Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:16 pm
"Must be rotten milk because holy wow." Aglaia held her nose and fanned the smell away while she watched the brown Fae. She wasn't exactly behaving like this for no reason. She was nervous as heck and resorted to a facetious defense mechanism to avoid showing Parvana her fear and anxiety. Truth be told, Aglaia would love to raise one in her image, in her home on Dolandar. She had thoughts that maybe she'd turn out better than most of her nieces. She also assumed motherhood would come naturally.

Could she raise a daughter while hiding from Venus? Surely her mother would forgive her when she saw the little Venus-clone, right?

There was no reply on her request, so maybe Parvana didn't hear her. "Can I have one? The non-stinky one maybe? No that's selfish. It doesn't matter, I am sure that since they are the same, they'll both stink at some point." Aglaia, smiled and chuckled lightly, reaching out towards Parvana.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 4:32 pm
Parvana looks longingly at the twin bundles in her arms. She doesn't want to separate her babies. They'd been giving her a purpose she didn't know she had in her. Of course, they'd been wreaking havoc on her dressmaking, since she doesn't have time to make any new garments, or even repair old ones.

She'd hoped the smell would deter Aglaia from wanting one permanently, but it seems she won't be denied. Could Parvana deny her? What would happen if she just said "no" and left? Nothing good, probably. The gods could be vengeful, and besides, she does want Aglaia to be a part of Aliza and Zuleika's lives. Hell, she even wanted her to be a part of her own life. She hadn't forgotten the night they'd shared. They'd had such fun that a part of her hoped they could do it again sometime. Perhaps without the surprise parcels a season later, but the date part. But that was mostly fantasy--the gods never did more than dally with mortals.

After a long moment of hesitation, Parvana finally nods. She bites her bottom lip to keep from bursting into tears. She hands over Aliza, the first one Aglaia had held, trying to numb her emotions. "You'll...you'll bring her to visit, right?" she asks, unable to take her eyes off the little bundle. She hopes this wouldn't be the last time she'd see her. "And..and if she's too stinky or cries too much you can always bring her back," she adds quickly. She finds herself practically clutching Zuleika to her chest.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:36 pm
Aglaia cradled little Aliza in her arms and smiled at her. She liked her name, and she wondered if Parvana chose it because of how much it matched 'Aglaia'. "I will--" she was cut short when she looked at Parvana again. She seemed so heartbroken and sad.

Aglaia's first instinct was not empathy, unfortunately. It was anger because she assumed Parvana was being selfish in her desire to keep both girls. But the thought actually hurt a little bit when Aglaia considered it more. If she had to give up one after having both and growing attached to both, it'd be hard for her too, right? Empathy grew as Aglaia considered Parvana's feelings more, and her own desires less. What was with these mortals making her feel things for them?! And then she started thinking of the little girls. They deserved to know each other, have a chance to love each other and bond? But she wanted to be a mother, too.... there was no decision that wouldn't result in sadness, was there?

The Grace kissed the little girl's head and hugged her close. She knew this was the best idea. "I will take care of her. She'll be raised among the gods on Dolandor. She'll be raised with as much love as Zulaika will be." She tried to reassure Parvana.

"I'll bring her by as often as I can. So she can know her family." She said this with a genuine intent, because she knew the grief she gave her brother for assumed abandonment, so she very well couldn't do the same. That was also why she wanted to raise one; to show it can be done. A deity raising their own. Maybe the child would be different if among their own kind, instead of raised as a mortal?

"Parvana, I can't live on this island. I can't offer a happy family. I want to raise them, but I can't do that unless it's on Dolandor. And I can't take both of your babies - our babies - away."

"I want to give little Zu a gift. Something to remember me, and Aliza by. Something to connect her to her family on Dolandor." She handed Aliza to Parvana. "This will only take a moment." and with that, she popped away as quick as she had shown up. It never occurred to her that this would be a good time for Parvana to take the girls and run. She trusted Parvana intuitively.

A few moments later, Aglaia popped back right where she'd been standing before. She held a golden hand mirror. The gold had a very delicate filigree pattern with tiny little gemstone accents. The handle was made of pearl and there was a smaller pearl adorning the top flourish. The reflective surface shined pink in the sunlight. "A legacy. My mother has one. She gifted one to me when I was younger, and I want Zulaika to have one. Take good care of it, it's very special. With it, she'll be able to see Aliza wherever she is." Aglaia felt confident in her gift. She'd give one to Aliza too, when she's a little older. Also when Venus forgave her enough to maybe gift her another one. Zu was receiving Aglaia's own magic mirror.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 pm
Parvana doesn't know what to make of Aglaia's change in demeanor at first. It was softer, less self-serving than before. She believes her when she says she'll make a good life for little Aliza. Perhaps the Goddess had some motherly instinct in her after all.

She's startled when Aglaia spoke of a gift. A gift? This wouldn't be like those stories, where a child is "blessed" with a "gift" from the gods that ends up being a curse, like obedience or something horrid, right? She's even more startled when Aglaia disappears, into thin air, with a soft "pop" noise. It's similar to Parvana's own ability to apparate, but somehow she hadn't been expecting it.

The few moments alone--perhaps the last moments she'd have alone with both her children--are filled with silence, except for their soft breathing. Parvana touches her forehead to Aliza's, and kisses her little nose. "Remember me," she whispers. "I love you."

Just then Aglaia had appeared again, causing Parvana to jump and make a little undignified squeak. A magic mirror?

"Th-thank you," she says, managing a smile. "This is very generous...we will treasure it always." She wipes tears from her eyes with her shoulders, still holding both infants. This was a touching gesture, and it gives Parvana a little sliver of hope that Aliza wouldn't be gone from their lives forever. That maybe they'd remain an odd little family, despite the distance between them.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:37 pm
Aglaia was glad Parvana was agreeing so emphatically. They could part on amicable terms and remain friends and keep the girls in each others' lives. A perfect solution!

On the other hand, bringing home a baby was not on her list of things to do today, but what a pleasant turn of events!

"If you need me, you know how to summon me." And with that, she leaned close to give Parvana a kiss on the cheek, and a small little touch of her lips to Zuleika's little head. "Remember we're not that far away."

Menelie
I think we can end this here? I am not sure what else/where else we can go.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff