Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:43 pm
Fushigisou was looking for a fight. He was always looking for a fight, but not because he liked trouble. Friendly spats were always much better than flat out brawls, and he preferred to introduce himself and ask for a spar rather than fight brainlessly and make enemies, like other lions he knew.

He had grown up battling, but things were different now. He was older, he had experience. He had a family, once upon a time, though they had all grown up and gone off one their own lives. He hoped they were doing alright, whatever they were up to.

In any case, he was easily bored, and he'd gone a while without a battle.

Fushigisou liked to stay fit, though he did not live anywhere that would need a buff lion to protect it, or hunt for it, or anything like that. He knew he was strong for no reason, so far, but maybe one day that would change. He just had to keep trying, keep himself focused and working. He found a tree and decided to work on some of his claw moves, swiping at it and bouncing around it, pretending it was a stationary, tall enemy he needed to defeat.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm
User Image

Etain trotted along with Ulrike at her heels. The pair could easily be mistaken for mother and daughter. The lioness had been delighted to find a serval that looked like a washed out version of herself. They had become fast friends, despite Ulrike's sometime caustic remarks and barbed comments. The company beat traveling alone.

They roamed the rogue lands. Seeing the sights and meeting new friends. Etain would rather have made friends than enemies normally. Sometimes it just couldn't be helped though. When she saw a green lion beating up on a tree she was curious. "What do you think that's all about?" She asked, and headed over before the serval could give reply. "That tree looks pretty well cowed if you ask me," Etain called out with a friendly voice.

Ulrike humphed as she got left behind. "Oh I don't know. He could be crazy or have a disease," the familiar mumbled to herself as she followed behind. Who knew why lions did some things any not others.  

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:15 pm
magnadearel

Fushigisou was surprised when he heard a voice, bouncing a bit in place and turning to look over his shoulder at the lioness and her small companion. He had not smelled her coming toward him, and was honestly surprised by her arrival. She was down wind of him, and he had not caught her scent.

Plus, he just hadn't been paying attention.

That was a terrible mistake for him, really. He was supposed to always be on his guard. He was not really living up to his own standard, but he was so wrapped up in his workout. He panted a bit, looking at her and then nodded his head.

"Yeah, I was just practicing some of my claw attacks on it. It didn't put up much of a fight, though." He grinned at her, trying to hide how embarrassed he was for being caught unawares.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"Oh hush," she murmured with a laugh. "You're being a sour puss today. Cheer up." Etain turned back to the male with a grin. "I'd say your an expert at taking on trees. Would you be willing to teach me some of those moves? I can try them on the next tree that gets in my way." The lioness gave a laugh. She really was in a good mood today. Etain moved a bit closer to examine the claw marks on the tree.

Ulrike rolled her eyes. "I'll do as I please kitty cat." She looked over the lion. Well he didn't seem sick. No eye or nose discharge anyhow. It'd be dreadful if they caught something from him. "So what's your name lion?"

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:07 pm
magnadearel

Fushigisou's ears drooped a bit and he gathered himself up tightly, holding his head up and sitting with his paws very close together. He watched the lioness thoughtfully, looking upset and then realizing he was looking petulant and tried to look calm and put together. He cleared his throat.

"Well I'm not fighting the tree, since trees don't fight anything. I was just practicing my claw techniques to use on other lions, since I didn't have a real partner to spar against."

He thought that clarified things. The little kitten thing was making him tense, and he was not much for teasing, when it made him feel stupid. He took a lot of pride in his ability to battle, and felt trivialized to be caught doing something silly.

"My name is Fushigisou."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:56 am
Lithia_Brandon
I goofed and didn't make it clear enough, the "hush/sour puss/kitty cat" comments were not directed at him but between the two. XD

The orange lioness tilted her head as she noticed the male's posture, and thought he was pouting. "Oh did you hear that? Sorry I didn't mean to imply that you were a sour puss. She is." Etain pointed sheepishly at the serval.

"Anyhow! I'm Etain. Nice to meet you. Well since they don't fight back then they are excellent for practice." Now she ruffled her shoulders. Normally she didn't have problems with lions. "Or against wild dogs or hyenas," the female calmly pointed out. "So would you be willing to show me a couple?" It was that or continue on her way, and Etain would rather much more stop and chat.

Ulrike sat down and raised a paw to clean it. She watch the male with half closed eyes. Ah their pride was wounded so easily, even though her comment had been for her companion. "Ulrike," she said between licks. Their style of fighting didn't really interest her.

magnadearel

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:29 pm
magnadearel
He didn't say anything about the sour puss comment? I don't know what you mean. He was ruffled by Etain's sarcasm about the tree.

Fushigisou was now lost in this conversation, and was not quite sure who was being spoken to or when. He'd thought he'd known, but now he was baffled. He watched the lioness, thinking it was best to focus on the one he actually wanted to talk to. Familiars meant very little to him, as he had no experience with them beyond hunting the more delicious ones for snacks.

Other felines weren't on his menu, but still. It was very small and he wondered if it was like a kitten or not. Was it young or was that as large as it got? He would hate to be that small, as he would never win a fight that way.

And what was there without fights?

He watched her, frowning thoughtfully.

"I'm a little embarrassed, to be honest," he said, having not trouble really admitting that sort of a thing. He had his pride, but this was not an affront to it. Only losing battles mattered, when they were real. Everything else was a learning experience. "Usually others don't catch me practicing."

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:19 pm
Lithia_Brandon
Ah she wasn't being sarcastic. >.< She really wanted him to show her some moves.

Etain blinked in surprise. "Thank you for being honest, but you really shouldn't be embarrassed. Practice is important. You don't want your skills to go rusty." She tilted her head. To her practice was something to be shared. Doing it alone could only take you so far.

"I apologize that we intruded in on you. We'd best be leaving so you can get back to your practice." She scuffed her paw in the dirt. Leaving really wasn't what she wanted to do, although it sounded like he wanted to be alone.

Ulrike shook her head. Muscle bound males. Whatever, not her problem. She nodded as the lioness said something reasonable finally. "Can we go now?"

magnadearel

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff