Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[Hot Spot Plot Thread] Coming of Age (Stormborn/Bonelands)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:07 pm
Hot Spot Plot Thread

This is a rotating thread, meaning I will add and remove lions when I am searching for very specific plots. My main plot thread is currently closed and will not re-open until I have completely finished updating my journal. That being said, if something strikes your fancy from said incomplete journal, you are more than welcome to PM/IM me with any plot or RP ideas. I'd be happy to plan and discuss. I just don't want to spend the time on creating a big plot thread when I could be using that time to work on my journal.

• There is no form
  • Unless otherwise stated, my lions are open to everything that would be IC of them. I won't cringe over plots that involve injury/death/mental trauma/long term mates/etc.
  • I can do slow plots and slow RPs. No need to rush if you like RPing out each step. 8]
  • If we already have an RP going and it's currently your post, you think you're going to vanish randomly or tend to abandon RPs, you get to start.
  • If we already have an RP going and it's my post, please link me! I've found a few RPs lately that were from before quotes which I did not respond to, and I'm sure there are more. All my currently active RPs are listed under the spoiler tag in the first post of my journal.
  • I will put characters "on hold" for you for two weeks. If you haven't expressed any interest in continuing our plots after those two weeks, I will open them up again to others.
  • If you don't get quotes, let me know. I'll usually quote to ask if you're still interested in a plot, and to tag RPs. I will PM you if your quotes are turned off.

You may also contact me for in-depth plotting over IM: spiritwolfkiros
Don't be shy, I love plotting.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:21 pm
User Image

Ravani

Journal Post with detailed personality information

While Ravani's coat might have caught a fellow Stormborn's eye, her social skills never have. The lioness is quiet and even-tempered, preferring to stay away from large gatherings. She's most often found during the quiet hours of the day or night, or in either the frigid cold or the steaming heat when no one else is about. Many might know her by the actions of her five siblings--namely Chakora who was a very bratty cub--or by the fact her mother gained her freedom from the children's birth. While she rarely fights, when she does it's clear she does so to win. She keeps her claws out, and uses her teeth, and isn't interested talk of an honorable fight. Though she doesn't spread her desires around like gossip, Ravani is striving towards becoming a Reaver like her father.

Looking For
-
  • Look for a boy, or group of boys she can band with. One who maybe is more socially awkward like her and wouldn't mind spending wasted hours exploring the wilderness.
  • A female Reaver (if there are any left?) for her to look up to.
  • Any Viking group she might (attempt) convince to take her on as a hunter--more time to pillage and fight if there's fresh meat waiting at the end of the day! (They, of course, are more than welcome to look at her funny).
  • Children she might have grown up with: maybe boys she's beaten in a fight or boys that have beaten her.
  • Long term rivalry?
  • If you have any other ideas and thing she'd fit well, please suggest!

User Image

Nolaka

If the Bonelands had princesses, Nolaka would be one. Having grown up as the lead Umholi's daughter, this lioness has been nothing short of spoiled. She eats first, picks on her siblings, and throws her weight around with all the air of a Queen. If you don't get in her way, life is more or less fine for you. Nolaka does not pick fights, and she's not particularly a grumpy lioness. In fact, she's nothing short of content with life. However, if you decide to eat before her, be prepared to have your face slashed at with open claws.

Looking For
  • A lioness she could ask to do an Inqina with (note: they're more than welcome to refuse her, and this would actually be a very fun plot point and could result in a long-term grudge)
  • Someone to eventually do her Inqina with (assuming she doesn't get obsessed and continue asking the same lion)
  • Family RP where she can bully around siblings (can be either now or a back-RP)
  • If you have any other ideas or would like Nolaka for one of your own plots, feel free to suggest!

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:24 pm
And this is now open.

Old Stuff for personal archives.

User Image

Nahmba

Nahmba is the well-meaning old lady of the pride. She is very well on in her years, and is known to have sired many sons, including the current Great Umholi, Gakere. The last litter she'll ever have is now a juvenille, and she's beginning to struggle with the idea that she'll never have another. As a result, she dotes extra on new cubs and is that grandmother who spoils the children perhaps a little too much. Her memory is starting to go, though she knows almost everyone in the pride by name, and many who have left. Some might find her a little crazy, though not quite enough to be called dangerous. Nahmba is a strange sort of wise - she has seen much, but does not always interpret it in the right ways.

Looking For
Nahmba is about to go on her Death-Walk (Ukufahamba) which means she'll be leaving the pride very soon and heading out into the rogue lands.
  • Anyone who wants to say goodbye
  • Potential interactions in the rogue lands
  • Perhaps running into other family members (sons/daughters/grandaugthers,etc.)--the dun-stripes on Nahmba and Matifu are very distinctive. She'll know family members with these markings if she sees them.
  • She'll be swinging by the Firekin very briefly, so some things can be done there
  • Anything else that strikes your fancy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:11 am
Perhaps a RP between Nahmba and Nguvu? Would she be able to remember him as a cub?

I think it would be nice to Nguvu to pay his respects before she goes, and also to get a little more insight on what happened whilst he was gone, perhaps. He's also still searching for acceptance a little from some members of the pride so it could be interesting to see what Nahmba thinks of him (Whether positive or negative!)

I can set up if you like.  

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:31 am
Zohwhee

Nahmba definitely remembers! She'll be happy to talk to him about everything.

If you'd like to start, that'd be great. I'll respond ASAP.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:42 am
I can offer a couple lions for Nahmba.

I have Toboa, who I asked a whiiile back if she could IC be Matifu's daughter and you were alright with it. Nahmba isn't her mother but she'd definitely want to say goodbye, and even though they haven't actually been rped together, we could invent something for her to thank her for (helping her hone her hunting skills or advice on how to attract an Umholi's attention or something).

And I have Impikelelo who's part of Gakere's most recent litter (I don't think he's had another litter since, anyway). He's out in the Roguelands right now, but it hasn't been long so I intend for him to still be nearby while he figures out what he wants to do (IC, he'll be internally debating returning and taking the celibacy vow or challenging someone, but I have plans for him elsewhere). He'd definitely remember Nahmba and want to at least speak to her. I'm sure she would have spoiled him as a cub. It might be seen as frowned upon but if you'd like Kel would be open to staying by Nahmba's side as she passed.

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:13 am
Rennekae

I absolutely love both those ideas. Nahmba would definitely give Toboa advice on Umholi attraction, and I think this would be an adorable little backstory.

As or Impikelelo, having her run into him would be splendid and she would be all for having him travel with her until she past away. Even though it's a common ritual, the idea of leaving home is still really scary for her. So, she'd be more than glad to have his young, comforting presence with her; especially as her grandson. Nahmba would definitely have spoiled him as a cub, and may have started to teach him to "hunt" by taking him to gopher holes just as she did with his father.

One of us could start with Toboa for timeline's sake, then when we finished, the other person could start the one with Impikelelo. I'm fine starting, or if you want to start and throw me a lake I will get up a response ASAP.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:36 am
Here you go! :3

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:18 pm
Switched out Nahmba for Ravani, who is in the Stormborn.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:34 pm
I'm late to the party... If Nahmba is still around, and you want more interactions for her I think Xatu would like to say goodbye to his mother. Or we can say he did IC, if you don't feel like RPing it out...  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Annchen

She is! Hasn't quite left yet. I can start, or you, if you'd like! If he were in the pride at the time, she'd definitely say goodbye.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:44 pm
Kaelyndra
Annchen

She is! Hasn't quite left yet. I can start, or you, if you'd like! If he were in the pride at the time, she'd definitely say goodbye.

I'm going to let him return for a while since we'll be trying for vulture babies again wink So there's time for a good bye. It would be great if you could start something. His return is set after Surtak disappears but before the Inqina and new Inselelo if you feel inspired to start something. I have a busy week and weekend ahead of me, so I don't think I'll be able to start something until next week.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:28 pm
I have a female reaver, Dis, who spent most of Njal's reign keeping her head down. She has a terribly foul mouth, I'm afraid, but excellent posture. She also has no intention of having cubs or a family, but she doesn't look down on lionesses who choose to. It's just not for her. She likes glory and treasure.

I'm kind of an RP flake lately though, so you'd probably have to keep on me about tags. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:17 pm
Annchen

I can start! I have been pretty busy, too, but the next week should be relatively free and I'll get right on this.

Princess_Feylin

That would be excellent. The foul mouth will likely be nothing new to Ravani. Her sisters aren't exactly well managed, and so foul mouth is a common occurrence. The glory will very much appeal to Ravani, so she'll very likely idolize Dis.

Any way she can catch Dis practicing/overhear her talking/anything to give her an indication that she's a Reaver (or an ex-Reaver keeping her head down), so that Ravani can shadow her a bit?

Kaelyndra

Liberal Streaker

[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces