[PRP] Seeing Spots

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zheraph

Fuzzy Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:50 pm
User ImageThe sandy leopard sat tall and still upon the sun-baked slab of rock she had chosen to meditate on. Her eyes were closed, but she knew the land surrounding the Jedi temple better than she knew her own spots. The sounds of her fellow pride-members footfalls as they went about their business were plenty for her to know that she was safe. Though she was not yet practiced enough to be able to tell who the steps belonged to simply by hearing, the patterns were familiar enough that she was confident that if danger (or a master looking to test her reflexes) were to approach her, she would have time to react.

Her tail twitched slightly and one ear swiveled to one side. Someone was closer to her than she was used to. She didn't feel threatened, but neither did she have an idea of who it was. She took a deep, slow breath in through her nose and searched her mind for an identity to match the faint scent on the air, but came up blank. Oh well, she knew that she couldn't improve her abilities without finding out who the steps and smell belonged to, but perhaps she had simply forgotten.

"Who is there?" She asked, inclining her head slightly in the general direction of the other, eyes still closed. "I do not recognize your steps or smell."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:30 pm
User Image Malgel'ee gave a small hum of amusement. "You're going to have to work on that." He spoke with no malice, giving the leopardess a wide birth as he came around into her vision. "I would be sad to hear I'd been left out of the pride's lore because you do not remember my scent." It was a tease, if a mild one. He had no quarrel with Ithemba, she was a lorekeeper, a vital member of their pride just as he was. Though their roles may differ, he could give credit where it was due.

The cheetah moved with a slow stillness, no wasted movements of paw or tail, only his ears ever on alert even deep within the Jedi's lands moved, searching out unfamiliar sounds. The beads of a guardian hung proud, their bright orange contrasting against his pale icy spots. "Has the Pillar of Knowledge become so tedious that one must seek solace out here?"  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Zheraph

Fuzzy Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:00 pm
Ithemba's brow furrowed for a moment before she opened her eyes. On the one hand, the pale cat was clearly joking. On the other, it took the leopard a few moments to realize it. "Apologies." Her tone was dry. She was joking as well, but in her own way. "I have only just completed my trials to become a knight and must not have been given the honor of hearing your stories just yet. I still have much to learn." She bowed her head and leapt gently off of her perch, landing a respectful distance from the cheetah.

"My name is Ithemba, and I often choose to meditate in different locations from day to day." She glanced around, "In order to expand my own knowledge of the day to day activities of every one of our members." She flicked her tail to one side and began pacing in a wide circle around the male, examining him and committing everything about him to memory.

"I am certain that your exploits as a guardian must be very interesting," She mused, "Would you be so kind as to enlighten me? I should be off to study soon, but I see no reason that I can not learn from you today instead of the masters. After all, who better to tell the story of you than you?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:24 pm
Mal shrugged, his eyes tracking her while she circled him. He remained otherwise still for her inspection. Not one for humor he supposed, though his own was of a rather dry style itself. Her apology made his eyes crinkle in a small smile. Her pacing, while posing no obvious threat, reminding him vaguely of a vulture and it's potential meal. "No harm has been done."

"Malgel'ee. My stories as of yet are of no real significance. The land is peaceful by far." He dismissed offhandedly, standing and stretching. His head cocked to one side, his eyes never having left her even as they both moved. "And what have you learned in your meditations today Ithemba?" She had already given up a lot of information herself in just this short amount of time. As she wished to learn about him, so did he wish to know more about her.  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Zheraph

Fuzzy Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:48 pm
Once Ithemba finished her circle she nodded and sat down. "Peaceful, absolutely. Still, if we were completely safe there would be no need for those of your station." She tilted her head and the slightest of smiles tugged at the edges of her mouth. "I am certain that one day you will have a story you deem worthy of sharing with those of us who keep the history. I hope you will consider me when choosing who to recount the tale to first."

At his question, Ithemba paused and thought for a moment. "I have learned that I still have very far to go and much to learn before I am half as wise as I think I am." She shook her head and a soft chuckle escaped her. "I have spent time each and every day trying to expand my awareness of everything around me, even when I can not see, and yet..." She nodded at him, "As a result I have spent less time in my studies. As a Lore Keeper I should know each of our members by their face and name, though perhaps not by scent or footstep." Her eyes flashed mischievously for a brief moment, though her tone remained dry.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games