Honkzilla

Alien Cat

12,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:11 pm
Titus looked around, "Well. Uh, I'm Titus."

He gave another short wave toward the group, "I know I don't talk all that much, but I uh, grow herbs. Mostly. I am partial to some flowers, if I can eat them without getting sick." A bit of a sheepish smile crossed his face.

"I do enjoy cooking a lot, um, if anyone wants to get something to eat and you're near my place, chances are you could stop in and I'd have something."

The heat rose in the Flutter's face as he spoke, he wasn't used to addressing a group of people, let alone inviting them to his place. Whether or not he wanted to admit it, he needed friends. Going insane from isolation wasn't high on his list of things to accomplish any time in the near future.

"So, yeah. I'd like to get to know all of you better if you'd like me to."

Tartara Seabreeze
Apologies for the delay, I've got a huge presentation in class I'm preparing for :3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 pm
She blushed warmly as what she said was actually heard and responded to. Especially by Lisian. At his mention of the seed she held hers close to her chest like a precious present. In a way it was, it being a piece of nature and growth. Just like their little tree and their clan. It was small now, but she foresaw a lot of growth to come. Exactly like the tiny seed in hand.

Her bright eyes flicked over to little Delyth, a truly nervous flutter. If Shaylee ever thought herself shy, it was apparent that she didn't really know what shy was! She gave a little giggle. "That's okay, we all have our strengths." Speaking of which, she didn't even do much gardening. However her experience was enough to be able to keep what ever she was trying to grow alive. "I like knitting. Blankets, plant cozies, scarves...It comes in handy during the cold." Another giggle, but this one slightly nervous as she admitted to a piece of who she was. But it was like Titus had said...this was a chance to get to know everyone.

Wolfs Heart
Sorry for the delay! Tara's been a lil down of late >.<

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:21 am
((I am squeezing in here. Been meaning to post in this RP, but a bit mentally fatigued lately so creativity was gone.))

User Image

The Queen of Forn Sheedhiel was aware of Lisian's little get together and wholeheartedly agreed that it was needed. The first celebration of Spring. She fluttered and bobbed in her butterfly form towards her small colony. She was so proud of them. Usually. With a shake of what appeared to be glittery dust, she grew to her normal size within a second to announce her presence. "I hope everyone is enjoying the warm sun and beautiful weather we're finally having." she announced with a smile.

"Thank you Lisian for arranging this celebration. I do hope everyone has fun, because it's back to work tomorrow. As many of you know, we lost our first crop of seedpods while we were in the tree. Our Harvester and Seed Tender seemed to be enjoying their cozy little nook a little more than they should have, and 6 of our precious young ones were taken away by the strangers. They're hatching. I don't know if they'll be able to survive because I don't know the intentions of these strangers. I would like each of you take upon yourself to watch over those precious young ones to ensure they're safe. Do not take them, unless you sense harm. And even so, you replace that sweet little paeterpillar with a changeling to not alarm the stranger. We don't need them to come tamping through the jungles and forests to knock down our trees and enslave us all!" Belwen might be a tad overdramatic when trying to make a point. A party was not exactly the place to be lecturing her colony, but they were all gathered at one place and the queen had to take the opportunity.

She glanced around at them introducing each other and laughed. "Silly Flutters. You were all hatched in the same nursery." She wondered if perhaps they were trying to start a new tradition of introducing themselves to each other at the beginning of each Spring as a tribute and rite to the renewal of the growing season.

She glided around the table looking at the lovely offerings and tasting things here there. Such thoughtful Flutters! As she looked back towards their precious tree; their home, her smile faded as she noticed cut branches. Her temper flared and she turned towards the colony. "Who was been cutting Sheedhiel? No wonder she has been in agony lately!"

"Wood Mender, would you please ease her pain?" She asked very sincerely as she flew over to the tree's injury and put her finger tip to the amputated branch.

So this was a party, business was done, so time to celebrate! "Let's celebrate the renewal of life and coming of Spring!" She raised her hands above her head and a rainbow appeared connecting them. As she spread her hands and lowered them, the rainbow grew. It was large enough that she set it above the celebration to add some extra color. And because she likes to show off her rainbows.

Grinning slyly, she picked out someone that looked like they needed a little bit of a boost of fun. Delyth. The shy wallflower. Perfect. Casually walking towards the opposite side of the table, keeping an eye on the shy girl as she talked to Lisian. A tiny little marble of color appeared in her hand behind her back. She tossed it up lightly and caught it, planning this move. She didn't want to embarrass her, but she wanted to loosen her up a bit. She tossed the ball towards Delyth with the intention of splattering her arm with a touch of color.

She did the same for a few others. Titus was a target, as was Lillian. Belwen found a half-empty bowl of fruit and put a large handful in her mouth before dumping the fruit on the table (should be safe to eat, just not as elegant or class). She filled the bowl with her tiny marbles of color. Anyone could throw them, and they'd splatter like chalk when they hit a target, causing zero pain. Whistling up in the air, with her back to the bowl, she slid it down the table to rest in front of Shaylee.

That little prank set up, she moved to stand beside Paradise. She slipped an arm around the girl's shoulders. "Little sister, I know it's troubling. We'll do all we can to ensure the safety of our next generation. Until then, we have more seedpods to watch out for and take care of." She gave the girl a little squeeze and a kiss on the side of her head. Then let loose her side-hug and just started to wander the area, keeping an eye on the party (to see who'd join in on the color fight) and also keeping an eye on the surrounding area. Who knows when those naughty Harn Flutters would stage an ambush.

Maybe she should plan one to pre-empt their ambush. She steepled her fingers together as she stared off towards the southern tree.

((So I butted in. >.> Belwen will normally use names in RP, however we need a Wood Mender, Seed Tender and Harvester. So any Flutters willing to take responsibility for these roles is free to do so, and I can make it all official.
Wood Mender - just like Takis in Laisidhiel, he's the Tree Shaper and intuned with the tree to know when repairs are needed and he can shape wood with his hands like clay.
Seed Tender - This Flutter is in the nursery and would know all future flutters born there, either 2nd gen or 1st gen seeds.
Harvester - This Flutter gathers the "ripe" seedpods and delivers them to the nursery. A seedpod is considered rip when the protect vines fall off and the silvery sheen starts to develop color.
Belwen will be watching her colony to point out her other positions. wink ))

Wolfs Heart
Sorry to have butted in on your turn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:42 am
Irish Night Fox
[your turn]

Paradise took a step back out of reverence as the queen appeared at the gathering. So far she hadn't been paying attention to the casual conversation and introductions that had been occurring around her, she had only just began to scoot towards them, but the queen spoke to everyone when she entered and Paradise listened to that.

If the queen knew the seeds were hatching, did that mean she knew where they were? Her words seemed to imply that she knew a lot more about the events that had happened. It made Paradise wonder if she would be able to find them if she looked, it was an awfully big island for such a tiny pae, and she had never even been very far from the tree anyways. Maybe the babies would be close though, whoever found them can't have traveled very far to stumble upon their tree.

Paradise remained silent as she let these thoughts consume her, they filled her with hope, and yet... she didn't want to build up that possibly-false hope either. Even with the Queen's welcome for them to celebrate it wasn't enough to put Paradise in the mood to celebrate.

She quietly watched the colorful game that the queen started, staying far enough away to keep herself excluded from it, although it was fun to watch as the colorful flutters became even more colorful. "Yes... I suppose you're right." Paradise agreed, her voice quiet and meek. They would have to work even harder to keep any future seeds safe. "What if more come looking for the seeds? There are now six strangers who know that they found those seeds here... they could come back." It was another troubling thought on her growing list.  

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 6:33 am
EDIT: ADDED JOB

OOC: Being gone a long time makes it hard to form a post again. I had to reread a few times to remember where everyone was rofl. I apologize if I mess up the placement of people...

Lisian nearly lost his seed as their Queen appeared before them in an instant. It jumped from palm to palm as he juggled it about, finally clamping his fingers down around it grinning sheepishly at Belwen, “Ah, it was my please, my lady.” He gave her a gentle bow of the head in a reverent greeting, but also in order to hide the blush on his cheeks from the awkward display he had just performed.

He kept his head down at her words, nibbling on the inside of his cheek as he thought about what they had been through. He supposed that is why everyone was acting so weird, especially those who had been neglecting their jobs. He felt a bit shameful thinking about his own distractions while protecting the tree (as part of the Tree Watchers). He was there on time and ready as always, but he found himself more often then not staring off into the Tree's branches wondering how they could have done things differently. Things just hadn't been the same since they had lost part of their seedpods and he mentally winced at their Queen's words. Not sure they would survive? He knew those words had to hurt her just as much as it hurt the rest of them, but he was thankful for the way she stood strong through all of it. He knew it had to be so because of her position, but it was still something to admire.

Yes, he would help watch over the young ones. It was the adult’s fault this happened, not the young ones. It shouldn't be they who suffered by the hands of these strangers. He'd do whatever he could to make sure they didn't lose their lives... The thought trailed off as he put a hand to his heart- it was aching at the thought of what they had done. How had they been so careless? And now they were hatching? He almost felt guilty for this party now. Should they not be with the small ones?

As quickly as their Queen had appeared she was changing the topic back to the party. He lifted his head, shaking it lightly, oh how she flitted about so. He felt a smile spread at the sight of her rainbow, its beauty easing over the ache in his chest. He felt honored that she would want to take part in such a small celebration, but she found it important which brought pride to Lisian. He wanted to ease the pain of the others just like she was.

His thoughts were shattered when a splatter of color hit Delyth's arm. He took a step back instinctively to keep whatever hit her from hitting him in return, before looking up into the female's eyes. When they didn't register pain, he looked back down at what had hit her. Was that... colors? His head snapped back towards Belwen and caught her just as she was tossing more colors at Flutters. He finally allowed himself to relax and grin. He thought something or some group had been at them.

“Ah!” he gave a small cry as the Queen dumped the fruit onto the table, rushing over to catch some before they could fall to the ground. He laughed softly to himself and shook his head, their Queen certainly knew how to lighten things up. After he placed the fruit back onto the table in a way that they'd stay in place he eyed the bowl of colored marbles that were sitting in front of Shaylee. He waited for her to make a move towards them or not before he slinked in around her to grab a handful. As he was passing he plopped one down on the top of her head before dashing away with a flutter of his wings.

He was grinning like a mad man as he tossed a few out at others. He lobbed a few at the group who were chatting, managing to hit Lillian with a small victory dance from him before completely missing Titus with the next color marble. He continued to toss a few more at the other male for good measure before turning to his next colorful victim. What he didn't realize was the next marbles he tossed at were aimed directly for Queen Belewen who had turned her back to the group and was staring off in the direction of the other tree. Lisian gave off a frightened squeak and made a beeline to hide behind Titus, but trying to play it off by talking to the two standing there, “Hey, you guys need to grab yourself some of these marbles! They're great!” He took Titus' hand and placed his last few in his palm, “Go ahead and toss a few at people!”

Twitchapher the 3rd
Guess who's back! Back again! =w=

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 pm
((Sorry to interrupt again, but I wanted to try and clear up a lil confusion.

I wanted the jobs taken to be a bit spontaneous and people just take what they felt fit their flutter, instead of going through a formal sign up and selection process. But there's been more interest in certain jobs than others. So here's a list of possibilities. Unless your name is noted beside the position, just pick one if you want it and mention it in your post.

Seed Tenders (which is combined with the Harvester, so both Flutters do both jobs interchangeably) - Lillian and Paradise
Wood Mender (Flora Mender - is the official 'healer' for all the trees, flowers and other important flora around the clearing that is beneficial to the Flutters survival.) - Titus
Tree Watchers (these are the sentries that look after, and protect the tree and Flutters -- can have multiple Flutters with this job) - multiple open
Gardeners (This is also a harvesting & growing job - consider it a gathering position too) - multiple open
Cook (main food preparer) - one open
Druid (uses nature's energy to heal all living things - this is an eventual position that will answer to Earthmother) - Delyth
Water Gatherers (gathers water from the nearby well when it's required - and yes, Flutters do not have indoor plumbing) - multiple open

When choosing powers for your Flutter, you can base the decision on their job or duties to the Trees. Flutters are considered Faeries so there is no category to roll for, just pick two related powers and post in the Faerie power thread.

These are not ranked positions, but jobs that need to be done for colony survival. Many can remain unfilled, with assumed "unnamed" pae tending them until a new Flutter fills it. New jobs can be created if there's a need so we can be flexible with what each Flutter does. The important thing is that they all have a responsibility to their colony to pull their fair share of the work load.

Flutters in Harn Sheedhiel will have same positions available. ))  

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Twitchapher the 3rd

Beeping Lunatic

18,840 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Super Converter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:18 pm
Lillian's heart sunk as their Queen appeared. Oh no. Her ears fell as she looked to the ground. She had been dreading this moment since she and Paradise failed their Queen. She had been out the other day to check on the seed pods and she could have sworn they were not ready. Then there were the odd strangers and-.

It was no use. She could make excuses in her head all she wanted. It didn't change the fact they lost the seed pods. Lillian could think of no greater shame then what she and Paradise did. They not only failed the colony, but their Queen. The guilt she felt was almost enough to make her be sick.

The stiffness seemed to disappear as their Queen spoke. Yes, they were all acting oddly. Perhaps it was the cold that muddled with their heads. Lillian lifted her eyes slightly to see the marble of colour fly by, hitting Delyth. She smiled slightly at the sudden colour. Her smile left her face once again as the shame she had brought to everyone. She didn't even seem to notice that she had also been hit with some colour. All she knew was she needed to speak to her Queen.

Lillian slowly got up and made her way over to the Queen. "Queen Belwen..." Her voice was small as she lowered her head. All Lillian wanted to do was to shrink and hide, even if it wouldn't change anything.

"I'm sorry...It...Was clearly a mistake to ask me to be a Seed Tender...I...I clearly.." She stuttered over her words for a moment. Her hidden eyes filling with tears. "Have proven myself to be...Unable to carry out the task." Lillian became quiet as she awaited her Queen's response.

o0_Daisuke_0o

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:15 pm
Placing her fingers together in front of her, Deylth nodded once, her eyes glancing about, as she listened to Shaylee. "Knit-ting...? That must b-be nice..." She smiled softly, bringing her hands instead to rest behind her. She seemed nice; perhaps it would be worth it to come out more. After all, it would be nice to be friends with more than just bugs (not that bugs aren't nice and all). "So, Sha--" she began, her voice cutting out as their queen appeared.

Queen Belwen...

She silently watched the ordeal with wide eyes, making not a sound. Seeds were lost?! Why had nobody told her of this. Not that it directly affected her, but all of them were once seedlings and if she had been lost from the tree, she likely would have been lost from it forever. Her eyes averted as the girl's thoughts raced, hardly noticing her queen's plots. It wasn't until a movement just before her caught her eyes that she raised her arms in front of her to sheild her, hardly much of an instinctive response, and was covered with color everywhere save for line over her eyes.

Her mouth went agape as she blinked and lowered her arm, watching as others were targeted the same. And there were more balls of color for anyone to throw?

What?

Oziandra
Sorry sorry! Been busy busy!

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Honkzilla

Alien Cat

12,675 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:08 am
The Queen's arrival had caught him off guard, he had to admit. Small as their community was, he still didn't expect Queen Belwen to bother with their small celebration. Oh, of course. How could he have missed that?

"I'm so sorry I didn't see that." the Flutter furrowed his brow as he hurried to the tree's injury, tending to it as gently and efficiently as he was able.

Completely focused on his work, he didn't see Queen Belwen reaching for one of the colored marbles, and though he would argue that his startled yelp was entirely manly, he couldn't guarantee that others would see it the same way. "Heh, that's pretty neat..."

A bit hesitantly he reached he moved from the tree, reaching for a few of the marbles and casually lobbing them at the gathered Flutters. Heh, well she did come here with these...

Half hoping to miss, he tossed one at Queen Belwen.

Tartara Seabreeze
So this last tag happened right in the middle of my finals and I completely missed it. I will be around and active more now though. So so sorry for the delay x_x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:47 pm
OOC: Not sure if the thread is really alive anymore <.<; but lets give it a go!

BIC: As she waited for a response, the female noticed a new shadow flicker onto the floor. Her warm eyes flashed up only to instantly widen. The Queen! IT WAS THE QUEEN! Her jaw dropped open in awe that the flutter would take the time to come by their humble little party. Soon however the awe was replaced with concern and sadness. Now that she mentioned it...the tree did look damaged...

Who was taking apart their beloved Tree?! It was enough to shoot anger in her typically gentle heart. Didn't the strangers know the Tree was a living thing? That creatures depended on it for survival? Her wings shook a little with frustration. What was worse, was the strangers were taking their new clan babies. She did not like these intruders. Not in the slightest.

Just as she was fit to fly out and possibly hurt herself in a mad pae-hunt, Belwen started...well...throwing color at flutters! Beautiful splashes of color to mix with their already brilliant hues. And wouldn't you know, that the Queen herself slid the bowl over to her. Before she fully registered what was going on, flutters were grabbing the little colorful marbles. "Oh, I see what's happening." A slow smile slipped onto her face. COLOR FIIIIGGGHHHHTTT!" Shaylee yelled into the crowd as she grabbed the bowl and flew into a corner with them. From her high perch she began to throw them down. First, Lisian, then Paradise. The flutter cackled before swooping down to Delyth. Poor girl had been hit already. "Here, grab a few. We can be a team!"

Wolfs_Heart
You're up next!

o0_Daisuke_0o
Just wanted ya to see she talked to Delyth

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2