Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:01 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Well, that was deeply, deeply stupid.

The sun had nearly reached its peak and below, in the grasses gently tousled by the winds, Za lay on her back, staring upwards. She looked normal enough, as if the lioness were just skygazing on this particularly clear day. And if anyone believed her, then she would have been more than grateful.

No, Zamarath was unfortunately not just enjoying the sights. That's what her day had started out as being; just an easy day of relaxing and enjoying the sights. But some sort of childish urge had compelled her to chase down a rodent. The rodent, it seemed, was too clever and had ducked into a hole quick enough to send the lioness into a tumble. Extremely embarrassed, and with a probably sprained paw, Za had decided just to lay there until something drove her to return home. Or maybe until she perished from her embarrassment.

As long as no one came by, she'd be fine.

The lioness huffed, blowing her bangs out of her face as she muttered to herself. It was a nice day, at least. Rain had come during the evening but, thankfully, it didn't seem to be returning anytime soon. But, knowing her luck...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:40 am
oo DeD

Insha had not seen her fall, but he did see her laying on the ground and was very glad for the sight. He smiled to himself at recognizing her, padding toward her with a bounce in his step. He was happier since he'd run into her the first time and was keeping his word: he was doing his best to get up earlier and spend more time out and about.

He appeared over her, looking down, his mane pulled forward around his face by gravity as he grinned at her. He canted his head to the side, but because he was standing at her head that just made him look even more strange. Now he was upside down and skewed sideways.

"Hello, Za! What are you up to? This looks like a nice spot for a rest, but I thought you liked to start your day early?" He laughed lightly, not realizing she had hurt herself or that this was not a choice made deliberately. He was just caught up in being glad to see her, and oblivious to the way she was holding her paw up, or the less than amused expression that had been on her face when he'd reached her.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:25 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Well great. This was great. Out of all the people to run into.

Zamarath's face flushed immediately as the familiar face appeared above hers. "Insha!" she called quickly, trying her best to conceal the half-flinch that she gave as the lion appeared, and the wince that quickly followed it. Za was happy to see him, she'd admit that (or maybe not, she wasn't quite sure yet). Happy to have him see her on this most unfortunate of occasions? Less so.

"It's, uh, nice to see you. I'm just..." the lioness huffed her bangs out of her face as she looked past him towards the sky. "sight-seeing? Taking a break? It seemed.. uh, appropriate on this nice of a day."

She gave him a half-smile, setting her good paw under his chin. "You seem quite chipper today, 'sha," Za teased. "Are you just out for a leisurely walk?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:55 pm
oo DeD

Insha was surprised by her wince as she looked at him, wondering if she was upset to see him? He was hoping to run into her but he did not want to put her out, certainly. If she was busy, too busy for his company, he would certainly leave... the last thing he wanted to do was upset her, after just starting to get to know her as a friend.

That was important to him.

"You're not sure what you're doing?" he asked, tilting his head and then trying to look at her the right side up, but getting a bit mixed up and making himself dizzy. He had to right his head, shaking his mane a bit to unrattle his rattled brain. He smiled at her, though, looking down after a moment once he had his bearings.

"I was looking for you, actually. I wanted to see if you wanted to do something, but if you're already doing something maybe I could join you? Or not, I don't want to mess anything up, of course. I mean. You know. Uh."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:43 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"Of course I know what I'm doing!" she called defensively, puffing her hair out of her face. Za paused and wrinkled her nose. She was glad to see him. Spending time with Insha had been quite fun. The last thing she wanted to do was put him off. But at the same time, the pride in her made it difficult her own fault.

"Looking for me?" Za quirked a brow, unable to hide the little smile that perked her features. After a few moments, the lioness sighed and rolled onto her side, looking up at him lazily. "Ah... I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so... cold. I just haven't feeling well, I suppose..." her voice trailed off as she patted the ground beside her, a motion for him to sit. "But I would love to do something with 'ya. Anything in mind?" She was almost beaming.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:35 pm
oo DeD

Insha watched her curiously. He had not seen her acting this way before, and he wasn't too sure how to take it. There had to be something wrong here, right? She wouldn't just turn on him and not like him without him knowing what he did, right? They had been getting along so well, after all...

He smiled when she rolled over and moved to sit down next her, then lay down slowly. He stretched as he settled down, sighing and feeling immediately better. He liked to be laying down, even with his vows of being more active.

Old habits died hard.

"I don't have any ideas, really. We could go hunt something, or find a nice place to explore? I don't get out too much so there's a lot of this place that I don't know. We could go find some water to swim in or see if we can catch a fish?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:07 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Oh jeez. That all sounded very... active.

Za gave a wry smile. "That sounds like a lot of fun, Insha," she said against her better judgement, and she mentally scolded herself for it immediately afterwards. The lioness rolled onto her back again and stretched her back out, shaking her hair out of her face. "I don't know much about this place, either. I mean, I've been around just as long as you."

The lioness yawned. She'd been laying around for long enough to where she was starting to feel the effects of the lazy day. It was the sort of feel that didn't sit well with her. Za hadn't decided if the feeling of inactivity was worse than the feeling of bruised pride.

"Is there anywhere in particular that you'd like to go? I think there's some interesting rivers and ravines over that way," she said with a smile, motioning with her tail.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:03 pm
oo DeD

Insha had no idea that she was in pain or that she was not up to doing the active things he had offered as ideas. He was just trying to have some fun with her, and thought they were the kinds of things she would like to do.

Who didn't like exploring, right?

"I'd like to go and explore some rivers and ravines! If you know where they are, I'd love to look at them. Are you okay? You seem to be a little... uhm. Off? I don't know. I'm not interrupting anything, am I?"

He was not generally a worrier, but he did not want to push her too hard, or upset her. He smiled at her gently, tilting his head to the side and then lowering it to his paws. He looked up at her with his doe eyes and offered her a silly smile.

"We could just lay here instead, of course."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:04 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Those eyes. Oh man those eyes. How could she say no to that?

"No, no , let's go! Really, In, there's nothing I'd like to do more than go on a little adventure with you." Za rolled onto her belly, sure to brace herself away from her injured paw. She honestly didn't know what she was doing. Clearly she couldn't fake it for an entire walk, let alone an adventure through a ravine.

But... but she really did want to go. And it didn't seem that unreasonable. Though really, it was probably just her excitement clouding her judgement.

Za did her best to stand, getting on three legs. "I think it's only a few minute's walk in this direction," she murmured before stepping forward... and promptly landing on her face. Well that was just great. The lioness muttered something under her breath, puffing her hair out of her face.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:38 am
oo DeD

Insha watched her for a long moment, then smiled and nodded his head. He moved closer to her, nudging her gently in an effort to help her up, though he got to his paws before she had even rolled over. He watched her happily, excited to be spending some time with her and still oblivious to her plight.

He nodded at her directions and moved to turn that way, but stopped when he heard a thump behind him. He paused, looking back at her with wide eyes.

"Are... are you okay?"

He hurried back to her, stooping down on his front paws and lowering his face to hers, crouching on the ground. He looked very concerned, if not a little silly with his butt in the air.

"What happened? Did you trip? Are you hurt?"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:11 pm
Lithia_Brandon

She should have just said she didn't want to go anywhere. It's not like he would have held it against her, or anything. But there was something in the lioness that didn't want to say no to spending time with him and that part of her, evidently, wanted it more than the parts of her that didn't want to look like a fool.

Still, Za felt like she wanted to bury her face in the dirt and never come out again. This was beyond embarrassing. Acting all weird and falling on her face? She should have backed out while she was, well, not ahead, but at least not this far behind.

There was a moment's pause before she spoke. "Ah... yeah. I'm..." she sighed, setting her chin on the ground. She hadn't brought up the courage to look up at him yet. "I hurt my paw earlier. It's nothing serious, just really, really..." Za paused again. "You must think I'm remarkably stupid." As she spoke, the lioness looked up at him with knit brows. She had to physically hold back the smile that she almost gave, seeing him in that position.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 am
oo DeD

"We should wait a second. I don't think you should be walking around if you hurt your paw! The last thing I want is for you to hurt it more, walking around. Let's just sit here, and relax, okay?"

He stooped close to her, watching her and trying to catch her gaze, his head down low on the ground and his eyes peering at her from under his thick mane. He smiled at her and looked rather stupid, but he didn't mind it, so much, if it made her feel better about things.

"I don't think you're stupid. It's not uncommon for lions to hurt themselves around here, is it? I mean, with the terrain what it is. Everyone falls down. If you had told me I wouldn't have tried to push you into going on some sort of an adventure with me. We can just hang out here instead. That sounds just as nice."

He scooted his body around to lay down nearer to her, at least putting his butt down now and lifting his head a bit more. He watched her with a smile, looking calm about the whole thing. He did not know why she would be so afraid to tell him something like that, but he did not want her feeling like she had to hide.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:28 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Zamarath made a sound that resembled some sort of exacerbated but relieved sigh. "Yeah, I guess you're right," she mumbled under the breath. She rolled onto her side, setting her head back into his mane and looking at him. All considering, she seemed comfortable with her crippled situation. Comfortable enough to get close to him without making it seem... weird. The embarrassment seemed to be washing away.

"Idunno," Za said, her gaze turning from him upwards. "I find myself... well. Caring about what you think." The last part of her sentence came out as a mumble, as if she didn't really want to admit to it. "I don't want to be, y'know, a let down. Or whatever." There was no point in hiding anymore, she figured. She'd already made as much of a fool of herself as she could, hurting herself and dragging out the situation by not admitting to it in the first place.

She looked back to him, her nose wrinkling in a little smile at his goofy face.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:58 am
oo DeD

He smiled and let her lean against him, closing his eyes for a moment and noting just how at peace he felt. It was like a moment he wanted to make sure he took special notice of, and that he could remember later. He did look at her when he spoke though, smiling.

"I sort of feel the same way," he said after an embarrassed beat. He smiled at her reassuringly, but very sheepish all of a sudden. "I mean. I don't want to disappoint you or anything like that, either. I just uhm..."

He tried to think of the right way to say it, then moved to bump her lightly.

"I just want you to like me, I guess, and to be happy when you're with me, so you'll... want to hang out with me again. That sounds pretty lame now that I hear it out loud, I thought I could make it sound a bit better than that... I don't know. Uhm. Anyway, you shouldn't worry about embarrassing yourself, or letting me down. I'm pretty flexible and easy."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:21 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Za fell silent for a few moments. Thoughtful. After a minute or two she pressed her head further into Insha's mane, turning her salmony eyes towards him. "I am. Uh, happy, that is." Her voice trailed off. Was this as corny as it sounded? She hoped not.

The lioness looked up to the sky. It really was a nice day. Relatively warm for the season. The wind blew up towards the mountain. It smelled like the fields below. Zamarath found herself remarkably content with just lazing around.

"I guess there's nothing wrong with a day of just laying around with some nice company, hm?" She smiled at him. "It's a nice little change of pace." Her tail bumped him. "And you make some pretty pleasant company, In."

[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff