Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:38 am
User Image

It had taken a while for the stocky lion to actually notice the climate change or the squishy white stuff beneath his paws. The white stuff were up to his ankles by the time he really paid mind to it.

Tadmor looked down to examine the stuff closer.

"White."

The stout lion determined. He placed another paw in it to test the stuff further. There was a delightful crunching sound so the lion placed another paw down. Again, there was that delightful crunch. So he placed another step down. Unsurprisingly, another crunch.

"I don't know what you are. But I will call you Crunchy White," Tadmor finally concluded.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:50 am
User Image

Gunju had been on his daily duties, though this time he had a distraction. His ears were back, but he was quite happy. He just wanted to look tough for his mate as he did his rounds. He tried to focus hard on the white winter wonder land infront of him, but it was quite hard. The snow wasn't falling, and but the clouds threatened to drop more upon the ground. Gunju decided it was probably a little too cold to snow today, though he could hardly feel the chill of the air.

He looked to the side of him from time to time to get a glimpse of Rashida next to him. He was showing off, slightly. Or at least trying to. He had totally missed the lion close by to where they were. This was, probably, not the best idea.

User Image

Rashida, on the other hand, wasn't distracted at all. Nor was she really paying attention to Gunju's childish actions. She focused on the land in front of them and was following Gunju mostly to make sure the land was safe for a good hunt. He always was glad to help her as they moved about the land. She glanced at him from time to time, however.

Her attention came upon a brown and white lion ahead of them. "Gunju, someone's over there." She said as she decided to make a V-line straight for the lion without really waiting for him to acknowledge what she had said. When she got closer she smiled and called to him from the short distance that was now between them. "Good day."

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:05 pm
Tadmor was busily pressing a paw, or two, in to fresh patches of white crunchy stuff. He was to busy with this task to notice the two lions off to the side nor the female when she approached. That was, until she spoke up. This caused the lion to freeze mid step.

How much had she seen?

Tadmor derpily straightened him self up before turning to face this very familiar looking female. He couldn't place it, but her markings looked quite familiar. He was sure he'd never seen this lioness in his life though so the lion wrote it off as coincidence.

"Good day. Did you realize the grounds weird?" He stomped in it making a cracking squishing sound.

"You guys have a crunchy white stuff problem on your paws I believe."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:17 pm
Gunju hadn't noticed the other until Rashida had said something. Crap! He was already looking bad! No matter, by the time he caught up to her, the other was already asking them strange questions. He glanced at Rashida one more time and then looked back at the male and smiled. "It's actually quite common here." He said with a chuckle.

"It's not a problem, it's actually what keeps us safe." He said now thinking on the term 'white crunchy stuff' It was actually quite a good one. He never even thought of calling it that. "I call it white sand." he said with a nod. He could see that he could bond with this male pretty easily. They were similar. Well, probably not as similar as he was trying to make it seem.

Rashida gave Gunju a rather annoyed look and ended up rolling her eyes at him a bit. Sometimes he couldn't help it, he knew, but sometimes she wished he did. She smiled at the other and nodded. "It's less of a problem, but more of a blessing." She tried to say, even though Gunju seemed to cover it pretty well. She was more or less agreeing with him.

"I'm Rashida, and this is Gunju." She said with a smile. "These are the Schnee la Neige'milima lands"

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:28 pm
"White sand."

Tadmor paused and thought for a moment. That certainly made more since and was a bit more familiar to him than white crunchy stuff hailing from the desert and all.

"I like it. Its a good protection for sure. Confused the heck out of me." His paws started to feel a weird numb burning sensation. It was possible that he'd been feeling it for a while and just now seemed to notice the feeling. It felt bitter and unlike anything he felt before.

"It burns!" He stuck his snout in the stuff to get a closer look. His snout stayed buried in the white sand up until the female introduced the both of them and named the lands. Quickly, Tadmor removed his face from he white stuff.

"My names Tadmor. It is a pleasure to meet the both of you. Schneeeee hmm? That is a fun word."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:48 pm
"Not that your's isn't good, I haven't heard it before!" Gunju said fastly. Not trying to make it seem like his way of calling it was better than another's way of calling it. He just felt like he needed to share it. Though, it seemed the other was quite pleased with his way of thinking. It made him a little relieved. "Oh! It can be confusing at first." He chuckled.

Gunju had ignored the roll of Rashida's eyes. "Oh! It's not really burning, just really cold." he said with looking to her then back to the male "I think we need to get you out of the snow before we all freeze!"

Rashida let them talk for a moment and nodded at Tadmor. "Pleasure to meet you, and yes, it is quite a fun word to say." She giggled. Sure she couldn't always be the mature one. She smiled at the other now thinking about the word. She hadn't realized it as much before until the other had pointed it out. She pushed Gunju playfully. "Yes, it'd be good if we got out of the snow." She said as she shook her body a bit.

The snow slowly started up again, light small flakes. "We have some caves that are quite warm, if you're interested in getting out of the cold?"

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:57 pm
"Nah your name for this stuff is a lot better," He nodded.

Oh so it was cold. It wasn't quite like anything the lion had experienced before. Well, the deserts at night were quite cool but not like this.

Tadmor blinked.

"Out of the cold eh? Yeah that sounds like a good idea." It was quite a kind offer. It was also quite weird that the sand fell from the sky. Tadmor guessed there was just that much surplus of cold sand. Made since. Some times maybe it got trapped in the sky.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:08 pm
Gunju started to lead the way, not really waiting for anyone. Rashida was there too, so things would go where they needed to be. "The snow takes a while to get use to." He started not really sure if he was being listened to. Not that would stop him from rambling on about things.

"The caves aren't too far, if we hurry we'll be there in no time." He said with a chuckle to himself. He was so good at this, he thought. Oh how he could go on and on about all the greatness of this place, and not once would he say any of the really bad. Though, he would give his warnings of avalanches as it was protocol.

He'd wait for that when the other w as more comfortable inside the cave area.

Rashida nodded at the male and waited for him to follow Gunju, She'd take the back and make sure no one was to get lost. "There are hot springs inside the caves that keeps it fairly warm." she started with a nod. "Too warm for some, during the summer months even if the snow is still upon the ground all year." She said to the male. Despite it being snowy, it could get quite toasty considering.

"It's not good to stay too long out here when not use to it." she said with a sweet smile. "Also, I do apologize for Gunju, he can come off a little strong sometimes."

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:40 pm
Tadmor followed after the lioness and her mate being sure to make as loud of crunching noises as he could.

"Hot springs? I don't think I am familiar with that sort of thing. Hot spring? Sounds like its nice if its hotter than out here though. Warmth." He mused. Hmmm an all year round cold. Tadmor didn't mind the cold to bad. Specially if the caves were warm.

"Oh no he is fine. I dont mind." In all honesty he didn't notice much.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:50 pm
Gunju nodded, more to himself than to the male, as he was walking and not really looking at him. "Hot springs are warm small bodies of water." He said with a shrug. "like a small watering hole." He said, he had been told that by the king of the pride, who was told by the goddess, or had claimed to be told by her. He believed the king, no matter what.

"They're quite lovely, though I don't really like swimming in them." he said as he thought a bout it. He did enjoy placing a paw or two in it when no one was looking, but other then that it was just used for heat. Only cubs seemed to like to swim in it from time to time. He wasn't too sure though.

Rashida nodded with Gunju, more as a habit then actually wanting to be seen. "It's the only real place to get warm on a cold day." Today was colder than most, but she didn't seem to mind too much. Her fur was still not as thick as she thought it should be, but she had grown accustom to the weather. "If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!" she said with a sweet hum.

Rashida didn't like helping as much as Gunju did. She much rather boss other's around and tell them what needed to be done, but sometimes you had to bare a grin and act polite. She would let Gunju do any of the answering of the questions. He'd be faster at it anyways

Alpaca Chobi

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 pm
"Like a watering hole? Okay I think I understand." He really didn't but he wanted to at least sound like he did. He'd see for him self when the party encountered one he was sure. Was weird that water holes were cool while the rest of africa was hot and here it was topsy turny. Kind of odd if you were to ask a simple minded folk lion like Tadmor.

Crunch crunch crunch.

Tadmor was still quite amused with him self.

"Thank you both for your hospitality. I think a good rest is what I need," He yawned. "I wouldn't mind staying here if thats alright."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:06 pm
Gunju was pleased the other had wanted to stay, and was pleased that he sorta got what he was talking about, even if he didn't know that it wasn't true. He liked to think it was. He crunched the snow with him and seemed to try to be a bit more playful sort.

"Oh yes, rest is what is best!" He said with a nod and pointed him in the right direction. He would leave them both to do the rest of his rounds before calling it a day. Night was close after all.

Rashida nodded to the male and bowed her head. "The pleasure is all ours, stay as long as you like." She said with pleasure. She did enjoy seeing new pride members, especially once that seemed to amuse her mate more than she would have thought possible. She shook her head and rolled her eyes at Gunju. She moved slowly towards where the caves were to do her own business.

Finished  

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

[IC] Schnee la Neige'milima Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas