Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:51 pm
User Image

Rainbow Sherbet, or Bert as he liked to be called, sighed and hung his head. Another sweets maker's tragedy was concocted. Defeated, he tossed the failed treats into the garbage and grumbled to himself. This new land was harder to live in that he had imagined. There was no electricity, so there were no electric ovens that kept a well regulated temperature. There were no blenders. No Refrigerators or Freezers... No stove ranges...

His bottom lip quivered softly. He'd have to relearn how to make all his precious sweets back from square one! How depressing.

Not to mention, the menu of ingredients had changed drastically as well. There wasn't much one could do for now, so he turned towards the door. Perhaps a walk would do him some good. Especially considering the fact that he'd, for the most part, kept to himself since the arrival to Laisidhiel. He had little to no reason to go exploring until now. His old home had been destroyed. He was left with literally nothing. He, like so many others, had to start over completely and Bert - usually a social butterfly and flirt extraordinaire - wanted nothing to do with the world until recently. So he had kept quiet, practically invisible and kept to the background.

But not today. Today he decided to branch out a bit.... if only to find out more about how to make sweets in a pure fire place oven....

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:17 pm
User Image

Hydrangea had kept to himself since the move, mostly out of shyness. He had spoken to a few other faun, but only briefly and he faintly remembered their names. He did remember those with superb hair though. Not quite like his own but still great. He had also learned of a few new flowers to this land, which was the reason why he was out and about today.

He had strolled outside to find where several of these plants grew, hoping to collect them to take them back to his own personal garden. He enjoyed nothing more than waking up to a fresh arrangement of flowers, smelling the sweet scents, greeting each one with a hardy hello.

It was with these thoughts that he left his room, prepared for a journey all his own. His mind had so been wrapped up on these thoughts that he hadn't noticed the brightly green pegasai coming his way. Only until he had near about bumped into the green fellow did he actually stop and jerk back.

"Good heavens, please forgive me!" he blurted.

Hey, this guys mane and tail were gorgeous!!

Seruta

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:33 pm
Bert blinked and turned. He hadn't watched where he was going upon coming out of his room so he jumped a bit at hearing a voice so close behind him.

Magenta eyes blinked at the other male, taking in the figure with mild curiosity. And that Hair! Gorgeous and flowing! They'd been in this tree for nearly a year now. Why hadn't he noticed this guy sooner?!

"Oh! Pardon me. I..." he blushed faintly. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

He stepped aside and waved a hand to allow the other to pass.

"Forgive me if I'm a bit too forward, but... what soaps do you use for your mane?" he asked, tilting his head. The blue and white stripes reminded him of this one delicious little treat he used to make all the time back in Equestria. It was almost nostalgic to look at....

"Oh, Sorry. I'm Rainbow Sherbet. But you can call me Bert, if you like." he smiled.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:11 pm
"Oh no I wasn't paying attention either, so I am to blame as well." the green unicorn smiled, chuckling awkwardly.

Hyd's cheeks suddenly flushed a soft color as the other asked about what soaps he used for his hair. Did his mane look really that bad today? Had he not washed all the soaps out? No, no he couldn't have, he was almost meticulous about his grooming.

"Ah.. oh, a bit of Lavender today that I've kept since we had to leave home." he smiled and tilted his head. Rainbow Sherbet, that seemed a fitting name, matched his mane and tail that was for sure. But where were his manners today?! "I'm Hydrangea, Pleasure to meet you Bert. Of, if you like, you can call me Hyd." he smiled, holding out his hand.

"May.. I ask why you wish to know about my soaps?" he said, tilting his head curiously.

Seruta

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:19 pm
Bert shook his head with a shrug. "It's just..."

He smiled awkwardly then rubbed the back of his neck. "Your mane is absolutely..." he fished for the right words. 'Delicious!' Nah... too creepy. "... Exquisite!"

"Not to sound weird, or anything, but it reminds me of a particularly delicious little treat I used to make back home..." his face fell slightly. "Er, I mean, Equestria..."

He turned, taking a few steps onward before pausing again. "I've been trying to recreate all of my favorites here, but the ingredients and cooking methods are so vastly different, it's been hard coming up with all new recipes to recreate them."

He blinked and turned, blushing a bit. "Ah, sorry. I went off on a ramble, didn't I."

Fea Line

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:39 pm
Exquisite? Was his mane really.... Exquisite?!

Blushing heavily, Hyd twiddled his thumbs in the ends of his hair. "Thank you, that means so much to me.... my mane is.. is like my child." he laughed softly. Ok now he was being weird.

But, Bert made candies? Or did? His predicament didn't sound as different as his own. Maybe not quite so, but still. "I am so sorry, that sounds quite rough. And no you aren't rambling....if anything I believe I may feel.. similar." he said with a soft sigh.

"Except, not candies but flowers. I used to sell flowers back home and do landscaping for others..... but here.... well... there's not much to landscape." he said softly, deflating a little. That wasn't to mention his favorite flowers, most were native to Equestria only and he doubted he could just pop back in for a visit to get some...

Seruta

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:01 pm
"Oh? Did you by chance have anything to do with the garden around Sugar Cube Corner?"

It was a long shot, as not many people came from Ponyville. But those that did knew about Sugar Cube Corner. It was only the best sweet's shop in Ponyville. Bert didn't come from Ponyville, himself, but he often went there for supplies. They had the best line of confections any sweet making pony could ask for. That, and the Cakes were a fine pair of sweets making ponies he had ever met. He frowned slightly, saddened that they didn't make the apocalypse (as Bert liked to call it in his head) to the new world with the rest of them.

"I'm sure there's something you could do..." he offered, tapping his chin. "The entry way of this place could use a bit more color, don't you think?"

Fea Line

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:56 am
Hydrangea smiled as the other mentioned something from his past. "Yes! I donated some flowers and helped them arrange it." he laughed, reaching up to twirl a strand of his mane around his fingers as he proceeded to get lost in memories.

It wasn't until the other suggested perhaps sprucing up the entry way to the tree did he manage to snap himself out of his thoughts. "Oh, that is an idea! Though.... would they take kindly to some green unicorn planting flowers all around?" he tilted his head.

"And what of you? There must be some secret to making your icecreams here that we haven't discovered yet." he grinned.

Seruta

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:41 pm
Bert merely shrugged at the idea. "Well, the worst thing they could do is tell you to stop." he offered. "They seem to like all things nature-like, so I doubt they'd protest to you aiding in adding a bit more of it to their outside." He gave a reassuring smile.

"Besides. If they do start to harass you, for whatever reason, tell 'em to come talk to me about it. It was my idea after all." he winked and patted Hyd on the shoulder before sighing deeply and returning to his thoughts on the other matter.

"I mean... I guess there's another way." He tapped at his chin again. "Gah. If only I had my grandmother's recipe book, I can remember how they did things before electricity." He began to pace a bit.

"You see, I need a way to make ice. Or at least a frigid enough temperature in a confined space to make it and contain it. If I can get ice, I can make all sorts of treats."

Having electricity had made things so much easier and care-free. It was amazing the things you missed after being accustomed to various luxuries.

Fea Line

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:09 pm
Hyd tilted his head a bit, staring at the other pegasus for a moment as he offered to be the backup if anything should go wrong. Laughing finally, he twisted his hands together nervously. Something about the pegasus made him feel... well really happy. "That sounds like a fantastic idea!" he beamed. It would feel so great to be able to plant again without worry.

But the frown on the other's face made Hydrangea frown as well. Listening to the other's story, he could relate. Though he didn't use an abundance of it, electricity did help in his landscaping business, for lights and such. Sighing, he tapped his finger to his chin. "I'm sorry I have no idea's how to contain ice, or get it. But I will help you however it takes, since you offered to be my body guard." he laughed, reaching over to gently place a hand on the other's shoulder. "It's the least I can do for a new friend!"

Seruta

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash