Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Hush now, Mossflower murmured softly as she approached her patient-to-be. The injured rabbit stared back at her wide-eyed and quivering, pushing itself further into the hollow. The green Phony had tracked it patiently, following its limping form throughout the forest until she had finally cornered the beast among the roots of a large oak.

"Now, are you going to let me take a look at that leg?" Her voice, gentle and cajoling, seemed to relax the rabbit but she didn't attempt to get any closer just yet.

Chrystali
whooo yeah, let's go!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

For a moment, Zen thought one of his siblings was playing a joke on him, except...Jazz didn't sound like that and he was pretty sure Ikebana and Judo were incapable of reaching that exact octave. He'd gone out to collect some various wild flowers for the females of his family -- for appease scent or taste or both, he just liked to help -- and was fairly certain his family had not tagged along.

Trotting around the wide girth of the oak, he came to a pause when he saw the other Phony seemingly talking to the roots of the tree. Well. To each their own, he supposed, but curiosity was still strong in him. "Do trees have legs?" he asked around a mouthful of white winter flowers, his golden eyes large.

Ruriska
Derpy tag, he'll be more helpful after I hope *sobs*

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 pm
Mossflower had sat herself down, never taking her eyes off the rabbit. Now and then she would inch a little bit closer, closing the space between them. She was so focused on what she was doing, she jumped in surprise when the colt spoke.

"Uah..." was all she said to start with, followed by, "hush now, hush, nothing to fear." The last part was directed towards the newly shivering rabbit. At least it had given up on the idea of escape and didn't try to bolt.

Only when she was pleased the rabbit was settled that she really looked at the dark colt, offering him a little smile. "I suppose they do, if you count their roots." The question was certainly an odd one and she wondered if that was the sort of thing he was into or if she was even supposed to answer it.

Chrystali
perfect <3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:17 pm
He watched the filly with wide, unblinking eyes, entirely perplexed as to why she was consoling the tree's roots. When she smiled, Zen attempted one in return, though it just made the flowers he was holding bow with the effort. He took a few cautious steps forward to see why she was scooting towards the tree -- and easily spotted the lame rabbit, now piecing the display together.

"Oh!" he exclaimed, before bowing his head as though reprimanding himself, repeating more softly, "oh." Zen dropped the flowers he'd been holding, concerned as he looked between the two. "Can I -- can I do something to help?" He didn't know if the rabbit was wild or a pet, but if it was hurt, it didn't matter. It needed aid!

"Would it -- maybe like some flowers? To eat?" Did rabbits eat flowers? He certainly didn't have any carrots handy! Dipping his head, Zen gently nipped one of the flowers he'd been carrying and tossed it towards the filly.

Ruriska
no u <3

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36 pm
Mossflower couldn’t help but giggle when she realized the colt thought she had been talking to the tree. No wonder he’d given her such a funny look. She nodded approvingly as she offered his assistance, standing and moving a little closer to where he was.

"I’m sure she must be hungry. She took me on quite the run-around." She looked fondly at the rabbit as she picked up the flower. A bit of unicorn magic would have easily put the flower in the right spot, but she needed the rabbit to get used to her presence.

So she began inching closer, until just one more step would have let her touch it. Slowly lowering the flower for it to the take, Mossflower backed up again, giving the rabbit some space.

"I spotted her this morning. I’m not sure how she got hurt but I’m going to take her home so I can fix her up."

Chrystali
oh u <33

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 am
"She looks scared." Zen looked at the rabbit with sympathy, sitting down next to the filly and looking over to her. "How are you going to take her home?" Maybe they could build a little sled-bed! Or a sling!

He weighed the other's words with all the consideration of a young colt, offering an impressed smile after a few moments. "You chased her all the way out here? That's really cool of you!" The dark male dipped his head to her politely, belated, but still trying to practice the manners his sister had so effortlessly. "I'm Zen. You seem to know what you're doing more than I'd have any clue, but...I'd still like to help if I can."

Ruriska
<3

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm
"She is," Mossflower said, voice dropping to a sad whisper. She gave the smallest shake of her head and bit her lip, frowning in thought. Getting the rabbit home carefully would be trouble, as she was used to dealing with much smaller animals like squirrels and mice.

However, when Zen pledged his support, a lot of her concern bled away and she smiled at him gratefully. With the extra help, there was no way they could fail to help the poor creature. "Thank you, Zen. My name is Mossflower."

The rabbit was nibbling at the end of the flower they had given it, eyes still wary.

"Do you think we could make some sort of… sled out of branches?" She asked, imagining it in her mind. Would the rabbit even stay put?

Chrystali

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:50 pm
The sadness Mossflower displayed made the colt feel a swell of discontent. He really wanted to help and make sure the rabbit and the filly were both happy and healthy! Zen didn't really have a reason for the drive -- it just felt like the right thing to do, but not in a chore-like way...more in a way that made him feel like he'd feel better knowing they were okay.

His muzzle blossomed into a smile as she gave him one, bobbing his head in greeting. "Hi Mossflower! We can do this!"

He chose to give the rabbit some space from his worry and scrutiny, instead getting back to his hooves and shaking out his tail as she all but read his mind. "Yes! That'd be a great idea, I think!" Turning in a small circle to look around, there were more than enough fallen branches and debris from the cooler season to help with their endeavor.

"Maybe we can weave some branches together for a way to pull it and..." Zen paused. He also came upon the question of how to get the rabbit to stay put. "I don't know if we should cage her. Hey..." His ears lifted, red mane partially in his wide golden eyes. "If she trusts you, maybe you could lay with her on the sled and I can pull you!"

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:21 pm
"Oh no, we can’t cage her but I," Mossflower started to say and then stopped when Zen’s eyes went wide with inspiration. It was a marvellous solution, as long as she could get the rabbit to trust her properly (and honestly she’d never had trouble with making animals like her before). Zen certainly seemed sturdy enough to pull it off.

"That’s a great idea, Zen! If you could gather the branches together for the sled, I’ll work on calming her down."

With a decisive nod, she entrusted the important sled task to him and focused her whole attention on the ailing rabbit. Murmuring soft, calming words, she slowly began her approach.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:09 pm
"No problem, Mossflower!" he replied reassuringly, almost failing to contain his enthusiasm as he stood up. Managing to not bound off and potentially terrify the rabbit further, he trotted around the immediate vicinity of the great tree, plucking sturdy branches with both mouth and the power of his horn, bringing them to a generous-sized clearing not far from the filly and her rabbit. Zen made sure to pick the straightest boughs and to weave and tangle and braid the branches and twigs that clung to them, until he had a line of sticks that was almost as wide as he could stretch from hoof to hoof. It looked like a carpeted sled!

He wasn't the most forward of thinkers, but he was thinking of Mossflower and the rabbit's safety, picking out smaller, more pliable branches and trying to weave them together to make sure the sled could support the filly and his own pull. "How's it going?" he asked in a quiet voice, pausing in his diligent work near where he'd previously dropped the flowers.

Ruriska

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:16 pm
The rabbit was staring at her suspiciously as she got closer.

Mossflower continued to talk quietly, her words tumbling over each other into a soothing melody that had little meaning beyond, ‘I am here for you; you are safe now’. The young Phony had the vision firmly in her mind, of taking the rabbit home and giving her the aid needed. Then when she was well, the rabbit would go free once more.

"Well, now, you know you can trust me. You’re not the first after all. There have been a few mice, some squirrels, I’m sure they must have spread my name around by now. I'm here to help."

The rabbit had stopped shivering and Mossflower was in touching distance. But she didn't move to bridge the gap; she simply smiled and started to hum softly. When Zen returned to check on her progress, she simply gave a slow, pleasant nod.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:28 am
Zen decided that he liked how calm and easy-going Mossflower was, smiling happily and continuing on as silently and non-threateningly as he could. He gathered plant life and long, bendy branches, creating reins for him to pull with his mouth and fastening them to the sled. The colt didn't even hesitate as he picked up the flowers he'd been gathering and put them on the main body of the sled, making it much softer to lay on. Maybe the rabbit could even kind of hide in them!

Sitting on his haunches, he called out lightly, "I'm ready when you are, Mossflower and little rabbit."

Ruriska
/absconds with Jolly Roger

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:40 pm
Mossflower looked across at where Zen waited and nodded. The sled looked perfect and she was proud of his hard work.

"It's time to go," she told the rabbit, finally touching it gently with her nose. It looked back at her, twitching nose. "Come along." She began nudging the rabbit towards the sled. The rabbit would hop a few steps forward, stop and then hop some more when she gave another gentle prod.

Eventually they made it to the sled. With the rabbit on board, Mossflower carefully arranged herself alongside and sighed with relief. "Let's go."

Chrystali
bring me back the babies! /calls after

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:49 am
He watched from a respectful distance, patient as the injured rabbit hobble-hopped to the hastily fashioned sled, also mindful of Mossflower. She was so calm and collected, it made Zen feel something like he felt for his family -- a kinship, something he related to and could trust in easily. He smiled when they both settled, feeling a swell of pride that his idea had worked so far! He was sure his mother would forgive him for the flowers; it was for a good cause, after all.

"Roger!" he confirmed in good humor, picking his steps carefully, still not wanting to spook the injured rabbit, especially when they started to move. Zen didn't want the little creature to get hurt more trying to flee a moving sled! "We're going to move now," he said out loud, for the rabbit's benefit even if he wasn't sure he could even be understood. Taking the reins in his mouth, he looped them around his chest and leaned forward, moving slowly at first -- and then a small trot, taking a route less populated by branches and roots, slowing when there were rocks to move around. Zen took his 'job' very seriously, feeling responsible for his two passengers.

Ruriska
OH YOU BETCHA. *n* No really I need someone to chase that heartless pirate. *SHOT*

*cough* If you want to time skip out, that's dandy! /replying by skin of teeth sob

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:11 pm
It took time and patience to get home, with Mossflower alternating between giving Zen directions and whispering more encouragement to her bunny friend, but eventually they came to a halt in front of her house. "Please wait here for a moment," she told Zen with a smile. There was some further fussing and careful coaxing involved getting the rabbit through the front door and then down the hall to her room, but it was managed in good time. Now all she needed to do was take care of that leg, but first…

Mossflower returned to Zen, finally letting out the excited and happy giggle she had been holding in since her house had been in sight and moved in for a hug.
"You were wonderful! This would have been so hard without you. Thank you, Zen!"

Chrystali
Darn tootin'. XD
You're doing perfectly darling. We're nearly done here I'd say, so time skip, some fluff and she'll invite him to come over tomorrow and check on rabbity progress.

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff