Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Meeting of the old timer's club (Kurt and Raken) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm
User Image

The ruins of the HQ, while there was nothing left of the corps, and something new had formed, he still remembered. He could look at the the bustling life that grew, leaves sprouting after a bad wild fire.

Even still, he could picture what once was. Staying away from the pae and the structures, he looked from afar walking a semi circle around the built area.

It seemed every season it was getting harder and harder to relate to the much younger pae running around the isle. As it got more chaotic, he longed more for the much simpler times. The new colors and life to the isle was a blessing. However, part of him just felt it was moving too fast. He was too out of place in the world.

Besides his sister, he was the only one he knew of to be from the egg generation. The new pae didn't even believe such a thing ever happened. Just thinking of it made him sigh a bit. Popping out his wings, he recalled them a moment later as the walk around the old memories continued.

At certain points, he could almost see, just about touch and could hear the faintest sounds of memories. Where the kitchen had always been, he pictured that fridge with the endless food. Even more, as he began to smile, he picture the food fight with Sy before her babies arrived.

Then there were the tall things, Ru was on of their names, that had once existed then seemingly vanished without a trace. Who would believe such giant squealing monsters once existed? That was a little unfair, as now he could look back on the creatures with some fondness.

Each step brought a new memory. Of a little king that knighted him, the rooms a plenty, oh and the library. That such a treasure was lost, it panged him deeply. Just one more link to a past that was so long forgotten no pae seemed to believe it existed at all.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:45 pm
OOC: Oh mai, Kurts Cert...Talk about blast from the past!

BIC: User Image Maybe it was seeing his family members, or maybe it was making the burial marker for Tartara, but something pulled him to the lighthouse where HQ once stood. Before he left it had been nothing but rubble, however now a distinct shape took form on the horizon. Finally they had made something of it, but not what he had expected. Deep down he wanted them to remake the Headquarters, a place where pae didn't have to hunt for food and knew of light switches, refrigerators and showers. The place he had helped raise his oldest brothers and sisters.

Oh nostalgia. One of the things that came with age. Who would believe angels and demons once came from eggs like naiads do now?

The demonic sighed heavily, his steel blue eyes casually looking around. That's when...an odd sight popped into view. Yellow hair...jewelry flashing...Didn't he know that angel? He frowned as he continued to walk closer. He had to know him...it was on the tip of his tongue...

EvilSilverDragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:00 pm
ooc: Yep, one of the reasons I declined to have him updated, I like his cert and of course, the bling!

IC: Kurt continued his walk around, pink eyes glued to what once was. By chance as he made his round, he happened to look up. At first, he saw the demon and looked right back to the market and back in memory's time taking several steps before looking back. When he did look back, he stopped this time. So caught up in remember, it had been assumed he was no seeing things.

Why he'd see that steal and blue demon and not say his former mate was beyond him. Yet, upon re inspection, the demon was still there. "Raken?" He called to the demon. Hard to mistake the almost barbed wire markings and fashionable silver belt. Better then the real barbed wire one fae had, that stuff always conjured an uncomfortable feeling. Always due to Tristan.

It couldn't really be Raken, of course not, clearly he was going though old-timers and seeing things. Trip down memory lane could do that to a pae after all. Still, he had stayed still, to see if there was any reaction.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:13 am
As he got closer and closer the demons face grew in intensity as he tried to think of the name. It was an older pae, one he hadn't seen in many years, even before he left on his journey overseas.

Raken? As his name drifted through the air, the angels voice triggered his memories. "...Kurt!?" The passage of time really had hit if he already forgot the adoptive grandfather to his nieces. Finally, a pae around his own age that wasn't family! "I never thought I'd see you again." Raken called back, closing in the distance between them to stick out a hand.

Evilsilverdragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:29 pm
Kurt smiled, relieved he wasn't talking to a figment of his imagination. He was on the old side but hadn't completely lost his mind! Laughing he waved to Raken, "Yep. I see you are still kickin' as well. Good to see you!"

Stepping the few steps to bridge the distance, he took the demon's hand and gave a firm shake smiling the whole time. Around the post egg generation, he felt old and out of place, here he had someone that there was much they had in common. "How has life treated you?" First order of business, catch up.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:11 pm
The angel really was a sight for sore eyes, and he let the other know his relief by his firm handshake back. "There's been ups and downs so...life has been life. I finally became a grandfather." Considering Kurt was one years ago, the fact that he became one just a few months ago was amusing. He had put it on hold for as long as possible but life liked to mess with plans. "How have you been? I thought you fell off the island." With that he chuckled, knowing Kurt would get the reference. Hard to believe their little island once floated.

EvilSilverDragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:24 pm
Kurt gave a hearty chuckle and grinned, "Someone is a late bloomer, eh Grandpa?" Not that he could say anything he had grandchildren and who knows if there are greats to be added to that name.

Ah, fell off the island. "Nope, but it was always a nice view. I decided stone statues were better for conversation for a while. Now I raise alpaca." He made it a few sentences without mentioning the Alpaca, it was a bit of a record for him at this point.

"The last of the Old Guard, preserving stories no pae believes. Not what I expected back when I hatched, eh?" Raken had to have the same problem, they really were part of a vanishing generation.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:50 pm
"If it were up to me I would say never. But Dyas had a different idea in mind." Al...paca? Weren't they a sort of long necked, four legged creature up in the mountains? Typically pae didn't see them. Most probably didn't know what one was. "A sad truth. Sadly books are a rare thing now that the library was destroyed...But I moved out of HQ before it came down." The demonic looked side to side before giving a faint smile. Since he knew Kurt way back, he felt comfortable telling him. "I've got a decent book collection, one of the mere handful of ones surviving on the island."

EvilSilverDragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:12 pm
Kurt gave a sad smile saying, "Daughters have plans of their own, despite their father's best efforts." He tired so hard to protect his daughters, so far he failed them all, or rather they willfully disregarded his wishes. Even Zofie! Those thoughts were turned as he moved his head to look at what was once the HQ.

"I am glad I didn't see it fall, just one more reminder of the world we knew is gone." Looking back, he noted Raken's behavior. Preparing for a big secret, the angel instead looked confused, "Have you been to the Floating City?" There was a library there, he wondered if the demon didn't know of it. The only races he saw up there were the demons and angels. It was the closest thing to the home he used to know. If it wasn't for the alpaca he might have moved there himself.

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:26 pm
The male nodded in agreement before straightening with a sigh. He rubbed the back of his neck. "I haven't been to the Floating City...why do you ask?" He had a sinking suspicion that his mound of stolen books was about to be in vain.

EvilSilverDragon
And that's what he gets for living in a cave LOL

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:32 pm
Kurt figured as much, he almost felt bad for what he was about to say. "The Floating City has electricity, worship areas for the Guardians and..huh..a library." The poor demon seemed so proud of the books he managed to have. On the other wing, the library might really interest him.

Kicking the ground with one foot, it was a wonder if he was doing the right thing by telling his old friend.

Tartara Seabreeze
At least it wasn't under a rock biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:43 pm
A...library. He sighed again as his hand slipped from his neck to his forehead. "I'm not sure if I should be disappointed for wasted effort or excited that I can stop re-reading my own books." His hand dropped as Raken shrugged. Logically complaining about it wouldn't solve anything. So that was that. "Maybe I'll see if they will trade me books for books so I can take some home with me." Looking on the bright side is what most pae would call it, he simply called it logic. Complaining would do nothing and there was gain in a new library.

"Now how has life been for you and your...alpaca?" Would he be the one to tell him of Tristen and Sunny's relationship demise? No. That was a personal matter Sunny could bring up with her father.

EvilSilverDragon
blaugh *bada chhh* nice joke.

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:50 pm
Kurt reached out and patted Raken's shoulder, "You still probably have the biggest privately owned book collection, now you can just read new information." Books about alpaca were awesome, much else didn't interest him much. He was never what one would call a reader.

Oh no, Raken asked. With a very enthusiastic expression kurt started talking about his passion. "Life has been great with the girls! I have a herd of five! They are all Suri not Hyacaya alpaca. You could tell the difference because the Hyacaya are fluffier but the Suri have a nicer smoother fiber. Sheep have wool, alpaca have fiber. Very strong and soft, not water proof so they don't give the itchy feeling." Kurt looked around a moment, pondering if he had any fiber on him. With no pack, he knew that was a negative.

Alas, he couldn't demonstrate so he continued talking not even trying to tell if Raken was interested or not to his story, "Three are pregnant getting ready to drop Cria, the name for a baby alpaca. I am so excited to have the little babies running around!" Those babies were fine, the prospect of his newest adopted daughter having a child of her own? Not fine, at all.

"Usually they aren't very friendly but my girls are getting there, getting used to me. Fantastic animals, a little small but very clean and so lovely! Three are white and the other two are fawn"

Pointing far down the road he says, "I have my ranch down the road to the left going this way right near the lake. My girls will give fantastic fibers this year I am sure of it. As the only Alpaca on the island, I am sure it'll be popular if get another crazy cold front." Rubbing his arms in memory he asks, "Raken can you ever remember it getting that cold here? I can't." They both have lived far longer then probably anyone else not in the hall of souls on the island, if it had been that cold in the past, surely they'd remember.

Tartara Seabreeze
*bows* And que boring Raken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:01 am
As he pondered about what subject to research first, words started tumbling out of the angels mouth without break. At first Raken listened intently, but as five sentences turned into ten and continued still, he quickly realized what had been a mere polite question turned into much more.

Never had the old demon thought he'd learn so much about Alpaca. Admittedly it was a subject he had little interest in, but Kurt would not be stopped.

Then again, he was never one to shirk from knowledge. "Fascinating. How long does it take for each baby to mature?" His attention on the creatures was pulled however at the mention of the gold. He paused thoughtfully. "I do recall snow previously...but there has been a lot of strange occurrences of late. Type of pae never seen before have been popping up, and Dragnid is deadlier than ever before with some kind of sickness." It did seem as though the island they knew and loved was on the brink of something truly awful.

Evilsilverdragon

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:32 pm
Kurt was more then happy to educate his friend, "The cria will be old enough to be weaned at around six months, they can be shorn at a year. I used up eveything I got from the girls so I am looking forward to the new fiber, and the adorable cria!" There was nothing cuter than a baby, nothing.

Kurt heard that one loud and clear saying, " I feel like every time I turn around there will be something new. I didn't know what to make of the hooved pae, then trying to find a Naiad when I didn't know what to expect. I don't think any pae would know what to think of a world we knew, only demons, angels and fae." The diversity was nice, he would never say otherwise. However the changes so fast and so great were hard to get a hold of.

"I live on the other side of the marsh from the Dragnid, place still gives me the creeps." It was probably a bad choice of a home, but being so close to the water and the trade route made it the best of the sensible options. Had the HQ still existed here would be where he would have made his home.

"With the speed of it all, if feels like we are the verge of something, maybe how it felt when the isle fell." If he was around, he didn't remember it but he could picture it

Tartara Seabreeze

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces