. "Don' tell me ya got caugh in the kitchen on yer day off!"  
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games