Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:09 pm
User Image
Parvana had walked on clouds after winning the dancing contest at Venus' engagement party. As her dancing partner had seemed...less than thrilled to be dancing with her (perhaps he just wasn't into women? that would certainly explain it...), she'd opted to take her prize and go on a date with another of the Erotes. Now, Parvana normally wouldn't choose a woman to go on a date with, but she'd become so taken with the Goddess of Beauty that she..she couldn't resist. And when the fetching God of Androgyny had turned the Goddess of Beauty into a very beautiful God of Beauty, well...so much the better. Their date had gone well.

Very well.

In fact, it had gone so well that after a season, Parvana returns to Aglaia's temple to give an offering and...hopefully to summon her here to the island. She's not at all sure what she'd say if the Goddess deigns to show up, but Parvana feels that she ought to know about them.

She carries with her twin baby girls, identical to all except their mother, swaddled in pink and purple, with blonde curls peeking out from their blankets. Yes, that date had gone very well indeed. And now Parvana was a mother. She'd been so focused on feeding, changing, and caring for her new little ones that she hadn't had time to reflect on her situation. But here in the temple, it hits her. Her babies were goddesses. Her bloodline was now mingled with that of Venus herself, and the realization makes Parvana's cheeks flush with excitement. Ever since the party last year, she'd been enchanted with Venus and her retinue. The were so powerful, so beautiful, so carefree in their sumptuous palace on Dolandor. She'd fantasized about being a part of it, being welcomed to come and go in the halls of Venus' temple as she pleased, chatting casually with Hymnaios or Phaenna, making wine with Euphrosyne. And while she'd never really get to do those things, her daughters might.

Realizing she'd been standing there without doing anything for quite a while, Parvana jumps a little, as if startled, and kneels down near the altar. She'd wanted to burn a sprig of myrtle as incense, but in Telrunya City it was difficult to find such things, and she didn't exactly have the time to go foraging for a myrtle tree with two newborns. So she'd gone to the market and found a small jar of myrtle oil. She sets the jar carefully on the altar. She bows forward, hugging her daughters to her chest, her nose not quite touching the marble floor.

Parvana sends up a silent prayer to Aglaia, Goddess of Beauty, hoping that she would choose to appear to her.

Antidia

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:08 pm
User ImageLife on Dolandor used to be so slendid and full of epicurean pleasures. Until Eris. Eris wrecked the Goddess of Beauty's beautiful life. But that was behind her now. Maybe. Sometimes. The trauma caused flashbacks once in a while if she was in a situation that reminded her of her previous life. Previous Life. That is what she called it. She was a different goddess now. Even different than who she'd been before moving to this island to be nearer her mother. She didn't know who she was anymore.

Venus had been so kind and delicate with nursing her back to sanity and helping ease the pain and erase the scars. Until recently. Aglaia inadvertently struck her mother's fiance with an arrow enchanted with her beauty spell. And another Pae'il whom she didn't know. Yeah, she was pretty sure her 'luck' was gone and she'd be cinders soon as Venus caught her. So she spent most of her time hiding or avoiding her mother for now. This was also likely a self-inflicted punishment, because she was simply avoiding her mother.

Aglaia lounged in the garden near the area set aside for the graces. She draped herself on the edge of the large fountain, just staring into the water and lazily drawing across the water's surface to create delicate ripples. She could see her reflection, and that of her small wings, and the ripples served to distort the image and the memories it invoked.

She hefted a sigh before pushing herself upright. She suddenly felt a tug in the back of her mind followed by the familiar ringing of chimes. Someone was summoning her? At first, there was a moment of panic, because the last time she'd been summoned, was to see her niece -- a piece of her past that was still painful to think about because of the grasp Eris had on her mind. After the panic, a sense of duty washed over her thoughts. She stood up, and straightened her drape and made sure her hair was pulled back out of her face.

Moments later, she appeared in the temple of Venus, squatting behind her altar, trying to hide until she could tell who summoned her. She peeked around the corner to see.

Oh!

She rose to her feet, and smiled at the woman she remembered from after the dancing contest. When she was a man. Oh right. Blushing from head to toe - thankful she was the same color -- her cheeks warmed and opened her arms in greeting. "Hello!"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:22 pm
Parvana is....sure she heard some rustling, but can't be positive until she hears a vaguely-familiar, if higher-pitched than the last time she'd heard it, voice. The Goddess of Beauty sounded happy to see her. At least, for now.

Suddenly Parvana is a bundle of anxiety, remembering the night they'd shared, and picturing the worst of Aglaia's possible reactions to her new daughters. She'd heard the gods could be uncaring toward their offspring, disdainful even. Perhaps she shouldn't have come here, just raised the little ones in secret and silence.

But she had come here, and her daughters deserved to know their heritage, and to at least know of the family to which they belonged, the proud lineage of which they were a part. Slowly Parvana lifts her head and smiles nervously. She watches for Aglaia's reaction as she straightens her posture, twin bundles held close to her chest. "Hello," she manages, her voice quavering.

A million excuses and words want to tumble from her mouth--don't worry, I'll take care of them--you don't even have to visit--please don't be angry--but she remains silent, offering the first word to the Goddess.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:26 am
Aglaia stepped closer to complete the embrace but she stopped short when she noticed that Parvana had stuff in her arms. Presents maybe? Aglaia didn't know exactly what came wrapped like tha---

Wait, maybe she did.

"Hiya-- Babies?!"

"Aww! You brought your babies! May I see them?" She clasped her hands together and fluttered her smaller wings to lift up to tip toe to try and look over the tops of the swaddling. Her wings were getting stronger. She hoped by next holiday they'd be full grown. Give her a fair chance of escaping her mother's wrath.

Aglaia loved babies. They were cute and harmless and had such cute little chubby cheeks. And there always seemed to be a whole lot of them on the island around this time of year.

((So I decided Aglaia doesn't know about the temple being taken over cuz she's been hiding on the main land, and hasn't heard anything. The alter, we can assume is one on a different site, like maybe Artemis' or Tonantzin's since I doubt their altars are in Venus' mainland temple.))
Menelie

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:07 pm
The Goddess seemed...delighted to see them? Like she'd expected her to show up with infants? That hadn't been the reaction Parvana had expected at all. But then, something about the way Aglaia had said your babies doesn't sit right with her. It's odd, somehow. But she pushes it away from her mind and nods right away, offering one of the bundles to the Goddess. "Of course, of course," she says. During the transfer, the cloth falls away from the infant's head, revealing a cheerful blonde head of hair.

That's when Parvana remembers Aglaia's words. Your babies. The Goddess hadn't been expecting them at all--she must think that these little ones were Parvana's from before! Her cheeks flush red again, and suddenly she wishes she hadn't given the baby over to her. What if she needed to flee from the Goddess' wrath after all? She'd have to snatch the bundle and run. What if Aglaia took her anger out on the baby? Parvana bites her bottom lip. Best to break this news slowly.

"So..." She struggles to find words, beginning to sweat nervously. "H-how have you been this past season?" she finishes lamely. Think, Parvana, think!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:37 am
The Fae's nervousness did not escape Aglaia's attention. It concerned her -- even made her a little wary -- but she kept that thought in the back of her mind. She did use it though to make sure she didn't make any sudden movements. Didn't want to scare her off or anything. At least, she didn't think she wanted to. Parvana didn't seem like a foe, an agent of Eris or her mother ... never can be too careful though.

But this one was so delighting on our date! Even if circumstances were a little weird. Aglaia glowed with the idea that maybe quite possibly it was a mortal that didn't hate her.

Aglaia accepted the offering to hold one of the little babies. When she saw the little mop of golden curls, she smiled. "So beautiful. She's got hair like the Goddess Venus herself." She wanted to squish the little cheeks. It should be a crime to have such cheeks!

The little infant made a little noise and yawned. Her eyes fluttered open to see a stranger staring back.

"Green eyes!" She looked to Parvana wanting to say they had their mother's eyes, but she noticed, that this one didn't. Must be the father's. "Do they both share green eyes?" she asked peeking at the other one while cradling the infant in her arms.

"So what brings you here... I mean, what can I do for you? You wanted to see me?"

Still, it didn't occur to her that she could have fathered any babies. Even if that little girl looked just like her. Suprise Venus Day babies was her brothers' schtick, not the girls. Aside from that weird one, normally the mortals don't want to introduce their offspring to her.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:58 pm
Watching Aglaia coo at her daughter makes Parvana's heart leap in her chest, and firms her resolve to tell the Goddess about them. They're the picture of beauty, together. Mother and daughter. Aglaia had a glow about her, a radiance that the girls shared. Parvana feels like such a...a...peasant compared with them.

"They're twins," Parvana agrees, nodding to answer the Goddess' question. "Identical, as far as I can tell," she adds.

Then had come the question about why she was here. Parvana bites her lip and nods again. "I did want to see you. I..." Here we go...it's all or nothing now. "I wanted to bring the girls to see you. They're so beautiful." She hesitates for a moment. "They look like their mother."

Parvana chews on her bottom lip, waiting for a response from Aglaia, watching the Goddess' face carefully.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:10 pm
Aglaia didn't quite catch what Parvana was saying at first. "How adorable they look like their moth....er" She trailed off and was quiet for a moment before carefully handing the baby back to Parvana. "They're really lovely. But I am not sure you have the right Pae." Certainly they're not hers, because she wasn't pregnant. But Iordanes ... one night. No, one night couldn't have done this. Could it?

Oh how Himeros will have a field day with this one.

Nervously, Aglaia twiddles her fingers, unsure now how to act or what to say. Was she supposed to raise them? Was that why the fae was here? Were they really hers? Sure they may have resembled her, but ... they kind of resembled a few others in her family, too. Finally, she decides to just be honest. "Two of them? Identical you said? That is truly unique. Usually only one child results from trysts with my brothers. I'm glad to meet them, what are their names?"

She wondered now what Parvana may want of her.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:16 pm
Parvana senses the change in Aglaia's demeanor, and she mentally backs off. She takes the other baby back into her arms and shifts to hold them both comfortably. She'd acquired quite the muscles in her arms since she'd had them.

"Identical," she agrees with a nod. "Their names are Aliza and Zuleika." She lifts each baby slightly as she names her. She smiles a little bit, but one of Aglaia's comments had gotten under her skin. Combined with I am not sure you have the right pae, the remark that usually only one child results from trysts with my brothers communicated that not only was Aglaia denying the children were hers...she was implying that Parvana had slept with one of the other gods! What kind of woman did she think Parvana was?

"I didn't have a tryst with one of your brothers," she says calmly, simply. She knows such a statement is dangerous, as clearly Aglaia is already on edge, but as a woman Parvana must defend her honor. If not for her own sake than for the sake of her daughters. She was not a loose woman. "In fact," she adds, deciding that she might as well go for broke, "I haven't had a tryst with anyone as of late, except one." Her tone is defensive, not accusatory. She's just trying to uphold her reputation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:12 pm
Lightning flashed in Aglaia's eyes for only a moment. She felt a rage build, but quickly let it go. She opted to try and understand this Fae instead of fight her. "I wasn't denying what happened. I remember it quite vividly." She crossed her arms in front of her and walked a few steps to the side of Parvana, surveying the mother of her twins, looking as though she's measuring something.

"I wasn't accusing you of being with one of my brothers. It was merely an observation. Twins aren't exactly common on Dolandor. In fact, these may be the only ones." Aglaia tried to get another look at their little faces. They were adorable; she'd expect nothing less of her own offspring.

"I have been male once in my life, for one night. Forgive me if I did not immediately consider I could have fathered any babies. Wasn't my first thought. I always believed I'd carry my own children when the time came." She added, growing annoyed and ready to just leave. Her heart rate increased and her breaths became a bit shallow, but she tried to hide the growing anxiety. "I appreciate you bringing them here to meet me. A courtesy my brothers' babymommas didn't offer. May I see them again?"

She considered her options. Should she take them and raise them where they belong; being children of the gods. Should she leave them to their mortal life? Could she separate them?

"What do you wish of me?"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:33 pm
Parvana had been bracing herself for a verbal barrage, but Aglaia had kept her tone even. This surprises Parvana, who chances a glance up at the Goddess' face. Twins weren't common on Dolandor? It stood to reason, she supposes, since identical twins weren't common anywhere. Perhaps only a whole handful on the whole isle. The idea of such uniqueness brings a little smile to Parvana's face.

There, the annoyance in Aglaia's voice had returned. Parvana stands very still. She'd hate to incur the wrath of the gods....Venus could be vengeful, and Aglaia was her favorite. And all of them had powers beyond anyone on the isle...

She's asking to see them again. Parvana bites her bottom lip. She's hesitant to give either of the girls over again, not when it's so tense and dangerous. But would it be worse not to? Parvana nods and gives Zuleika this time over to Aglaia. Let them both have a chance to be held by the Goddess. Hopefully she wouldn't wake.

The last question disarms her. She hadn't expected that. Not at all. She'd expected to come here and deliver the news and be sent away. She'd expected to never hear from Aglaia again. "I..." she begins, her voice cracking. "I don't know...I don't wish anything of you, necessarily," she says with a nervous shrug. "I just thought you should know is all."

After a moment's pause, she adds, "What do you wish of me?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 pm
Aglaia takes the child in her arms, pushing the blanket from her face. She was amazed. Identical to the one she held before, she thinks. She looks to the other one. Amazing.

"I just thought you should know."

Okay, so Aglaia can deal with that. It wasn't as bad as she was expecting. She expected something much more ... committed. But the thought of just meeting them was okay and acceptable.

"May I hold the other?" She asks and reaches for the one named Aliza. She looks at both babies in her arms, and is simply impressed. "Wow, they really are the same. Do you think they will be the same as they grow? They are good sleepers, I think. I thought babies cried a lot" But the daughters of the Goddess of Beauty are of course well-behaved. Unlike some daughters of ... well, I guess not God of Lust anymore. A tangent went off in her mind as she wondered then how their long-lost sister ended up with a crazy daughter. No, actually, it did make sense.

She ponders why Parvana would think Aglaia would want anything from her. Oh! "Can I have one?"

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:40 pm
Parvana is somewhat reluctant to let both of her children go to the Goddess, but she smiles and nods and hands the other over. "I'm sure they'll develop their own personalities as they grow," she responds. Now what do I do with my hands? After a moment of fidgeting, she clasps them in front of her. "I hear that infants do most of their growing while they're asleep," she offers with a little smile. She hopes for just a second that maybe everything would turn out alright. Aglaia didn't seem angry anymore.

And then there's that.

"C-c-can you wha...what?" asks Parvana, eyes as wide as saucers. She thinks she might faint. This was the worst thing possible! "I-I-I hadn't thought to separate them..." She tries to stall for time. She couldn't very well refuse the Goddess, but she can't imagine giving up one of her babies. She'd gotten so attached to them. But then, didn't Aglaia deserve some role in parenting? And she couldn't very well live with Parvana to take care of them. And Parvana obviously wouldn't be going to Dolandor. Didn't the girls deserve their divine heritage? They were goddesses, just like their mother. It would be downright selfish of her to deny them that. She bites her bottom lip and looks at Aglaia, unsure of what to do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 pm
Aglaia saw the worry and stress the question caused, though she was unsure of the reasons why. She handed one of the babies back to the Fae and held the other out to look in her face. "They're the same. They belong to both of us. Seems reasonable that I have one, right?"

She took the baby back in close, petting the little blond curls.

Since there's never been twins before, she had no idea what the protocol was for this sort of situation. What would happen if she brought an infant home? She considers that if her mother was there, she'd be elated. Another little chubby cheeked cherub. She'd never had a chance to know her grandkids and Aglaia thinks maybe she could be the first to let Venus have a role in one of her granddaughter's lives. It complete escapes her stream of thought that Venus was the one who raised Voluptas. That would ruin her rational, too.

A sudden smell wafted up from the baby. Aglaia furls her brow and tries to cover her nose. "What in the world is that smell?" she gags a little, "oh my, I think it got in my mouth!" she gags more, nearly dropping the child. A bout of panic hit her heart at the thought of nearly dropping the precious bundle. But the smell! "Is that normal?"

She quickly unloads the stinky infant on Parvana. She did not know babies could create that big of a stink. They're so little! She knew they'd poop, but she figured they were small, so small smells. "What do you feed these things?"

Maybe having one of her own wasn't a good idea.

Antidia
Vice Captain

Sparkling Fairy

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:54 pm
They belong to both of us? She's technically right, but...it isn't like they're objects that they can just share. They're Pae. They need someone to take care of them. To raise them and help them be kind and decent. The language Aglaia used irks Parvana, but if she thinks she can raise the little ones right...who is she to deny them the chance to be raised among gods?

Annnnd then there was the smell. Parvana has to quickly wipe an amused smile from her face as she takes her daughter back into her arms. She hadn't quite gotten used to the smell either, but she manages to shrug offhandedly, like she's an old pro. Anything to make herself seem like a suitable parent. "What do I feed them?" she repeats, blinking a few times. "Just milk...that's all their little tummies can handle right now." Again with these things. The language Aglaia uses to talk about her children, as if they're pets instead of Pae, makes Parvana hope that the smell would offput her enough to just want to visit with the twins instead of raise one full-time.

If she weren't so concerned about the future of her daughters, Aglaia's reaction might have made her wonder if the gods don't poop.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff