Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage II [IC]
[PRP] Good Distractions (Pan'eira, Kaneika & Allen)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:27 am
User Image

Kaneika loved travelling with a companion, though it was rare that it happened. It was just so boring travelling on your own all the time. Sure, she met a couple of people a day, but when she wanted to talk, there was usually no one around to satisfy that craving. So a travel companion was perfect! Except...well, sometimes she wished that this particular travel companion would shut her mouth, rather than craving that she would converse with her.

She was a lovely girl, don't get her wrong, but they had very different personalities, and they differed on one huge topic.

Kaneika wished she'd never told her companion of her plan.

User Image

Daintly stepping over a particularly dusty patched of the savannah, Pan'eira shot her companion a bewildered look. They'd been travelling together for a while, having known each other many moons ago, and deciding to travel together after bumping into each other by the watering hole. Pan'eira didn't claim to know all there was to know about her companion, but still...some of her choices were weird.

"Just tell me again, why?" She asked, still sounding baffled. "It's just...you've got so much still to live for!"

Kaneika sighed heavily. "I've decided to start a family, not throw myself into a lake, Eira, calm down."

She scanned the landscape desperately, trying to find something to distract her companion with. Anything to stop the conversation!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Schezar, or Allen, as he went by since he could talk, stretched himself out lazily and languidly. The blond maned lion had been sleeping upon a sun heated rock during the day. The ladies had been hard to come by, leaving the lion to hone his hunting skills as well as his foot work. He raced a friendly green cheetah male that happened by every now. Honestly he chalked it up to training that he was so tired lately and had nothing to do with the fact he was a tad lazy, given his carefree nature.

Sighing slowly, the lion rolled off the rock and landed with a plume of dust on the savanna ground, hearing some of the dead grass crunch beneath his paws and winced. Well that was loud. At least to him. Just as he arched his back to pop it, he heard what sounded like two female voices coming from some ways in the distance. Raising his head, he squinted blue eyes to spot a pale dot and a not so pale dot on the horizon.

Grinning to himself, the large male shook himself free of dust and headed their way, padding his way towards them with what could only be described as a saunter. Seeing that they were wild dogs, once he got close enough, the blue and white lion just grinned and let the charm pour off of him. "Good day, ladies," he said, giving them something of a bow, not knowing what they were talking about. "You two look absolutely ravishing in the sun today."
Velveteen Angel

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 am
Saint Sergio

There wasn't much that could distract Eira when she get off on a rant or got stuck to a topic, but there was a definite distraction, and it was sauntering their way.

"Well hello there," Pan'eira spoke brightly. She wasn't into lions but the male before her was a delightful specimen, despite the horrible choice in species. "You don't look too bad yourself!" It was such a terrible waste that he was lion.

Kaneika could have simultaneously did a happy dance and smacked her companion with a tree branch at her reaction to the lion approaching. Kaneika treated him with more caution, nodding at him in greeting.

"I think you mean ravenous," she corrected, knowing that neither had eaten that day. She did, however, offer him a smile, despite her lack of swooning from his charm.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:12 am
Allen just kept that smile plastered on his face and offered up a little chuckle. "If you're hungry, I happen to know there's a heard of zebra not too far, and hares are littered throughout the savanna here. A watering hole not too far away," he said, nodding sagely. He made this area his home because of the plentiful food supply and the fact the watering hole seemed to be free of fish and other sorts of unsavory water dwellers. It didn't seem to be connected to a stream, but rather, magically filled up and then over flowed with rain.

"If you're looking for a good place to rest, continue this way," he said, pointing to his left with his paw. "There's a tree there, that'll offer shade against the sun, and it's in a fairly decent hiding spot." Anything to be helpful to females of any species. Ladies were to be treated with respect! After all, who knew where love would lead him.

"Forgive my manners, I'm Schezar. You lovely ladies, can call me Allen."

Velveteen Angel

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:07 am
Saint Sergio

"Well, aren't you helpful!" Eira said cheerfully. "What a sweet male you are."

She bowed her head to him. "Greetings, Schezar - Allen. My name is Pan'eira, and this is my travel companion, for now, Kaneika!" She smiled at him. It was such a pity he was a lion...

"Thank you," Kaneika said, faintly surprised at how helpful the male was being. It was...odd. Nice, but odd. Usually species was a bit...of a divide for many. Though they were civil, they were rarely this nice to people of another species.
Or maybe that was just the people that Kaneika had met.

"It seems like this is a quite nice area," she mused. Food, shelter and water? Seemed like they hit the jackpot here!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:14 pm
He was, gentleman. If there was a damsel in distress he was going to help them, no matter the species. These two were in distress of needing food, somewhere to sleep, and he was able to help them out. Of course, Allen was also flirting just a tad bit with them. His tail flicked behind him as he gave a little chuckle. "I'm thinking you two haven't run into many kind males out here? They're there, I promise, just... few and far between sometimes. " He gave them both a bit of a wink before he chuckled deeply again.

"So tell me, where are you two heading? Anywhere specific, or are you just passing through?"
Velveteen Angel

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:45 pm
Saint Sergio

Eira couldn't even fathom her disapointment at his species in this moment. He was such a flirt, and Eira loved a good flirt! She wished it would be more, but alas, he was a lion and lions were icky.

"I don't suppose you know any kind wild dog males, do you?" She threw out her comment with a wink and a sly smile. "Those seem pretty rare in these lands!"

Kaneika counted to ten in her head, hoping to not throttle her flirty companion, but at his question, answered it. Mostly to stop Eira flirting so heavily with him, to be perfectly honest.

"We are wandering at the moment, but we are actually looking for one of our friends. She's a wild dog as well, a brown one, quite active and a little bit too brawnsy for her own good. Her name is Aleu," Kaneika explained.

"You haven't seen her, have you?"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:21 pm
"As it happens," he said, looking at Eira, "I do know of one or two of them. There used to be a pack somewhere nearby, but it fell to chaos and broke up pretty recently." Allen rolled his shoulders a little and just looked from one to the other. "There's one, I forget his name.. Hirange, maybe? He's a cobalt sort of blue fellow. Gruff around the edges, but he's a kind male. One more than one occasion we've hunted together and he's more than willing to share with me."

Of course, he was a lion, so a bit of fear might have gone into that decision, but Allen believed in the kindness of others. So, he chalked it up to that particular wild dog being nice.

Then he looked to Kaneika and blinked a little, tilting his head. "Mn, it doesn't seem like a familiar description. I can keep an eye out for her and send her in the direction you two are going if I stumble my way upon her."

Velveteen Angel

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:24 am
Saint Sergio

Eira felt a tendril of excitement. It had been ages since she had run into a fun male of her species - all of the ones she had met recently had been so dull. "Oh really?" She asked, fascinated. "And where might this pack be located? You have no idea how much I crave some fascinating company of my own species!"

She couldn't help but slant Kaneika a sideways glance. "My current company is a little...lackluster, you might say." While friends, Eira was not that keen on sticking around with Kaneika as she might have intended earlier. Kaneika and Eira had far different motivations in life, and Eira intended to keep it that way.

Kaneika barely reacted to the insult which was thrown her way by her travel companion, having gotten pretty used to being insulted in most every sentence over the last few weeks travelling with Eira. That didn't mean it didn't hurt, but Kaneika was good at covering that all up.

"Thank you," she said to the lion. "I would very much appreciate it. We lost track of her a while back, and we're quite eager to meet up with her again." Well, Kaneika was. Eira was not all that fussed. If Kaneika and Eira were chalk and cheese, Aleu was like...gravel.

"What are you doing out here, Allen?" She queried, realising that they had never asked him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:05 am
"Ah, my lady, I said used to be. I do not know if they are there or not, but I believe if you head south there'll be a pack within a two day walk. Or, at the least, you can pick up the scent and see if you can find another one by following it." He looked to Eira with a little grin and then looked at Kaneika when the insult was thrown.

Besides an arched brow and his eyes full of amusement, he didn't comment. It wasn't his place. "No trouble at all. Helping lovely females such as yourself gives me great pleasure."

Then the question about himself was asked and he shook his head. "Simply living. Spending each day to it's fullest, I suppose. At least for now. I'm on the look out for a few friends I'm not even sure are around, but that's the surprise." He flashed them both a quick grin and rolled his shoulders lazily.

Velveteen Angel

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:47 am
Saint Sergio
We can finish this in your next post <3 Sorry for the super delayed response

"Well if we see anyone looking lost or searching for their friends, we'll be sure to send them your way as well," Kaneika assured. "Though we should really leave you be. We should keep looking for our friend, or this new pack, I suppose. She may have gone there, if she heard there were other dogs around." She mused, almost to herself.

She nudged Pan'eira roughly. "Come on, Eira. Let's go."

She glanced back to Allen with a smile. "Safe travels and thank you again!"

Eira pouted at being told that they were leaving, but she, despite her insults, was actually keen to find their friend Aleu, and that wasn't going to happen with her flirting with a lion.

Such a pity he wasn't a wild dog.

"Bye handsome," she said with a wink. "Thanks for the gorgeous company to distract me for a while."

She allowed Kaneika to shove her, and began to move away, swaying her hips dramatically as she left and shooting Allen a wink as she did so.

[IC] Rogue Lands - Overflow Storage II [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games