Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Meeting of the old timer's club (Kurt and Raken) [FIN] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 pm
The demon nodded in agreement with the angel, letting the topic of alpaca die. After all, the fate of the island was more important than the herd. Though Raken suspected Kurt might argue otherwise. "Lets all pray to the Guardians something as horrible as that does not occur again." When the island fell, everything was such chaos. The island changed physically and it's inhabitants were shaken. But worse, soon after Tartara fell ill.

He refused to think there was a connection however. "You may want to get further from it. I do not know what is wrong with it, but the forest has changed for the worse. With all the changes going on I believe that, as the most dangerous spot on the island, it would be the furthest place I want to be if something does occur." Easier said than done however, picking up ones entire home and moving to a completely different location. Where would he even take the Alpaca?

Evilsilverdragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:49 am
The Guardians brought back a bit of what he was doing lately and he shared it, "The Guardians are preparing for something. In the City I found fliers calling for the Squires--whatever they are-- and the Guardian loyalists to go on a quest for four objects that will protect them from something. I don't know what will happen but I went on the quest myself and gathered the items." He had to protect what family he had, that was his focus. "Would believe that there are those that don't believe in the Guardians? The naiad lady acted like I was talking about an invisible friend or something."

The disbelief permeated his voice. With all he had seen in his life, including two trips to the hall of lost souls, it baffled him how pae don't all believe in the guardian.

He listened to Raken's concern, and was grateful for it, but had to decline, "I have faith in the Guardians, the evil of the forest has always been contained within. The Guardians did that, I trust in their power. I also on went on the quest to do the same. If something happens, I want to be there to try and stop it." The idea of putting the family endanger didn't sit well with him. There was wisdom in coming up with a second home just in case. Zofie could flee to the floating City if it came down to it.

It was his herd he had to worry about. Setting them loose would be a last ditch idea. Animals had a sense of running from danger. It was the pae that seemed to evolve past that sense.

Tartara Seabreeze

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:40 am
Fliers? In the City? How hindsight is always 20/20. The library and now this crucial bit of information. He had always lived safe and sound in his cave, keeping Dyas away from the dangers of others and it worked. For years. Even before Headquarters destruction he had lived in his cave.

A long heavy sigh. Times were changing. Maybe it would be best to move to the City...oh how Dyas' eyes would bulge at him saying that, of all pae. "Do you think it's too late to gather the items?" His own power was a force to be reckoned with, but any protection that the Guardians themselves offered he'd take it. To protect his daughter, grandsons...and even Azure.

At Kurts gentle decline of his advice, Raken nodded in understanding. It was a tough choice to make, but obviously one the angel had already thought about. That was one of the good things about being one of the old ones...wisdom fell into your lap. "Rather noble of you...I would be tempted to do the same, but my grandchildren are still just that. Children. I wouldn't be completely present for the battle until I knew they were safe."

Evilsilverdragon
Giving the whole bolded technique a try!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:56 am
Kurt considered Raken's question though he didn't know the answer. Rubbing the back of his head he said, "I don't know, I am not sure if there was a deadline or not." Offering a helpful smile he says, "Now would be a better time then when I went." Having already collected the items, to the best of his knowledge, he knew at least where to direct Raken should he decide to try himself.

"The four items are supposed to represent the four elements. Air was a sword up on the high moutain." Kurt pointed up to the snow capt moutain, "There were swords and armor like I have never seen. I have no notion of what sort of battle took place there. Hardly ever have I seen a pae use weapons like that." It wasn't a never but he couldn't imagine why it happened. Maybe whatever lived here before they did didn't have magic?

"The next was a stick to represent fire. The young lady I flew with didn't know what that was and my best guess was the Fae clearing. My adopted sister is a fae and she always spoke of the power of the place, it was the only to my knowledge that had such power and magic." Really, the stick had just been his best guess. The lady with him didn't disagree but if he was wrong, he wanted Raken to know it was a guess.

"The other two are items held by the Naiad, a cup, and the faun, a coin. The items are important to them but I found two that were willing to trade." It never crossed his mind to fight for them, or to use trickery.

Kurt understood exactly where Raken was coming from and told him, "I feel the same, if anything were to happen, Zofie would go to the City. Took me a while to convince her but she finally agreed." A while might have been an understatement.

Tartara Seabreeze
*cheers* ^-^

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:06 am
If it was possible for him to do the quest still, he would make all haste to complete it if it meant protecting his family. So the demonic listened closely to Kurt's previous path. It seemed that the sword, the cup and coin were items the angel knew definitively, but the stick was uncertain. He needed to decide if he was going to use Kurt's guess or try something different. Perhaps both if he had time.

Now, why would a cup and a coin have any significance to the new pae'il? Perhaps his brother Kaiden would be willing to part with his coin...

"I wouldn't want to be an inconvenience so don't feel obligated to say yes, but if you have free time to spare would you be my guide?" He didn't know exactly how much time he did have, but he certainly had less than many other pae. Kurts assistance could well be the difference between completion on time, and failure.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:35 pm
There was no reason he could put his finger on, but it surprised him that Raken had asked. More accurately, was it surprised him that Raken felt he needed to ask for help. Offering a lopsided grin for a moment he stated without any hesitation, "Of course I'll help. We must show these young kids that we aren't on our way to a old pae home just yet." This may have been followed by a little puffing of the chest, Just maybe his left eye twitched because he might have pulled something. This wasn't anything he'd admit, however.

Back to the task at hand, Kurt looked to the mountain and back to Raken, "So, want to build a snowpae?" That was both the easiest thing to gather and the most out of the way. "We can meet tomorrow, early, and take the trek up the mountain. Its too high to fly the whole way so there will be a good climb. Looking at most the day assuming we make good time."

Going through the list of other things needed he added, "The coin and the cup are the hardest, assuming I am right about the stick. It took me a long time to find a Naiad to request the cup. Both she and the faun were reluctant to just hand them over so easily. Bartering was how I obtained them. " To be honest, he had thought of the fae's staves being the sticks referred too, but the idea of taking one of those away from a fae was so far into stupid territory that he wouldn't dream of breathing it.

Tartara Seabreeze

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:56 pm
The decision to ask for help had not been done so lightly. Nothing Raken ever did was. But as stubborn as he was at times, the demonic knew Kurt could help take days off his quest. And time was a luxury he could not afford with being so late on the scavanger hunt. So swallow his pride he would.

Besides, at the very least it was a pae he knew and could trust. Not to mention he hadn't been around non-family members in years now...

"Agreed. Right after dawn breaks to take advantage of the full day at the base of the mountain." As he looked at the foreboding landscape ahead, he kept an ear open with Kurt. Since the coin and cup were magical, it did stand to reason it would be difficult to have them part with it. Perhaps on that day he'd search his cave for approriate bartering items before heading out. "Thank you for assisting me. I'll provide some meat for breaks during our travels tomorrow."

Evilsilverdragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:47 pm
One last look to where the HQ was, Kurt looked back to Raken and gave a nod, "Alright, I'll meet you at the base of the mountain beside the waterfall. Dress warmly, though I'll do what I can to bring a little extra from the girls." Alpaca was the best for warmth after all.

Since there was much to do to prepare for the trip he put pressure on his outside leg ready to start off, "I need to get things together for the trip." With a wave he started back towards his home mentally going through a check list. This time he at least knew where he was going and fully intended to gather another piece from the battlefield to bring back. The weight of the histroy was inescapable.

Tartara Seabreeze

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:15 pm
He nodded once more before turning himself to leave. "Same. I'll see you then." Indeed, he did have to go hunting for the extra meat as he tried not to keep too much extra in his storeroom. Fresh was best. He gave a wave back and started on the trail towards his cave once more.

But as he started walking away, the smallest of smiles slipped on his face. The demonic comprehended the seriousness of the situation quite well, however deep inside he couldn't help but feel...happy? Excited? The feeling wasn't quite certain. Though he could surmise it was from the previously missing element of socialization. A life of solitude suited him fine most of the time, but perhaps a few meetings of friends would be of some merit in the future. He'd need to contemplate this as he hunted later.

EvilSilverDragon

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces