Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] "Happy Family" (Dysi, Maleficar, Star & Athena)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm
User Image

Dysi was actually content with his life at the moment. It was rather startling to him - after all the drama he had gotten into throughout his life, he had found a place to be content. His paws still ached to wander, and he knew Maleficar would allow it - but he always wanted to return to her. It was surprising.

He liked the rogue life, he liked the wild life but heaven-knows, he loved his life with Maleficar. He had a few cubs from his past fling, two little boys that he'd claimed from the amazon he flung with last, which was a nice change. He wasn't used to having sons. But he liked that too...

Of course, the high-light of his life at the moment was his beautiful lioness daughter who had returned to him - but he had a feeling that she wouldn't stay long.

He smiled at her as he approached, she was lounging by the side of the nearby pond, her paw dipped into the water.

"Hello darling," he greeted happily.

User Image

She glanced up as her father approached, offering him a gentle smile. "Hi Daddy," she greeted, nuzzling his cheek as he laid next to her. She loved being home but it was strange, she missed the feeling of being in a pride. She missed being secure - she knew her daddy would protect her if something happened but all of her bad experiences had been in the rogue lands.

"Where's Maleficar?" She asked, curious.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:14 pm
User Image Maleficar was having a wonderful time watching Dysi. From the moment he had started off to see his daughter today, she had started stalking him. She was like a shadow, silent and prone to disappearing. It did not hurt matters that Dysi was easy to stalk. He was not quite as paranoid by nature as she was, so she used that to her advantage as she moved. She was not sure what she was going to do other than scare the hell out of the other leopard. She might pounce on him, she might leap out and make a loud noise, but she had not decided yet. There were just so many options.

It was not that she did not love her pansy leopard. Maleficar did love Dysi. She just also loved tormented him and keeping up her scaring the heck out of others skills. Besides, the sneaking and stalking was part of what mad her a good hunter too. She lined up her pounce perfectly and just as the lioness spoke to Dysi, Maleficar went flying from her hiding spot, and decided to just barrel him over and sit on him. The dark leopardess looked quite smug as she sat on her mate. "I am right here... Someone was not paying attention again." She half closes her eyes.

User Image Athena watched the watering hole with interest. He was not sure if he wanted to make his presence known or not. He knew the leopard that was approaching it, but not the lioness, so he kept his silence and lurked under the nice shade of a rock outcropping. He did not see the dark form stalking them until it was too late, mostly because he was too busy admiring the young lioness with his friend Dysi. The fluffy male lion came out from under his rock quickly, but calmed when he saw the female just sit on Dysi. He was still a bit worried, though, because he knew her.

"Watc... out... well, that is something new for you, Malli. And here I thought you liked to eat male leopards with a side of hare?" Athena laughed, but there was still a tone of worry in his voice. The joke could get him in trouble, but he was more concerned with the very dainty leopard under the evil twit. Athena had crossed paths with Maleficar a few times over the years, and they had a... uneasy friendship. He had helped her out a few times, and she had agreed not to harm him in turn. But regardless of that agreement, Athena knew exactly what she was, and evil, twisted female that loved to torture other creatures.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:32 pm

Dysi had opened his mouth to respond to his daughter when his mate came out of no where and barrelled him over. He flopped to the ground, the weight of her pressing him down. The air was thrown from his lungs but still, he laughed. "I need to start watching my tail, I think!" he said, amused. She was getting too good at stalking him.

The sound of another's voice, a male, got Dysi's attention. He peered around his mate, and perked up. "Athena!" he called out, cheerfully. "How are you, you delightful ball of fluff?" He hadn't seen the male in a while, but he did like how cuddly the big lion was. It was

Star squeaked a little as Maleficar flew out of no where, her nerves already frayed at the core. This was why she hated the rogue lands! There were dangers everywhere, and even Dysi couldn't tell that someone was following him. She whimpered internally, but placed a little, nervous smile on her face.

When someone approached, she tensed a little, casting a nervous look at the male. He seemed friendly though, and Dysi seemed to know him too - and he seemed to know Maleficar? She hoped he was friendly then. Else this would end very badly.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:23 pm
Maleficar nipped at Dysi's ear. "You should never stop watching your tail, Pansy." She sparred a look for the fluffy lion and sniffed loudly as she turned her nose up at him. "Hare is not worth the trouble to make a side, though Dysi would be delightfully tasty and tender." There was a bit of mirth as she looked down at the white male and licked his face. "Definitely tasty." She was never happy to see Athena, but then she was rarely happy to see anyone besides Dyis. It really was nothing against the fluffball in this case. She and he had no unpleasant encounters, so that at least was in his favor. "I thought balls of fluff tumbled away in the wind, but you seem to be under paw at every turn."

Maleficar let Dysi up and stretched lazily. "So Puffball and you know each other, Pansy? Why am I not surprised... oh yes, because you both are softhearted little things..." She pokes Dysi gently in the chest and purrs at him. She did love her little softhearted leopard and loved to make fun of him over it. She watched Athena, closely, knowing that he would attack her if he thought she was going to harm someone. She had learned that the hard way, and the fluffball could hit pretty darn hard. "Athena, Pansy here is my mate." She relaxed a bit when Athena visibly relaxed. She really did not want scars from a fluffball of a lion.

Athena was very relieved to hear see and hear a softness to Maleficar that meant she told the truth. It was a bit strange to thing of HER with Dysi, but opposites attracted in some cases. This couple had to be one of those. There was no other explaination for the two of them, in the lion's mind. He padded closer and gave a little bow to the lioness. "I am Athena, a harmless old fluffball. I do hope you are not looking so nervous over me." He had a feeling with the way she was looking at him that she was, though. He wondered a bit at why, and thought it might come back to his knowing Maleficar.

If this female knew anything about the leopardess, then Athena could understand why she would be wary of anyone that was associated with her. "Cloudpuff, I did not know you liked such... difficult females. Mally certainly is not an easy creature to get along with let alone tame." The bit lion hoped that the leopardess could be tamed. She was scary in ways that Athena did not think should exist. Maybe Dysi could make them not exist again. that would be very nice in the big fluffball's opinion.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:28 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

Dysi laughed, lovingly gazing up at his mate. She was rough around the edges, but goodness she could make him laugh like no one else. He licked her cheek in response, "not nearly as tasty as you, my dear," he insisted, and heard Star groan off to the side. He glanced over at her, apologetic. "Sorry darling, this must be gross to you."

He glanced back at Maleficar and Athena. "Ah yes, we met many moons back, he's quite a good cuddler when one is lonely," he smiled cheerfully. He never had cared about gender when it came to one to cuddle, or one to share his den at night. He purred a little at the introduction as her mate though.

"She's a good challenge," Dysi threw out to Athena, cheerfully. "She certainly makes my life far more interesting - I wouldn't trade her for anything." That was a rather startling idea to Dysi himself, because he realised that it was true. He wouldn't change her, or trade her for anyone else - even the one who had broken his heart to start with. He purred, and licked her cheek gently.

Star was rather grossed out by the displays of affection, but a small smile was on her maw anyway. She was glad that her father had love in his life, but she was rather sad to think that she was on her own now. Even her father had moved on.

"I am a bit nervous of everyone these days," Star said to Athena, hoping to reassure him that it wasn't necessarily him. "I am not used to the rogue lands anymore, I have to admit. It's all a bit strange." She glanced down at her paws and then back up. "Oh forgive me, I am Star. I am one of Dysi's daughters." She explained, smiling at her papa.

She knew the species thing was rather strange to most, but she had never thought much of it.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:09 pm
Maleficar reached over and tugged on Dysi's ear with her teeth. She was gentle with him but the point was clear. He should not be so flattering to her. If she were lighter furred one might have seen a bit of red showing through her cheek fur. If one looked really closely the grey marking on her one eye and down her cheek did show this, but not very well. One thing was for certain, this soft leopard made the female do things she had never thought she would ever do. She was becoming such a softie because of him and she was not sure she regretted it.

Maleficar looked over at Star. "Don't be nervous of the puffball he's harmless... unless one counts a knack for charming females into giving him cubs... although he is a good father, strangely enough." She swore Dysi was rubbing off on her too much now. She was complimenting OTHERs not just him. And here she had been worried about him rubbing off on her light colored cubs... perhaps it was not they that the leopardess should have been watching out for. She licked Dysi's cheek again and leaned on him.

Athena nuzzled Star gently. "The roguelands are not all bad, especially if one had someone to travel with. I have Zenobia and some of my cubs around me to share things. If you are one of Dysi's daughters you must truly be a gem." Okay so he was being his normal charming self. He was not going to admit that Maleficar was right about him, but he was showing that she was all too well. He couldn't help having a soft spot for... pretty much everybody. It was just who he was.

"I am Athena. I'm a friend of Dysi, an acquaintance of Mally, and generally just an old fluffball and lovable male. The females that have given me cubs will all agree to the lovable part... though some of them might say I'm too lovable." Athena shook his fur to puff it out more and chuckled. Having someone to comfort brought out the best in him. He loved helping others, male or female, and something told him that Star needed all the comfort he could give.  

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

Dysi smiled at his mate with clear affection on his face. He could see the colour on her cheeks but he made no mention of it, not wanting to draw attention to it but he did love the expression. She was adorable, and he did adore her.

"Athena is quite harmless," Dysi assured Star with a smile. "He is like me, except in lion form and far fluffier." He chuckled, and nuzzled his mate adoringly.

Star was startled by the nuzzle from the strange male, tensing and watching him cautiously from the corner of her eye. She could hear that he was harmless a million times over, but her former pride had literally scared the fear of males into her quite severely. She blinked.

"You are lucky to have a family to care for," she said awkwardly, shifting away a little bit, closer to her father. It was not that she disliked Athena, she was just...cautious. He was a stranger, and that was weird. She couldn't cuddle strangers, she had barely cuddled her mate before the pride disbanded! It was weird.

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:58 am
Maleficar reached out and poked Star. "Go make friends. He's much like your father, I'm sure you will like him." If she could get Star occupied then she could drag Dysi off to the den they had nearby. She liked Dysi's daughter, more than she would have when she first met Dysi, but she wanted to have some time with her mate to work on that family he and she had discussed. They catted around outside their relationship often enough, but Maleficar felt they should have some cubs together.

If the leopardess could get Star to find Athena's company pleasant, then Maleficar could get Dysi into a den and work on what she wanted. If the leopardess failed at that, then Dysi would be too busy watching out for his little girl to do what his mate wanted. She loved her mate to death, but some days she wanted his attention all to herself. Today was one of those days.

Athena shouldn't pout, but he wanted to help Star. The fact that he had scared her more than comfort made him deflate a little and he did pout. "I am not nearly as cute as you, Cloud puff." The big lion was a puffball with the cutest little pout on his muzzle as he found a rock and made himself comfortable on it. Maybe when they left he could nap, for now it would be his sulking spot. He had how many cubs and he still sulked like one himself. It was quite comical.

Athena wished he knew what he could do right in this situation, but he was pretty sure at this point he could do nothing. He hated not being able to do anything. It didn't matter how much Dysi and Maleficar were encouraging Star, the big lion saw the way she just edged closer to her father. The lion was part of the strange roguelands that she did not like and so he was not going to get anywhere with her. It was enough to make his fluff sag.

Velveteen Angel

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:13 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

Dysi frowned a little at Maleficar's dismissive nature towards Star. He knew she didn't mean it that way, but his daughter was quite lost at the moment, and he felt guilty about pawning her off on the other male. He knew Athena wouldn't mind but he still felt a bit guilty. Still, he knew why Maleficar was trying to shoo her away, and he appreciated that.

"Perhaps you could go for a walk with Athena, and he can show you some of the rogue lands; he's harmless and it would do you good to get out and about for a while." He encouraged with a small smile.

Star hesitated, glancing at the couple (acting quite couple-y) and the strange male who stood before her. She sighed a little, but nodded. "Ok Papa Dysi," she agreed, slightly reluctantly. She glanced towards the male, and rushed to reassure him, "It's not that I'm reluctant to spend time with you, it's just I'm not a huge fan of the rogue lands."

She felt bad cramping Dysi and Maleficar's style. Maybe they could use some time alone.

She rose to her paws, and glanced, first to her father, then to her new companion. "Uhm, shall we?"

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 12:02 pm
Maleficar noticed her mate's frown and licked his cheek reassuringly. She was certain that he was frowning at her and she figured that she probably deserved it. The leopardess usually managed to give her mate a reason or two for disappointment when others were involved. She knew that was the way of things, but she tried to do better when she could. In this case, she thought it was best to keep her mouth shut and let Dysi handle this whole thing now that she had dug a bit of a hole. He was already making his daughter feel better, so that was a start.

Maleficar spared a small smile at the way Star tried to reassure the big fluff of a lion. The two should have no problem with getting acquainted with each other and hopefully Athena could be a new friend for the lioness to enjoy out here. "A few friends to help you would be a good thing." The leopardess really had no idea of the truth of her words, since she was a bit more of a loner herself. She just wanted Dysi and his daughter to be happy, no matter how weird it sounded coming from her. Maybe she could get those cubs she wanted and give Star a place with helping to care for the little things.

Athena gave the lioness a grin and fluffed himself up again. He was going to enjoy her company immensely while they took this walk. He was glad she came around to the idea of some time with him, even if it was under some odd circumstances. Maleficar encouraging this was certainly not even close to normal in any sense of the word no matter if she was with Dysi or not. It was more than a little disturbing when the fluffy lion thought about it very long.

Athena needed to keep his thoughts on the task at paw and focus now, though, since there was a beautiful female in need of his attention and kindness at the moment. He could not help feeling a bit like a knight in shining fur as he bowed to the other lion and waved a paw for her to lead the way. "Perhaps if you become accustomed to the rouge lands, it will be a lot easier for you. I believe Mally has a valid point that you would benefit from a couple of new friends who are willing to help you. I hope I can be one of these."

Velveteen Angel
I think we can call this good here

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out