Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It had been a neat find on the Internet, a web page dedicated to warlocks, witches and dastardly types. It even advertised a placement program for anyone wanting to escape their current life and find a master to teach them. It would mean leaving home forever but Noble was genuinely considering the option. There he would be free to learn and grow, to let his inside shine on the outside. Could he convince Nev to come with him? Would he even want to? He wouldn’t want to deprive his family of two children in one stroke.

The young prince was brooding on the subject as he walked through the house, taking care of his chores for the day.

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:41 pm
Ruriska

Espresso Brûlée was happily reading a book of recipes looking for a decent coffee cake recipe when he saw out of the corner of his eye his son sulking around with the chores. It looked like the babben had something on his mind. The brown Pegasus put down his cook book and went to help out. Coming up with a broom, Bru started to sweep the floor. "Nice day for house keeping. Penny for your thoughts?"

Bru knew his babbens were a little different, but he liked them all the same. Even if he didn't often get a lot of time with them, he still cared what was going on with them.  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:33 pm
Noble Born had been so busy with his own thoughts that he hadn't even noticed his father nearby. Hoping his face hadn't betrayed too much, he plastered a proper smile and dipped his head in an overly formal gesture of respect. "Father," he said softly as he finished dusting the cabinets, "for you, my thoughts are free."

He moved on to the table, methodically brushing away any dirt. "I just read something that made me sad; about a girl who ran away from home. Her family must have been devastated."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:53 pm
Ruriska

Bru leaned into his broom, listening intently to the story given to him. Lightly turned to a frown, he gave a long hmmm. "Was she in an unfortunate circumstance? A victim of poor conditions? Sometimes, there are cases where running away from your troubles is better than trying to wait through them."

The pegasus paused, his eyes shut for a moment as he shook his head. There were definitely times when escaping was the best thing for a young person to do, but Bru really didn't want to think about that. " Perhaps she was mistreated in someway? I do wonder what might have caused her to go. Did it say? Sometimes people run away if they feel unjustly treated or neglected, such as if she was punished for doing something bad herself. I imagine though, that yes, if her family was a loving one, and treated her well, they would have been grief stricken to find her gone."

Bru gave a faint smile, "Do you think she may have been happier though, where she might have gone?"  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:17 pm
Well, that was an unexpectedly thoughtful response. Noble stopped cleaning and watched his father. It was hard for him to describe how he felt about Brûlée. He was a prince and a gentlemen, the ideal role model. Noble did his best to emulate his father’s mannerisms. There was respect, but was there also love?

Yes, it was there. Not as much as he cared for Nevermore or Wisp, but it was there.

"I don’t believe her circumstances were bad, but perhaps there was something else troubling her that made her leave." He shook his head sadly. "Perhaps she is happier now. I hope that she is. If she isn't, at least she knows she can always return home."

zippedsiren

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:42 am
“Something else troubling? Hmm. Perhaps. Maybe a desire to see the world and do more than what can be offered at home. That is understandable.” Bru paused, and gazed out the window recalling some of his own adventures when he was a little younger. “ When I was a old enough, though a little younger, I travelled abroad and was gone for quite sometime. It was an education, but somewhat lonesome. I am glad I came back home though. I missed more than I realized,” Bru turned back and look a picture of Royal Blossom that was on the shelf and then at his son and smiled.

“If the girl is lucky, I am sure that if she wanted to come home she would be welcomed with open arms. I hope that is something she would come to understand. Family is a connection not easily broken, even if there might be tension occasionally. Ideally, a family would always be there for support.”
Ruriska

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:51 pm
"You are very wise, father," Noble Born said quietly. It was a shame his parents had spawned a child no unlike them in so many ways, but he was what he was, and running away wouldn't change it.

If he wanted to seek others with the same darkness, it could be done when he was Old Enough, but for now his family needed him. He would stand by their side and play the perfect son as best he could. There was no point it putting them through any pain.

"I’m sure everything will turn out fine for her." He smiled. "Would you come out for lunch with me today? There's a new crepe cafe in town I would love to try."

zippedsiren
nearly done! *o*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:58 am
“Thank you, it comes with experience.” Bru nodded.

The older pegasus continued to sweep up, but smiled widely at the invitation to lunch. “As soon as we’re done here with the chores, I would like nothing more. Crepes sound like a delightful treat for hard work.”
Ruriska
OuO yay!

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm
"Let's finish quickly then."

Noble got back to work, spurring himself into quick action to finish his chores. He had to remain loyal to his family, to his sister, to those he cared for. No matter what he was on the inside, they would always be important. Besides, if he was gone, who would keep them safe?

With his own private sort of smile, he cast aside his thoughts of leaving and let himself simply enjoy the moment.

zippedsiren
okay is done, thank yoooou!

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces