What's the best artistic advice you've ever received? I want to know what has helped you progress in your style of art emotion_kirakira

My favourite and most valued piece of advice came from my art teacher of 3 years. He's one of the coolest people I've ever met and really opens your eyes to the world and yourself.
Anyway, on my very first day in his class he came up to me and looked at my drawing and simply said "I don't like it," and I was so shoced to hear this. No one had ever critisiced my drawing ability before. I looked at him with shock and said something along the lines of "excuse me?!" and he just smiled kindly and said it was "too perfect". He went on the explain to me that I shouldn't have to aim for perfection and that I should embrace the mistakes I make with open arms. It was only from my mistakes that I would learn. I've taken this simple advice of his and used it in my everyday life as well as my art. I have an obsession with perfection and I've been known to my peers throughout my whole life as "the girl who is perfect at everything", but now I know that aiming for perfection won't get you very far. What even is perfect? Just aim for improvement, and when you make a mistake, just pick yourself up and get on with it.

Don't aim for perfection. There is no such thing. Be happy when you make a mistake, because you now have a new learning opportunity.