Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Newbies ftw. - Cami and Jasper Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:56 pm
He was just coming out of his room, adjusting to his –awesome- new coat, putting the goggles on just to feel how they fit and looking rather enormously pleased with himself and the wide zippered coat, which had already been dubbed the ‘Kingdom Hearts- Final Fantasy Hunter Coat’….

He adjusted the scarf, a very ‘fashionable’ pre-tattered thing that he half wondered if it had belonged to someone else before him or if they just KNEW he was going to destroy the poor damned thing.

“Aw yis….” He said straitening the coat again. “Jasper Bahzian, monster hunter…”

nesshime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:13 pm
This was the worst part of the entire thing, bar-none. Milly hated her basement room, hated that there was no way she'd yet found to move to one of the less dark non-basement rooms. She spent hours, as many as possible, haunting one of the upstairs common rooms until someone very pointedly mentioned how she ought to sleep. In her room. As in not on the couch.

She'd snuck only one night on the couch before being rather pointedly told to go back down to her room or regret it. So there the redhead was, standing outside of her dungeon room, trying to pep talk herself into going inside and going to sleep. Maybe she could even get Kidana to lecture her to sleep!

What she didn't expect was someone to pop out of the room across the hall from hers looking quite smug and incredibly satisfied with himself, as well as everything around him. Laughing under her breath, she grinned. "Camille Ryland, Sun trainee."

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:28 pm
nesshime

“AH!” He exclaimed and then stood stock still for a long pause before pointing at her with an almost accusatory tone. “POISON IVY…OR HARLEY QUINN!” He demanded, standing with a ram rod strait back and arm outstretched as far as he could reach to point that demanding finger.

“NAME… NOW… If we’re going to room next to each other you choose or I chose!” He said sounding commanding for all of as long as it took for the smile to break in again. Wild eyed and enthused still for all that they were still living in a basement with some –really- creepy rooms near by.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:40 pm
Eyes widened as she blinked, slowly, trying to process what had just been shouted at her. Why did it matter? It wasn't like she didn't understand the reference, she was raised on an island not in a nuclear bunker, but why did it matter right now? "Woah there, space cadet. Why not bring it down from the...twelve-ish that you're at to like an eight and try again. Why am I choosing between incredibly sexy, intelligent arch-villainesses from Gotham?" Maybe if she demonstrated her knowledge he'd calm down a bit.

Maybe? Hopefully? A snort sounded in her brain < You have a lot to learn about this place, Camille. He's probably the most harmless of what you're going to encounter. > Which was a good thing for Jasper, not so much for Cami. Overly-excited guys weren't anything new but if she was going to have to deal with people who might potentially be violent? Aggressive? Not exactly her forte. Vanessa Ryland had taught her daughter how to defend herself but, somehow, said daughter didn't think she'd be very safe with her rudimentary skills.

Toying with the ends of her braid, a nervous gesture, she blew out a breath. "I'm not going to make a choice unless you tell me why." Simple.

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:46 pm
nesshime

“Beeeecause nicknames.” He exhaled. “I already claimed batman, weapon NOT withstanding, and we have a VERY cranky Alfred, andddd we have Iron Man, but you LOOK like you could totally be a very very badass Ivy, OR an amazing Harley… it all comes down to who you fit best.” He nodded.

“Now…I may not seem very batman –now- but I can totally do the deep gravely voice under stress. I admit that the weapon I got totally suits Nigma more BUT… I called batman, and you just can’t go backsies on that kinda thing.”  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:56 pm
Eyebrows raised at the rambling explanation she got, appreciating more and more the choice before her. It wouldn't be the first time she had someone who referred to everyone they knew by crazy nicknames and it seemed that Jasper had a better outlook on Deus than she did. Then again, Cami would have bet her bow (sorry Ki) that he wasn't afraid of the dark. Leaning against her door, enjoying the company and using it to bolster her confidence for later that night when she awoke in the dark, the young woman grinned.

"Well puddin' you can just call me Harley." One eyelid dropped in a wink, braid tossed to the side in a gesture that would have made the cartoon character proud. "While Red's a gorgeous lady she's just a little more of a green thumb than I am." A wicked gleam lit her eye as she leaned forward to tug at the goggles hanging around his neck. "And honestly, Batsy, don't you know superheroes need to be wearing their mask all the time? Gonna give yourself away like that." Kidana's long sigh in her head made her only warm that much more to the bombastic role, especially since she could hear the quiet laugh at the end of said sigh.

The revenant could pretend that she was above all of Camille's antics but the woman knew there was more to the ghost lady than that. She could feel it! Never mind that Harley was actually one of her more favorite villains. Brilliant and insane? Perfect!

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:15 pm
He held up a hand to do a ‘brofist’ “Harl it is then! Please do meetcha Harl!”

“Besides, I mean…. How many people saw Batman without the mask and totally knew who he was, the pont is you fight him to take down his legacy, fighting him without the mask up…
He put the goggles on and posed.

“Without the mask up you’re just killing a man, kill the man AND the mask and you kill a legacy, yes you run the risk of others taking his place but that’s ALSO part of what makes Harl, amazing, she and Ivy are sort of charcoal on the grey scale of batman in that I totally dig what they do to womanizing s**t heads…SO … yeah hi.. I sorta… I think they caffeinate those pods or something cause MAN I am wired and jived and all the good stuff.”  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:49 pm
Nerds were adorable. Something about them always made Cami want to reach out and hug them, laughing the whole time, because they were always so damned enthusiastic. Apparently she'd stumbled upon a comic nerd who had decided that Deus was an island full of superheroes. Thinking of the word triggered a memory of the nearly-albino Bix who'd been there when she herself had come out of her pod. He'd also considered them superheroes.

Harley Quinn, however, was perfect. As Batsy'd said she was charcoal on the scale of gray. Not good but not wholly evil, either. Whimsical and utterly fearless in a way that she only wished she could be. Certainly the dark-skinned woman held her hand up for a fistbump, pausing a bit at the mention of a pod. "Wait, so you're super-fresh meat? Wow, I feel so much better! I've only been out for a few days but I just feel like I'm wearing a sign, yanno?" Her eyes glinted.

"Welcome, newbie."

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:11 am
nesshime

“And welcome to you too newbie!” He grinned back and offered a hand. “Your hair is –badass- by the by.” He nodded in approval towards the purple fade at the ends of it. “Yeah… fresh out of the pods though, like superman but not allergic to green rocks that are mysteriously only radioactive to HIM in the early comics.” He rolled his eyes and grinned before pulling the goggles back down around his neck.

“So… I saw monsters for ages and wanted to start up a super hero team in my home town, which yes…people –actually- do that.” He grinned. “The insurance fees are hell though, What about you? What made you say yes to the nice people in white coats Harl?”  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 am
Lifting a hand she made the gesture of turning a knob down. "Eight. Remember, we agreed on an eight." Fingers ran through the end of her braid as she lifted it into the dim light of the basement, wondering if she shouldn't drag him upstairs as her companion. No one was going to throw her out of the common room if she was actually using it for its intended purpose, right? "Thanks though I don't think it's going to be badass for long. I guess it's hard to come across dye here on the island." Which was bogus but whatever. It'd get worked out!

His question about why she was here on the island startled Camille a bit. "I don't...I mean." Pausing, she blew out a breath. "Look, I'm not proud of it, but I'm afraid of the dark. Ever since I was little I just felt like there was something waiting out there. They told me I could make the dark safe..." Eyes flicked around their dismal surroundings, a little shudder sliding through the trainee. "I'm guessing they meant it eventually."

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:21 pm
nesshime

“Sorry! The dial has a hard time turning down!” He put his hands up to placate, I swear I’ll be more serious if we have to do a fight…”

And he was more serious when she told him why she was here, he even looked, thoughtful for a moment.
“Well Hey, we’re neighbors, you get worried you come beat down my door, nothing messes with the BATMAN.” He grinned at her.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:27 pm
A finger drilled into Jasper's chest for a moment to emphasis what Camille was about to say. "You'd better be more serious! I don't want to have to start calling you Spidey or something, because you can't keep your head in a fight!" Peter Parker had his moments but most of them seemed decidedly coincidental and/or a deus ex machina.

Realizing where her thoughts were going she snorted a bit before shaking her head. "You wouldn't have a door left if I did that, Bats. I'm trying to find a way to get myself upstairs asap but I might have to actually go all archvillainess to do it." A gleam of wickedness, the joke apparent, lit her cornflower eyes. "Sunlight will be miiiine!" Laughing, she slipped her door open and looked inside.

As far as basement rooms went this one was one of the better ones. Dusty boxes were the only offense and, inside one, she'd actually found an extra blanket. It was old and a little thin but it was really nice on the cool nights she was not yet used to. "Don't be afraid to knock if you need a box for your Batcave, though. I have surplus."

endejester

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:28 pm
nesshime

“Oh come on… I’m totally more Deadpool, if there was a fourth wall I was aware of I’d totally be addressing it. Besides, there is a total difference between being overly energized on the first day of KAIJU HUNTER school, and being unable to keep my head in a fight, you watch, you watch! I’ll prove it!” He nodded.

“Assss for windows, I wonder how they feel about… sorta, tunneling.” He mused and rubbed his chin pondering like he had some kind of sagely beard to stroke as he considered.

“What do you think? Escape hatch AND sun provider!”  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:50 pm
Cami had been preparing to shut the door on him, to curl up on her bed and try to get some sleep because her eyes had been burning. She was really quite weary after the endless days of weapons practice as well as tagging along behind whatever advanced hunters would have her as their shadow. Mentioning the pinnacle of sci-fi cinema in the past five years had her at least leaving the door open as she threw her weight down on the bed.

Staring up at the dank ceiling of the basement bedrooms she snorted in very unfeminine fashion. "We all wish this was kaiju hunting school! Then there'd be hugeass robots and we'd be heroes. Instead we get to operate in the shadows. Like secret agents!" Her opinion of this was not very high. Secret agents were secret which meant that somewhere someone was taking all the glory for this. "People don't seem to understand that Halloween exists. I barely knew it existed except to be afraid for it. The therapy they put me in?" She shook her head. "It sounds glamorous but I'm just not sure." Her look around them was pointed.

"I mean, if we're so heroic, why do we have to sleep in a damn basement? And I'm pretty sure there's a room over there with blood everywhere and a skeleton." Eyes narrowed. "And I'd like it to stay there, Batsy." Burrowing didn't seem likely but she wasn't going to discourage him. "What are we escaping from?" That was interesting though.  

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:23 pm
“Hey don’t knock it till you tried it… I mean they are still boarding people in basements! And they store tablets in caves…maybe we don’t quite have the budget for robots yet, but instead we get to ‘drift’ permanently with weapons who talk in our heads!” He tapped his head and grinned. “You could SO turn this into an anime, heck, look at your hair! You’d be a main character!”

He looked thoughtful for a moment and then added. “Also we’re in the basement because that’s where the bat cave is, or in your case Arkham” He winked.

“Esacape though, that’s sorta up to us isn’t it, maybe it’s escaping boredom! What do you think?... Also I kinda want to see that room.” He mused.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff