[PRP] Again we meet (Whinny & Trevelyn) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:24 am
User Image She hadn't meant to strike a nerve. His sharp abrupt tone caused her to blink and pause. "I'm sorry.." It was all she could mumble as she allowed her nose to sink into the grass. She picked at it, her appetite having been forgotten. The conversation had gone terribly down hill.

The more she thought about it, the worse she felt about pushing at continuing the conversation. She stepped to the side taking another nibble as she kept her nose n the grass, breathing in the scent of grass and earth... She could do it.. shrink and hide.. just wait till he couldn't see her.. Perhaps even leave in the process.. But she couldn't bring herself to do it even as she thought about it. Still, she continued to pick at the grass in silence.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm
Well, now Trev officially felt like an a**. He might not be a conversational genius, but he didn't have to be to hear to dejection in her tone as she apologized, or see it in her body language. He had meant to avoid an unpleasant subject, only to end up hurting Whinny in a totally new way. This was exactly why he had always tried to avoid mares, so he wouldn't hurt them; he'd probably spent a maximum of two of three hours with Whinny, and he was already inflicting verbal wounds. Yes, he was an a**.

Once again, he sighed; this time, however, it was a sigh of self-directed exasperation. The sigh not going far enough to discharge his frustration, he followed up by delivering a pounding kick to the ground, kicking up a large divot of dirt and grass. It still didn't go far enough, but it was a start. Violence had always had a sort of soothing effect on his spirit.

"Damn it, Whinny, I didn't mean to upset you." Swearing. That was certainly a good way to smooth things over, Trevelyn you idiot. "Damn it at me, not damn it at you. I'm just...not good at this." Not the best apology, but a start?

lysia_nyteblade

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 7:28 pm
User Image She flinched lightly and looked up. "I understand.. I hit a nerve.. and I'm sorry I kept prodding at it." She nibbled at a stray blade of grass as she thought. "Look.. I'm not going to say it didn't make me feel like an awkward turtle.. because it did... but.. That's part of life.. you fall you pick yourself up and you learn from your mistakes and grow from it." She fluttered her wings.

"Life kicks you some times.. maybe a little harder than you'd expected.. but.. It's how we deal with things that help us grow. It shows us who we are capable of being..." She shook her head and finally looked at him directly. "I'm not angry.. And I understand.. I'm likely not the first person you'd come to with any problems.. after all we just met not too long ago." She managed a small smile. Not everyone was an open book. "Cheer up.." She chuckled lightly. "A smile won't break your face you know." She teased lightly.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm
Perhaps it was petty, but it was a relief to Trevelyn for Whinny to admit her own faux pas. It was a bit easier to go on talking when he wasn't wallowing along under a lopsided load of guilt. It was even easy to smile, albeit a smaller one. And a slightly puzzled one! "Awkward...turtle? I'm afraid you have a bit muddled, Whinny; I don't think I've ever heard that term before. Though I have to say I've never seen a turtle that didn't look awkward, whatever the context." His smile widened a bit then, into one more relaxed and good humored. Once again, his fangs peeked out at the corners, but there was no threat in the gesture.

Then he paused, and he added, "Thank you for not pushing." Not pushing any farther, but there was a big step to acknowledge the pushing to begin with. He would take his victories where he could.

lysia_nyteblade

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:10 am
User Image She grinned wider. "See.. not so hard.." She chuckled a little. "Awkward turtle.. well I suppose I thought of that.. because I felt like a turtle that had been tipped over.." She frowned. "And turned over turtles.. they're always so...." Her wings gave a flailing motion as is to demonstrate what she meant. "They're awkward usually but.. turned over.. they're more so.."

Her withers gave a shrugging motion. So.. family was a topic to avoid.. certainly for herself, but for him as well. She nibbled at some grass, looking for some sort of topic to turn to that wouldn't hit a nerve. In some way it was like walking on a few egg shells.. but then.. could she really talk? She wanted to avoid some things herself after all.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:20 am
Well, Trev supposed he could see the awkwardness in that scenario; though if he was to be really honest, he'd have to say he thought turtles were awkward no matter what. Ungraceful, slow, ungainly, there was really nothing about them to deny their natural state of awkwardness. However, he wasn't really one to debate semantics or the origins of expressions. And how had he even gotten on this train of thought to begin with?

Probably because 'awkward turtle' had 'awkward' in the name, and this conversation had long since entered 'awkward' territory. The awkwardness practically hung in the air now, blanketing Trev, Whinny, and the whole little grassy area with a tension that could practically be seen. Awkward, indeed.

"Well, then," he finally managed after a seemingly endless pause, "this is a bit awkward turtle, indeed."

lysia_nyteblade

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:18 am
User Image She looked up and giggles some. "Yes.. Awkward indeed.. Shall we find something to talk about then? Perhaps You might have a topic you'd like to discuss?" She gave him a reassuring smile. She knew the air around them had become awkward, it was plane to see to anyone who could have passed them by.

She stood watching him for a while as she gave him time to think. He was quite fetching, especially when he smiled. It was a curious thing not to see him flocked by so many mares. Shaking her head, she lowered her gaze. It looked like an almost shy motion from her though she was sure he wouldn't like to have her stare at him for such a long moment. Some felt more self conscious and the last thing she wanted to do was to make him feel even more uncomfortable.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:18 am
A topic he'd like to discuss...anyone but this one, within reason. There was no specific topic that came to mind, but anything would be better than the continuation of this awkwardness. Well, the continuation of the previous awkwardness that finally seemed to be going away.

Darn social interaction and all its awkward intricacies.

Still, he couldn't just leave things hanging like this. Otherwise it was going to go from awkward to creepy, and he'd have to beat a hasty retreat just to keep feeling clean. So he cast around a bit before finally settling on what he thought would be a hopefully innocuous topic. "So, you've been putting a lot of miles on your hooves lately, haven't you? Have you always liked traveling, or is it just more of a circumstantial thing?" After all, they were miles away from where he'd first encountered her, and she had travelled even farther before they'd run into each other a second time. She had to be in great physical shape!

lysia_nyteblade

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:50 am
User Image "I suppose you're right on both accounts." She chuckled some. "I like traveling.. wandering about... yet it's something that's been sort of a meanse to an end." She smiled thinking how to explain it further. "I've been looking for some one so.. I tend to cover as much ground in my search as possible..." She chuckled lightly. "Though even when I find her.. I'm certain I' still have the itch to move around. I've been wandering so long now I don't think I could stay in one place for too long." She hoped that summed it up enough.

Cajmera

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:46 am
Trevelyn nodded his head thoughtfully as he listened to Whinny's story. She had probably mentioned at some point previously that she was looking for someone, but this was the first time it actually clicked with him in the context of their meetings. She was wandering because she was trying to find someone, someone she didn't know where to even start looking; no wonder she was turning up in such strange situations. As a traveller, particularly a traveler with a mission, she didn't know the potential perils of the regions she was entering; whether Kalona, fire, flood, or who knew what else.

Suddenly, it all made sense!

"Well, I wish you luck in finding whoever it is you're looking for, but I also hope you're able to take time to enjoy the journey. I have no overwhelming desire to travel myself; in fact, this year has marked my first trip beyond the forest in years." This was very true; in the forest, he felt he knew every tree, every path; he could move unseen and unheard, a ghost amidst the greenery that no one ever noticed. It had been a nice existiance, if a little isolated. "But when I was younger, I remember venturing out past the tree line and wondering what else was out there."

lysia_nyteblade

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:46 am
User Image She shifted some from hoof to hoof. "I hope so.." Still she seemed some how unconvinced that she would. This land was still just so strange to her. "I some times wonder..." She shook her head lightly. "I see.. I suppose when I was still a filly I had an itch to just run as far as I could before returning... I use to chase the wind believing it could be caught till one day I chased it too far fell asleep and returned to find my home.. missing. The two-legger that had cared for me was gone.. And so.. I search where even my hooves will take me.. Perhaps.. my journey will come to an end some day.. for what ever reason.. But.. I'm glad to have been able to see so many different things and meet a few new faces along the way.. regardless of the issues I've found lately.." She chuckled some. She meant of course the attack and the fires. She paused, watching him a moment. "It sounds so... lonely.. Have yo ever thought that maybe you might wander again some day? Just... strike out and see where the wind and path takes you no matter how rarely trodden it might be?"

Cajmera

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 pm
((Note for Niss: Trevelyn has maxed stats))

Trevelyn was surprised, and a bit saddened to learn that Whinny had been on this journey for so long. He didn’t think her to be very old, but to have been looking for her family since she’d been a filly…it made him wonder just what could have happened to make them leave her like that. The part of him that had kept him alive for so long, the wary and cynical part, wondered if her search might not be futile, if her human might not have come to a tragic end while she was off running. That was the first thought that came to his mind hearing her story, not that she’d been abandoned.

Though it was difficult to say which was a sadder possibility. If she’d been abandoned, there was the chance for reconciliation; however, that left the question ‘why.’ If, on the other hand, something horrible had happened to her human friend, then there was no chance of her reunion happening, at least not in this life. The search gave her life a purpose, but at what cost?

Not that he was in much of a position to say anything, he reflected grimly, and decided it was best not to voice his thoughts on the matter. He was sure she’d already considered the possibility of something bad happening, there was no reason to bring up such negative thoughts again. “I wish you good luck on your search, Whinny…and I have thought about moving beyond the forest, yes. But the idea of living the life of a wanderer…that is not me. It could never be me,” he finished, shaking his head. He was just too much a creature of territory; it had become too much a part of his life for him to completely abandon it. “Still, I wouldn’t object to a temporary journey, at some point.”

lysia_nyteblade

Cajmera

Ruthless Phantom

lysia_nyteblade

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:21 am
User Image She gave a small nod as she listened momentarily. She could understand a desire to stay in one place, have some form of consistence in one's life. "Thanks." She gave another small smile. She likely could have agreed with his thought on the possibilities of her search being futile. But then the unknown was just that wasn't it? Always a mystery in what waited at the end and sometimes very futile. Still it was worth trying worth knowing.. if not for the sake of closure.

Pondering a moment longer, her ears flicked around as she listened to things around them before setting forward as she looked back at him once more. "You know... if you want, or feel up for it.. You could accompany me for a little while.. At least till maybe I find what I'm looking for? You seem to know your way about fairly well, and Maybe it'd help keep me from getting into so many... trips of bad luck I suppose. But... Only if you want to... You don't have to feel obligated in any way..and I understand it could wind up being more of a journey than possibly you'd be up for in length.."

Cajmera
I am soo sorry for the wait to this.. been working long hrs and it's been crazy as hell. Finally got slack enough that her muse popped up again

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff