Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
☆ Moved! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:16 pm
gaia_angelleft We have migrated! gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm
Well said! I think this is an important issue. Maybe if people paid attention to this inflation and class war, we could educate them about how it's happening in the real world. Slower, but some definite similarities (though no cash generators exist in RL).  

Master of the Trapdoor

Setsunasa

Inquisitive Ally

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:41 pm

I totally agree with this post!

Although, I am a bit torn though =/ I admit I have bought a few bundles (like the Cutie Catcher and Let's Party Bundles) in order to be able to give them away to guild members who cannot afford it for themselves =/

So hard, since I feel like I shouldn't buy it - but want to buy it for others who cannot!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm
I completely agree! We have to look out for each other here on Gaia where the consequences are not dire, so that we can learn how to take care of the less-fortunate in real-life, where the consequences of not having the necessities of life are very, very serious.

Master of the Trapdoor
Well said! I think this is an important issue. Maybe if people paid attention to this inflation and class war, we could educate them about how it's happening in the real world. Slower, but some definite similarities (though no cash generators exist in RL).

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 pm
You're so generous, Setsunasa! And I don't blame you at all. A few of us on Crew (I won't name names, but I'm among them) have bought a few gold generators back when we were under the impression that Flynn's Booty was a one-time thing, but we immediately stopped when we saw what it did to the Marketplace.

There's nothing wrong with donating, nor is there anything wrong with spending Gaia Cash. What I would recommend is to try donating fancy items to guild members for them to keep or to sell in the Marketplace. It is still supremely generous, the gift is still worth tons, but it doesn't damage the economy. Even though your heart is in the right place, buying gold generators puts more gold into the economy, drives prices up even more, and makes it even more difficult for Gaia's less-fortunate to afford the items they want, therefore making gold generators more appealing. It's a positive feedback cycle that will only end if gold generators don't rake in as much revenue as Headquarters hoped, forcing them to try different money-making techniques that don't hurt the community.

Setsunasa

I totally agree with this post!

Although, I am a bit torn though =/ I admit I have bought a few bundles (like the Cutie Catcher and Let's Party Bundles) in order to be able to give them away to guild members who cannot afford it for themselves =/

So hard, since I feel like I shouldn't buy it - but want to buy it for others who cannot!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 pm
I'll have you know I'm scared to death...

...that everything that you had said to me was just...

...a lie until you left.

I have a petition in place to stop the gold generators. I'm hoping to show the staff just how many people are angry over what's happening.

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500

Kyuui Kiwi

Agile Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:46 pm
Glad you're bringing this to attention. When it first blew up the GCD and SF I figured Gaia would do something about it, but instead it only got worse...this message needs to get out there.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:05 pm

//claps

kanxiaru

Hunter

BagaSherry generated a random number between 1 and 200 ... 37!

BagaSherry

Friendly Citizen

12,150 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:24 pm
wahmbulance dramallama wahmbulance
I'm in this XD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:30 pm

Awesome announcement/post! I wish I could
hit a like button on it a hundred times!
Salient points and excellent observations!
Say no to gold generators!

Kenta Mitsuwara

Distinct Phantom

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:15 pm
Oh, I agree 1000X. the gold generators are just... scream Sometimes, I truly think the Gaia admin no long gives a rat's a** about their users. Their only bottom line= make as much money as fast as you can. Screw the rest- all they see is a green $. emotion_facepalm  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:18 pm
I support this movement. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, I won't be spending another dime on this website until things start to change.  

IIIyria Naviliano

Heroic Shoujo

4,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:15 pm
Thank you for the support, everyone!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 am
Where do I sign up? 3nodding  

Nil Aria

Kawaii Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 am
The fact that free activities such as playing gaia games and making forum posts don't give any more gold than they did a year ago just further increases the economic disparity between the premium and the non-premium user. Unfortunately, it seems that no amount of gold sink is going to help stabilize the economy and that the only way to combat the massive inflation of prices is to increase the gold payout for free users which would in turn inflate prices even further. But that seems to be the only solution to fixing the immense class gap between the rich and the poor today.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff